Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 5:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ch, sleep apnea and heart disease »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ch, sleep apnea and heart disease
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ch, sleep apnea and heart disease  (Read 1596 times)
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Ch, sleep apnea and heart disease
« Reply #25 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
For the attention of anyone new reading this.
Happeh is a misfortunate soul who belongs nowhere and is liked by no one.
He has registered on this site under many names and deleted all of them after being offensive and derogatory under all.  
This is his usual pattern, to start off as a victim.
Do not be decieved. His opinion and views are worth their weight in manure so unless you have roses read no further!
Oh and he does not have cluster headaches so if you are looking for help his views are of no value to you.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Happeh
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #26 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:45am »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:26am, pattik wrote:

Happeh, does this describe you, or does it not?  If it does not, you are on the wrong site.  Posting your theories does not define you as a supporter.  And if you do not suffer from CH, I see no reason for you to be posting here.  Please refrain.

Seriously. What is with you people? Do you see what is happening?

One or two bullying loudmouths attack me. It goes with the territory. I am an authoritative and knowledgeable person. There are people in life who are so small that when they hear or see an authoritative person, they must attack. It is their nature. They are like a dog attacking a cat.

You don't have to follow their lead. To me, it appears you are going along with the crowd of bullying haters. That way you remain with the in group.

Why do you want to ally yourself with haters and bullies? How does that benefit you? Do you need their companionship so badly that you will treat total strangers rudely so that the haters can see you are one of them?

That is a reasonable thing. It is a low thing but it is reasonable. I come and I go. If these people are here all the time and they are your group, I understand how it is that people come to feel safe and secure, even in a bad environment.

Did you know there are psychological studies and real world stories about how the victims of torturers like or love the person torturing them? The person being tortured is alone, starving for human contact and relief of suffering. Even though the torturer is hurting them, the torturer is another human being. Even though the torturerer hurts them, it is stimulation that is different from the never ending fear they live in.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:46am »

There is not one person in this board who supports your position, and your insistance on remaining here when you are clearly not welcome or wanted defines you as a troll.

And to set it clear to you azzhole, I am a female, as my profile points out rather clearly.  You do not fit the criteria for membership here.  So be gone.

You think I'm a bully?  Oh the party hasn't even started yet.  You ask for it you'll get it in spades.

Let the games begin people.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

........................................yawn............................ ............
IP Logged
Happeh
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #29 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:50am »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:29am, sandie99 wrote:

You don't want us - the ch community - to make any assumptions about you, but you're making your own about us all the time. You have called members of this community animals.  "I deal with animals such as that person all the time" were the exact words you used. That is rude and uncalled for.

Sure it is. You fail to mention what the poster said to me. Troll. Dumbass. Get out of here. Verbal intimidation.

I give people what they give me. Give me grief, I give it back.

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:29am, sandie99 wrote:

I'm a peace-loving woman, I have lost my temper in big time 3 times in my entire life (funnily because of men at all times) and you're very close of becoming no 4 on the list. You've been asked not to come here. I must wonder why you want to keep bothering the good people here at ch.com? Get another hobby and leave us alone.

It is good that you are angry with me. I have done nothing to you. Called you no names or fought with you or anything. So why is it that you are angry?

Because I am forcing you to think. You are feeling angry because my reasonable words make sense. If I make sense then you will be forced to reopen and look into areas and ideas that you thought were closed and done.

You are angry with me because if I am right, that means there is more work for you to do to understand all this CH business. I understand your feelings. Nobody wants more work.
IP Logged
Happeh
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #30 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:52am »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:40am, LeLimey wrote:

I must be having an effect. Now people are making up lies about me.

I have never been to this board before 3 or 4 days ago.

As for the rest of it, good people always take this kind of abuse. Think of the wife listening to the angry husband home from work. Think of the mother listening to the angry teenager that tells her he hates her. Think of the doctor listening to the ranting of a patient in agony.

Health care is not for the faint of heart or the weak.
IP Logged
Happeh
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #31 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:56am »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:46am, Redd715 wrote:
There is not one person in this board who supports your position, and your insistance on remaining here when you are clearly not welcome or wanted defines you as a troll.

And to set it clear to you azzhole, I am a female, as my profile points out rather clearly.  You do not fit the criteria for membership here.  So be gone.

You think I'm a bully?  Oh the party hasn't even started yet.  You ask for it you'll get it in spades.

Let the games begin people.  

You are a woman? Oh lordy. Are you young? One of those newfangled young girls that dresses like men, cusses like men and tries to act like a man? I don't understand that. I like women. I like big boobs, big booty women who act feminine.

I don't want sex with a man. So I don't need the woman to dress up and act like a man so I feel comfortable having sex with them.  

Wow!. Being threatened by a woman. What is the world coming to? I am kind of glad I am old. I won't be around to see the world when it finally comes crashing down. Men who think they are women. Women who think they are men. All of them hating anyone who dares to say something new or different.
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 10:58am »

isn't reincarnation a bitch. At least change your writeing styles John. For someone who has only been here for 3 or 4 days you know the board well.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #33 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 11:00am »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:45am, Happeh wrote:
You don't have to follow their lead. To me, it appears you are going along with the crowd of bullying haters. That way you remain with the in group.

Why do you want to ally yourself with haters and bullies? How does that benefit you? Do you need their companionship so badly that you will treat total strangers rudely so that the haters can see you are one of them?

I can form my own opinions, thank you very much. I've made up my mind about you based on the things YOU have posted here and not on anything else. The only bully in this place is you.  

I can see that you don't like that ch.com community stands united against you. You accuse us because we agree with other members of this community and not with you. And on the same time you try to make a case why we should listen to you. If you would have valid points to make, folks in here would listen to you.  

Goodbye.
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 11:02am »

John you've been sprung, this time last time and every time before it.
Face it. You aren't as clever as you think you are.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

« Reply #35 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 11:13am »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:50am, Happeh wrote:

It is good that you are angry with me. I have done nothing to you. Called you no names or fought with you or anything. So why is it that you are angry?

Because I am forcing you to think. You are feeling angry because my reasonable words make sense. If I make sense then you will be forced to reopen and look into areas and ideas that you thought were closed and done.

You are angry with me because if I am right, that means there is more work for you to do to understand all this CH business. I understand your feelings. Nobody wants more work.

Mister, read my post. I used the word IRRITATED. There's a difference between anger and irritation.

What have you done...hmm...let's see now: you're attacking my ch family, my dear friends here, so you're attacking me as well. I'm taking it very personally when my family and friends have been attacked.  

In case there's some confusion inside your mind about me: I've been thinking with my very own brain my whole life. Nobody forces me to do anything. You're insulting my intellingence with your references about me. My profession to question everything I read, learn, write, hear and see. And nothing you have posted in here tells me that I should rely on you.
IP Logged

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 11:37am »

This site is here for people who happen to suffer from a particular medical condition. Since you do not appear to suffer from this condition, and are causing the sufferers of that condition here undue stress, I am sure that you would agree that as a decent civilized person you should withdraw from the conversation until a more amiable time.
Perhaps then your opinions will be better recieved. It does your Karma no good to stay. And will merely convince myself and others here that you are just a self serving m*th*rf**k*r looser
IP Logged

Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

Live to learn, die & forget it all - Milo Puckett

« Reply #37 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 12:30pm »

<<Hello Leggs. I don't believe we have ever met before. How do you do?

Why is it that you think I am a troll? Because I have a belief system different from yours? That is not a very good reason to be rude to another person. >>

You did not simply present your belief system different from those here at the CH board, you presented it as the only way, and anyone who would think otherwise would be foolish.  In the U.S. you don't have to use profanity to insight a riot, you can use things called and outlined in the Constitution as "fighting words," which you surely used in acting like one persons treatment was WRONG and yours was right.  Don't you think that was pretty rude?  Watch, I can write this whole letter without using naughty words that hurt your itty bitty feelings

Because that is the usual amount of time for a normal person to see results. I said Tai Chi in relation to the number 3 years. Your question makes it sound like I am saying 3 years of Chinese Medicine treatment and you are fine.Very clearly, I am saying in 3 years the person will have developed the beginnings of a health body. Once they have the underlying foundation that the 3 years of work provides, everything else is downhill from there.

Three years with clusters is not living, and there are people, believe it or not, who DO find relief with western medicine.  Your letter was way too sanctimonious for this arena.  We are like a family of sufferers and supporters, and you are like the traveling salesman with the last cure all tonic.  

I don't understand your need to include insults in your questions. I can still understand the queston with no insults.

A person is welcome to continue whatever treatment they choose over the course of those 3 years. If you find that Kudzu stuff helps you, go ahead and take it during the 3 years you perform Tai Chi.

How knowledgeable of a person are you when you are calling it "kudzu" stuff, and it's actually a Chinese treatment!!???  Most of the knowlegdgeable people here have read through all of med-owl's/floridian's extensive page of info on headaches and the various treatments.  That shows knowledge, knowledge of ALL the alternatives---yes check that word out, ALTERNATIVES[color=Teal], that is NOT how your presented your Chinese medicine/acupuncture, you presented it at the ONLY way.[/color]

I must warn you though that the use of drugs can affect a person when they are practicing Tai Chi. I have no idea what the effects on the body of Kudzu are. If they are like other drugs, it is not a good idea to take them, then go practice. Save the drugs for the days or times you do not practice.

Once again, boy (I am trying really hard not to use naughty works here, so it won't hurt your wittle bittie feewings), the kudzu is NOT a drug, it comes from a plant that was brought to the west to control erosion, anbd it's run rampant because of the weather difference.  It's not reasonable for any civilized person who actually suffers from CH--oh, never mind here, not talking to you, since you obviously CAN'T be a CH sufferer if you think waiting around for three years is an option.  Go check out the connection between clusters and suicide) to say you don't use your usual meds while trying to dance your way to a healthy body.  

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2005, 12:47pm by Leggs » IP Logged

Some people have one of those days,
I Have One Of Those Lives, And I Love It
ihootlaili
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #38 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 12:38pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:32am, Happeh wrote:

Your point does have validity. I would say that Western Medicine does the same thing though. You seem to have no problem with Western Medicine.

There is a breast cancer drug that is made from the bark of a tree. Once the drug was discovered, people starting cutting down all the trees. I do not know the current news regarding these trees or the drug. The situation is the same. Destroying something for the benefit of human beings.

You don't know the current news for trees, check this out.  If it doesn't make you sick in your stomach, you must be a troll and not human.

http://tigersincrisis.com/problems_2.cfm

You cannot equate the western medicine deriving medicine from Yew trees with the tigers.

http://www.medicalprogress.org/benefits/breastcan/current.cfm

A big difference is, if the Western medicines find this to be a valuable treatment, they will use some sense in preserving the tree, cultivating it to assure the existence of the tree in the future not only because it's the right thing to do, but because it will let treatments  continue. With no tree there is no treatment.  

The tigers do not work the same way.  The components in gall bladders and testicles have never been proven to do a thing, where there HAS been research done on the Yew tree.  Besides, the underground atmosphere of the almighty dollar for the mystical medicines has these parts sold on the black market, often leaving the "leftovers" that is, what is NOT used in medicines, lying in the jungles to rot.  

Okay, Mr. Knowlegeable, don't be throwing out your trivia without backing it up with the facts.

« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2005, 12:10pm by Leggs » IP Logged

ihootlaili
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #39 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 1:04pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:56am, Happeh wrote:

You are a woman? Oh lordy. Are you young? One of those newfangled young girls that dresses like men, cusses like men and tries to act like a man? I don't understand that. I like women. I like big boobs, big booty women who act feminine.

I don't want sex with a man. So I don't need the woman to dress up and act like a man so I feel comfortable having sex with them.  

Wow!. Being threatened by a woman. What is the world coming to? I am kind of glad I am old. I won't be around to see the world when it finally comes crashing down. Men who think they are women. Women who think they are men. All of them hating anyone who dares to say something new or different.

I don't know if you have ever been here before, but THIS letter makes you seem like a Jekyll and Hyde.  

Jekyll acts like he is all put upon and hurt and just trying to 'share' some good information with the kind people.  Hyde starts bringing up the size of a woman's  front and hide and who he wants sleep with.  Did you feel you needed to clarify that HYDE to US, or yourself, while you were in THIS personality so no one would confuse you with the Jekyll you are on the weekdays who maybe doesn't like the girls so much?  

People used profanity out of their frustration at your comments, and that's so terrible to you, and you don't think what you wrote right HERE wasn't insulting and profain?  

Men here are REAL men, they don't want us in our "place," where you apparently do, so you can look at our big boobs and booties.   Apparently your must have racked up some aphrodisiacs at that three hour appointment  with the good doctor, and now you want to come over here and get off talking dirty to us ladies.  

Don't insult us, and wipe off the monitor before your wife comes in.
« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2005, 1:20pm by Leggs » IP Logged

ihootlaili
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 1:10pm »

Quote:
You say cluster people do not have time. Where are you going? As far as I know, we are all stuck here on Planet Earth until we die. You have a choice of finding immediate relief thru pills, or you can fix the root cause of the problem by learning a more correct idea of how the body functions.

Do you know what the root cause of clusters is? If so, than you know more than most of us here and more than any doctor I have seen. But I am pretty sure that you dont, so why say that this chinese medicine can fix clusters...

You are right, I do have to be on this earth until I die but it is how I want to live that life that decides my course of action. Right now I am living a life I dont really like, one full of pain from clusterheadaches and I would do anything to get rid of this pain. But I want that relief to come quick, I dont want to wait another three years for them to maybe go away. Get my point?

I am curious as to why you wont answer the question about Clusters - do you have them, are you a supporter or do you know anything about them? I am not following any other person here, I personally am curious...

Quote:
I understand why you suggest I should leave. The man who responded before you is aggressive and violent. I completely understand why women would do what is necessary to avoid an aggressive and violent man.

What does this have to do with anything? I am assuming that you are refering to Jonny when you talk about violent men but he is far from that - I met him last month.... Dont speak of what you dont know..

Many have asked you to leave, we have heard your thoughts and given you ours... isnt that enough? And now, you are starting to pick on others like Redd, what you said was uncalled for. Maybe people did speak mean to you first but that gives you no right to say what you did about her..

Quote:
Just like I kick a bad dog, I can kick them.

Of course, this says it all to me about the kind of person you may be. No one should ever kick a dog...

So, that is all from me. I am sorry that we have disagreed but it seems that you know nothing about CH and have no connections with it... just move on..

Jill

IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #41 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 1:53pm »

This is the direction we want to see you going in....  

You are a  looser

Leave our Family and our Site alone..... Just Go Bye-Bye

If you are so smart, why do you kepp coming back ??
It is Pretty Clear that YOU are not wanted here...  

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

« Reply #42 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 1:59pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 1:53pm, jcmquix wrote:

If you are so smart, why do you kepp coming back ??

My point exactly. Usually people understand pretty quickly when their presence is not wanted. Rejection junkie...??? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #43 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 4:09pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:45am, Happeh wrote:

Seriously. What is with you people? Do you see what is happening?

One or two bullying loudmouths attack me. It goes with the territory. I am an authoritative and knowledgeable person. There are people in life who are so small that when they hear or see an authoritative person, they must attack. It is their nature. They are like a dog attacking a cat.

That is a reasonable thing. It is a low thing but it is reasonable. I come and I go. If these people are here all the time and they are your group, I understand how it is that people come to feel safe and secure, even in a bad environment.

Did you know there are psychological studies and real world stories about how the victims of torturers like or love the person torturing them? The person being tortured is alone, starving for human contact and relief of suffering. Even though the torturer is hurting them, the torturer is another human being. Even though the torturerer hurts them, it is stimulation that is different from the never ending fear they live in.

1st of all, from what I have read & learned on this site Has made a Great differant in my family's life, & everyone has their opinons, & this is mine,  
You are not a ch'er,  
You are not a supporter,  
You are a bully trying to push your beleives on everyone here,
We are not children,  
We don't want your meds. of any kind,
We are not animals,  
& I WILL PICK WHO PICK & CHOOSE WHO & WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE & MY FAMILY.
& I'M SMART ENOUGH TO SEE THROUGH BULLSHIT !!
& YOU ARE FULL OF IT!!! (BULLSHIT) JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T GET IT!!
WE DON'T FOLLOW EACH OTHER HERE,  
WE DON'T AGREE ON THINGS, YET WE DON'T CALL PEOPLE, CHILDREN, ANIMALS, OR OUT THEIR NAMES,  
I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU COME & KICK ME OR ONE OF MY ANIMALS,  
& IF ALL YOU SAY IS TRUE ABOUT PEOPLE, WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERANT FROM US, WHAT YOU THINK YOUR BETTER THEN US?
OK THEN Happeh YOUR GROUND FROM THIS SITE UNTIL YOU EITHER GET CH'S OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS THEM & YOU ARE A SUPPORT!!! NOW GO TO YOUR CORNER & STAY THERE TILL I TELL YOU TO GET OUT!!

IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #44 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 9:26pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 10:50am, Happeh wrote:

Sure it is. You fail to mention what the poster said to me. Troll. Dumbass. Get out of here. Verbal intimidation.

I give people what they give me. Give me grief, I give it back.

I tell you what I want... for me to believe anything from you...

I want to see your references and your case histories... ?? Do you have those... ??

All I know about you is that you are a really RUDE person and you like beating up on Hurting PEOPLE (My Friends) and then insulting them...  

So post that and let us see what you have... other than that go away.... Snake Oil Salesman...

You are a  looser

smokin  
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #45 on: Aug 6th, 2005, 11:50pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 8:29am, floridian wrote:

The masses must be implied indirectly from scattering experiments." http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/particles/quark.html

floridian...
I just wanted you to know I was very tempted to click on this link but the thought of spending the next week clicking from link to link and reading more on this subject scared the beJesus outta me. I will let your synopsis suffice for all I'll ever need to know about quarks (or not quarks) Wink

Bob_J
LOL...I'll bet you knew all along where this thread was going to lead when you posted about ch/apnea/heart disease...didn't you? Wink

Group..
I have long believed that trolls CAN and often do play a positive role in this type of group. IF the group plays their cards right. They can only hurt things if you let them (which I have also seen BTW).
1. They often bring group members closer as they stand together and protect each other.
2. They are best dealt with (other than silence) facts and up to date information that in many cases, would never have been brought up in the first place. Providing facts and current information to prove a trolls assertions false, can teach many things. Posting facts and information to debunk a trolls wild assertions puts information out there that is helpful, especially to newer people that arrive.  
Just has to be done with a mild manner and back up information to prove your point. You only have to prove your point once for the group. The troll will try and require you to prove it often, by acting as if the proof was never provided. (another, frustrate the hell out of them tactic) Remember, you're here for the groups benefit, not the trolls.

Ever drive down the road and have some guy flip you off? What do you think will have more of an impact on him, a return flip or a smile and a wave?

I suggest some facts, a smile and a wave.  wave

BTW, leggs, great post. Ya know, when people think about chinese medicine, most would think of green tea and tiny needles. I appreciated the reminder that it includes tiger parts etc.
See..I never would have read that info (facts) without Bob J posting about heart attacks!! LOL

Bobw

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Leggs
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #46 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 8:42am »

So are we going to call them quarks instead of trolls? Grin

I agree BobW, they do have some use, not only do they bring us closer together, it's comic relief, when CH is nothing to laugh about.  We know there are others here to advise us, support us, and chase off the turkeys. Wink
IP Logged

ihootlaili
Ueli

Email

« Reply #47 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 1:36pm »

on Aug 7th, 2005, 8:42am, Leggs wrote:
So are we going to call them quarks instead of trolls? Grin
That would be a good idea if we take the German sense for 'Quark'. The 'official' translation is curd cheese. But beside that the dictionary also gives as alternative meanings: jabberwocky, balderdash, baloney, blah.  

Such German Quark was not only written by the troll Happeh, but also, much to my surprise, by the otherwise highly esteemed Floridan. I assume, for his sake, this excursion into the realm of subatomic physics is not grown on his own manure, but was copied from somewhere else. Nevertheless, I have some comments on this mumbo-jumbo.

If research is finding some completely new concepts some new names must be given. Exact scientific names are usually extremely long and real tongue twisters. To ease communication, shorter, more pregnant names are used. Some are new creations, but more often existing names are used. The attempt to interpret the new concepts with the original meanings of the names is foolish, to say the least.

Example: Meridian means "half day". In astronomy the meridian is the line that splits the sky into east and west, the line the sun crosses at local noon. People, eager to bring the salvation to the western world, borrowed the word 'meridian' for the highways of life energy. Does that mean the meridian of acupuncture is the line that splits our body into two equal halves?

Just one more example that shows what happens when you sleep through physics 101: Quote:
Spin does not occur clock-wise or counter-clockwise like a basketball or planet; quark spin is Up or Down.
Which way does a basketball spin? I would say, it depends from what side you are looking. If you want to describe the direction of spin, you need a frame of reference; for a baseball for example the view of the pitcher, for a planet the solar system and for a elementary particle the external magnetic field. The rotating electric charge in a spinning particle gives rise to a magnetic moment, and this is always aligned to the magnetic field, either parallel or anti-parallel, sometimes called Up or Down. (BTW, the tiny amount of energy needed to flip the spin of a proton is what is used in a MRI scan.)

Despite the strange and flavory naming in particle physics, it has led to a consistent cosmological world view, from the subatomic quarks to galactic super clusters.

on Aug 5th, 2005, 9:55pm, floridian wrote:
Both western and eastern medicine are attempts to understand disorder and remedy it.
Attempting is commendable, but what counts are achievements. And in this respect the West leads by many to a few. Furthermore, if you compare what the Western medicine achieved in 200 years to the results of the East from a few 1000 years, it is evident that research building on a solid foundation is much more successful than something done in a haze of mythical hearsays.

All in all, a lame attempt to ridicule and discredit modern physics does not enhance the fuzzy foundations Chinese medicine is based on.  

PFNADs, Ueli                 smokin

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 2:04pm »

on Aug 6th, 2005, 9:53am, Happeh wrote:

Can someone tell me whether or not hate is a symptom of CH? ....YEP!

I walked in here 3 days ago. I posted my opinion on a subject.....YEAH RIGHT!, JOHN!

About 8 people responding with friendly insightful posts like this one.....WE HATE YOU!!

I feel like I have wandered into a motorcycle bar or maybe I am at the local teenager hangout where the kids use cuss words and say nasty things to each other in order to prove their manhood......I WANT TO PUT MY MANHOOD IN YOUR ASS!!!  

If you disagree with my posts, there is no need for attack. You can say you disagree, or you can ignore the post. There is no reason for your hate, your rudeness, and your evil language........THERE IS EVERY REASON TO HATE YOU...SCUMBAG!!!!

Fuckin trolls......Oh well, time to use my free minutes to call DJ again Grin

« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2005, 2:16pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

floridian

Email

« Reply #49 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 3:47pm »

Ueli,  

you are mirroring the style of the arguments against quark theory, getting hung up on terminology that you think is illogical or in disagreement with your own limited ideas of what words should mean.  

on Aug 7th, 2005, 1:36pm, Ueli wrote:

Example: Meridian means "half day". In astronomy the meridian is the line that splits the sky into east and west, the line the sun crosses at local noon. People, eager to bring the salvation to the western world, borrowed the word 'meridian' for the highways of life energy. Does that mean the meridian of acupuncture is the line that splits our body into two equal halves?

The term 'acupuncture meridian' is a recent western translation; it was never intended to convey the idea of a geographic meridian where a sphere is bisected into two halves. The objection that an acupuncture meridian does not divide the body in two equal parts is as short-sighted as the objection to subatomic physics because that discipline uses words like color and flavor to describe things that cannot have color or flavor in the traditional dictionary sense of the words.  

Quote:
"Meridian" is the most common translation of the Chinese ching-lo (jingluo), but it is a very imperfect translation. Ching means to pass through, and lo means a net or to connect. "Meridian" was originally used by French researchers to describe all meridians, and is used in this article in that sense. The term "channel" is used increasingly for all meridians, while some prefer to maintain the original distinction between ching and lo and use the terms channels and collaterals respectively. For them, meridian theory would be referred to as the theory of channels and collaterals.

http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=1087

Chinese medicine uses hybrid or synthetic variables that can be compared to a principal components analysis; principal components analysis can be used to represent a complex phenomena in any number of simplified dimensions.  

While the names of some of these variables are derrived from ancient cosmological ideas, the information represented in the variables have evolved over time, incorporating more observations and relationships between different disease processes and treatments. As with quarks, it doesn't matter if there is something called the color flavor or chi and jing - these are arbitrary, metaphorical terms used to describe something that can be observed and manipulated.  

The hundreds of Chinese notions of heat or fire may seem quarky at first (liver fire ascending, superficial heat, congealed heat in the blood, etc), but they describe many of the same phenomena that western medicine may describe in terms of an excess of free radicals, septic fever, inflammatory cytokines, serotonin syndrome, or other mechanisms for elevating body temperature.  And many of the treatments for these conditions just happen to reduce inflammatory cytokines, or mitigate septic fever, or counteract serotonin, even though the Chinese system of medicine uses quite different terminology.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2005, 4:10pm by floridian » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss