Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A Surge In Clusters? (Read 6907 times)
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Re: A Surge In Clusters?
Reply #25 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 12:39pm

Of course the writers strike caused stress levels in LA to be higher.  There must be tons and tons of people who depend on the industry for a paycheck.  When steel mills close in Pittsburgh, one would guess stress is higher there.

With that said, I don't know of any evidence that stress causes CH.  My headaches seem to feel worse when I am stressed because I tend not to deal with pain as well when I am stressed. 

Also, my last 2 cycles started shortly after starting a new anti-depressant.  So maybe stress actually keeps them away???

Anyway, your Nuero seems a bit silly suggesting CH, but stress headaches are assuredly way up.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #26 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:26pm

BarbaraD wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 7:48am:
Stress.... ummmmmm   Guess I'm the oddball out here -- seems when I'm under a lot of stress Mr. Demon deserts me...

Far from it, Babs.  In times past, this horrible condition has been known variously as Executive or Holiday Headache because of its habit of appearing the moment long-term stress is suddenly relieved or removed.

Some-one here had a long-time tag-line, "Stay stressed. Never, ever relax".

To my mind it's more likely that, with the writers being on strike, the average viewer is getting to see far less garbage on TV so is much less likely to get upset and angry about the absolute swill the channels are shoving down their throats under the guise of entertainment.

Comfortable with re-runs? Happy and relaxed? No stress and  Whammo!!   It's CH-o'clock.

(There's also the matter of the carrots.)

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Kimmie
CH.com Veteran

OW!!

US
Reply #27 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:31pm

I remember all the sites I visit saying quote " one percent of American's suffer from CH." I bet there are FAR MORE out there that have been misdiagnosed or have not been diagnosed at all. I know my doc didn't do anything to include me into that category. I would bet there are far more CH sufferer's than we know. Makes ya wonder huh?

Kim

To accept the challenge is the destiny of leadership.
WWW kimberlydismuke  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:59pm

Best estimates are far LESS than 1%.

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #29 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 5:47pm

Some articals say 0.03% but hey that dont matter noone atall should have to deal with this crap but we do so hey lets blame the carrots now give me COOKIES!!!

Regarding the stress issue i have also read articles about coming out of a stressful period can start a cycle i dont believe stress has much to do with my self it dont matter what mood im in there gonna hit twice a year and to be honest my CH is the only cause of stress in my life i thrive on the challenges life throws at me they defo dont stress me out

and from all the threads i read on here we are  all a strong bunch and i cant see stress being a issue with most people on here but i could be wrong would not be the first time

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #30 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 5:54pm

Kimmie wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:31pm:
I remember all the sites I visit saying quote " one percent of American's suffer from CH." I bet there are FAR MORE out there that have been misdiagnosed or have not been diagnosed at all. I know my doc didn't do anything to include me into that category. I would bet there are far more CH sufferer's than we know. Makes ya wonder huh?

Kim

1% on a population of 300 million seem a bit high to me, it would come to about 3 million people.
From what I've read, in my country there estimates between 8000 to 10000. With 6000 allready diagnosed, but the actual number quite possibly over that. Off course, this is a small piece of the world with just 16,5 million inhabitants.
Which means USA has about 18 times our population. Then USA estimates, if compared to the Netherlands, would in a high estimate come to 180, 000.
Just my (un)educated guess.

Regards, Pascal.

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #31 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 7:17pm

In my house, %20 of the people who live here have CH. 

If it is under 1%, then my house must be a bigtime anomaly.

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Balanchine
CH.com Alumnus

x0|Los Angeles|USA||0|0|CA,Cal
Reply #32 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:00pm

Brian... the carrots.... get help, man.

D.

IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #33 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:49pm

I know when I'm in a high stress period for a long period of time, when it's over, and I relax, I do tend to get hit. I also get migraines after these stress periods. But the hits... they just keep on comin'.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:06am

FramCire wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 7:17pm:

How many people in your household?  If there are five, and one has CH, that is 20%.  That would make you the only anomaly.  Cool

It can sometimes run in families.   

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:52am

monty wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:06am:
FramCire wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 7:17pm:

How many people in your household?  If there are five, and one has CH, that is 20%.  That would make you the only anomaly.  Cool

It can sometimes run in families.  

There are 8 people in my family.   1.6 of us have CH.  Cheesy

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 2:31pm

Balanchine wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:24am:
BarbaraD wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 7:48am:
Right now I'm in a "high stress" area and the headaches are pretty well holding at a mild level.... so I guess the writers strike didn't bother me too much.

Hugs BD

Barbara, just you wait until the actors go out in a few weeks. Why, baristas in Starbucks from Brentwood to Malibu will quake! Porsche mechanics all over town will be cutting back on their Hawaiian vacations! We'll all.... we'll all... be forced to watch actual re-runs!

OMG!!!! Maybe then I'll go into TOTAL remission...!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!