Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Thrilled to join you all (Read 10195 times)
Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Thrilled to join you all
Reply #25 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:00am

Congrats on the success, hoping it holds for you! I second the motion on adding the calcium supplement, it'll help some with the "loosey goosies! Wink, additionally the magnesium leeches calcium outta your system so it never hurts to replenish it a bit. Hoping you continued success!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #26 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:18pm

Still PF, day and night, since Monday when I started taking the herbal supplement mixture described in this thread.  I can't recommend this more highly for others to try.   As best as I can tell, there's not much to lose.

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Lake Charles, Louisiana - USA
Reply #27 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:17pm

hayduke wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:18pm:
Still PF, day and night, since Monday when I started taking the herbal supplement mixture described in this thread.  I can't recommend this more highly for others to try.   As best as I can tell, there's not much to lose.

Way to go, Josh!

Congrats on your success!  Hope you'll keep posting daily for a while to let us all know how the treatment is working out.  You'll probably want to stay on the stuff through the weekend, but if you quit on Monday, I'm betting you'll find your cycle is broken Smiley.  If not, just get back on it for another week.

On the melatonin - If 5 mg is working out OK for you, I wouldn't worry about trying to "ramp it up".  There's some evidence that smaller doses of melatonin are actually more effective than large ones, at least for helping with sleep.  I dunno if the effects on CH follow the same rule, but I don't argue with success.  I included 10 mg of melatonin in my recipe simply because a lot of people had reported good results with dosages in that range.  If you're PF, then what you're doing is working!  Please pass the word!

Regards & GL!
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #28 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 2:27am

Still PF, day and night, since Monday when I started taking the herbal supplement mixture described in this thread.  I can't recommend this more highly for others to try.   As best as I can tell, there's not much to lose.

You know--this is getting quite interesting...  Three episodics reporting thusfar that this particular combination appears to have stopped an episodic cycle in its tracks.

I'll continue to watch this, with interest.

May I suggest that one--or all three of you--start a thread on the meds board specifically devoted to this topic?  Others could add their experiences to the thread as well if they choose to attempt using this combination.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #29 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 10:34pm

George wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 at 2:27am:

You know--this is getting quite interesting...  Three episodics reporting thusfar that this particular combination appears to have stopped an episodic cycle in its tracks.

I'll continue to watch this, with interest.

May I suggest that one--or all three of you--start a thread on the meds board specifically devoted to this topic?  Others could add their experiences to the thread as well if they choose to attempt using this combination.

Best,

George  

Hi George, and thanks for joining the discussion.

Actually, Cyndi had started a thread on the meds board (and embarassed me by calling it, "Kilowatt3!!!"), but the thread sort of wandered, so maybe it would be appropriate to start a new one.  I'm not sure what to call it, but I'll think of something.  Lemme know if you have any suggestions!

It's kind of funny, really - I had posted the regimen a couple of months ago on one of the boards, in response to an impassioned post by someone who vowed to "never rest" until she found a way to beat the Beast.  She never replied, or responded in any way, but continued posting all over the boards, talking about chiropractic, acupuncture, even that sinusbuster pepper-spray stuff.  All the while, I'm sitting here thinking, "Well, I've got something that works great for me - wonder why she won't listen?"

Meanwhile, Cyndi sees the post, runs (not walks) to the store to get the stuff, and has Lorne's cycle busted within a few days.  I think Josh saw her success story and decided to try it.  So, the posting seems to have done some good, even though the person it was originally directed to ignored it.  Go figure! Smiley

Anyway, one of these days, I'll try to post a little more about the recipe, including my theory of why it works.  Keep in mind, though, that I'm not a doctor, a nutritionist, a pharmacist, or anybody else particularly qualified to discuss this stuff - I just found something that works for me (and for Lorne and Josh, apparently), and I have a theory (opinion) about why it works.  It appears to have a 100% success rate so far!

Thanks again for contributing to the discussion, and please join in as much as you can.

Best regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

If "that which does not kill me, makes me stronger", then how come I always feel like $hit after every near-death experience?
WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Cyndi Leier
CH.com Newbie

I can't bear to witness
another CH attack

CA
Reply #30 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 1:13am

Hey, hey, hey! Don't be embarrassed by the title of my post. You quite possibly saved Lorne's life and my entire family's sanity. I don't know what it's like in other households with a clusterhead but ours was filled with fear, anxiety, depression, and tears during a cycle. And I'm not just referring to the actual clusterhead! We would have had many weeks left of this living hell if it weren't for you. And there is always a fear in the back of our minds that Lorne could harm himself if left unattended. If I could afford to put up a billboard on the freeway featuring you, I would do it. We now refer to your recipe, regimen, cocktail........as THE KILOWATT3.

Cyndi

IP Logged

TrespassersWill - TW
CH.com Newbie

Now I know how JFK might
have felt.

Northern Colorado, USA
Reply #31 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 3:25am

Just a quick "hello" from the "new kid on the block" before taking a swing at getting some shut-eye (which I'm NOT really looking forward to, for obvious reasons.) But, I digress...

I would like to express my deepest and heartfelt thanks to the hundreds, if not thousands, of "we" afflicted AND THEIR FAMILIES, for the extraordinary support and wealth of resources they have so generously and thoroughly provided here.

While we all have so great an understanding of pain that it could last us 100 lifetimes, (assuming we manage to get through this one on a natural schedule) clients, friends, business associates, even some distant family members, don't. And, this can, occasionally cause some problems. "Oh, poor wittle Davey. He's got a boo-boo in his head. Maybe he just needs to get his blankie, curl up, and take a nap." The "I have a seriously bad, ferocious, JFK headache!" just doesn't seem to really register with people. Thus, it is appreciated beyond the measure of words that a site like this, abundant with support and commiseration, is here for people like us.

Though I've needed this for the last 25 years, it would be both an honor and a privilege if, during the time spent with you, I was actually able to provide something of benefit to someone else that would ultimately improve the quality of their life a little bit quicker.

Again, thanks and looking forward to catching up with you all a bit later...hopefully after a FULL NIGHTS rest ?

TW

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #32 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 1:27pm

Cyndi Leier wrote on Sep 14th, 2008 at 1:13am:
Hey, hey, hey! Don't be embarrassed by the title of my post. You quite possibly saved Lorne's life and my entire family's sanity. I don't know what it's like in other households with a clusterhead but ours was filled with fear, anxiety, depression, and tears during a cycle. And I'm not just referring to the actual clusterhead! We would have had many weeks left of this living hell if it weren't for you. And there is always a fear in the back of our minds that Lorne could harm himself if left unattended. If I could afford to put up a billboard on the freeway featuring you, I would do it. We now refer to your recipe, regimen, cocktail........as THE KILOWATT3.

Cyndi

Hi Cyndi,

Just kidding!  I'll get over it! Wink

I'm sure glad that Lorne had such success!  I'm assuming that he's remaining PF the last week or so (?)  Over on the "Kilowatt3!" board, it looks like another fellow is off to a good start.  TJ posted that he was starting last night, and this morning he reported his first PF night's sleep in weeks.  He couldn't find the skullcap locally, though, so had to order it, but he should have it tomorrow.  I'm sure hoping for another success story.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and please stay in touch!

Regards,
Jim

P.S. In your family pic, which of the three girls is you?

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Cyndi Leier
CH.com Newbie

I can't bear to witness
another CH attack

CA
Reply #33 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 1:47pm

LMAO! I'm the little old one in the middle. Left to Right.......
Rachel 17, Me, Lorne, Casey, 26 - she's the Master's Graduate.
Yes, you killed Lorne's cycle dead in it's tracks without a single sign left of the demon whatsoever. Should be good for about a year or so. I can't leave this site until I hear more success stories.

Hey, I just learned a neat trick. I use a PC and if I right click on a user's icon (picture) I can then left click "view image".......and ta da! Full sized image. I can see how truly beautiful your car is now!
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2008 at 2:04pm by Cyndi Leier »  

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #34 - Sep 15th, 2008 at 9:07pm

Cyndi Leier wrote on Sep 14th, 2008 at 1:47pm:
Hey, I just learned a neat trick. I use a PC and if I right click on a user's icon (picture) I can then left click "view image".......and ta da! Full sized image. I can see how truly beautiful your car is now!

Hi Cyndi,

Well, I have to admit, that's not actually my car.  I have one just like it (1952 Jaguar Mark VII), but mine hasn't been restored yet, so I have a LOT of work ahead of me!  The pic is a reminder of what CAN be, not what IS!  Smiley

Josh reports on the other board that he is still PF, and is planning to stop the regimen after tomorrow night.  Let's cross our fingers & pray that he's in the clear!  I'm sure glad that your success with Lorne has helped get a couple more people interested.  Wonder if you've heard any more from any of the people who had PM'd you about the ingredients?

Stay in touch, and all the best to the family,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #35 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 3:40am

Okay, Jim, so here's what I propose:

I'm very much a clockwork episodic, and my cycles have always been very predictable.  As time has passed, they have become less and less frequent, but they still average 6 to 8 weeks in length, ramping up rapidly, peaking at high cycle for around two weeks, and then slowly subsiding.  This has been the pattern for me for better than forty years.

I'm not due for another cycle until the spring, but if the thing comes around again (which I figure it will) I'm going to give this regimen a shot.

In the interests of a fair trial, I'm going to let the cycle ramp up all the way, and then start the regimen.  Give it something to chew on.  If it brings the thing to a screeching halt, then you'll have a serious convert.  Nothing has ever stopped one for me before the thing has run its course.

Six months to go before I can give it a go, but I'm not going to forget.   Wink

'Course, if the beast doesn't show up, I'm not going to go out looking for it, you understand...

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #36 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 8:15am

George wrote on Sep 16th, 2008 at 3:40am:
Okay, Jim, so here's what I propose:

I'm not due for another cycle until the spring, but if the thing comes around again (which I figure it will) I'm going to give this regimen a shot.

In the interests of a fair trial, I'm going to let the cycle ramp up all the way, and then start the regimen.  Give it something to chew on.  If it brings the thing to a screeching halt, then you'll have a serious convert.  Nothing has ever stopped one for me before the thing has run its course.

Best,

George

Hi George,

Thanks for posting.  A couple of thoughts:

I understand your wanting to see if the mix can knock out a cycle at its peak, but hang on a sec...  What's actually more valuable to you; something that will wipe out the second half of a cycle, or prevent the cycle altogether?

Fair trial?  Doesn't seem very fair to you to have to have half a cycle that you don't need to!  Shocked

Consider, too, how much emphasis everyone puts on jumping on their abortives quickly - We all know that the effectiveness of O2 or Red Bull is highly dependent upon getting on it fast.  Might not the same hold true for this preventative mix?  Lorne, Josh, and I have all had good success starting on the stuff mid-cycle, but why not give ourselves every advantage we might have?

As an aside, my theory of why the mix works would suggest that the sooner you get on it the better, too.  I've promised to post the theory when I get a chance, and I will - just haven't gotten to it yet.

Anyway, thanks for posting, and whatever you decide, good luck with it, and please let us know how it goes.  My suggestion is that you just DON'T HAVE another cycle, then you won't have to worry about it!  Grin

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Cyndi Leier
CH.com Newbie

I can't bear to witness
another CH attack

CA
Reply #37 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 10:14am

Indeed! Lorne's cycle was at his peak. That's what made me come back to this site, frantically trying to find something, anything, new to try. Within 1/2 hour I found Kilowatt3's post and I couldn't grab my purse and keys fast enough to get out the door to zip to the store. The effects were immediate and all that remained were a few scattered K1-2s for a week or so. Then poof! Those disappeared. If we had started this regimen at the beginning of his cycle we may not have been a full believer either........

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #38 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:00pm

Cyndi Leier wrote on Sep 16th, 2008 at 10:14am:
Indeed! Lorne's cycle was at his peak. That's what made me come back to this site, frantically trying to find something, anything, new to try. Within 1/2 hour I found Kilowatt3's post and I couldn't grab my purse and keys fast enough to get out the door to zip to the store. The effects were immediate and all that remained were a few scattered K1-2s for a week or so. Then poof! Those disappeared. If we had started this regimen at the beginning of his cycle we may not have been a full believer either........

...Well, "full believer" or not, I betcha Lorne would've started back on the stuff once his next cycle started cranking up!  Wink

I really do have a concern, though, based on a sort of "what if" scenario:  What if the mix really should be taken as early as possible, and there's a high probability that it won't work if you wait until too long into a cycle?  Maybe Lorne and I were just really lucky that it worked, even though we really started it way too late?  If that were the case, then if George waits until his cycle is at its peak, it might not work.  George might just blow it off, believing that the regimen is worthless to him, when in reality it could've stopped his cycle cold if he'd just started dosing at the first sign of a cycle!  I'd sure hate to see that happen!

Another observation on my part - The very first time I tried the regimen, I was in mid-cycle, and it took just shy of a week to knock it out.  As you said, Lorne was at peak cycle when he first tried it, and I think you said it took 8 or 9 days (?) to completely break the cycle.  The second time I used the mix was last spring when I started back into cycle, and I started on it the very first time I had a genuine HA (not just a shadow).  That was my first and last HA for the spring!  Granted, this is a very limited set of data, but it sure supports my belief that we oughtta start ASAP once we know a cycle is cranking up!

YMMV, but at least the mix is doing some good for a few folks!

Regards, & stay in touch!
Jim

P.S.  Any word from anyone else, e.g. the folks who had PM'd you about the ingredients?

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Cyndi Leier
CH.com Newbie

I can't bear to witness
another CH attack

CA
Reply #39 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:02pm

Let me rephrase......I think if Lorne had taken it early in his cycle and his headaches were knocked out immediately, he probably would have attributed it to a 'coincidence'. He is a pretty skeptical fellow which I don't think is an unusual characteristic for a male. That's not to say he wouldn't have tried this regimen again for the next cycle. He just wouldn't have been as impressed as he is now. For him to deem something as a 'miracle' is very out of the ordinary. And you better believe he'll never be without these herbs again. He's definitely not going to waste any time starting the regimen for his next cycle. I sure wish he could type better and get on here himself. He is very to-the-point the first time around. Unlike me, with the yappy female characteristics.......... Kiss
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2008 at 12:11am by Cyndi Leier »  

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 2:01am

Certainly, on a personal level it would be valuable to me to have a cycle killed before it really got started--but in the interest of others here who might wish to try this regimen, I'm willing to hold off starting the thing until I'm in high cycle, in order to see whether it can kill the thing when it's full-blown.    

Granted--whatever happens will be only a single individual's experience and anecdotal, but it may be worthwhile.

Actually, I'm very curious to see whether this combination might change the pattern of one of my cycles, and end it abruptly.  My cycles have been remarkably consistent throughout the years, and have never gone away until they've followed the whole miserable 6-8 week pattern.  

Clearly, this regimen has not extended a cycle for anyone who's tried it thusfar, nor has it increased the number of hits within a cycle.  Those are my biggest concerns, and the reason I don't use some of the pharmaceuticals that are prescribed for CH.  I don't want to make them worse.  

As far as waiting until I hit high cycle to start--well--I've gone through many, many cycles with nothing at all, so I know I can do it.  Nothing I haven't done before.  

So--no worries.  There's no downside.  If it doesn't kill a full-blown high cycle, then no big deal, because nothing else has ever done that either.  If I start the regimen, however, and a week later the cycle is dead, then--based on past experiences--I'll be able to assert that (at least to me) there is convincing evidence  that the regimen had something to do with that, especially since I take no other medications for CH, and have not done so for a long time.

Seem reasonable?  'Bout time I stepped up as a guinea pig for an experimental treatment around here anyway.  Wink

Again, it probably won't happen until May, so don't expect results one way or the other for a while...

Best,

George  

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2008 at 2:03am by George »  

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 3:54am

I don't know what the policy about swearing on this site is, but consider this sentence a substitute for a whole string of epithets!  I've been PF for the week and thought, "Ok, time to back off the regimen" and so last night I didn't take the herbal supplement mix.  Whamo... 3:15am I'm awoken by a pretty major headache (kip 7-8)!!   I just took a 4mg Imitrex shot which seems to have knocked the pain part out.

Things are very stressful at work right now, so it probably was a stupid time to back of the mixture.  Because of the headache, I feel like I'm not thinking rationally (I feel like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde sometimes... could CH's be the inspiration for the book), but I wonder when I'll ever be able to not be on the mixture? 

-josh

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #42 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 8:57am

George wrote on Sep 19th, 2008 at 2:01am:
Certainly, on a personal level it would be valuable to me to have a cycle killed before it really got started--but in the interest of others here who might wish to try this regimen, I'm willing to hold off starting the thing until I'm in high cycle, in order to see whether it can kill the thing when it's full-blown.    

Seem reasonable?  'Bout time I stepped up as a guinea pig for an experimental treatment around here anyway.  Wink

OK George, but I still have one question:  If, in fact (and granted, it's a big 'if') the regimen can completely prevent a cycle, then why would you care if it can 'kill the thing when it's full blown'?  Just don't ever let the !%$ thing get full-blown!  Shocked  You avoid a lot of pain that way!

Sure, knocking down a cycle at its peak might be a more dramatic demonstration, but is it really the preferred treatment???  I guess the one advantage is that it'll make a believer out of someone pretty fast!  Wink

Anyway, glad you're planning to give it a try.  Bet you just can't wait for your next cycle so you can try it!

Regards, & stay in touch,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #43 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 9:07am

hayduke wrote on Sep 19th, 2008 at 3:54am:
I've been PF for the week and thought, "Ok, time to back off the regimen" and so last night I didn't take the herbal supplement mix.  Whamo... 3:15am I'm awoken by a pretty major headache (kip 7-8)!!

Things are very stressful at work right now, so it probably was a stupid time to back of the mixture.  Because of the headache, I feel like I'm not thinking rationally (I feel like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde sometimes... could CH's be the inspiration for the book), but I wonder when I'll ever be able to not be on the mixture?  

-josh

Josh,

Sorry to hear you got hit!  Looks like you've established two things, though:
1) The mix was keeping you PF.
2) A week is not long enough for you to stay on it after your last hit!

I wouldn't sweat it too much, though - At worst, maybe you'll have to keep taking it until your cycle normally would have ended.  There's nothing in there that's gonna hurt you to take for a few weeks, or a few months, for that matter!  Get back on it, give it another week (or two) and let us know how it works out.

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Cyndi Leier
CH.com Newbie

I can't bear to witness
another CH attack

CA
Reply #44 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 12:18am

I wonder when I'll ever be able to not be on the mixture?  

-josh [/quote]

I think Lorne was on it for 2 weeks. 1 week without the proper kudzu dose (we had to mail order for the kudzu root) and then another week with the correct dose. We are not in agreement about the # of days for the regimen. However, he should know I'm right because I'm the one who set out his pills twice a day. I wish we kept an exact record.

IP Logged

lerxd12
CH.com Newbie

ch.com

Mass.
Reply #45 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 11:32am

Don't bother with accupuncture I tried it 6x over two weeks NOTHING.

Dick

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #46 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 12:52pm

Cyndi Leier wrote on Sep 20th, 2008 at 12:18am:
I think Lorne was on it for 2 weeks. 1 week without the proper kudzu dose (we had to mail order for the kudzu root) and then another week with the correct dose. We are not in agreement about the # of days for the regimen. However, he should know I'm right because I'm the one who set out his pills twice a day. I wish we kept an exact record.

Hi Cyndi,

From our correspondance, it looks like Lorne started the mix on August 2, and immediately had a PF night's sleep.  On August 6, you reported that he was down to a single K1-2 per day.

On the 18th, you said he'd been PF for a few days and had tried stopping the regimen, but that he got hit again, so was starting it back up.  On the 26th, you wrote that he was off of everything and still PF.  I think you mentioned he'd been PF for about 5 days.

So, about 3 weeks start to finish.  Not bad!

Hoping a lot of others find relief with this real soon.  I haven't heard anything back from Josh or TJ in a couple of days.

Stay in touch!
Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Cyndi Leier
CH.com Newbie

I can't bear to witness
another CH attack

CA
Reply #47 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 2:52pm

Hell, you should be my secretary! I got out my little day planner and between the few scribbled notes I jotted down, and my posts and PMs to you, I have come to the conclusion that you AND Lorne are right.

The 1st week we had to substitute the kudzu root with kudzu flower due to availability probs. Lorne had PF nites and a few AM K1 - K2s.

The next week the real kudzu arrived via mail order which rendered him PF for a week so he stopped the regimen. That next day he had a K3 and started up again for another PF 5 days.

So almost 3 weeks total, but only 12 days with the exact recipe. So that means during the 12 days of your exact ingredients he was PF with the exception of the K3 when he tested the waters too soon.

I am now going to copy and paste this into a doc to save for future reference. Although, I don't know why I should bother.......I'll just ask you in a year!  LMAO!
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2008 at 2:52pm by Cyndi Leier »  

IP Logged

hayduke
CH.com Junior

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #48 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 5:10am

So sorry not to have posted for a few days!  I've been completely PF since going back on the herbal supplement mix.    That's the great news.

My only "issue" is that no matter when I take the melatonin/skullcap hit at night (I've done it as early as 9pm), I have trouble waking up the next morning.  I have to help get my 1st grader off to school in the morning by 8am and she's taking to calling me droopy because I can barely keep my eyes open.  My situation now is SO MUCH BETTER than having headaches, but I'm wondering if I should consider an adjustment to the melatonin or something else.   Any ideas?

Once again, I am so thrilled to be PF and will continue on the regimen through next Monday, given some of the problems I had experienced with trying to stop too early.   I'll be on an airplane traveling for business next week, and to think I can do that without the pain is so amazing!

-josh

IP Logged

Kilowatt3
CH.com Old Timer

1952 Jag

Reply #49 - Sep 30th, 2008 at 11:04am

hayduke wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 at 5:10am:
So sorry not to have posted for a few days!  I've been completely PF since going back on the herbal supplement mix.  That's the great news.

My only "issue" is that no matter when I take the melatonin/skullcap hit at night (I've done it as early as 9pm), I have trouble waking up the next morning... My situation now is SO MUCH BETTER than having headaches, but I'm wondering if I should consider an adjustment to the melatonin or something else.   Any ideas?...

-josh

Well Josh,
From your post on the other board, it sounds like a moot point for this cycle  Cheesy

What dosage of melatonin did you end up with? 5 mg?  Maybe next time you'll want to try a little less still - maybe 3 mg or even 1 mg(?).  I'm not convinced that the big 10 mg dose is essential to the mix - I just included that amount because several people had reported good results with dosages in that range.  As I've mentioned in a couple of other posts, in some respects at least, melatonin seems to work better in lower rather than higher doses.  One study found that a 0.3 mg dose worked BETTER than a 10-times-larger 3 mg dose for helping with sleep.

Anyway, congrats on your success, and pass it on!  Please stay in touch.

Regards,
Jim

Regards,
Jim
SW Louisiana

WWW kilowatt3  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!