Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bright light trigger (Read 2297 times)
ajarmstrong
CH.com Junior

Anybody seen Mighty Manfred?

x0|Tullahoma|USA||0|0|TN,Tennessee
Bright light trigger
Jul 4th, 2008 at 12:19am

Had something strange happen a few times.  Was out driving with Donna for a quick trip to Kroger.  Bright light bouncing off the car window in front of us.  Uhoh!  Triggered a massive reaction.  The pain was unbearable.  Lasted @ 15 minutes or more. 

Has this happened to any of you?  Any preplanning other than wearing a full blown mask out all the time?  haha

ajarmstrong  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Re: Bright light trigger
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:06am

i drive a semi and i would get hit hard at night from the glare of the headlights. kind of a catch 22 cause sleeping is also a trigger.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 9:48am

i never got hit in that manner, but when im in cycle all the street lights and my lights at work lose the halo that surronds them i see the light all the way down to the floor or street, it is really weird at times and i have wore my sunglasses at night and at work!! the doctor could never give me a good anwser to it other than tell me it was the sertionin levels in my brain were low and that made no sense to me at all. coach bill.

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:06am

Yes, bright light and sunlight are triggers for me. Strobe like lights and shadows as well.

You will never catch me outside without my very dark sunglasses.   Cool

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

gore2424
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 11:48am

oh yes a trigger for me even some movies I have watched can make my head go BOOM BOOM BOOM  sadly to say I cant go to a bar with a band cause of the loud noise and the lighting oh well there is always the radio or my cd player where I control the noise Terry

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:24pm

Mottled light through trees has done it.

Scott

IP Logged

ajarmstrong
CH.com Junior

Anybody seen Mighty Manfred?

x0|Tullahoma|USA||0|0|TN,Tennessee
Reply #6 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 2:11am

ajarmstrong  
IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #7 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 1:30pm

I am with nani on this one dude, you NEVER catch me without my ray-bans!!!! in cycle or not!  Working shift work, i often drive at night, headlights play hell with me during a cycle, and yes, i often wear the ray-bans at night while driving.  Always wondered what a cop would think if he pulled me over at night while i was wearing the dark shades????  Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 6:58am

Yes, to me it's mainly sunlight which will trigger a hit. That is, while in cycle. And it's unavoidable, we all have our responsabilities such as work, walking the dog, getting the groceries, etc etc.
Ha! People most think we're either insane or pretending to be cool as hell for wearing our darkest shade sunglasses on a rainy day or during dusk.
In cycle I never open the curtains in my bedroom, and have the living room very dimly lit. And during a hit I take refuge in whatever the darkest place available at the moment.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #9 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 8:53pm

Way interesting subject. I have no doubts whatsoever it can be a trigger for some.

In my case, I noticed I always seemed to be wearing sunglasses whenever I went to the O2 shop. Ah ha, I thought, it's the bright light!!!

But then I noticed it wasn't consistent. Sometimes the brightest light made absoutely no difference. Finally realized, for me, it had nothing to do with light. It WAS when the barometer rapidly changed.

NOTHING you can do about that except maybe watch the weather channel and be MORE prepared than usual.

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 1:39am

Bright light has never been a trigger for me.  However...

I discovered somewhat accidentally (by test-driving a sauna that operated with infrared light) that light in the far infrared can trigger me--even out of cycle.  Regular saunas with the heated rocks don't bother me.

Consequently, I avoid light in the far infrared like the plague. 

My cycles have always been strongly seasonal.  It makes me wonder whether it's actually due to photoperiod (which I've always believed), or whether some admixture of wavelengths of light has an effect.  Pure speculation, of course.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 2:05am

Bright lights, strobe lights, camera flashes, side light flickering through trees, talking to someone who is back lit, flickering flourescent lights all will get me quick.  I try to be aware of it and get away from it if possible.

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!