Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 5:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shroom advice please? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shroom advice please?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shroom advice please?  (Read 1577 times)
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

Shroom advice please?
« on: Dec 18th, 2004, 4:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there folks.
I am just getting started on my latest Cluster and am determined not to stuff myself full of drugs this time.
So far I have had a couple of lightweight HAs in the night that I have dealt with them with O2 no problem.
I have avoided all other meds. inc Paracetamol.
The last time the more drugs I seemed to take the worse it got, mind you I was on Cafergot and co-Codamol.

My Doctor has now prescribed O2 and Imitrex jabs (I don't want to use the jabs though unless I really have to) and Verapamil is available if the Shrooms don't work. Yes, I actually discussed this with my GP and she was totally cool about it. She said give it a go and if it doesn't work go back for the Verapimil, can't say fairer than that!

Well, I am currently  drying out some shrooms and want some advice on dosing before I get started.
I have done trips before so am not worried about the effects of a larger dose, I just want to kill this Cluster before it gets going.  Also the best way to preserve them please. I am planning on drying them out then putting them in a glass jar with a sealed lid and some silica gel bags, sound ok?
IP Logged

www.site full of PF idiots.com
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

Re: Shroom advice please?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 4:40pm »

Sounds good to me on the storage. Just make sure they are cracker crisp dry before sealing them up. Keep them in a cool dark place.  

Are these Cubensis? Do you know what strain they are?

If they are Cubensis, a good place to start is 1.5 grams dried. This has been a very effective dose for me.

IP Logged
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2004, 5:05pm »

Yes they are Mexican Cubensis.
IP Logged

Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 2:52am »

Sounds like you are good to go.

Don't do the Trex if at all possible. A small dose of shrooms will stop an attack in the same amount of time a shot of Trex will. IMO.

Let us know how things go!
IP Logged
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 5:16am »

All the best with it Chuffy.  Fire away with any questions you may have.  I borrowed this from 'busters' which works very well for me.

"Lay them out in a pan with a fan for about 48 hours. At that point you will need to move them to a home-made drying chamber consisting of an airtight container (e.g. tupperware, coffee can), some type of wire mesh (one screen suspended about two inches from the bottom and another screen suspended three or four inches above the first) and Damp Rid (or equivalent).

Construct the chamber as outlined above. Place a small cloth on the first screen and pour some Damp Rid onto it. Place the medication (after fanning) on the second screen and seal the container. DO NOT let the medication come into contact with the Damp Rid as it is poisonous.

After a couple of days, all remaining moisture should be sitting at the bottom of your container. Be careful when cleaning the container out as the poison will have leached into the moisture. Wash out and repeat as needed.

Of course this is just a basic chamber and the dimensions/materials can be adjusted as needed."

Good Luck and keep us posted.

-Lee
IP Logged
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19th, 2004, 9:35am »

Cheers folks, let you know how I get on.

Glad I've got you folks to talk to about this as on the British Ouch site you get shot for even mentioning Shrooms!!

I just don't want to carry on taking potentially harmful Prescribed Drugs when mother nature has the fix all along, let the people know!! Smiley

Now, what did Bill Hicks used to say about making Nature against the law......... I think what God meant to say................
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2004, 10:11am by Chuffy » IP Logged

Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21st, 2004, 9:01am »

Did the Shrooms today, about 1.5 Grams as tea.

Off my noggin for about 3 hours.  

When I got bored staring at the wonderful thing I'd never realised my bedroom ceiling was, I ended up watching Cheech and Chongs 'Up in Smoke', what a morning!!

Let you know what happens CH wise.  
Funnily enough, I now feel like you do after a really bad HA. Sort of spaced out and the side my HA's are has a strange  sensation like a shadow that you'd get post headache.  

That was fun though either way. laugh
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2004, 9:06am by Chuffy » IP Logged

Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 12:01am »

Sometimes I get shadowing for a couple days after dosing but that clears up for me. If things start to ramp back up I dose again.  

Some people get hit pretty hard for a day or two before things calm down. Getting activity out of the norm or at odd times is a good sign that the Beast has been disrupted and things will get better. Usually by day 5 after the dose you have a good idea of how things worked out.

Luckily for me, most of the time things clear up right away but I might need to dose again the fallowing weekend if I start getting some activity. I can usually break my cycle with three to four doses. Other people it may only take one or two. For Chronics it may take many doses a week apart, then spreading them further and further apart. It's different for everyone.

There's also the sip method to consider as well.

I Hope all goes well for you!
IP Logged
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 4:16am »

Thanks Flounder.
Well, I had a CH (Kip 3-4) in the night which I killed with about 1 minutes O2. Then another one came on this morning which just went away on it's own.

What's slightly confusing the issue is that I also have a mild flu-like virus which was coming on on Monday but the Shrooms hid the symptoms, it's now doing it's thing and giving me a background HA as well.
IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 7:23am »

As Flounder says, sounds like things might be working.  Day 3 or 4 should give you a good idea if and when you may need a second dose. If things remain quiet, let it be; if attacks start ramping up again, try another dose on say Boxing Day (depending on where you are!).

Hopefully as an episodic you'll only need one or two doses, but don't be surprised if you need a couple more to finallly end this cycle.

All the best with.

-Lee
IP Logged
Sophie
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 1:53pm »

Flounder
I have been all over the clusterbusters and this board, and I keep seeing people refer to "sip method". I can't seem to find that anywhere. Can you or anyone tell me about it or where to find it? I assume we are not talking about a cup of tea over 30 min.  or are we???
           slow Sophie
IP Logged

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
AND WHY AM I IN THIS HANDBASKET?

Cluster Buster
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 3:16pm »

Sophie

The sip method means using very small doses (usually sub-threshold) once or several times a day instead of one big dose.  It's called the sip method because a common way to do this is to prepare shroom tea and take small sips from it over the course of a few days or a week, but the main point is small doses (about 0.2g dry).  This way the treatment is more like a traditional medicine (regular doses, no dripping walls, etc).  

Some people have also used the "sips" to abort individual headaches while waiting for complete remission to kick in.  

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Sophie
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 4:17pm »

Thanks Jesse---
That helps alot----and makes sence---I'm keeping notes  and apreciate all the info I can get.  Sophie Smiley
IP Logged

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
AND WHY AM I IN THIS HANDBASKET?

Cluster Buster
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #13 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 5:16am »

Well, hope you all had a good Xmas and just thought I'd give you an update on the shroom treatment.

I actually went to the pub on Christmas Day lunchtime and continued drinking (purely on experimental grounds of course Wink) for the rest of the day.
Had a kip 3 about midnight which went without O2.

Since then I have just had shadowing and one HA that needed O2 to shift but still only a Kip 3 and it went after 2 mins on the O2. Nothing waking me at night and any pain has been after drinking.

I am going to do another shroom dose later today as I'm sure that will finish the job.

This is truly amazing!!
IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #14 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 9:31am »

Great news Chuffy.  All the best for today - but don't over do dosing.

Here's to a PF New Year too.

-Lee
IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 9:15pm »

Happy New Year Chuffy!   Grin
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

manana
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 4:22am »

You brits have all the luck. Hey, if you can get someone to import your brand of tea to the U.S. I will try my best to prevent  a repeat of the type of party they had in Boston back in the 1700's. [Grin]  Glad to hear the treatment is working!   T
IP Logged
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #17 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:24am »

Happy New Year y'all Smiley

Did the 2nd 1.5 gram dose last week (girlfriend joined in this time) and we got through about 5 Beatles albums, magic stuff.
Seems to have knocked the CH into touch though.
Just a bit of shadowing since and just in case, I have done the sip method (.2g) before bedtime and slept like a baby. Off on holiday on Sunday so hopefully all will be well.
Don't know if this is normal but the only sign of CH I have had in the last week is after doing a 'sip'.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and advice.

Cheers
Rob
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #18 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 8:00pm »

Hey Rob................noticed by your profile that today is

YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Have a happy one.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 9:07pm »

Happy 40th!!!!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #20 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 7:55am »

on Jan 7th, 2005, 11:24am, Chuffy wrote:
Don't know if this is normal but the only sign of CH I have had in the last week is after doing a 'sip'.

Has happened to me too; think it's the psilo rattling the beast's cage a bit, although I have manged to kill shadows with the sip method too.

Happy birthday Chuffy, and have a good holiday.

-Lee
IP Logged
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #21 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 4:44pm »

Thanks for the birthday wishes folks. Smiley
Just got back from holiday and still PF. Had a shadow one night that two cans of Red Bull killed and that was it.

Anyway, thought y'all might like to see this:

http://switchboard.real.com/player/email.html?PV=6.0.12&&title=h icks%5Fmush%5Fbg&link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sacredcow.com%2Fmedia%2Flinks%2Fhicks%2Fhicks%5Fmush%5Fbg.ram

Cheers for now.
Rob.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2005, 4:49pm by Chuffy » IP Logged

miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 9:26am »

Congratulations!
*positive light and energy*
D & miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #23 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:06am »

Hi y'all.
My cycle has finished now and it was a complete doddle compared to what I have suffered for the last 25 years!

All thanks to the shrooms and O2. Smiley

After the initial 1.5 gram doses I found that a .2g cup of tea in the morning and evening kept all attacks at bay.
If I missed a dose I would get shadowing but nothing that couldn't be dealt with and any HAs never really hit KIP4.

Thanks to everyone here and at Clusterbusters for helping change my life.

Cheers
Rob
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 11:23am »

on Feb 12th, 2005, 10:06am, Chuffy wrote:
Hi y'all.
My cycle has finished now and it was a complete doddle compared to what I have suffered for the last 25 years!

Happy to doddle your cycle  Grin

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss