Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Try Homeopathy (Read 8349 times)
gore2424
Ex Member

Re: Try Homeopathy
Reply #25 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:21pm

what ever  some people just cant take a joke and really are your friends that uptight that you dont think most of them would think its funny ?¿?
Oh well I said it and cant take it back so just chill out and forget about it if it is going to bother you so much. Terry

IP Logged

Superdave
CH.com Veteran

x0|Conroe|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #26 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 11:23pm

My gay friends would think that was funny, and laugh until their mascara ran down their cheeks Kiss

Superdave

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?

IP Logged

Ram
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:23am

Hi there,

Thanks for everything but I feel sad....I know and understand how pissed off you all must be, and I too might have been before I was through with it (keeping my fingers crossed now), but then I felt I need to share how I came out of it....you may or may not get the same benefit out of the medication which I take, or you might need a different "salt"..yeah its all salt at the end of the day....the only difference is some are "common" and some are "uncommon"...any chemistry kid would tell you that...but then homeopathy & Ayurveda is the remedy for all ills. Believe it or not, thats what the world's going to turn to in the coming days and I wont keep quiet about it.... Smiley

Ram

IP Logged

gore2424
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:38am

"{[(but then homeopathy & Ayurveda is the remedy for all ills. Believe it or not, thats what the world's going to turn to in the coming days)]}"       

"NOT"

I will keep taking the current meds I am on for my Chronic CH's they have been working for me over  5 years     Terry

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #29 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 1:43am

Ram wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:23am:
but then homeopathy & Ayurveda is the remedy for all ills. Believe it or not, thats what the world's going to turn to in the coming days and I wont keep quiet about it.... Smiley

How dandy for you.

You might consider looking for a more receptive audience, however.  I don't think you're getting much traction with this one.

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #30 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:19am

Ram wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:23am:
I wont keep quiet about it...

Quote:
The Emperor is naked! It's true!"

The Emperor realized that the people were right but could not admit to that. He though it better to continue the procession under the illusion that anyone who couldn't see his clothes was either stupid or incompetent. And he stood stiffly on his carriage, while behind him a page held his imaginary mantle.

The internet makes it easy.  Please, go on. 

The internet make it easier than just walking away for viewers, too.

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #31 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:04am

Jeannie wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 10:23am:
Brew,

Is cranio-rectal syndrome the same as having your head up your @ss?

Boo

Brew, I think that makes Jean your "Boo"

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Scott

IP Logged

danielpeterson
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Bozeman|USA||0|0|MT,Montana
Reply #32 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:36pm

I, Daniel R Peterson, talked to an old homeopath today. (He works for Boiron, one of the biggest Homeopathy companies in the world, but since he is a grandfather, he has not exactly gotten discouraged with the system over the years.) He didn't think it was odd to use the energy --not substance-- of salt as a curative, or at least a relief for pain. His best selling flu remedy (millions and millions and millions sold; can that many people be dead wrong?) is made out of duck's liver. Haven't we heard of bird flu? Maybe there is a salt imbalance in (us) CH sufferers.
Just because everyone else is saying or doing something doesn't make it right on. For instance, when I first arrrived here, everyone was suggesting fancy caffeine/power drink remedies. Instead I gave up ALL forms of caffeine--and got my sleep cycles better regulated: I used to be up late in the evening and the first up in the morning to do rosaries, etc... As people know there are questions about proper rest that are involved in the CH question. And how can one get less tense while pounding down the caffeine?

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #33 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 4:16am

Daniel, if you believe that homeopathy can help - then give it a go and let the rest of us know the results. Still, energy drink etc help many of us with our hits.

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:45am

Homeopathic solutions are sold in Germany in drug stores-they make a lot of profit from them, which is the only reason that they are sold.  Homeopathy has never been proven to be effective and is about as effective as 18th century medicine (bleeding, purging, enemas).  I find it amazing that a hoax like homeopathy has lasted for over a hundred years even though it has been scientifically tested and has been shown to be a fraud.  Some people are so gullible (sp?).
Sandra
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:46am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #35 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 5:46am

danielpeterson wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:36pm:
I, Daniel R Peterson, talked to an old homeopath today. (He works for Boiron, one of the biggest Homeopathy companies in the world, but since he is a grandfather, he has not exactly gotten discouraged with the system over the years.) He didn't think it was odd to use the energy --not substance-- of salt as a curative, or at least a relief for pain. His best selling flu remedy (millions and millions and millions sold; can that many people be dead wrong?) is made out of duck's liver. Haven't we heard of bird flu? Maybe there is a salt imbalance in (us) CH sufferers.
Just because everyone else is saying or doing something doesn't make it right on. For instance, when I first arrrived here, everyone was suggesting fancy caffeine/power drink remedies. Instead I gave up ALL forms of caffeine--and got my sleep cycles better regulated: I used to be up late in the evening and the first up in the morning to do rosaries, etc... As people know there are questions about proper rest that are involved in the CH question. And how can one get less tense while pounding down the caffeine?

You gotta be duckin with me.

Potter

IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #36 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 7:04am

Maybe I just need a new TFH too. Or perhaps that's why they took the Salmon quota away from us this year. All that Salt Water they're swimming in.

Smiley

kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #37 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 9:18am

seasonalboomer wrote on Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:04am:
Brew,

Boo

Brew, I think that makes Jean your "Boo"

Boo is short for my original user name, BooHoo.  It seemed whiny so I changed it after seeing how brave that people around here are in dealing with CH.  Brew just  expressed that he liked that name better so I used it when replying to him. 

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #38 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:05am

....something about the whole interchange reminded me of the Anderson Cooper/Donna Brazile "boo" moment on TV. If you haven't noticed some of my posts bring in obscure references... I'm no Dennis Miller but I do have a detached sense of reality.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:11am

seasonalboomer wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:05am:
I'm no Dennis Miller but I do have a detached sense of reality.

Yeah, babe! (flicking hair, drumming pencil)
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:12am by N/A »  

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #40 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:14am

danielpeterson wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 at 5:36pm:
He didn't think it was odd to use the energy --not substance-- of salt as a curative, or at least a relief for pain. <snip>

Maybe there is a salt imbalance in (us) CH sufferers. <snip>

Pardon me for extracting these two nuggets from the dubious dredge tailings they were embedded in--but...

Are you serious?  What precisely (or even approximately--I ain't picky) is the "energy of salt", and how is this mystical phlogiston-like material supposed to be helpful?  Can we detect the "energy of salt"?  Measure it?  Weigh it?  See it?  Detect any sort of effect it might have on the rest of the world?

If not, then I submit that the "energy of salt" simply does not exist, and therefore can do nothing to correct a salt imbalance, or cure CH, or do anything else at all, for that matter.  Occam's razor.

I suppose that one might adopt any stray dog of a theory that comes wandering in if one were inclined to do so, but this particular mutt of a theory seems particularly unpromising.  There's no "there" there.

Best,

George 

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy
CH.com Old Timer

Greetings from outer space

Northpole
Reply #41 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 11:55am

George,
with the energy of salt the crackpots have finally discovered something useful.
Imagine, if we harness the energy of all the salt in the seven seas, there will never again be an energy crisis.

Smiley

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:41pm

I think therefore I am. If it works for you GREAT. I am hopeful but I believe the salt thing is in your head. It works for you ...you believe.
Do not expect other people to jump in the salt water with you.
Any treatment with 100% efficacy that works for all is still to be found.
Thats the facts.
thebb
Perhaps knowing the cause would be helpful. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:50pm

Hey  there AlienSpaceGuy,

I was just curious which planet the NOTH pole is on.  Do they also have salt on their planet? Wink

IP Logged

Grinner62
CH.com Veteran

Wichita Falls,Texas
Reply #44 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:02pm

Brew,

Boo

I think that's cranio-rectal inversion syndrome...

Shit for brains, but very, very diluted may be more accurate.

IP Logged

scott t
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #45 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 5:03am

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but if my salt intake goes up...so does the P A I N !

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #46 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 5:27am

gore2424 wrote on Jul 10th, 2008 at 7:08pm:
Homeopathy wont work for me I'm not gay Ü............. Ü
Terry

But I AM gay!  So this means it will work for me?

WOOHOO!!!  Where is my salt shaker??

And to think that I could have stopped this 29 years ago with table salt!

Chuck - One happy camper, now that I know the cure!

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!