Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 9:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  25 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas  (Read 4265 times)
Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Re: Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas
« Reply #300 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 9:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here’s the deal with the Renaissance

As of early this afternoon there were 23 smoking rooms available.  Marriott has some stupid ass policy that when you talk with their reservation center they will not guarantee a smoking room.

Debby went by the hotel today and the way to make reservation is with Nicole Antonicelli.  The best way to contact her for a room is by email  nicole.antonicelli@renaissancehotels.com  Just in case you need it, her direct line phone number is 972-419-7604.  She quoted a rate of $79.00 for the room.  Make sure to put in your email that you want a “3rd floor smoking room”, it might not hurt to mention your with OUCH.

Debby will also be in contact with the Food & Beverage Manager to hold space for us in the bar.  It might help her to know how many are planning on staying at the Renaissance for her discussion with the Food & Beverage guy.  If you’re planning on staying at the hotel IM me or post here, she will be talking with the F&B guy tomorrow or Thursday.

18 days and 12 pages to go

Rick
IP Logged

episodic since 1969........damn
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #301 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 10:46pm »

18 days and 12 pages!   Cool

That shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.  Isn't the basketball all star game coming up pretty soon?   Grin

Oh, btw, my office is moving that weekend it appears.  How about we change the meeting place to my office and then move to the new office, then move back to the old office, then move to the new office....before long everything will be moved.....hehehe   laugh

renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #302 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 12:32am »

Rick,
You're right.........it is a stupid ass policy.  However, it overflows to the people who work in the hotel also.  You see, when the reservations people wouldn't guarantee the smoking room, I ended the conversation with them, and called the hotel direct.

Hate to say this....but I spoke to the same lady you just listed in the above post. (I am a nut about keeping names).  She told me there were no smoking rooms available for those dates.

After waiting 12 days for the Guest Relations folks to contact me (which they did not do), I sent them another email and requested a cancellation #.  This was done today.  They responded (I knew they would) and said an email had been sent to them (Guest Relations) and unfortunately they had mishandled it and the email was never sent to me.  In that email they were telling me they had found a smoking room and wanted me to not cancel.  Oh well, it's only $$$$$$.

Jackie, Elaine, and I will be at the Best Western on Stemmons Pkwy.  We got a suite there...with 2 bathrooms, a bedroom and living room.  

This will not affect our attendance at the M&G.  It's only 3 1/2 miles over to the BW from the other hotel.

Sorry this was so long......but as I said last night..there is no excuse for total incompetence!  I would not stay at the Renaissance if the room was free!!  But I will gladly drive there to meet with all of you, and I will enjoy it immensely!!

Tell Debby thanks for doing the running back and forth over there.  I honestly appreciate it.  

Lots of love to all,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #303 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:52am »

Since I won't be there it's really no business of mine but I agree with Jean. I also would not stay there. I think the Renaissance's policies and the employees total incompetence suck.

Here's what I'd do if I had already made reservations at the Renaissance. I'd make reservation at another hotel now. On Feb 27 I'd call the Renaissance and cancel my room. And tell them why, with names and dates.

If all the people that have already made reservations cancelled on Feb 27 it might get a point across.
But then, with the Renaissance's attitude, it might not.

I'm going to be in Vegas on Feb 28th.  Grin
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #304 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 8:23am »

I have reservations at the Renasiance and I wrote a nasty e-mail and told them that I WANTED a smoking room and they'd better have one... They sent me back a confirmation. If I don't get a smoking room I may be over at the with Jean, Jackie and Elaine.  

Oh heck, if they give me a non smoking room, it will just have to change it's "status". Donna and I both smoke and don't intend to go outside to do it. I'll bring an ashtray just in case.

I'm not sure of the count Rick - I think there's about 22 of us coming to the M&G, but don't know how many are staying at the hotel.  

When are you guys coming in. Donna and I will be there on Friday evening (as early as I can get off - planning to take off at noon). Let's have a get together Friday night if some of you are already there. Get a jump start on the rest.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #305 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 10:45am »

17 DAYS AND COUNTING TO TOUCH A CLUSTERBUDDY!

If anyone is going to be in town earlier than Friday, let me know.  TxBasslady's bday is Thursday and she will be here already.  Elaine's bday is Wednesday but she won't be here til Thursday.

I might have to take these 2 out on the town Thursday night for their birthdays.   Grin

12 more pages to go to make our goal also!
See ya not soon enough,
Renee
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2004, 10:46am by Renee » IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #306 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 1:11pm »

Barb,

I will be there Wed. 25th.  Jackie comes in Thurs at 10:30 a.m. and I will pick her up at DFW airport.  Elaine comes in Fri at 10:30 a.m., and Jackie and I will pick her up.  

I think Tracey, Cat and DJ are planning on being there Sat. a.m.

Renee, I mentioned to Jackie about going out to dinner with you and Amy on Thursday nite.  So, we plan to do that, if you still wanna.

PF vibes,

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #307 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:38pm »

Can't wait !!!!!  It's gonna be wonderful to see friends again and meet some new ones too.

If the Renaissance isn't accomodating enough to suit then you all can just hang with us at the Best Western.. Smiley
The Best Western folks were wonderful to us at the Davenport meet and greet.  Well, until they kicked us out of the Atrium at 2:00 AM... Tongue

Jean is the DD for Elaine and I that weekend....but she drinks to much so we may have to take a cab.... Grin  That Dr. Pepper makes the woman wild!!!

Love & hugs,
Jacks Cool

IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #308 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 11th, 2004, 5:38pm, Jackie wrote:
Can't wait !!!!!  It's gonna be wonderful to see friends again and meet some new ones too.

If the Renaissance isn't accomodating enough to suit then you all can just hang with us at the Best Western.. Smiley
The Best Western folks were wonderful to us at the Davenport meet and greet.  Well, until they kicked us out of the Atrium at 2:00 AM... Tongue

Jean is the DD for Elaine and I that weekend....but she drinks to much so we may have to take a cab.... Grin  That Dr. Pepper makes the woman wild!!!

Love & hugs,
Jacks Cool

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #309 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:54pm »

Oh Thomas....please don't be sad, Sweetie....Come on down to Texas....You can sit by me.... Wink....and I'll hug your neck....

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #310 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 5:57pm »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 5:54pm, Jackie wrote:
Oh Thomas....please don't be sad, Sweetie....Come on down to Texas....You can sit by me.... Wink....and I'll hug your neck....

Jacks Cool
The reason I'm sad is 'cause I can't go to Texas......
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #311 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:01pm »

HEY !!!!

wtf

I just read this thread - are you all planning fun without me??   WHO's gonna clean up?   Jean cant be the DD - that's MY job.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

DAMMIT!      
 bigcry
Tina
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #312 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:02pm »

That makes me sad too, Thomas.  I really wish you were gonna be there.....bet ALL your Davenport girls wish so too...

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #313 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:04pm »

Ok Woobie....get your butt on down to Texas...you know where and when...Come on!!

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #314 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:12pm »

I have to work........ wahhhhhhhhhhhhh   Cry

I would be there if  I could  ---   this whole work thing is interferring with my social life.  Bleeuuugh!  Its just not fair!

Is my weeny going to Texas too?    

bigcry
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #315 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:16pm »

Nope, Woobie......your weeeeeeeny is staying home.
That work thing for him too....  Undecided

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #316 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 6:51pm »

Hey Jean, Jacks and E,

Hate to say this, but I think you booked your hotel close to the wrong Renaissance.  There is a Renaissance on Stemmons, that's down closer to downtown Dallas.....by Parkland and the Market.  The Renaissance we are booked at is up off LBJ (635), close to the Galleria.  There is quite a distance between those two hotels.  Pretty much all the way across some of Dallas, Highland Park, Park Cities.....and more.  It can be pretty quick heading right up the tollway, just depends on the time of day.  I'd just prefer to not have ya'll staying that far away.

Might be wrong on this, but I know we've stayed at that other one before.  And Stemmons can't be just 3 1/2 miles from the Galleria area.  Either that...or I'm just way to drunk when I'm in Dallas....... Cool

Love ya'll,
T
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
jonny

Email

« Reply #317 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:03pm »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 6:51pm, Roxy wrote:
Hey Jean, Jacks and E,
Hate to say this, but I think you booked your hotel close to the wrong Renaissance.  There is a Renaissance on Stemmons, that's down closer to downtown Dallas.....by Parkland and the Market.  The Renaissance we are booked at is up off LBJ (635), close to the Galleria.  There is quite a distance between those two hotels.  Pretty much all the way across some of Dallas, Highland Park, Park Cities.....and more.  

LMMFAO....LMAO...LOL Grin

Women!!!!!! Grin

..............................jonny Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:04pm by jonny » IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #318 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:13pm »

Roxy,

They are staying at the Best Western at Valley View Ln and Stemmons, (aka I-35).  They can just hop right onto valley view Ln. from the B.W. headed east and run into the Renaissance in a few miles.  The Renaissance is actually off of Valley View/Midway area, a short distance from the Galleria.

Jean,

YEP!!!  We're gonna take y'all (you, Jackie, and your hubby, if he wants to go) out on the town for your bday Thursday night.  Do ya wanna try any restaurant in particular or the one we mentioned earlier?  It's your bday so you pick the type of food and I'll get us all there.  I'll even get you some diet. d.p. to go along with my REAL d.p.   laugh

Did y'all decide on status of Wed or Fri night hockey game yet?  Wed. we play L.A., Fri. we play Minnesota and Sunday we play Edmonton, all at home.

WEATHER UPDATE for those coming from other areas:
Today:  rain, rain, rain and 40 degrees.
Tomorrow:  Windy and in the 30's for a high.
Friday:  Chance of sleet & snow, high in mid 30's.
Saturday:  Freezing rain, snow and/or sleet with high in low 30's.
Get the drift yet?  (no pun intended)   laugh
Next week:  High's in 50's and low's in 30's.

Thomas....come on down to Texas!!!  I'll sit on your other side and put Woobie near us!!!  PLEASE!!

love to all my clusterbuddies,
Renee
IP Logged

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #319 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:47pm »

Good.......... Grin

I don't even like them at another hotel.  Glad they aren't that far away.  Was just scared it was the other one.

.....and, I usually do drink too much when I'm down there..... Tongue
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #320 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 7:58pm »

HOCKEY??  
They have HOCKEY in Texas??  
They dont even get ICE - do they??   Geesh

Tina who wants to go tooooooooo

Cry Cry Cry    

Jean - it's your birthday too??  SHIT!  Happy birthday - wish I could be there with you!!  

HUGS to everyone - especially Adam!   Wish I could meeet the little dude!  

SHIT!

off to my corner!

tina bag
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #321 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 10:41pm »

Does this mean that we have to bring presents? Geezzz! We never have anything on my birthday - It's not till the 10th of March... Woe is me>....  

Donna who's gonna be the DD for us? Jean or Renee you may get elected... Ya'll gonna have to take care of this old broad - especially if she gets on Tequila.... and she probably will...

How many more days R?

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #322 on: Feb 11th, 2004, 11:44pm »

Woobie,

Hockey in Texas?  Who do ya think won the stanley cup in 99???

And, we get ice also but no equipment to deal with it.  Cry

BD,

16 days, 15 hours and 15 min. to go and i can be a DD.

night all!
pf vibes and love to everyone
Renee
IP Logged

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #323 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 1:06am »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 7:58pm, Woobie wrote:

Jean - it's your birthday too??  SHIT!  Happy birthday - wish I could be there with you!!  

B-day is not till the 26th, Tina......

I really wish you could be here too.....it would make my day!!!   Wow, do you realize how much fun me, you and Jackie could have    Huh

I sure miss you and Ramon........ Cry

Hugs and love to you both,

Jean

Thanks for the B-day wish   Kiss
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #324 on: Feb 12th, 2004, 1:36am »

on Feb 11th, 2004, 7:47pm, Roxy wrote:
Good.......... Grin

I don't even like them at another hotel.  Glad they aren't that far away.  Was just scared it was the other one.

.....and, I usually do drink too much when I'm down there..... Tongue

Me thinks they are staying in a different hotel ON PURPOSE.    Maybe.  Grin

LOL

I know you all will have fun!  Even if it's rainin.  I would love to go, and I'm sorry I cant.    

You all hug each other for me!  

Dont forget to do the standard JONNY PIC!

TIna
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  25 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss