Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Links to the left, SHMINKS to the left (Read 5962 times)
bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Links to the left, SHMINKS to the left
Oct 24th, 2009 at 12:27pm

Apparently some browsers don't wanna show those fabulous "links to the left" that newbies are routinely instructed to check out.

I know I don't see them from my forum view (I have figured out how to navigate to them though).

I've seen this issue brought up here before, but I'm mentioning it now, in case anyone wonders "WHY does that idiot crumb bum Bejeeber put actual hyperlinks to that left side info like this: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register in his messages to the noobs when it's right there in plain view for them to just click on!!??"  Smiley

- Bejeeber, who some members with thousands of posts under their belts probably consider a total noob.  Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2009 at 12:48pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Links to the left, SHMINKS to the left
Reply #1 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 7:21pm

You can see the hyperlinks to the left if you view the forum from:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You can't see them if you view the forum from:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best,

George

« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2009 at 7:22pm by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Oct 24th, 2009 at 8:07pm

Oh! Very good to know - thanks.

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:17pm

George wrote on Oct 24th, 2009 at 7:21pm:
You can see the hyperlinks to the left if you view the forum from:

You can't see them if you view the forum from:

Best,

George

OK here's the thing about this from what I can tell:

We are in need of a "redirect" here.

When someone goes to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register they should be automatically redirected to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

This type of redirect is one of the very most basic and common things that is done here in cyberspace, and it when it comes to people routinely not being able to see the very info that could help prevent them from experiencing the worst pain known to mankind, not to mention potential suicide issues, well, please consider that for a moment.....

(this diatribe is also being posted at the "Technical Problems for the Webmaster" message board).
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:45am by bejeeber »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:23pm

And what if I prefer viewing the site without the links to the left?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Brew wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:23pm:

Then simply place a strip of duct tape on the left side of your monitor.  Cool

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:31pm

Same answer to my question: “What if I don’t?”  Wink

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:32pm

Geez..... I'm so dense I didn't even realize that I had no links to the left till reading this!  Good thing some one's on the ball around here!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:34pm

Jeannie wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:32pm:
Geez..... I'm so dense I didn't even realize that I had no links to the left till reading this!  Good thing some one's on the ball around here!

Jeannie

Then you should simply remove the strip of duct tape on the left side of your monitor.

(bet you been wondering why that was there the whole time haven't you?)

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:34pm

seaworthy wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:27pm:

Then simply place a strip of duct tape on the left side of your monitor.  Cool

Fred Smith doesn't appreciate physical alterations to equipment that he buys. Wink

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:38pm

Ya know, when you type in Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and press Enter, scroll all the way down and there's a big
Enter
hyperlink. The links then show up on the left, one of which is named "message board." Clicking on it takes you to the message board WITH the links.

I assume this is how a newbie would enter the site for the first time, hence I see no need for any re-direct.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:55pm

Brew wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:38pm:
I assume this is how a newbie would enter the site for the first time, hence I see no need for any re-direct.

For whatever reason, that is not always happening , it is not the way all newbies are getting to the messageboard (links I suppose).

In "Getting to Know Ya" there's a newbie today who couldn't see the O2 info, because there were no links/left for him.

These links are effectively the ONLY place in the world where people will find info about low dose imitrex injections and current O2 usage breakthroughs.

This info or lack of it can obviously make or break a CH sufferer, and therefore it so obviously supercedes anyone's trivial in comparison preference for not wishing to see links there.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2009 at 7:59pm by bejeeber »  

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 8:58pm

Is there a link to the left for job applications for webmaster? I can't see 'em.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:01pm

Hi, bejeeber.

Send a pm to "admin" if you'd like to share your thoughts with DJ.  There's really nothing WE can do about your concerns--only the webmaster can do that.

Perhaps a partial explanation would be this:  You can reference particular posts in:

You cannot reference specific posts viewed via:

I assume that search engines couldn't reference particular posts and subjects and content if the specific links were not available on the YABB side.

Best,

George
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:26pm by George »  

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:41pm

bejeeber,

I'm not quite sure what has you all worked up, but your suggestion won't work the way you envision.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register is the address of a frames page that pulls three separate pages into one single page.  It is one of the very most basic and common things that is done here in cyberspace.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register is the address of the actual message board script so it can't be re-directed.

The path that is followed by 99.9% of the folks that find our site leads them to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register (which has the "links on the left").  I would bet money that anyone who is viewing the board directly from the script knows exactly what you mean when you refer to the "links ln the left".

If it truly stresses you out so much that some people may not see the "links on the left", preceed your statement about the links with "click on the clusterheadaches.com logo at the top, right of the message board" as clicking that logo will load the Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register page, and then reference the "links on the left".  Give it a try, I'm sure you'll be amazed!

I hope this clears up any mis-understanding.

Regards,

DJ
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:45pm by DJ »  

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #15 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:16am

DJ wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:41pm:
The path that is followed by 99.9% of the folks that find our site leads them to Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Surprised by that 99.9% statistic. That means only one in a thousand visitors don't see the links, but it happened to me and I've seen others besides today's new visitor reporting struggles with it.

Maybe there are just a lot more thousands of people posting messages here than I realized, and I guess I'll have to assume Jeannie's mention above of not having links to the left is facetious.

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2009 at 1:44am by bejeeber »  

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 2:13am

Despite whatever odds of encounter, this seems like a workable solution.

Quote:
... preceed your statement about the links with "click on the clusterheadaches.com logo at the top, ... and then reference the "links on the left".

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:22am

Yeah that'll work great for me.

The problem, as I see it, is there are hordes of others who simply refer to links on the left in their messages to new visitors, and it would be unrealistic and unreasonable to try and get everyone to do this workaround.

IP Logged

DJ
YaBB Administrator

Boyz Rule!

Wichita, KS
Reply #18 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:28am

bejeeber wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 11:22am:
Yeah that'll work great for me.

The problem, as I see it, is there are hordes of others who simply refer to links on the left in their messages to new visitors, and it would be unrealistic and unreasonable to try and get everyone to do this workaround.

The "links on the left" have been set up the same way for over 11 years bejeeber.  I'm sure we'll manage, somehow, to get the newbies to where they need to be.

If and when I ever get the time to do a site re-design, I'll be sure to keep your suggestion in mind.

Thank you for your input and your concerns are noted,

DJ
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:29am by DJ » 
Reason: correct spelling 

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present).  Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
WWW 588277454  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!