Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Powerless to help.. (Read 15945 times)
flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Re: Powerless to help..
Reply #25 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 5:01pm

Hi hun.  Isn't it weird just by chatting like this we feel that way.  I feel like I've known you forever too.

Don't feel guilty or beat yourself up for crying with him or even in front of him.  It will happen again, sometimes you just can't help it.  I've been there too many times to count.  Sometimes after Phil and I have cried together, I feel the closest to him.  It sounds weird doesn't it?

I so agree with you about communicating how he feels.  There are many things that I didn't know that Phil was feeling until he started posting here.  Jeff can let it all out here and get some much needed support from other sufferers.  The stories aren't always pretty, but he will know that he's not alone. 

There's not much going on over here.  I just got up about an hour ago (I worked last night).  We don't have any plans.  We're just chilln' right now.  We might go out and grab some dinner, but that's about it.

Hugs,

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #26 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 5:22pm

IT'S THE CLUSTERHEAD MUTUAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY! I LOVE IT!@

I really think you should get in the car adrive somewhere to meet......I have NO clue what your proximity is to each other, but, I think you need to meet!
Kristen & Jen, you two are doing SOOO well.....you are worth your weight in GOLD! I know your men know this, and they're gonna keep on trying to fight!
At the very least, find time to talk to each other. It ALWAYS  helps to know you're not alone.
Great Big hugs to BOTH of you,
and PF wishes for your men!
Cathi Kiss

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 5:35pm

You are so awesome Cathi, I don't care what Chuck says.  I just love ya.  Kristen figured out that we are only about 3 hours away from each other.  We are going to get together for sure.  We've also been pming each other.  It really does help to know that we're not fighting the battle alone and that others are out there fighting the battle right along side of us.

Hugs,

Jen      

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #28 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 5:50pm

Jen & Kristen...

You gals are doing good!!!!!  So proud of you both.

Good job on the doctor appointment, Kristen.

Blake & I are only an hour south of Kalamazoo.  Jen & I have talked about getting together too.  Maybe we can all hook up before the snow flies.

Love to you both,
Jackie

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #29 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:01pm

Quote:
You are so awesome Cathi, I don't care what Chuck says.

It is all in fun, I assure you.  Both Cathi and Chuck think the world of each other.  

I am so proud of both of you ladies.  Meeting up with another clusterhead for a sufferer...is an awesome experience.  Most of us have made life-long friendships here.  I assume it will be that way for supporters as well.  If you get the chance to meet each other...DO IT!!!!!!!!

Quote:
It will be the last time I do that.
   Why?   Crying is cathartic. 

Linda
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:03pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #30 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:03pm

Hi Jackie.  You rock.  We better get some plans and do it quick.  That nasty white shit will be here before we know it.

The only thing I have going is that I have a wedding next Friday night.  Other than that our weekends are always open.

Hugs,

Jen

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:15pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:01pm:
Quote:
You are so awesome Cathi, I don't care what Chuck says.

LOL! NOOOO!  Chuck is the devil incarnate! He's mean, nassty, smells bad, he picks on me, and.........and.I know there's more! Oh, yeah, he looks better than I do in a pink thong and heels! Tongue

Ptooie! I spit on his walker! Kiss

But, Linda is nice, she is the peacekeeper, and such a caring lady!

It is all in fun, I assure you.  Both Cathi and Chuck think the world of each other.  

Do NOT!  Ptooie, again! Kiss
Linda

Cathi Grin Cheesy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #32 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:24pm

Roll Eyes

Cathi, I HAVE to be nice to him for about 11 more months.  I only slipped once since July and had to start all over.

But what you said above????   ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #33 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:30pm

I know it's all in good fun and I'm lovin' it.  I am just sitting here laughing my ass off and Phil is looking at me like I'm a total idiot.

I've never met Chuck, but the thought of him looking better than you in a pink thong and heels, just made me throw up in my mouth a bit.  LOL!!!!!!

Thanks Linda for your kind words.  I don't know what I did before I logged on to this site.  I've never met anybody in person yet, but I feel like I've made some great friends already.

Love ya all,

Jen

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #34 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:37pm

here ya go Jen.   Just a FYI....A lady named Jayne and I both play pool.  In order to raise $$$$$ for OUCH we had a grudge match at the Nashville conv.  Right in the middle of it Chuck shows up.  The rest is history and will be forever in ALL of our minds.  

Page #9

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 6:42pm

OMG.   Grin  That is hilarious.

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 7:03pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
            iactuallylookedagain.....................

EUUUUUUWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Cathi Cheesy

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 7:18pm

Too much laughing for you for one day, Jen... but remind me a bit later to post Chucks ah...um...er....not so great-of-an-idea to abort a CH.

LMAO!

By the way....please show this thread to your husband.  Laughter is good.  Wink

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #38 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 8:15pm

Cathi, I looked more than once too.  WTF is wrong with me.  Grin

I showed to Phil when he was trying to abort.  Probably not the best time to so him.  When he's feeling better I'll tell hime to look at them then.

I gonna hold you to that Linda, if it's anything like those other pictures I'm sure it's gotta be good.

Hugs and Lots of Laughs,

Jen

IP Logged

Kristen C.
CH.com Newbie

Michigan
Reply #39 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 9:24pm

OMG! I'm dying over here reading these posts!  I LOVE the one about Chuck and the thong!!!

Hubby has been reading as well and is slowly coming around. YAA!  He is very grateful to all of you that have held me up for the past couple of days.  It has meant more to me than I could ever express.

I would love to get together - we should try to set something up before the white shit arrives  Smiley

Thanks for the laughs ladies - ur the greatest!

laughs and hugs,
Kristen

It's never too late to have a happy childhood..

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #40 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 9:45pm

Wink

I'll give ya a day or two to compose yourselves before I post what I told you about.

Hang tough ladies.  Both of you.   You'll make it,  and so will your men.  I've been chronic for more than 21 years.  I'm alive and I still have my sense of humor.   Grin

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #41 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 9:55pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 7:18pm:
remind me a bit later to post Chucks ah...um...er....not so great-of-an-idea to abort a CH.

HEY!!!

Linda, are you PICKING on me ?? ?? ??  AGAIN ?? ?? ??

You PROMISED to be nice to me for ONE FULL YEAR!!  I should have know that a mere female, blond and left coaster at that, couldn't keep it up for one year!

HARRUMPH!!

Chuck, with the hurt feelers ...

(But, you will have to admit, my method DID work to abort a hit!  Not that I have tried it again.  Not sure my winky could take another attempt.)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #42 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 10:38pm

Oh Chuck, I'm just gettin' to know ya and I think I love ya already.  I'm sorry if we're hurtin' your feelers.

Big Hugs  Smiley

Jen

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #43 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 10:43pm

Oh...not at all Chuck.  I am being the most kindest I can be at this moment.   YOU posted your um...abortive methods and I thought these 2 ...as well as their husbands, could use a laugh right about now since they're going through that " awful stage of why me...I'm so depressed, there's no hope"...you know, the place we've ALL been?

I know you'd be the 1st. person to laugh at yourself, as I am,  about MY silly & stupid things I've done,  or thought.

Chuck I have the upmost respect and admiration for you.  You are a man among men.  A pillar of your community.  A work-a-holic, a caring and wonderful father to at least 2 of your kids that I've met, A man who understood and listened to me on more than one occasion about a subject other than CH.

Nope, you will not at all hear anything bad from me until at least August of 2009.   Maybe not even then.   Kiss Kiss Kiss

But maybe tomorrow  will post your Mr. Winky story.  In hopes that these 2 new husbands can see the humor in CH...and learn to live with it.   With all of our help around here, I see it as a win-win situation.

Luinda  Wink

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #44 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 10:52pm

haha..Neener, neener, neener! Linda has to be NIICE, and III donnn't!!

Chuck you are my favorite putz, does that help? That's as nice as I can get! Tongue

(That's only coz Linda told me to be nice!)

Cathi, the terror! Tongue

IP Logged

Kristen C.
CH.com Newbie

Michigan
Reply #45 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 1:23am

I HAVE to hear the "winky" story!  I have been looking but can't find it.

As you can see it's late and hubby is in dealing with the devil.  I hear them wrestling and it sounds like the he losing  Smiley

ugghh...

XO

kristen

It's never too late to have a happy childhood..

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #46 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 11:02am

Oh Kristen.  I was still awake at that time last night.  Too bad I wasn't online.  Hopefully hubby and you got some sleep last night.

I think Linda is going to tell us the story of Mr. Winky today or tomorrow.  I can't wait.  It sounds like it's going to be a good one.

Hugs,

Jen

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #47 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 1:24pm

Here ya go, ladies.  Enjoy!

Quote:
Why my WINKY ?? ?? - Updated
« on: Jun 23rd, 2005, 1:08pm »  Quote  Modify 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know this is a caring and compassionate group, and we can relate things without any snide, or uncalled for remarks.  RIGHT ?? ??  I know Drummer posted of his, somewhat similar, unfortunate experience, a long time ago.  He spoke of needing a safety kit, to protect himself.  He may be right.

As you all know, I get hit fairly often.  Many times, if I am downstairs in the living room, and there are visitors here, when I get hit, I grab my oxygen mask and then run into the half bath with it, so I can be in privacy.  Many times I sit on the throne and bounce and rock around.  In doing this, I cracked and broke the toilet seat, in the front, so that there is a split, and with pressure, it opens up.  I have been meaning to replace that seat.  I AM GOING TO DO THAT TODAY !! !! !!

WELL, let me relate what happened today.  A co-worker stopped by to see how I am doing, as I have missed so much work, of late.  I just had on a pair of gym shorts, as I had not gotten dressed yet.  Naturally, the beast made a call.  I turned on the oxygen, grabbed my mask and made a bee line for the bathroom.  While in there, I felt I had another bodily function to do, so I dropped my drawers and sat down.  I did what I had to do, but continued to sit there, rocking, while dealing with the beast.

While rocking, I slid forward on the seat, the gap opened up, and YUP, my dangling “best part” got into that gap, and when I rocked, it pinched it, HARD !! !! !!  Well, I jumped up, screaming, and when I lifted my weight off the seat, the gap closed completely, with a VERY important part of me still in it!  When I jumped up, and the gap closed, the seat proceeded to rip a hunk of skin on my poor ole winky.  I started to jump around holding my injured part, and proceeded to trip on my shorts, that were at my ankles. That caused me to fall into the door, causing it to fly open, smashing my nose, and falling out into the kitchen.

So there I am, rolling, naked, on the floor, screaming, with one hand on my groin, covered in blood, the other hand on my nose, also covered in blood, with my co-worker staring in absolute horror at me, trying VERY hard not to laugh, not knowing what to do, as he has been warned, DO NOT GO NEAR ME, OR TOUCH ME when I am getting hit !! !! !!

I think my winky is out of commission for a while ... Like it makes a difference ...

The good thing is, during this process, the beast left.  The problem is, do I think I could repeat this procedure several times a day, to kill a hit?  Hmm mm mm ... I am not sure I want to try it again.

Where is that safety kit?

Chuck

PS:  I KNOW not one of you are going to laugh at me, ARE YOU !! ?? !! ??

EDITED to give credit to Drummer, not Hub.  Thanks. Linda!

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #48 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 6:05pm

Yup, Linda actually went there, and posted that.

Linda, do you remember the very first words I spoke to you, the first time we met in person?

To refresh your memory, it was something like this:  "Who the fuck are YOU?"

Well, to use those words, again, "Who the fuck are you" to post such a personal and private experience (that was told in the strictest of confidence, to a select few), as that one is, without posting Drummer's experience?

Oh the shame of it all!!! Smiley  I will never be able to show my face again !!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #49 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 7:49pm

OMG Chuck.  That had to be sooooo painful.  That is awful.  I hope that your winky is ok now.  I don't think that Phil will try that anytime soon to abort a hit.  I still love ya.  Hopefully you do show your face, I can't wait to meet you some day.

Hugs,

Jen

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!