Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Heart Problems & some CH meds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Heart Problems & some CH meds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Heart Problems & some CH meds  (Read 392 times)
Lastdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

My II's are always open !!

Email

Heart Problems & some CH meds
« on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 2:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ShockedHi all, Finally got to the doc's today, 3 months to see the neuro, God damn Ridiculous if ya ask me  !! any way he had samples for me of Relpax , Imitrex and another plus he wrote e a script for 2ltr's of 02. Got pretty excited!! The last thing he does is call the nurse and say do an ekg on Nicky. UH-OH     seems like I've had a heart attack sometime in the past . Just my luck. 8 years pain free now this !! Seems trhat none of these meds can be taken by someone with heart Problems. well I still have the 02 which I will pick up tomorrow. Any special way I should be using that ?? I saw a post where someone said to fill the Bubble Bottle with Ice and water at the bottom of the bottle Ice Cold O2 sounds good to me. anyway Just a warning for those of Us with heart Problems or Uncontroled high Blood Pressure!!
  Wishing PF Days and Nights,
     Nico

IP Logged

Lastdaddy/Nico/Daddy
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

Re: Heart Problems & some CH meds
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 3:31am »

Hey LastDaddy,
Yes, there certainly could be heart related problems with triptans (imitrex).
Make sure your doc knows and diagnoses your heart condition, then make sure the doc and pharmy know about conflicting meds or conflicting conditions.

I dont know if you have a typo in your post, but i think you said you have 2 litres of Oxygen?  That isnt gonna cut it, not even close.  People here huff the O2 at 15 litres per minute.  I can go through 600 to 700 litres a day of O2 when i am in cycle.
With regard to using the O2, yes, there is a specific way you should use it.  15 litres per minute flow rate into a reservoir bag on a non-rebreather mask.  Its very important to have it flow at 12 to 15 litres per minute, and very important to suck pure O2 from that reservoir bag.
What you describe is if you have a moisturizer.  Oxygen is very very dry, so some people try to humidify it a little before inhaling it.  Others dont, they just take the dry air.
Look at the Oxygen info tab on the left, too
PF wishes
BMonee

IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Lastdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 7:26am »

Smiley Hey Thanks Monee Man, I don't know what he's thinking !! I was suupposed to pick up my tank yesterday but the Co. I'm getting it ffrom said they needed the blood work 1st so I'll be at the store at 9AM this morning , of that you can be sure.
       Thanks,
        Nico
IP Logged

Lastdaddy/Nico/Daddy
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #3 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 8:54am »

I can't use any triptans, Nico. I found a great deal of relief using alternatives as prevents.
Look here for info on kudzu:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362

and of course, the more famous alternative can be found here:
www.clusterbusters.com

pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Lastdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 11:52am »

Smiley Hi Guys, Ok well I finally got my O2 Tank this morning and thankfully so far I haven't had to use it!! But I have a question for anyone who can answer it. We talked yesterday how the Dr. wrote the script for 2LPM and ev1 came back to me saying that's not gona cut it and of course I believe you. My tank Holds 24 Cubic FT of O2 and They told me that a the prescribed 2LPM it should last about 5 hours. Does any one have a clue as to how many liters that is ?? I asked the lady where I picked up the tank and she told me it's measuered in weight not Liters which I figured myself when I saw 24 Cubic Ft on the reciept. Also They didn't give me the Non Rebreather mask they gave me the nose canuela, Oh and no Bubble bottle. Ya know I discussed all this with the Dr the other night and he said I'd get everything we spoke about. He also promised to check out this web site before my next visit which is this comming Tuesday. So I will try it the way he prescribed it but, I do have a Regulator on the tank so I can turn it up if I have to, I'll just run out a lot sooner. I am going to call the Doc if I can get passed the Nurse , Because when I read what some of you wrote back to me I called the office and she said since 1967 she has never seen any one prescribed that much O2 That  being a 12-15LPM flow which is what most of you guys replied back to me !! Some get awayy with 9 or 10 LPM some said 15 all the time so we shall see. I just don't want to run out on Sunday when the place is closed.
     Thanks for all the caring and input,
         Nico
IP Logged

Lastdaddy/Nico/Daddy
SteCo
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 12:41pm »

on Nov 4th, 2005, 11:52am, Lastdaddy wrote:
 So I will try it the way he prescribed it but, I do have a Regulator on the tank so I can turn it up if I have to, I'll just run out a lot sooner. I am going to call the Doc if I can get passed the Nurse , Because when I read what some of you wrote back to me I called the office and she said since 1967 she has never seen any one prescribed that much O2 That  being a 12-15LPM flow which is what most of you guys replied back to me !! Some get awayy with 9 or 10 LPM some said 15 all the time so we shall see. I just don't want to run out on Sunday when the place is closed.

Hey Nico,
That nurse probably does not have any other cluster heads is the reason. Check out that link to the left and fax it over to him if you have too. The little 2lpm will not be much help at all. INSIST on the high flow regulator and the non-rebreather mask. Get extra O2 bottles!!! I have six. They are about knee high (I forget what the technical size is - someone will be along soon to tell you what size it is). One tank is good for about 3-4 attacks (for me). During cycle, I have one in office, one in truck and the balance at home, and carry my regulator and mask around with me at ALL times in a backpack. My o2 service delivers weekly and I can always request special deliveries (or I just go myself to be SURE I get what I need). In fact it may be a good idea to visit the O2 place yourself to be sure you get the correct stuff. The delivery guys may not pay attention to what size it what, as it is rare they hand out the hi-flow ones and they always give you the look "are you sure?"    
HTH
SteCo
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 8:17pm »

Nico,

Please read the info on oxygen info in the link to the left.  Print it out and take it to your doc.  Oxygen for CHA's is totally different than for other uses.

Forget cannulas and forget 2lpm!  Maybe if you had lung problems that would work.

You need a tank that delivers 12-15 lpm and a non-rebreather mask, as noted above.  DEMAND IT!

Nough said,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 2:20am »

Nico,

When I read your questions, my heart soars like a hawk.
I remember when I first got turned on to O2. It was definitely a front runner, right up there with cheap sex.

You'll want a Clustermasx, right from the git. If insurance doesn't cover the rest of the O2 goop you need, I try to keep used, EBay stuff in stock. None of this will help you over the weekend, and the nose thingies are going to be more of an irritant than a help, and the tank will still wind up empty before you can get more on Monday......
Welcome to O2  Yell as needed. Plan ahead. Get more tanks.  It's all a case of the right tool for the right job.

ANY tool can be the right tool, used properly.
RJ

IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
rextangle

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 2:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

And you'll find plenty of info at this website:

http://www.med-owl.com/clusterheadaches/tiki-index.php?page=Index+Page

And the Clustermasx is a must have!

Best of luck to you,

Rex
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 5th, 2005, 7:19am »

Hi there  

There is a general missunderstanding out there since the first years we got the trex.On the manual it still say 2 a day and 12 hours between the shots.  

That goes for the migrainers and NOT the clusterheads  
More and more neurollogist seems to believe that triptans aint that bad for the heart as first expected.I do also believe that keep on believe that in case of lawsuits etcetc.  

Most of you know that i had a heartattack back in nov,2001.  

Im still shooting trex.Up to 8 a day in worst cases.  

My neuro does NOT say that i should stop using the trex,BUT they do say be careful.  

Im using 16mg of atacand as preventative  

The first i start with is the O2 with the godgiven clustermasx  

Then the trex  

Then morphshots  

Normally that does the trix for me  

And the Clustermasx is a must have!  

Svenn  

IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss