Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Thrilled to join you all (Read 10197 times)
hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Thrilled to join you all
Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:23am

I am a 35 yr old male who has been suffering from varying CH symptoms since my mid-teens.  I did not get diagnosed until about 3 or 4 years ago, when I went to a neurologist and was introduced to the wonders of Imitrex shots.  I seem to be a fairly average CH, in that I tend to get about 2-3 bouts per year and they have lasted from as short as 3 weeks to as long as 8 weeks.  Over the years, the months of the year I have been hit have moved.

I'm currently in week 5 and getting hit at night (waking from deep sleep, massive pain, etc).  I'm taking 180mg of Verapamil every 24 hours and 6mg Imitrex shots at the onset of the pain, which almost always helps within 5-10 minutes.  I've been battling my insurance company and incompetent pharmacists to fight to make sure I get enough Imitrex to actually treat my incidences.  The insurance company rejects my prescription every time, causing a delay in when I can get Imitrex.  During these times I rely on the samples my neurologist has.  I'm blessed to have insurance at all, but why the hell can't they stop being such penny-pinching jerks and give me the medication my doctor knows I need?

I have a couple of symptoms that tend to happen whenever I get a cluster that are so consistent and I haven't really heard some of them mentioned here.  I'm wondering if others have them too.   I definitely get congested on one side of my nose/sinuses during the actual attack.  Once the pain hits, I almost always have to move my bowels (not glamorous to admit, but hey... nothing about CH seems to be) and I know the attack is over when the pain has subsided, nose is clear and I urinate.  I tend to spend many of my attacks writhing in pain on the toilet, or at least spend a good part of them on it.  I have a hard time sitting still on the toilet, but since I have to go, I have to be there.

In some of my recent clusters (over the past two years or so), I've been also getting chronic neck pain (it doesn't go away after an attack and intensifies just before an attack).  I keep thinking the neck pain is a trigger for the attack, but I'm really unsure.  I've been going to a chiropractor to deal with the neck pain, which I've found to be reducing the number of attacks per day (I think... not sure if it is that or the Verapamil actually working).  

I'm curious to keep reading here and learn about other treatments/suggestions.  I tend to prefer natural or homeopathic treatments for health issues, but I've not found anything that produces results for my CH.  Any pointers to successful alternative treatments like accupuncture, massage, etc. would be great, but I don't have high hopes.

Bottom line... I am so thrilled to have found this community of people.  I, like many others, have not met another person who has CH and no one around me really understands what I go through.  This has been negatively affecting my business, my relationships with my family (wife + 2 young kids) and it is an incredible relief to just know that there are others out there who do understand.  

I hope I can jump in here and help out.  Beyond the emotional/tactical support, I have a lot of experience hosting/managing websites, programming and databases.  If I can help on the tech front here, please don't hesitate to ask.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

-josh

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Thrilled to join you all
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:40am

Thrilled that you're here, Josh.  Welcome home.   Smiley

The "neck thing" is actually pretty common.  Not everyone gets them, however.  I used to be convinced that the "neck thing" triggered the headaches, but I now believe the reverse is true.  

It's caused by inflamed nerve ganglia and surrounding tissue.  They usually manifest at the base of the skull, or at C5, on the headache side.  

Look for what we call a "cluster lump" at the tender location.  I get them at C7/T1 where the neck meets the shoulder.  Some get them on the roof of the mouth, and at least one person here gets them on the cheek, near the zygomatic arch.

Have never tried chiropractic to treat "cluster lumps", but the consensus overall seems to be that it's of limited help.  I can tell you that deep tissue massage at the location is bad for me--it doesn't help, and actively makes things worse.

What's been most helpful is ice, or a bag of frozen vegetables applied directly to the "lump".  Be sure to remove the ice gradually, finishing off with a wet cloth when the pain subsides--otherwise, you can experience a rebound.

Again, welcome, and I hope to get to know you better.

All the best,

Geoge
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:44am by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:52am

I'am a Troll but I think you hit the nail on the head with this:

Quote:
In some of my recent clusters (over the past two years or so), I've been also getting chronic neck pain (it doesn't go away after an attack and intensifies just before an attack).  I keep thinking the neck pain is a trigger for the attack, but I'm really unsure.  I've been going to a chiropractor to deal with the neck pain, which I've found to be reducing the number of attacks per day (I think... not sure if it is that or the Verapamil actually working).

P.S.  You are experiencing a problem with the prevent.  It may keep you in cycle or mess with you in cycle with the trade off of neck pain.

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:01am

Welcome Josh-

Thanks for joining us-  I can relate to many of the things you posted.  Neck pain- absolutely before a hit  and then sore for hours after the hit.  I get the night hits too- wakes me up from sleep
( usually about an hour and a half after I fall asleep).  Oh and the toll it can take on the family- you bet.  I have couple of little ones myself ( 7 and 5)    Undecided

And I so can relate to the imitrex, insurance problem-  never can get enough -  Right now I am out of cycle, so I have been stockpiling like mad-  I probably have enough triptans to last me my entire next cycle - lets hope anyway-   Wink  Its a real pain isn't it?

Melantonin- over the counter- has saved quite a few folks from getting night hits  . Some people take anywhere between 6-12 mg about an hour before bed and it can help you skip the normal wakeup from the beast.  A blessing when you are so sleep deprived.  

Other alternatives-  look up Kudzu, some swear by it,  also check out the clusterbusters website   May not be your bag but its worth having all the information around whats worked for others.  

Black coffee and chugging a red bull have saved me many a time too from getting a full on HA.  I have recently read here though some contraindications in drinking red bull and taking verapamil together.  I did it all last cycle  but certainly will check that out with my doctor before I do it again.  

Many others will be along to point to areas to check out and read.  

Glad you are here-  Sorry you are hurting!

Kelly

edited because our troll is looking to align with anyone over his latest cause and misinterpreted what I said about verapamil and red bull- Angry

« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:22am by mezza »  

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:12am

Josh, just a heads-up.

I see the resident troll has posted in this thread, but all I can see of his maunderings is the following:

Quote:
This is a blocked message from a member you have chosen to Ignore.
To view this message, you will have to Un-Ignore the member.

Clicking "ignore" beneath his name will remove all his postings from view.  He seems to be targeting newcomers.  Do as you will, of course, but it's much nicer not to hear what he's blatting about.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:20am

And to those who would not mind limiting themselves...then read on.  Otherwise, every person who is a longstanding member here has all the answers!

P.S.  Also, don't let him kid you.  He has other accounts that he knows damn well what I am saying.  Pretty sad that he is offended that I even posted my previous comments.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:23am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:36am

I suffer from CH's and have for over 18 years.  I also went ballistic on a subject here that earned my green name and Troll status.  I admit I went overboard but I will also for-warn that there is a click here that is in the numbers between 10-20 some peeps that no matter what bs they spout the other 19 or so will back it up no matter what.

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 1:54am

Hi Josh,
Sorry you had to come looking for us. 
I don't know of any accupuncture or massage that helps CH.  Some say learning breathing techniques helps a little. 

There are many different meds to help prevent the attacks and help abort one once it has started.  Your doc has you on a popular one, but the daily dose seems small for verapimil.  Most people say you need to go quite a bit higher to get a good effect from it.  Obviously, it has it's risks as well.  Its good to chat with your doc about it.

I use Oxygen to abort 99.9% of my CHs.  High flow O2, at a minimum of 15 litres per minute is very successful for me.  I actually have a 30lpm set up and it works great.

I also use melatonin and benadryl at night to help prevent the hits.  I think it is about 50% effective, which is a nice score.  The benadryl helps keep the nose less stuffy and helps keep the watery eye at a minimum, so that just makes the excruciating pain all that much more comfy   Wink

PF wishes to you.
B$

PS, Dont mind the troll.  He wants you to know that pharmaceutical drugs can be dangerous, even if taken as prescribed.  You look pretty smart, though.  I bet you already knew that.  Cool

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:14am

Yup Josh,

Up the Verap dose possibly?  That is very keen knowledge that which you will hear alot of.  When that doesn't work then you can do Topomax or try Lithuim or a sling of other drugs that may work for you or not but ....nontheless, try em all bro.

P.S.  From your original post I would be very wary of going the failed prescribed prevent route.  That is strictly my opinion and there are plenty who have gone that route and continue to do so.  There are also alot who are new and old who want to avoid the prescribed prevents at this point and would have never at your point went that route (if they knew then the problems with it).  Prevents do not have to be prescribed!
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:19am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #9 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:22am

To all those who are new.

The troll status has been placed on "willey wonkers"  by  DJ, who is the web-master here.  There is a reason he did that.  DJ is a very kind and patient man about who posts here,  but not in HIS case...hence the troll status, as well as the neon green in his name.

Please pay no attention to anything he has to say.  He is here to cause derision, give very bad advice etc.  The best advice to deal with someone like him is to ignore him.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Geewilly
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:30am

Linda is very wrong!!!!!!!  You can see alot of the alumni giving The Spainiard topic a good laugh.  Fact is alot of these peeps will make you believe you have to turn to meds no matter if you get temporary relief on what works for you!  You must do the MEDS.....if you don't then we must seriously question if you even have CH's!!!!!!

P.S.  If you do not run out and get O2 then you are lazy and maybe you don't even suffer from CH!

P.S.S.  Don't listen to the Troll!  Listen to those who say "Don't listen to the Troll!"
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2008 at 2:38am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 7:30am

Quote:
P.S.  If you do not run out and get O2 then you are lazy and maybe you don't even suffer from CH!

P.S.S.  Don't listen to the Troll!  Listen to those who say "Don't listen to the Troll!"

P.S. = Post Script (after the script)
P.P.S. = Post Post Script (after the after script)
etc., etc.

Get it yet? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #12 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:43am

Welcome to the board Josh.  As the saying goes, I'm glad you found us but sorry you had too.  This pain really sucks.  Fortunately, you've found the best place on the internet for support and information.  You've also found a family.

hayduke wrote on Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:23am:
I'm taking 180mg of Verapamil every 24 hours and 6mg Imitrex shots at the onset of the pain, which almost always helps within 5-10 minutes.  I've been battling my insurance company and incompetent pharmacists to fight to make sure I get enough Imitrex to actually treat my incidences.  The insurance company rejects my prescription every time, causing a delay in when I can get Imitrex.  During these times I rely on the samples my neurologist has.  I'm blessed to have insurance at all, but why the hell can't they stop being such penny-pinching jerks and give me the medication my doctor knows I need?

Most insurance companies have a perscription limit override form available.  You take it to your Dr and he/she indicates how much you need for your condition.  I went this route with Blue Cross Blue Shield and upped my monthly supply to 12 / month.

Having said that I rely on Oxygen for my primary abortive.  It works great if you get on it quickly and use it correctly.  Imitrex scares the hell out of me because of the stress it puts on your heart and vascular system.  So I figure O2 is a good alternative if it works.  Unfortunately it only works for about 70% of us. 

180mg is a low dose of Verapamil for CH treatment.  Some use levels >1g.  My magic number seems to be ~400mg.  I've also had much better results using the regular release formulation.  I use it 80mg 7am/80mg 2pm/120mg 10pm.

Preventatives are funny things.  They can really mess with your cycles and there are always side effects to be balanced against the relief they provide.  Some decide to go without and rely on abortives only.  It really is an individual choice.

Quote:
I have a couple of symptoms that tend to happen whenever I get a cluster that are so consistent and I haven't really heard some of them mentioned here.  I'm wondering if others have them too.   I definitely get congested on one side of my nose/sinuses during the actual attack.  Once the pain hits, I almost always have to move my bowels (not glamorous to admit, but hey... nothing about CH seems to be) and I know the attack is over when the pain has subsided, nose is clear and I urinate.  I tend to spend many of my attacks writhing in pain on the toilet, or at least spend a good part of them on it.  I have a hard time sitting still on the toilet, but since I have to go, I have to be there.

I've heard this before.  Bowel movement is a frequent occurance for me too.  But it doesn't happen all the time.
Quote:
In some of my recent clusters (over the past two years or so), I've been also getting chronic neck pain (it doesn't go away after an attack and intensifies just before an attack).  I keep thinking the neck pain is a trigger for the attack, but I'm really unsure.  I've been going to a chiropractor to deal with the neck pain, which I've found to be reducing the number of attacks per day (I think... not sure if it is that or the Verapamil actually working).  

I've never heard of Verapamil causing this.  I'd think it is more related to the stress of the attacks themselves.  We all tense up when we feel an attack coming on.  Couldn't hurt to mention it to your Dr though. 

Are the Chiropractic treatments helping with the neck pain?

Quote:
I'm curious to keep reading here and learn about other treatments/suggestions.  I tend to prefer natural or homeopathic treatments for health issues, but I've not found anything that produces results for my CH.  Any pointers to successful alternative treatments like accupuncture, massage, etc. would be great, but I don't have high hopes.

I don't think you can get any more natural than Oxygen myself.

There are several techniques around (Charlie's and the Spaniard's) for diverting the blood flow from the head to the extremeties but I haven't had any luck with them. 

I've been practicing yoga for two years now and find that the training on breath focus helps me remain calm during a hit which I belief reduces the kip level.  But not always.

Yoga has also improved my lung function which I believe helps make O2 more effective.

Quote:
Bottom line... I am so thrilled to have found this community of people.  I, like many others, have not met another person who has CH and no one around me really understands what I go through.  This has been negatively affecting my business, my relationships with my family (wife + 2 young kids) and it is an incredible relief to just know that there are others out there who do understand.  

There is tremendous power in knowing you aren't alone and there are others who understand.  Welcome home.

Quote:
I look forward to getting to know you all!

And we look forward to getting to know you  Cool

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 10:33am

hello and welcome:
first and formost this place is about caring and compassion, also great advice. so ignore the troll. (united we stand and divided we fall)

I cant offer alot of advice that hasen't been mentioned yet so i will talk about how i am.

sleep- i use trazadone

bowel movements after a hit- me too but i noticed an increase with the use of imitrex injection

abortive treatment- oxygen,energy drink, ice, and imitrex
chiropractic- not for me, i have tried it and accupuncture with nothing but a big bill.

family and job problems- those beat me up as bad as ch.

having recently met my first cluster head and since joining this place i have realized i am not alone, someone does understand and ch doesn't rule me.

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #14 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:00pm

Thank you all (even the resident troll) for such a warm welcome!  After doing a bit of research, I decided I'm going to try Kilowatt3's mixture starting tonight:

Kudzu - 1000 mg, 2x per day (morning & night) 
Magnesium - 250 mg, 2x per day (morning & night) 
St. John's Wort - 300 mg, 2x per day (morning & night) 
Skullcap - 425 mg at bedtime 
Melatonin - 10 mg at bedtime 

I will report back what the results are.  It feels good to be at least trying something new and to have the support of this community.

Thank you all again!

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #15 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:10pm

U might want to start at small doses and work your way up if need be.

I have never taken the first 4 things on your list, but i do take melatonin.  I started with just 4.5mg of melatonin and it worked great.  I have taken as much as 12mg per nite, but I would reccommend starting much less.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #16 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:15pm

Thank you, I probably should have mentioned that I received the same recommendation from a Naturopath MD here in Pittsburgh.  I'll be starting at 5mg of melatonin and see how I do (I've never taken it before).  Some of my actual doses will be a tiny bit off (lower) because of the mg strength of the supplements I was able to find at our local health food store.

I will report back with my actual dosages and results as they come.

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:20am

G’day & Welcome

With the magnesium see if you can get the magnesium/calcium combo as the Magnesium on its own is a calcium blocker & you could end up with muscle & joint soreness, not as bad as CH of course but a bloody nauicence.
Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #18 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 5:21am

Welcome to the funny farm  Clusterville. We're all here to help in any way we can. Sorry you had to find us, but you've come to the right place for CH. With this bunch, when we say, "We know how you feel", you can bet your bippy WE DO.

You asked about accupuncture... I went that route for about two months and while it felt great at the time .. I always got hit about two hours later. I quit it after about two months. Couldn't see any help for the CH in it.

Chiro... been there also. Got my neck and back lined up great, but didn't help the CH.

I swear by O2 (keep cafergot in case of emergency for abort). Lately the O2 and a can of energy drink has been doing it for me. (I hate meds if I forget to mention that, but I hate pain worse). I've been on topamax since 99 and it's been my miracle drug for a prevent (I'm chronic).

Melatonin has been great for stopping the night hits in a whole lot of us. It helps with the exhaustion by letting us get some sleep at night.

Again welcome. Got questions? We'll try to answer them. Wanna vent - we're here to listen. Welcome to the family...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #19 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 11:08am

hayduke wrote on Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:00pm:
After doing a bit of research, I decided I'm going to try Kilowatt3's mixture starting tonight:

Kudzu - 1000 mg, 2x per day (morning & night)  
Magnesium - 250 mg, 2x per day (morning & night)  
St. John's Wort - 300 mg, 2x per day (morning & night)  
Skullcap - 425 mg at bedtime  
Melatonin - 10 mg at bedtime  

I will report back what the results are.  It feels good to be at least trying something new and to have the support of this community.

Thank you all again!

Hi Josh!

Don't forget to post your success story here, since not everyone may be following the other thread! Smiley

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #20 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:14pm

This is copied from New CH.com Forum › Cluster Headache Help and Support › Medications,  Treatments,  Therapies › Kilowatt3!

I started this last night and I can report my FIRST ATTACK FREE NIGHT IN ALMOST 5 WEEKS!!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley    I am not going to make any other claims about success, but I had a full, beautiful, restful night of sleep for the first time in a long time.  Even if that's all this does for me, I can't thank Kilowatt3 enough for this!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

For the purposes of helping others, let me explain what exactly I took (as I had to modify Kilowatt3's original mixture/amounts due to what was available at the health food store I went to purchase all of the supplements/herbs.  Here's what I took last night:

- Kudzu (900 mg - 2 pills)
- Magnesium (200 mg - 1 pill)
- St John's Wort (300 mg - 1 pill) -- The pharmacist recommended a pill that also contained 80 mg of Rosemary (leaf) and 40 mg of Spirulina (algae).  It's also worth noting that the St John's Wort was standardized to .3% dianthrones measured as hypericin.  This has to do with the accuracy of the potency of the herb in pill.
- Skullcap (.5 ml liquid drop) -- They only had skullcap in liquid form, and this amount equals 500 mg
- Melatonin (5 mg - 2 pills) -- The pharmacist (and others here on this board) recommended going easy on this for my first night to see how it goes.  I'm going to see my Naturopath MD and get her advice about the 10 mg dose.

I have no idea if this will or won't work for anyone else, and I have no idea what the next few days will look like, but I can absolutely attest that I was attack free last night.  I will continue to report back my progress.  I will also report back what my Naturopath MD has to say about all of this.  She has a double medical degree as a Naturopath and a Medical Doctorate, and I trust her opinion on these things a lot.   My biggest concern is just making sure that I am not solving one problem while causing others.

Thank you again, Kilowatt3 and thanks to everyone else who has contributed to this thread and shared their experiences!

-josh

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #21 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:19pm

An update:  Still no headache or even shadows today!  I went to see my doctor and she was very enthusiastic about this mixture of things.  She had several suggestions.  The first was to do what I did, which is to ramp up on the melatonin.   The only difference is how knocked out you want to be.  I may up the dosage tonight to see the difference.  The second comment from her was to keep an eye on the magnesium, because it could cause bad diarrhea.  I guess there is another form of it that you can take that has the same properties, but doesn't cause that.  I'll have to wait and see, I guess.

My neck pain has come back fairly severely during the day today, and I'm hoping it is not a foreshadowing of an attack.  I'm going to keep with the plan and work on some other ways to help my neck in the meantime.

Thanks again, everyone!

-josh

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #22 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:31pm

Your experience thusfar, and that of kilowatt3 with this combination has been intriguing.  I will be watching for further reports with interest.  

As far as the magnesium causing diarrhea, you may wish to consider adding 1000 mg. calcium to your regimen.  Calcium can ameliorate some of the diarrhea associated with magnesium supplementation.

Best wishes,

George  

P.S.--Nice reference in your screen name to "The Monkey Wrench Gang", btw.   Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2008 at 5:52pm by George »  

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #23 - Sep 9th, 2008 at 6:58pm

George wrote on Sep 9th, 2008 at 4:31pm:
P.S.--Nice reference in your screen name to "The Monkey Wrench Gang", btw.   Wink

Heh... most people don't get that.  Well read, good sir!   Wink

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #24 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 9:04am

Yet another PF night!!!   I upped the melatonin to 7.5 mg in last night's dose, but I think that may be a bit much for me.  I am still really drowsy this morning.  But hey, a small price to pay for a pain free 36 hours, so far!

-josh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!