Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Powerless to help.. (Read 15947 times)
Kristen C.
CH.com Newbie

Michigan
Re: Powerless to help..
Reply #50 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 9:58pm

What a holy $#%^%$# nightmare!  Sorry to hear about Mr. Winky; you gave Jeff and I a hearty laugh - not at your expense, but at the sheer craziness that ensued in a matter of minutes at the most inopportune time  Smiley

I also wanted to share with everyone that we got an O2 tank today!!!! WOO HOO!!!!  Smiley

Hope all is well with everyone!

hugs!

Kristen

It's never too late to have a happy childhood..

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #51 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 10:04pm

That's awesome that you got the O2.  Hopefully that will give Jeff some relief.  Let us know how it works out.

Big Hugs  Smiley

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Jeff C.
CH.com Newbie

Reply #52 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 10:18pm

I want to introduce myself to everyone.  I am Jeff, Kristen's better half!

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for all of the great messages.

Jeff

It's easy to forget the things that are important.....so don't.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #53 - Oct 4th, 2008 at 10:27pm

Hi Jeff  Smiley.  Welcome to the family.  I have enjoyed chatting with your better half.  You have one heck of a supporter there. 

My husband Phil (CH-HELL) has had clusters for 15 years.  The last 3 years he has been chronic.  He felt like he was alone.  Then we found this website.  This site has been wonderful for both of us.  I'm sure it will be the same for you and Kristen.

There is so much knowledge here.  Read all the tabs to the left and check out the OUCH website.  If you have any questions just ask.  Everyone here is willing to help.

Big Hugs  Smiley and hopefully you get some PF time soon.

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #54 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 11:00am

Chuck?  You're kidding right?  You posted that on the gneral board and anyone could see that.  Here is Drummers:

OK, since I have gotten to know you people over the course of the past several months, I think I can now open up and bare my soul to you; so to speak. I trust you guys. Anyone who doesn’t suffer from cluster headaches or supports someone who has clusters; please close this window right away.

Okee Dokee. Now that we are alone, I shall bare my soul. I’ll start at the end of my story, then jump to the beginning and then work my way to the end again. I am trusting that none of you will laugh, make fun or talk about me behind my back. I trust that you will keep this, “our little secret”.

My wife has just purchased me a cluster headache “safety kit”. (This is the end of the story). The kit contains, one pair of safety eye goggles, a jock strap with cup and a small flashlight.

Now. The beginning of my story. Like some of you, I have been getting my cluster attacks at 3:00am. This is a bad time for me because usually I am sound asleep. My mental sharpness is somewhat dull at this time in the morning.

My normal procedure for dealing with a cluster headache is to simply swallow two Ercaf pills, then turn my Oxygen tank to the “on” position. I then take the Oxygen mask, which I keep hanging on the tank for easy accessibility, and place it on my face and breathe, rock my body and quietly moan while sitting on the sofa in our living room. The Oxygen mask is fitted with a convenient elastic band to hold the mask in place on my face. This leaves my hands and arms free to flail about and hit my head and bang on the coffee table. I have performed this simple routine approximately, 8,286 times in the past 15 years.

Well, the other day at 3:00am, this simple routine took a turn for the worse. I was rudely awakened by the Demon in my head. This caused me to jump from the bed, naked, and run down the stairs to my Ercaf and Oxygen. Swallowing the Ercaf did not pose a problem. It was my fight with the Oxygen tank and mask that was quite unsettling. You see, I had no problem turning the Oxygen on. But, I had some difficulty grabbing the mask from the tank.

It seems that the elastic band on the mask got stuck on the handle of the Oxygen tank. I don’t know what it’s like at 3:00am where you live, but where I live it’s really, really dark. I couldn’t see and I really didn’t have time to fully assess the situation with my stuck Oxygen mask. I couldn’t figure out why the mask didn’t want to be placed on my face. So, I just pulled as hard as I could. I now realize that this was a mistake. The elastic band, rather quickly, came unstuck from the Oxygen tank. The elastic band rebounded off the tank and snapped “Mr. Winky”. This is the name I have given to my “you-know-what”.

I’ve found that whenever “Mr. Winky” is injured it causes me to double over fairly fast. Doubling over on this particular day caused me to poke my eye on the Oxygen tank’s handle. The pulling of the mask also made the little plastic tube that joins the tank with the mask break free from the mask. The mask had now become useless. Being rather resourceful, I immediately shoved the tube into my left nostril and found my favorite place to sit on our sofa. My hands that are normally free to flail about were now used to hold “Mr. Winky” and my right eye.

I guess I made quite a commotion. My wife, who knows not to visit me during a cluster headache, now, paid me a visit. Seeing me naked on the sofa with an Oxygen tube in my nose and holding “Mr. Winky” with one hand and my eye with the other, caused her to ask me, “What are you doing”? Still suffering the cluster headache, I had just enough energy to lift my head and politely grunt. The next day my wife purchased me the Cluster Headache Safety Kit. I think I now deserve to be a member of O.U.C.H.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #55 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 1:04pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 at 11:00am:
You're kidding right?  You posted that on the general board and anyone could see that.

Linda, of COURSE I am kidding!  
(SHEESH!!  Damn left coast blond wimminz!)

I am the first to laugh at the dumb, stupid stuff that I do!  I laugh first, cuz I know you demented sickos just sit and wait for the opportunity to point and laugh at me!  That way, I get the first laugh!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #56 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 1:09pm

Jeff C. wrote on Oct 4th, 2008 at 10:18pm:
I am Jeff, Kristen's better half!

Hi Jeff!  Welcome to the insane asylum family!!!

You SAY that you are Kristen's better half ... PROVE it!  Who has the cuter buns?  Hmmmm???

When I meet the two of you in person, I will have to squeeze each of ya, and figure out.  After all, I am the OFFICIAL ass groper to this site!  
(Don't let that old, past her prime, broad, BarbaraD tell you any different)

Chuck, the groper

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #57 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 1:33pm

Oh great Chuck.  Way to make sure Jeff will NEVER...EVER attend a get-together. 

Jeff....we'll protect ya!

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #58 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 1:37pm

I was thinking the same thing Linda.  I bet Jeff's not scared.  Although he might punch Chuck's lights out if he grabs his ass.Smiley

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #59 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 1:46pm

In that case, I'll have to protect Chuck.  Cause I love him dearly and don't want to see him hurt. 

My work is never done around here.  Sigh...

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #60 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 2:37pm

Linda, SOOO much temptation!!!  It makes me wanna..oh, I dunno.......do something really crazy... like, be nice to Chuck myself?? NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff, it's kinda great to welcome you.......wish you didn't have CH, but you have certainly landed in the best place for help in dealing! The people here are strong and supportive and caring...and funny as all getout, too!
LOL..to 'splain my relationship with Chuck.well... he's the BIG(as in older.......... muuuuuuuuuuch older) brother I never had. It's my pleasure to poke fun at him, but if anyone ever hurt him, I'd be upside their backside in an instant! He and Linda are a deep well of experience and information on coping with this affliction, but that is secondary to their generosity of time, love, and soo much more!

I've prolly said enough, and Chuck will be back to reinforce that.

I wish you ALL PF.....and, since I was there when Chuck was helped with his 02, I'd like to be available to help you as well. Chuck was resistant to 02, till my other dear friend-Norwegian bro Svenn, helped him.

Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

CH-HELL
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 3:07pm

Welcome Jeff hang in there try every thing and dont quit trying you will find something that works.
  I must say you and  Kristen must be the coolest Cool newbies here I dont think I have had 60 replies on all my posts combined.
     Phil

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #62 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 3:15pm

I was just kidding.  I don't know Jeff so I don't know if he would hit him.  Sorry Jeff, I didn't mean to throw you under the bus!!!!!!

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #63 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 3:25pm

Phil, When I reply to something, I could very well veer offcourse..I tend to hijack threads at times- my bad-, but, in this case, this thread has been all over the place! It's most certainly not all about Jeff and Kristin.... in fact, somehow, since you both came online at pretty much the same time, right now, you are interchangable in my eyes! Your sitches are quite similar, your wives have been soo open and nice, you and Jeff finally came online.........so, when I post to ONE of your threads, I am actually posting to BOTH couples!
All 4 of you have been simply awesome-ESPECIALLY under the circumstances!!
You're all part of this great, wild, wacky family, and you'd best stick around!

SOO....to Jen/Phil-Flipperlips/CH_HELL, Kristen/Jeff, Kristin/JeffC....welcome, pull up a chair and settle in....you're all welcome and a pleasant addition!

Cathi Cheesy Cheesy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Reply #64 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 4:29pm

Cathi_Pierce wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 at 3:25pm:
SOO....to Jen/Phil-Flipperlips/CH_HELL, Kristen/Jeff, Kristin/JeffC....welcome, pull up a chair and settle in....you're all welcome and a pleasant addition!

Now, if we could just get rid of that Cathi broad ...

ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #65 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 4:39pm

There's no way in hell I would get rid of Cathi.  Sorry Chuck.  She is one of my angels.  I need to keep her around.  Smiley

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #66 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 5:50pm

Lippiegirlie- Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Chuckles-BITE ME! Angry Angry Angry

Love,
cathi Cheesy

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #67 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 9:33pm

Right back at ya, babe, with some hugs thrown in for good measure. Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #68 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 11:22pm

Welcome aboard, Jeff.  Buckle up and hang on...sometimes it's a wild ride.   Wink 

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 1:38pm

Welcome Jeff,
You dont want to see Chuck in a thong. Believe me. Sorry Chuck! What a world.
Ride on, ride safe
thebb

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #70 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 4:08pm

Hi Jeff.....welcome.

I'm wondering if you've tried the 02 yet. 

Sorry if I missed the answer in an earlier post.

Again.....welcome to Clusterville.  Sorry you have to be here but being a cluster head it's the best place for help and support.

Jackie

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #71 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 12:43pm

Kristen C. wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 at 9:17am:
 It's like that movie "what dreams may come".. If Robin Williams stayed too long in his wife's hell, it would overtake him and he would be lost there forever.

Wow - I haven't thought about that movie for years - and how appropriate it is to the beast.

Hi Kristen!  I'm late coming into this thread and I apologize.  I'm married for 26 years and the beast has been around for 17+ of those years.  We are in a pain free time right now and I'm feeling mighty blessed.

I know it's hard for hubby to realize, but there will be times like this for him, too!  Hell, I know clusterheads who are still waiting for the next hit and it's been YEARS!!!!  The difference is that while they wait, they LIVE.  That's the secret.  It sounds easy, but it's not.

We've taken the O2 out of the living room, the energy drinks are in the BACK of the fridge, and my hubby takes only a handful of pills (rather than two fists-full) daily.  

Will the beast return?  Probably.

What to do in the meantime?  Live, laugh, love, entertain, and enjoy life.  It's the only way to beat the beast.  If the fear paralyzes your hubby, the beast wins.  There are plenty of times that the beast brings pain and fear and loathing and withdrawal.  The pain free times are the joyous times to be shared and enjoyed.

We're here beside you all the way.  Why?  Because we KNOW.  We just do.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #72 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 1:01pm

George wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 at 11:22pm:
Welcome aboard, Jeff.  Buckle up and hang on...sometimes it's a wild ride.   Wink  

Oh honey - you said a mouthful!!

Despite being slightly twisted and undeniably strange, the clusterheads I've met and grown to love are the best people on the planet.  They are geographically diverse, but united against the beast.  

I remember my first convention and watching someone other than my hubby get hit.  It was devastating.  My hubby getting hit was "normal" for us, but then I'm surrounded by people in various stages of a hit  . . . . and it was all so "normal.  No one made a scene or called an ambulance or fell apart.  They just helped.  Helped the clusterhead ride it out and then back to the fun.

While I will never thank a deity for the beast, I thank my deity everyday for the folks I've met because of the beast.  I even give thanks for Chuck and his kilt!

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 2:05pm

Quote:
I remember my first convention and watching someone other than my hubby get hit.  It was devastating.  My hubby getting hit was "normal" for us, but then I'm surrounded by people in various stages of a hit  . . . . and it was all so "normal.  No one made a scene or called an ambulance or fell apart.  They just helped.  Helped the clusterhead ride it out and then back to the fun.

You cant buy that anywhere.
good post
thebb

IP Logged

Kristen C.
CH.com Newbie

Michigan
Reply #74 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 2:37pm

HI everyone - sorry for not keeping up on our messages  Smiley

It has been a really bad couple of days, actually more like a week.  Hubby has been semi PF, but it has pretty much overtaken him.  I am trying to get into his spirit and remind him of life and how great things used to be. 

He only posted to appease me (I think).  I have tried to print out and read him your postings, but he is pretty much unreachable.  Please know that I appreciate all of them and hopefully Jeff will too very soon.

We do have the O2 tank, but it's not the hits that are causing the problems, it's the fact that he has this to deal with.  He keeps saying he was so healthy before and never had to take medication for anything and now this has debilitated him.  I keep telling him it is only debilitating if you let it be.

The side effects of the medication are a little more than he can handle.  They are so ravaging on the mind and body that he doesn't feel like himself and is usually "looped" out.

It is hard to be greatful for anything at this point because of these CH, but I am grateful to you ANGELS  Smiley who have listened and supported me and made life a little easier when I didn't think it could be..

Love to you all,

Kristen

It's never too late to have a happy childhood..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!