Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
"inadequate response to treatments" (Read 9866 times)
MkeithD

That which does not kill
us.....makes us stranger.

Philadelphia, PA.
Re: "inadequate response to treatments"
Reply #25 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 12:27pm

i give up.
i'm ready to flush all my meds and cancel all of my appointments
i fucking hate this
i give up. Cheesy Grin Shocked Undecided

IP Logged

debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #26 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 1:01pm

dont give up, MKD!!! you gta just show that Smiley $%^&*((&&^^ beast who's boss!!!  U WILL GET THU THIS, though difficult to do, keep the "positive outlook"! Sending you lotsa hugs and good vibes from Long Island!!!
deb Smiley Smiley Smiley

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

MkeithD

That which does not kill

Philadelphia, PA.
Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 1:43pm

Sad
thx, just feel weak, tired and pissed today.
everything hurts. side FX from meds. hit the end of my cycle (4 months) and instead of shutting off. the fucking pain switched sides! *whines*
got the blues bad today.

i have no choice but to endure...but i'm so very tired of this shit. as you can imagine......thx again.

MKD>.<

IP Logged

MkeithD

That which does not kill

Philadelphia, PA.
Reply #28 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 8:45pm

hey all, its been a bit since my last post and im havin some trouble keepin track of things at this point. i think last time i posted was my 4 month mark when then headaches switched from the right side of my head to the left.this past weekend my normal everyday pain (i have constant pain inbetween attacks-which will probably explain my constant irritability) started to flip-flop from one side to the other. I saw the doc on tuesday and got 10 shots in the head (nerve blocks, ocipital and trigeminal, left and right sides)

my current littany of meds are- verapamil 480mg daily- indomethacin 75mg daily- topamax 50mg daily.....my ears ring constantly, my eyes are fukt up (like looking at the sun or a bright light? when you close them?) i see everything like that all the time, afterimages. my stomach is constantly sour. i was taking melatonin 9mg daily also but it was messing up my sleep and giving me terrible nightmares...all this and a constant headache (3-5 on the normal pain scale). no full blown attack in about 2 months tho...( a couple of mini attacks but i got my 02).

anyway. i saw the doc tuesday. got a mess of nerve blocks. on thursday. my normal pain began to increase. i felt an attack threatening me....pain levels rising, bringing me to tears as i ran for the 02......IT SWITCHED SIDES IN MID ATTACK. then back again. i hit the tank for 10 minutes or so (it still wasn't a full blown attack-but they still fuckin hurt none the less). 2 hours later the same thing. this all started at my normal cluster time, 2pm. exhausted i crashed. slept 2 hours.

when i woke up........my baseline cluster pain WAS ON BOTH SIDES OF MY HEAD AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! oh and my cheek now tingles..i am literally at the end of my rope. i have no more faith in my doctors or meds. i have had to drop out of school this semester and i fear that i'm going to loose my job......if that happens i'll be out of options, i'm lucky to have the job i do (i've been able to work from home once the whole cluster fuck thing started).....if it wasn't for my wife and lil girl i think i would turn on my 02 tank and light a final smoke...for tonight the wife is working and the lil one is off at granmom and granpop's..........and i'm gettin loaded. i thought the longer this went on the easier it would be to deal with....i'm now finding it to be quite the opposite.....

fuck me........i sure hope the rest of CH sufferers are faring better then i am

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 7:13pm

Dig in and kick that demons ass. Wished I could help more. You can do this, my friend. Hang tough.
the bb

check your pm's Cool
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2008 at 7:20pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #30 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 12:21pm

Hey Keith... Sorry the battle is still raging.  Like thebbz said though, you have to dig deep and find the strength to fight on.  Just think of your kid and how it'd be growing up without you.  Do it for him if for nothing else.

Get back with your Dr and tell them that what you're doing isn't working.  See if they think some of the symptoms are drug related.  It sure sounds like things are getting a bit unstable.  But who knows man, everyone's CH is different.

Have you ever been through something like this before?

At this point the drug levels look low enough but you're obviously not getting any relief from them either.  Something needs to change. 

If they draw a blank then it might be time to consider new Doctors.  Don't except things the way they are. 

Good luck...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #31 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:02pm

check your voicemail dude

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

MkeithD

That which does not kill

Philadelphia, PA.
Reply #32 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 2:30pm

thx. ive been away from the forums while i bully my docs into helping me. (spreading the pain around) now pain is at a low level, more like discomfort. but the combo of lithium/verapamil/topamax has me essentially retarded. topamax is like a permanant acid trip, extreme spatial distortions head and hands feel huge etc. which would be cool every now and then but not every day. lol. I'll take that over attacks anyday. just cant drive anymore *shrugs*giggles*

thx 4 the support sorry no reply for months but i needed to regroup ya know? and after that last post i promised myself i wouldnt post again until i had some good news dammit!!
MKD

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #33 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 4:20pm

That's awesome news, anyone kicks his ass we all win a little bit. Lithium has been my silver bullet for I think over 20 years now. (WOW!) I'm episodic and at 1200 mg a day it blocks 70-80%. Hoping your good ride lasts a bit, you were getting beaten down pretty bad there. Wishing you all the best.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

MkeithD

That which does not kill

Philadelphia, PA.
Reply #34 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 12:27am

Thx Joe. Topamax is the silver bullet for me tho. once i got to 100mg the side FX got really strange but it killed 90% of the pain. lithium (@600) just finished it off. verapamil @ 480. thats my cocktail apparently. now if i have any discomfort (2pm & 9pm) the side FX from the topamax kick in. (extreme weirdness!!) then 10 minutes later....i'm cool. i just hope i can stay on all this stuff long term. docs tried takin me off verapamil and pain started comin back in about a week. so im back on every thing. I told em dont mess wit the mix! finally somethins working.

thx again..stay the course..MKD

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!