Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
To all the peolpe that commented on Andy H (Read 7245 times)
fly gas
CH.com Junior

No Good Deed Shall Go
Unpunishedd

Re: To all the peolpe that commented on Andy H
Reply #25 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:36pm

What others have said, don't take it personally.

Even if some of these things just work for one in a hundred, hell, have 100 of us post them and maybe we could get somewhere. What works for one, doesn't for another,  as long as people can post what works for them, we're going to get somewhere. I don't think some people really are warm to that concept.

I am having a similar experience. After many years with no help, I had a good experience with Applied Kinesiology. Fringe medicine for sure, but I wanted to throw it out, see if anyone had similar, or diferent experiences.

Crikers, you'd think I was the antiChrist. I was scum for even mentioning it and giving people hope. People were absolutely phobic, quoting 20 year old surveys, frothing and insulting, real pia's. Funny, I'm reading their stupid surveys, but dumb me, all I know it it worked with me, and I dared ask if it worked for anyone else.

It is sad, some of the same people I see on your threads. I guess we are all passionate in our arguments regarding CH. Some I think are so passionate, they don't stop for a second, and see how rude, insulting and mean spirited their posts actually are. I wonder how many people who should be on this site, were turned off by this cyber bullying.

For me, hot showers, oxygen and AK are working, couple of Triptans also. But seriously, damned if I won't chug a can  of Pepsi next headache, it would be a charm when one gets caught out and about without an O2 tank.

Many thanks for the new idea.

Chris

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #26 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:54pm

fly gas wrote on Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:36pm:

Even if some of these things just work for one in a hundred, hell, have 100 of us post them and maybe we could get somewhere. What works for one, doesn't for another,  as long as people can post what works for them, we're going to get somewhere. I don't think some people really are warm to that concept.

I am having a similar experience. After many years with no help, I had a good experience with Applied Kinesiology. Fringe medicine for sure, but I wanted to throw it out, see if anyone had similar, or diferent experiences.

Crikers, you'd think I was the antiChrist. I was scum for even mentioning it and giving people hope. People were absolutely phobic, quoting 20 year old surveys, frothing and insulting, real pia's. Funny, I'm reading their stupid surveys, but dumb me, all I know it it worked with me, and I dared ask if it worked for anyone else.

It is sad, some of the same people I see on your threads. I guess we are all passionate in our arguments regarding CH. Some I think are so passionate, they don't stop for a second, and see how rude, insulting and mean spirited their posts actually are. I wonder how many people who should be on this site, were turned off by this cyber bullying.

For me, hot showers, oxygen and AK are working, couple of Triptans also. But seriously, damned if I won't chug a can  of Pepsi next headache, it would be a charm when one gets caught out and about without an O2 tank.

Many thanks for the new idea.

Chris

Just when I think maybe you aren't you go ahead and do it again. Sheesh. What's the point of a.) bringing this older thread back to the forefront, b.) poking at the issue of how you were "treated" upon arrival, and c.) claiming you were treated like the anti-christ.

You've been welcomed, explained, argued with (very appropriately), and been reached out to. Do you need a hug? Do they roll out a red carpet for you everywhere else?

Scott

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #27 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:06pm

seasonalboomer wrote on Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:54pm:
You've been welcomed, explained, argued with (very appropriately), and been reached out to.

We are capable of what Scott mentions above, despite your fine contribution to all the things you mentioned.

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:39pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #28 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:34pm

and then make Andy's thread all about you.

I am

I had

but I wanted to

you'd think I was

I was

I'm reading

All I know

I dared

I see

I guess

I think

I wonder

damned if I won't

Chris

« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:35pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

fly gas
CH.com Junior

No Good Deed Shall Go
Unpunishedd

Reply #29 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:34pm

No hugs, I'm not like that, and I don't know you that well,
but how about if I get to post,
without people throwing daggers?

As someone suggested I should do, I've been reading old threads, now back about 4 months, some real, real interesting stuff in some.

It seems to me over this period, that there are 4 or 5 very heavy posters, who seem to stomp on people with amazing regularity. I mean NOTHING is of merit unless they say so, don't bother them with personal experience, they know it ALL, and they have no compunctions letting you know how superior they are to ordinary mortals.

As with these two Andy threads, there are veiled insults, misquotes, irritating airs of superiority, just the sort of things a new poster doesn't want or need.

No, I don't think this line of attack is a positive thing for this, or any other site. If people don't understand what they are doing, maybe they should be reminded.

It seems that half the people who were taken to task, looked back, took a deep breath, and were sorry for what they inadvertently did to her. Bravo! The other half, well, I don't know. The posts speak for themselves.

I brought this thread to the forefront, because I felt bad about Andy's experience. My parents taught me is is not nice to bully ladies, or anyone for that matter. I also thought the Pepsi idea was awesome. No I don't expect it to work for everyone, or me for that matter, but darn if I'm not going to try it.

A few have said newbie posters are lesser beings, because they get mad and stop posting. Others say newbies are bad when they stick out things and keep posting.

Some people say both, so I guess I'm sort of screwed whatever I do.

Guess I'll just stick around and post when I have something I think is worth posting.

Sorry, I'd love to chat, but I've got a whupper coming on.

Ciao,

Chris

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #30 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 7:29pm

Okay, so you think that this would be a better place if no one ever questions any person who posts any treatment, in the spirit of openness and "sharing"?

Anyone want to list the dangerous things we have seen here? Anyone want to list the trolls and snake-oil salesmen that stay long enough to stir up a bunch of sh&t and then storm off after no one takes the Acai berry sales pitch? Or magnets? Or colon cleansing?

The process goes like this. Post something that you are presenting as a treatment (or possible treatment) and people will ask questions. If you don't seem comfortable with defending your treatment be prepared to have it dismissed in favor of higher percentage options.

Here's the MAIN point. There are a LOT of successful treatments for CH that did not exist 20 years ago. There are abortive treatments that work for surprisingly large percentages of sufferers. There are preventative approaches, both conventional meds and alternatives that are working for much higher percentages of sufferers. There are still those looking for answers that aren't addressed by these options.

This site has been a great benefit to many, many people before you or I got here. It doesn't need either of us as heroes for anyone else. But, in lieu of "peer reviewed studies" any posting about treatments ought to be able to stand up to a few people poking at it a little.

Scott

IP Logged

fly gas
CH.com Junior

No Good Deed Shall Go
Unpunishedd

Reply #31 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 8:24pm

Boomer,
Good post.
Poke away, anyone who can't defend their ideas should vanish, me included.

Big difference between honest discussion and telling someone they shouldn't be able to sleep at night because of what they posted, or the sort of **** that greeted Andy. The welcome board to this site says something about compassion, its a pretty good welcoming message.

Chris

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 9:58pm

Chris, how’s that O2 working for ya? Get you one of them high flow regulators that go to 25 LPM, you’ll save on the water bill for sure.

Have you tried one of those rice filled hot packs for you head, they work great… Three minuets in the microwave and your set… Rolo.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #33 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 6:31am

I was wondering who you were talking to in your first post in this thread.  You start with a sentence to someone not here but then go on and on and on about yourself.  Like the long moaning wallow of self-pity continuing in the Days of Our Lives from the moonlit wilderness of the Adirondacks.

IP Logged

fly gas
CH.com Junior

No Good Deed Shall Go
Unpunishedd

Reply #34 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 8:38am

Boomer, Oxygen is working about half the time, when it is going to work, it stops the progress of the headache, and maybe ten minutes HA vanishes. I just have a tube off the regulator, breath 100%, turn it on and off each deep breath. If the O2 isn't going to work, time to hit the shower. My wife was brilliant this year, did not sign a fuel contract, so we can actually afford hot water this winter. I have two rice bags, but am using a heating pad. It MAY, be helping a bit, darned if I can tell for sure. The 1/4 pill Zomig is what seems to really work, one 3hrs, 1 one hour before bedtime, 6 nights of sleep in a row thus, which is amazing in my history. I'm also trying to sit up in bed for an hour, before laying flat, sort of smooth out the transition and shift in bp. That MAY??? be helping also.

Kevin, I think you're confusing self pity with my natural dislike of self important people who continually misquote, tear down and are generally obnoxious. Easy mistake to make, and repeat, eh? Is everyone who disagrees with you wallowing in self pity? Such a brilliant argument, your didactic approach just wows me.

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 9:08am

Chris, your PM to me indicated that you could not afford to go in for AK treatments this cycle because of monetary concerns. If I were you, I would spend more time consolidating funds to go visit your local holistic hooey provider and less time touting it. You obviously are not going to find any positive feedback for your magic rocks here.

Jumping from thread to thread, and continually reenergizing your search for AK users is futile! Yes Chris the word is FUTILE!!! You seem to have no interest in gaining knowledge of accepted treatments on this board, just AK sand bagging. Roland.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 9:41am

This thread has gone way beyond discussing and/or debunking a treatment approach. Chris believes that it’s helping him and you are not going to convince him that he is wrong. What’s the point?

The usual answer is that newbies need to be protected from scams. I think that case has already been made several times over. I don’t see anyone trying to peddle a cure for profit. Why try to beat him into submission?

I’m going back to my Boji stones soaked in Emu oil.

Respectfully,
Marc

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #37 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:06pm

fly gas wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 8:38am:
people who continually misquote, tear down and are generally obnoxious.

As previously posted, you can point out my misquoting.  I tend you use your own spoken words rather than like you, make up dramatic exaggerations when speaking of others, such as:

your feared and mistrustful impression of persecution with "antiChrist"

the assuming, attaching, and reaching "phobia"

the answer to others who raise a different opinion "mean spirited"

and the catch-all "cyber-bullying"

these are from just one post. Your tearing down and obnoxious attitude toward other people is another whole issue.  The tearing down being addressed in your AK thread, the obnoxious is attaching of your long story to another's thread under the pretense of mutual compassion.  All you needed was a backdrop for your drama show and then it's...

Overture.  Hit the lights.  This is it.  The night of nights.  No more rehearsing and nursing a part, we know every part by heaaaaart.

Daffy and Bugs, and in your embellished manner.

Quote:
Is everyone who disagrees with you wallowing in self pity?

Of course not, they just don't jump into another's scene and move their self-importance to center stage.

Quote:

I am having a similar experience.  

I had

but I wanted to

you'd think I was

I was

I'm reading

All I know

I dared

I see

I guess

I think

I wonder

damned if I won't

Chris

« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:23pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:44pm

No matter how long you beat that horse...he is still dead.
Chill
the bb

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #39 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:51pm

Yes I think that this thread needs to die a natural death at this point. It has become a pissing contest only.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 2:03pm

Jimi wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:51pm:
Yes I think that this thread needs to die a natural death at this point. It has become a pissing contest only.

OK Jimmi, I'll lay low on it... But if AK pops into another thread, I will again oppose it and expose it for what it is. Pure hooey… Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!