Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 5:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « no longer chronic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   no longer chronic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: no longer chronic  (Read 23593 times)
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: no longer chronic
« Reply #300 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 4:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I kinda like PCM.  We have a lot in common:

German
Speaks his mind
Can throw a good shot
Like to piss off shroomheads

I'd hoist a cool one with this dude.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #301 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 4:43pm »

on Apr 4th, 2005, 1:52pm, PCMCCK wrote:
 I do recall reading one of the websites referenced here in which it said that the effectiveness of the mushroom treatment cannot be adequately measured because those for whom it did not work tended to drop out and not give feedback;  headbanger

I'd like very much to have this thread get back to what it was...an updating report or one persons (families) experiences. But,...
1) This thread is and was never intended to be, nor should it be misconstrued as a testimonial on how effective this treatment is or is not, for everyone. No one makes this one case out be anything more than what it is, except you. There are PLENTY of threads here discussing other people's successes and failures. So, please stop making it out to be something it is not. ....stop being a jerk.
3) Feel free to enter a thread where someone has changed their life for the better because of Imitrex and prednisone and congratulate them all you want. We celebrate all pain free time here. Let me know what thread it is and I'll join you there.
4) Yes, thank you BobP for helping make your conjecture about all these so called missing reports of failure....which is now being repeated as truth and fact.
I suggest that PCMCCK find this "website" that makes this claim of all the failures in hiding.  
Clusterbusters and Harvard are tracking everyone that comes forward that says they are about to try this treatment, and follows them through the treatment....so we can be aware of all successes AND FAILURES.  
5) If you stop and think about it....if there is any reason for someone to try this treatment and disappear without reporting the outcome....it would be the success stories, not the failures. Many people that have success may disappear simply because of fear of criminal prosecution or having the one thing that does work, taken away from them. They have much more to lose than anyone reporting failure. What does one reporting a treatment failure have to lose? They most likely will never use it again and certainly won't be in any legal trouble. No one has ever been arrested for saying..."I ate a magic mushroom last week."  
6) If there really is someone out there afraid to report a failure because I might call them a bad name.....please do not fear me...for I am but pixels on a screen. Please come forward for the sake of science. I promise to be gentle and respectful.
7) I'm sorry if you are a stockholder in Glaxo.....but you can always write off the loses.
Cool If you are a doctor, as you intimated, please at least consider this treatment option for those people you give up on, before suggesting they go through microvascular decompression.
9)If you are a doctor as you intimated, please let us know your specialty. I'd like to know which medical terms I can use of which you'd be familiar.  

You have acheived nothing other than to define yourself.....Drek auf dem teller

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #302 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 4:51pm »

Thank you Bob (Pink) Grin
And now it's back to the celebration for D & Mia  laugh
Is it another PFD, Mia?  Hope so! Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #303 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 4:59pm »

on Apr 4th, 2005, 4:17pm, Bob P wrote:
 We have a lot in common:

Ain't that the truth. You sure he's not your brother?

on Apr 4th, 2005, 4:17pm, Bob P wrote:

Like to piss off shroomheads

I look forward to the day you and your brother start your own thread entitled, "No Longer misosophists"

I see the last dose of shrooms didn't leave you any more enlightened than before either. Maybe you're right Bobp...shrooms may have no effect on you. They say they're magic...not miracle mushrooms.

Bobw

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #304 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:03pm »

on Apr 4th, 2005, 4:59pm, Pinkfloyd wrote:
They say they're magic...not miracle mushrooms.

Bobw

dirty pool, Pink.  But thanks for illustrating the reason people for whom the mushrooms have failed are leery to report.

Mia, my apologies for contributing to the hijack here.  Take it outside, boys.  Angry
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #305 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:40pm »

Quote:
I see the last dose of shrooms didn't leave you any more enlightened than before either. Maybe you're right Bobp...shrooms may have no effect on you. They say they're magic...not miracle mushrooms.

My day is complete!
Thanks PCM
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
PCMCCK

Email

« Reply #306 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thank you Mr. Floyd for proving my point.  One person writes something favorable about me and you respond as expected. with hostility and personal attacks against him...and in the same post you encourage those for which mushrooms have failed to write in and promise to treat them kindly and with respect?  You also now write that mushrooms are supposed to provide enlightenment as well as a cure?  If what you wrote is an example of the enlightenment mushrooms have provided then I do not think that any decent person would want it....and regarding your German, "dreck" means dirt, not shit as you obviously thought-before you start destroying another language, please learn your own and also explore with your therapist your obsession with shit, or do you use that word so much due to a limited vocabulary?  By the way, how many of you who admit to using mushrooms have been arrested by the police-fear of which you give as a reason that people who use your fungus successfully will stop reporting it...I haven't noticed any postings about that here....perhaps you are developing a bit of a persecution complex or want to appear to be the man who lives the life of danger by eating mushrooms and daring the police to catch him-so sad.  Practice what you preach-the part about welcoming those who differ from your opinion and treating them with respect.  I really have no intention of "hijacking" this thread; keep worshipping your goddess and telling yourself how wonderful you are. twocents  Bob P, I would drink a cold one with you too!  Thanks! beer
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:43pm by PCMCCK » IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #307 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:49pm »

PCM,

It's not you.  I've been grooming Floyd for the past few years.  Now, every time he sees my name, he snaps!  Kinda like Pavlov's dogs.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
PCMCCK

Email

« Reply #308 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 5:54pm »

Good work, Bob-your experiment has been a success!  He must have to sit on the toilet-actually, probably outhouse- or wear Depends each time he sees your name here.  Keep up the good work!  Good night!
IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #309 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:22pm »

Quote:
Amanita bisporigera  

I'm curious...what happens on these...???  

Langa
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #310 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:32pm »

PLEASE STOP
this thread was posted to share with all clusterheads what worked for D.  it was supposed to give hope to those who had tried EVERYTHING (or everything they were willing to try) that there can be an end (it might not be shrooms, it might be kudzu, or who knows what? but it CAN HAPPEN) . . .if this thread did that, then we're happy . . .we didn't have to post here . . .I didn't have to keep coming back and updating . . .but I thought we all CARED about being painfree? . . .  
Now, if someone new comes in and starts to read this . . .they will come to the end of page 12 and wonder what the heck happened!  They won't know, it appears, that some people were just looking for a way to attempt to derail this thread . . .they won't look through the archives and/or old posts to see what people's behavior and writing has been like all along . . .

I'm sick to see that some people seem to joyful dancing on our happiness . . .that they can't understand how we might feel, after 20 years of being a CHRONIC CLUSTERHEAD we might be ecstatic beyond belief at the pain free time we have had . . .or that y'all don't realize that my darkest fear is that the beast may rear it's ugly head in our home again . . .or that he has kids who NEVER knew him without a headache . . . until now . . or that he too has lost all of the things y'all have lost . . .

I'm ashamed of the bickering and bitterness . . .why can't y'all be happy for ANYONE who is enjoying some pain free time???   Why seek to destroy beauty in a person's life???

I'm going back and deleting my posts that are anything but the reports on D's continued p/f time . . and my thanks for support from the people who support us in both our PAIN and our PAIN FREE times . . .

*POSITIVE LIGHT AND ENERGY*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #311 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:37pm »

Congrats on D's PF time, miapet!!! May it last forever!!!
Love to you both, nani

shore
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
rextangle

Email

« Reply #312 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:46pm »

Mia, I'll remove my posts too out of respect for you....
May D remain PF!!!
Cheers,
Rex
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #313 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:52pm »

Wishing you both a lifetime of PF time.

Hugs!!

E Smiley
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #314 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:53pm »

nani, thank you for your continued support!
e-double . . .ditto *smiles* we appreciate yours too!
rex, i appreciate you defending us (and this thread) . . .you're a wonderful person *smiles*

update:  watch for Wednesday's post .. .my fingers are itching for it to get here!!!!

*positive light and energy* *dances out humming*
miapet
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2005, 7:01pm by miapet » IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
rextangle

Email

« Reply #315 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 6:55pm »

Mia, I look forward to read another great report!

Wishing everyone PF lifetime!

Peace and out... time to dose!

Rex Wink
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #316 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 7:47pm »

Sorry but please understand that I MUST respond to certain points raised on this thread however distasteful.  

There are people who have tried shrooms and failed.  Even if we include all of those instances where the person failed to detox, or kept taking conflicting medication, or made one half assed attempt, or took some unknown mushroom that was the right colour, or just plain lied.  Even including all those... this treatment has a higher % rate of success than any other.  It is the only treatment that has turned chronics episodic, that has extended the remission time for episodics, that is virtually non-toxic.

The danger here is not in people being too scared to report failures - because they do.  The danger here is people posting misleading information that might serve to discourage someone from trying what is (like it or not) the only truely effective treatment for CH.

BobP has his own agenda when it comes to shrooms.  He's done it twice.  Both times he's deliberately and conciously gone against our advice and taken it in conjunction with other medication.  This last time he started with 3.5g of dried shrooms and took them for 1 week along with melatonin and verapamill.  Then immediately he stopped taking them he started on kudzu which is also known to conflict (and vice versa).  Then he proclaimed both treatments to be worthless.  IMO it's not the treatments that are worthless.

Then we have Margi.  Margi tells us that the shrooms didn't work for her husband.  But that's not strictly true.  Search through these forums, and the forum before this one and you'll see umpteen posts from Margi on how well the shrooms did work for her husband, and for a not inconsiderable time period.  In fact out of the 4 times that Mike took the shrooms they worked like magic on 3 occasions.  But the fourth time Mike waited until he was at the peak of his episode before taking the shrooms and encountered some problems.  He then embarked on various prescription drugs that are now implicated in extending episodes and even turning people chronic.  Mike's episode then dragged on for much longer than usual.  And the outcome?  Blame the shrooms!  Categorically blame the shrooms.  Not only blame the shrooms but deny they ever worked in the first place, or at best claim they stopped working.  How can anyone claim something has stopped working after 1 failure?  So why the unreasonable behaviour?  Hmmm.

I know of an instance where someone claims the shrooms turned them chronic.  What's omitted is that the effects of the shrooms as described by this person are more usually attributed to amanita muscarina - which is an altogether different type of mushroom.  But hey - they were sourced on the street so no wonder!  Also ommitted is that this same person was on guess what type of prescription meds...

Now there's PCMCCK who's never even tried mushrooms.  In fact he's only posting on this thread because he wants to cause trouble.  If he really wanted to find out who the shrooms haven't worked for all he's got to do is start a new topic entitled "Please tell me of your shroom failures".  Instead he comes here and suggests that someone whos' been chronic for 20 years entered a spontaneous remission that coincided with EXACTLY the same time they embarked on the shrooms.

I've seen plenty of people fail with shrooms... but most of them have later gone on to detox, establish the most effective dose, and are now having some degree of success.

The way I see it there's 4 types of clusterhead:

A) Those that have it mild / infrequently / of short duration and don't mind if they have to live with some pain now and again.  These are the 'lucky' ones.

B) Those that use CH as an excuse not to live.

C) Those that would do ANYTHING to rid themselves of CH - we call oursleves Clusterbusters.

D) Those for whom CH has become a way of life that involves spending hours every day posting to this forum.  I've been visting here for 6 years and some people that have appeared in the past month have already racked up more posts than me LMAO!

If anyone out there falls into category C) then get in touch and we'll help you.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #317 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 8:08pm »

on Apr 4th, 2005, 2:03pm, Margi wrote:
(even though nothing was done different that in his previous attempts during remission, but I'm sure there will be a post following mine to discount this.)

wish I'd bet money on this...coulda made some bucks here.   Roll Eyes

Mia, keep posting about your success and don't delete your posts.  There are those of us out here who are really pulling for you and D, ok?  Wink  Keep up the great work and keep reporting in!

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #318 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 8:16pm »

And he's fucking DEAD!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Ueli

Email

« Reply #319 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 8:27pm »

PCMCCK,
Whether "Dreck auf dem Teller" or "Scheissdreck auf dem Teller", there is no big difference. Your opinion is worth less than either.  Sad
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #320 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 9:02pm »

Mia,

I have read every single post since you started with D's success and PF time.  I have totally enjoyed them all!

Thank you for taking the time to post the updates.  PF is great!

As you know, your's is not the only success story re the shrooms, therefore it's clear that it works for CH, for alot of folks.   We don't all have success with the meds...cause we're all different.   I have said before....if we were the same, then we would all be taking the same meds.   It's clear that we have success and failures along the way.

Please keep on with the updates.   It makes me smile to read the happiness in your posts.

Continued good luck, sweetie

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #321 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 9:31pm »

Mia, I totally understand after all, I've been  chronic for 20+ years. My whole life had become wrapped around pain, and my children have seen me in TOO many pain situations. In my belief there is an entity that wants to steal your joy if it can and there are a couple of people who posted nothing less than that. They want to steal your joy, otherwise they would have started their own post, and maybe titled it, "shrooms in our opinion, take it for what it's worth" Huh. Last weekend LSA provided my first break in shadows in over 13 years, and they can't steal that! Grin. As respect for you and D, I will remove my post's when the spewers of the negative, who want to steal your joy remove theirs. Staying in the light, Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #322 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 11:22pm »

on Apr 4th, 2005, 8:27pm, Ueli wrote:
PCMCCK,
Whether "Dreck auf dem Teller" or "Scheissdreck auf dem Teller", there is no big difference. Your opinion is worth less than either.  Sad

Mia, I am so glad D is doing so well Smiley Please be sure to keep us updated on his progress, as usual. It gives us all hope that this too can end.
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2005, 11:27pm by purpleydog » IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #323 on: Apr 5th, 2005, 12:09am »

on Apr 4th, 2005, 9:02pm, TxBasslady wrote:
I have read every single post since you started with D's success and PF time.

Me too. All 600 megs worth. It's sort of evolved from One Man's Success to the Hemmingway of Headaches. Let the arguements progress elsewhere. There's a man on a little boat controlling a large fish with a small rod. I can't wait to see how the story goes.

Of course, one more of those *positive light and energy* things, and I'm gonna burn all my Zappa records, and put out a contract on Moonbeam. Damned hippies.

Well worth the price of admission.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #324 on: Apr 5th, 2005, 11:15pm »

on Apr 5th, 2005, 12:09am, Mr. Happy wrote:

Moonbeam

Moon Unit.

Mia, more than any other thread in this group, yours has given more hope to more people. I remember reading with astonishment when you were posting "2 WEEKS PF!".  

I'm sure those who are questioning the alternative treatment are just voicing their reservations in the only way they can, God bless them. Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2005, 8:10pm by pam s » IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss