Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 448131 times)
Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #1750 - Feb 26th, 2014 at 6:43am

@thierry, thanks for getting back to me, stupid forum still not notifying e of new posts etc.

I think the Costco Multi we get in the UK will be good enough. I will be picking up the US version when I go over in April though  Wink
l
I have also got the Super K supplement now. I think everyone should read "Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox" by Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue, it's a real eye opener.

Anyway, I am now taking the natures best Omega 3 caps 2000mg, D3 10,000iu, Magnesium 400mg, the Kirkland Multi (UK version) 1/day and the Super K 1/day. Just dropped the extra Calcium for the time being. PF for nearly 15 months now.

And yes, batch should get the Nobel Prize  Smiley

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #1751 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 3:05am

Hi Chuffy, you probably know this but i'll say it anyway just in case.
When you are typing a reply, under the box in which you write, there are 3 little squares you can tick (or not), the top one is to get notified of replies. Did you try that?

IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #1752 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:54am

Yes done all that. It notifies me of a reply to my actual posts but doesn't notify me of other replies to the thread. It's now doing something else weird in that it wouldn't let me reply while at home but now I'm at work it's let me?

IP Logged

sue_g
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Gananoque|Canada||0|0|ON,Ontario
Reply #1753 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 8:13pm

Hi Batch and all,
Pain Free - 164 days and counting

Its been three months since my last lab results
March 18th 2014 results:
184 nmol/L  or 73.6 ng/ml
PTH 3.7

I've been maintaining through the winter months with 10,000 D3 with other daily co-factors listed in the anti-inflammatory regimen and have remained pain free.

I'm episodic and normally my attacks run through the winter months lasting up to 3-4 months.  At times CH hits me in the summer as well, not always.

Once we see "spring" & warmer weather, I'm would like to drop my Vit D3 intake to 5000 daily.  Your thoughts Batch?

Thanks again Batch, your a lifesaver  Smiley
Sue

Tomorrow will be better!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1754 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 10:03pm

Hey Sue,

Wonderful news and good question.  I stay on a maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day year round, but I do increase it to 15,000 IU/day and some times 20,000 IU/day during suspected colds and heavy pollen times...

In your case, a maintenance dose of 5,000 IU/day during the summer months should be just fine...  The only question is when to ramp back up to 10,000 IU/day...  I've a feeling your body will tell you when it's time to up the dose.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2014 at 10:48pm by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #1755 - Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:01am

Does anyone take an Organic multi, as the more I read about Centrum and its equivalents the more I feel there could be something far better to take?

IP Logged

B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Reply #1756 - Mar 31st, 2014 at 8:11pm

Batch,
Happy to report, OVER TWO YEARS PF. Could not be happier. Keep up the good work.

All the best,

Baer

Barry Baer  
IP Logged

Kutsuki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Baltimore, MD
Reply #1757 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 11:37am

Hello, new here,

I am have headaches that come every 2 years that last about 1-2 months. Previously, I have been prescribed 30mg of Topamax and that did the trick but this round, it hasn't been working. The friendly supportive people on the "Getting to know ya" section have pointed me in this direction so I will begin the regimen. I hope this will put the beast back into hibernation and maybe to sleep for good.

Just to double check, I want to make sure I'm doing this right:
Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1000 to 1200 mg/day (EPA 360 mg/day, DHA 240 mg/day)
Vitamin D3 - 10,000 IU/day
Calcium - 500 mg/day (calcium citrate preferred)
Magnesium - 400 mg/day (magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, magnesium malate or magnesium orotate)
Vitamin K2 - MK-4 1000 mcg/day,  MK-7 200 mcg/day
Vitamin A - 900 mcg (3,000 IU) for men
Zinc - 10 mg/day
Boron - 1 mg/day or honey
Have it with Orange Juice

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1758 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 12:53pm

Hey Kutsuki,

Welcome to the anti-inflammatory regimen...  You've got the supplements and doses spot on...  Try to see your PCP about getting a lab test for 25(OH)D. 

That said, if it's going to take more than a few days to obtain that lab test, I wouldn't wait to start this regimen.  The lab test after 30 days on this regimen is more important.  We can always work the average response curve backwards to estimate your starting 25(OH)D serum concentration.

In addition, don't be afraid to use the accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule or to double up on the Omega-3 Fish Oil.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1759 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 12:56pm

Hey Baer,

Thanks for the wonderful update.  I'm happy this regimen is working well for you...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Kutsuki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Baltimore, MD
Reply #1760 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 2:42pm

Batch wrote on Apr 3rd, 2014 at 12:53pm:
Hey Kutsuki,

Welcome to the anti-inflammatory regimen...  You've got the supplements and doses spot on...  Try to see your PCP about getting a lab test for 25(OH)D. 

That said, if it's going to take more than a few days to obtain that lab test, I wouldn't wait to start this regimen.  The lab test after 30 days on this regimen is more important.  We can always work the average response curve backwards to estimate your starting 25(OH)D serum concentration.

In addition, don't be afraid to use the accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule or to double up on the Omega-3 Fish Oil.

V/R, Batch

Thank you for the support Batch, I am going to get started right away and I am waiting for my PCP to return my call to schedule an appointment for a lab test.

I have a question about the Vitamin A, you said having too much is a bad thing? 900 mcg or 3,000 IU a day is ok or skip that if you know you've had enough Vitamin A from food?

IP Logged

Kutsuki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Baltimore, MD
Reply #1761 - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 9:08pm

I have a follow up question too. With all the co-factors I feel like I am taking so many pills, I just feel weird taking 6 x 2 pills each. Are there any combinations pills or brands out there that nicely package these together or does everyone take these pills separately?
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2014 at 9:13pm by Kutsuki »  

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #1762 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 2:15am

hi kutsuki,  welcome to the regime !
listen, when I first started taking the d3, to be honest, the last thing I cared about was how many pills I was taking !
I'd willingly take 50 if it got rid of the beast  !!
ive refined mine, ive got d3 5000, so that's only 2 pills
my multi, like batches has 200mg of calcium, I too have a high calcium diet, so that eliminates a couple, a couple of fish oil, 1 vit k, 2 magnesium pills,  so that's about 8 pills.
I swallow the d3 and the k at the same time, 2 magnesium go down the neck at the same time, fish oil is a tad big for both together   lol,   try and see if you can get higher values in some of the tablets which might help.
otherwise, hey, spend the 30 seconds that it takes, thinking about how the regime can help you, and honestly its far less hassle than the option of the beast hammering you !!   lol
good luck with it kutsuki
colin

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #1763 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 4:35am

Hi Kutsuki,
this D3 is 10000 iu per softgel,

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

so you only need to take one of those daily for the maintenance. If you are taking the loading dose you'll need to take more but it still means taking less pills. Also with 360 softgels in the box, you won't have to keep buying some.
You do not state where you live, if you are in the UK, amazon.co.uk also sells this product.
All the best with the regimen   Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2014 at 4:37am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Kutsuki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Baltimore, MD
Reply #1764 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 9:29am

Thanks for the support guys, I am from maryland, I had no problem getting all the pills, I was just simply wondering if I was missing out on a multi-vitamin that had all of the above in one pill. I am able to buy 10000UI off the counter.

Does anyone have any multi-vitamin suggestions? I'm sure that will help cut down on some of the cost.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #1765 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 9:54am

Hi Kutsuki, Batch takes a multi, it is Kirkland Mature Multi, you can see it on a picture he has posted, the pic is on page 70 of this thread.  Smiley

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1766 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 12:47pm

Kutsuki,

You're not the first CH'er to comment on the number of pills.  That's one of the reasons why I've evaluated a slight change in the brand of supplements I'm presently taking that replaces the Kirkland brand of Calcium Citrate with Mature Multi. 

I buy the first four of these supplements at Costco.  I get the Super K and B 50 from Amazon.  The remaining reasons for switching from Kirkland's Calcium Citrate to Mature multi include a lower calcium content for CH'ers taking verapamil, and vitamin A (retinol) that wasn't in the calcium citrate formulation.

You should be able to find these or similar brands at Walmart, most supermarkets, the Vitamin Shoppe or over the Internet.  Check the Supplement Facts label and serving size to make sure.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The pill count includes two of the vitamin D3 and two of the Omega-3 softgels, one of the magnesium softgels, one of the Mature Multi tablets and one of the Super K Advanced K2 Complex.  That comes to a total of seven capsules...

There are a few brands of Omega-3 Fish Oil that have the needed EPA and DHA in a single capsule.  That can bring the total count down do six capsules.

This combination comes very close to meeting the anti-inflammatory supplement doses in the following table:

The vitamin B 50 complex (not shown in the above photo) is optional and only needed for a maximum of three months if the lab test for vitamin B12 indicates a deficiency or the basic regimen hasn't resulted in a pain free response after tuning...

Hope this helps.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2014 at 6:23pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Kutsuki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Baltimore, MD
Reply #1767 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 1:44pm

Batch wrote on Apr 4th, 2014 at 12:47pm:
Kutsuki,

You're not the first CH'er to comment on the number of pills.  That's one of the reasons why I've evaluated a slight change in the brand of supplements I'm presently taking that replaces the Kirkland brand of Calcium Citrate with Mature Multi. 

I buy the first four of these supplements at Costco.  I get the Super K and B 50 from Amazon.  The remaining reasons for switching from Kirkland's Calcium Citrate to Mature multi include a lower calcium content for CH'ers taking verapamil, and vitamin A (retinol) that wasn't in the calcium citrate formulation.

You should be able to find these or similar brands at Walmart, most supermarkets, the Vitamin Shoppe or over the Internet.  Check the Supplement Facts label and serving size to make sure.

The pill count includes two of the vitamin D3 and two of the Omega-3 softgels, one of the magnesium softgels, one of the Mature Multi tablets and one of the Super K Advanced K2 Complex.  That comes to a total of seven capsules...

There are a few brands of Omega-3 Fish Oil that have the needed EPA and DHA in a single capsule.  That can bring the total count down do six capsules.

This combination comes very close to meeting the anti-inflammatory supplement doses in the following table:

The vitamin B 50 complex (not shown in the above photo) is optional and only needed for a maximum of three months if the lab test for vitamin B12 indicates a deficiency or the basic regimen hasn't resulted in a pain free response after tuning...

Hope this helps.

V/R, Batch

Hi batch, Thanks for your reply! I will go to Costco and grab some of those! I got my lab test done today so I will post my results as soon as I get them. My pcp thinks 10000UI of Vitamin D is silly but he says it doesn't hurt to try. I'm excited to see the results!

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1768 - Apr 4th, 2014 at 5:33pm

Hey Kutsuki,

Send your neurologist the following link:

Let's see if we can get him singing from the same sheet of music...

Please let us know the actual serum concentration of your 25(OH)D lab test.   That will help in computing a vitamin D3 loading schedule for you.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

TheAndyT
CH.com Junior

Love is our resistance...

North Hollywood, California
Reply #1769 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 6:01pm

Greetings everybody, Batch!! I am happy to report I am still pain free. It feels good to see more people are discovering the regimen and I wish the best for them all.  Batch, quick question... I am missing the magnesium in my setup...what exactly is the magnesium for? I shall have to pick me up some.

-Andy

Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #1770 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 7:00pm

Hey Andy,

Glad to hear you're staying pain free and good question.  Magnesium malate, magnesium glycinate and magnesium citrate have the highest bioavailability and least problems with osmotic diarrhea. 

That said, I've been taking the Nature Made brand of magnesium oxide in liquid softgel form and haven't had any problems.

400 to 500 mg/day magnesium should be more than adequate.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

TheAndyT
CH.com Junior

Love is our resistance...

North Hollywood, California
Reply #1771 - Apr 7th, 2014 at 5:17pm

Thank you, Batch. I will be getting me some as soon as possible. Best of all to you and wishing everyone here pain-free days ahead.

-Andy
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2014 at 5:17pm by TheAndyT »  

Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors

IP Logged

Kutsuki
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Baltimore, MD
Reply #1772 - Apr 8th, 2014 at 7:01pm

I got my 25(OH)D results back today. I have 28.0 ng/mL. When I took the test last Friday (4/4/2014), I have only taken the regimen once. I have been 5 days pain free! Thanks Batch.

About when would you recommend I take a follow up 25(OH)D test?

IP Logged

bcsanders
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #1773 - Apr 8th, 2014 at 7:09pm

Hello Batch and everyone,
I am an ech trying to get out of my current cycle.  The major hits have seemed to end but I have shadows all day some of the breaking through at a K3 or 4.  So I have about 50 pages of this post and figure I have nothing to lose going on this regimen to get rid of the constant shadows.   First of all Batch, you are the most kind person I know as I can't count the number of questions you have answered and all the data you r compiling.   But here are my questions.    I started the vitamins, all but calcium and k2 two days ago.  I brought centrum for men over 50, I am 46.  Is there enough calcium in that not to supplement more.   I am taking the magnesium, fish oil, 10k vitamin D3.  I am a big milk drinker and cheese eater.   Have appt with neuro tomorrow and gonna try to get a scripts for d3 syrum.   Lastly,not sure I understand the acidic alkaline issue.   Would eating  orange be as wffective as drinking lemonade.   Thanks for any tips you are all godsends to me.   

Craig

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #1774 - Apr 9th, 2014 at 2:10am

hi bcsanders,  good luck with the regime, stick with it as some take longer to respond.
I take the same multi which I believe has about 200mg of calcium which I believe is about 22 % of our daily requirements, I to have a high calcium diet, lots of milk and I love my cheeses, so I don't take any other supplements. sometimes, like when I was recently away and my diet wasn't as rich in calcium, ide take and extra calcium pill to compensate,but im happy in general with the multi vit otherwise.
one thing you didn't mention was whether you got tested for you 25 (oh) d   ?   if your levels aren't at 60-80 you can accelerate the vit d to get u up the the green zone a lot quicker !  where as depending on your level, it could take quite a while to reach the sweet spot,  as per batches graphs.   really is worth while hetting that test done, but i'll let batch respond to you on that
all the best with it, here's hoping you go pain free
regards
colin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!