Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 446290 times)
MoxieGirl
CH.com Junior

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #200 - Apr 29th, 2011 at 3:56am

Thanks Niels, interesting article.

I'll try not to get too side tracked, might be best to start a new thread on this perhaps, but it might be on topic, or at least dove tail in.

I was born a man, started taking a set of hormones in 2006 to stop my testosterone, and another set to highly increase my oestrogen in preparing to become a woman. It is suspected, by a team studying the brain in the Netherlands, that this process alters the Hypothalamus in some people. The first oestrogen tablet I was on was fine, but then a doctor switched my prescription, and before long I started getting clusters and daily chronic headaches. It took us awhile to pin point the cause, and switch me back to the safer version of the hormone, but by then, the damage was done.

But, I do strongly believe that Clusters are very much hormone (specifically testosterone) and Hypothalamus linked. I'm sure we all know cluster are believed to be triggered by the Hypo. And they strongly believe the transition process transsexuals go through alters the Hypo, and my neuro knows several transsexuals with clusters as a result of hormones we took.

So, if Vit D3 restores some of the Testosterone I've deprived my system of, and that helps, that might make sense.

One way of checking your Testosterone levels yourself: Maybe not so noticeable in men as it will be in women. Fingernail strength is directly linked to the level of T in your system. The stronger your nails, the more T you have. I used to have wonderful strong nails before I transitioned and had surgery. Now, I have very little T, and have brittle useless nails. Will be watching to see if Vit D3 helps with my nails.

Renée

IP Logged

Radar63
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

UK
Reply #201 - Apr 30th, 2011 at 1:47pm

Hi Batch

Just checking in.  Still completely pain free, had a few shadows during the last few days however they are minor and essentially seem to last the duration of a pulse.  Perhaps that means my issue is perhaps inflammation related along with the Ph levels.  Interesting reading Renee above, my finger nails have been brittle since I started the current cluster (since Feb).  Interesting.
Have found now that being on the regimen for 3 weeks has had a number of other positive benefits, the main one being extra energy, my teeth seem somehow firmer and stronger without any little aches that I used to get all the time.
Am waiting to get an appointment with the neuro to let him now that I have entirely different clusters, in fact that I may have gone chronic but there is this wonderful gentleman in the US who has enabled me to sleep, smile and enjoy life.  I so hope the regimen will also help others as it has me.  I have also passed the wine and beer test!
Thank you again and deep wishes of pain free days to you all.
Ian Cheesy

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #202 - May 2nd, 2011 at 6:51am

Ian,

Thanks for the update...  Knowing your response to this regimen continues to be favorable without any adverse side effects is great news...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Ricardo
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #203 - May 2nd, 2011 at 3:14pm

Powermonkey wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 1:48pm:
Seems to me that in my case - D3 definitely is working.

Has anyone had NO success so far with it?  I think it would be interesting to hear about the cases that do not, since this seems to be working for so many people in this thread

No success on my end.  I wonder if it's a little early to be claiming an 80% success rate.  I'm betting people that have gotten help are a lot more likely to post about it

IP Logged

MoxieGirl
CH.com Junior

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Reply #204 - May 3rd, 2011 at 10:13am

Ricardo wrote on May 2nd, 2011 at 3:14pm:
Powermonkey wrote on Apr 8th, 2011 at 1:48pm:
Seems to me that in my case - D3 definitely is working.

Has anyone had NO success so far with it?  I think it would be interesting to hear about the cases that do not, since this seems to be working for so many people in this thread

No success on my end.  I wonder if it's a little early to be claiming an 80% success rate.  I'm betting people that have gotten help are a lot more likely to post about it

I've had improvement, I think. Still a bit early to tell, and I also still need to add zink to the mix. But, I was looking at my cluster headache graph this morning before work, and noticed an interesting trend.

Over the last 16 months, every cluster cycle has a very clear pattern of increasing spikes on the graph. For example a 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10 type pattern. This repeats and repeats and repeats so that the graph looks like a series of hills all leaning to the right. But, since starting the Batch 3 Regimen, there is suddenly this hill leaning to the left. I have one set of numbers going down, an 8, 6, 4 type grouping. Never had that happen before. EVER!

Renée

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Reply #205 - May 4th, 2011 at 10:12am

as soon as I read this,  i ran out and bought the supplies, and started the regimin.  It hasnt helped me at all.  I have had to rely on cafergot to help at night or i was getting hit every 45 min all night long.  I gave it two weeks to kick in to test it to see if it would help.  However,  I have to take anti convulsants since I have epilepsy,  and i dont know if that affects it.  It does affect "clusterbusting".  so maybe it also affects this type of regimin.

oh well, it was worth a try.

christine Sad

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #206 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Hi Batch

Have been trying to catch up on what's new with CH . . . been away from the board . . . and apologies to all for "laying down my oar" for so long.

Good news is that for the past two years I've been mostly PF.  In 2010, only used 30 "E" tanks . . . so far this year, have 5 empties . . . all hits have been low level and easily killed in a few minutes with the 02.

How this relates to your thread?  About two years ago my GP prescribed large doses of D3 (can't find the bottle, but may have been 15-20,000 IU).  Since then, I take 5,000 IU per day, plus a multivitimin (which I've taken since going on water therapy 5/04).  It's been a year since I've had a real "dance" with the beast . . . and I do try and eat fish 2-3 times a week.

This past week, have used one tank (several low level hits), as I've been ill with some chest congestion and pollen related sinus/eyes/throat problems . . . which pretty much put me down and out . . . and when I'm sleeping, I'm not drinking the water at my normal levels . . . so not surprised at the hits . . .BUT . . . they're all low level hits.   Two years ago, a reduction in water intake would/could trigger a series of attacks (Kip 5-8+).

A note to those that don't know my history.  I'm 64, came here 2/02 after 13 months mis-diagnosis . .  6-8 attacks daily, sometimes 3-5 at night, Kip 5-9, most 20-45 min. and the occasional 1-2+hr horror.   After wife found this site, got Verapamil & 02 script and started being able to have some control of the beast.  3/03 almost died from viral meningitis, 5/03 diagnosed w/bladder cancer . . . surgeries, bcg treatments, then finally radical cystectomy (removed bladder and prostate . . . I DO NOT have a stoma, but have to self cath 4-5 times a day . . . still beats having a bag stuck to my stomach), followed by 3 months chemo.  All this time, I was taking the Verap and always had my 02, but after the surgery, my attacks were less frequent and intense.  Prior to the chemo, I stopped several meds (including the Verapamil) . . . attacks still manageable with the 02 (and ice) . . . thought it might have been the chemo "juices" . . . nope . . . the water! . . . which is required in large amounts to keep my neo-bladder and kidneys flushed to cut down on UTIs (have had several).   I still will tell folks not to discount "water X 3", but always with the warning, "it IS NOT easy to do.

I think you've got something with the D3, and if I can find some smaller fish oil capsules (can't tolerate the big ones), will start adding that to my daily regimen.

Thanks again,

Be Safe,   PFDANs

(mostly pf) Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #207 - May 5th, 2011 at 2:23am

Hey Richard,

Thanks for the update. According to a number of Integrative physicians and dietitians who recommend vitamin D3 supplements, 5,000 I.U. is a perfectly good target maintenance dose.

Your diet sounds a lot like mine with the exception of my choice of fluids...  OJ and coffee in the morning (I roast my own green coffee beans), lemonade...  or occasionally margarita mix (sometimes with tequila) for lunch, water and a couple cans of diet coke during the day... at least one or two with some Demerara rum any time the sun's over the yardarm, and a glass of wine a couple times a week with dinner.

It sounds like you know your body a lot better than most so my guess is you'll titrate the dose of the other supplements accordingly.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions about this regimen... like why it works well for some and not as well for others...  or why CH'ers who don't benefit from taking this regimen appear to have similar comorbidities...  but we're working on ways to connect the dots.

Take care and thanks for the update...

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

beautyofthebeast
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Leeds|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #208 - May 8th, 2011 at 6:35am

Fantastic thread...thank you so much Batch for posting  Kiss

My story so far..........

I have been episodic for 25 years, each bout lasting approx 3-4 months. I have been in cycle since Nov 2009, so believe I am now chronic. I was taking 960mg verapamil, O2 and Imi injections to control the 3-4 daily hits.

After reading this post 5 weeks ago, I went to my local pharmacy and bought the Omega 3 fish oil caps and vitamin D tablets.

I started taking 4000mg omega 3 fish oil and 2 x 25 ug (2 x 1000 iu) as well as the verapamil.

After a few days, the beast was gone and has been ever since  Grin.  I have tapered the verap dose and now take only 240 mg daily and hope to reduce this further.
I have passed the beer test and the G&T test  Cheesy  Grin feel less tired and can now go to the loo again  Embarrassed

So far, amazing...I will keep you updated.

Adrienne xx

Ade

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #209 - May 8th, 2011 at 1:22pm

Hey Adrienne,

Great feeling isn't it? 

Good on you for giving this regimen a try and reporting the results.

It's going to take a week or two...  but I hope to have an on-line survey tool available on this regimen so that folks who've tried it can report their results. 

This should help us to collectively get our arms around this regimen so we can answer the question of efficacy more accurately and the dosing levels that appear to work best. 

The really important information this survey will provide will come from the folks who don't get the same response as you or me... I suspect the same list of comorbidities will solidify and that will provide the folks researching cluster headache with a new perspective and areas to investigate.

With information in hand from a survey like this, we'll be able to take the next steps towards a study... 

Again, thanks for the feedback...

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2011 at 1:24pm by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Amanda07
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #210 - May 8th, 2011 at 7:59pm

SO I thought I'd give a quick little update - I was on 4000 IU of VD3 and 3000 of Omega Fish Oil (now on 4500 because I'm taking the liquid form) and I was completely pain free for 13 days...then suddenly my shadows were back in force, I have no idea why! I've upped to 5000IU for the last 3 days and I'm hoping to go back to PF (because my GOD was that wonderful) but so far no luck. Any ideas why it would have been working wonderfully and then suddenly gone kaput?

Prior to the 13 days, I had been on lower amounts - I started at 1000 IU and then when I had a day of light shadows, I upped the dosage which was working. Between each upping of a dose, the pain free time became longer...And within 2 days I would see the results of the upping. This time I'm 3 days out from upping to 5000 IUs and it hasn't really changed much. I'm only getting lower level kips but that's normal for me. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts...

IP Logged

wishbone
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Birmingham, AL
Reply #211 - May 8th, 2011 at 9:46pm

You did not mention that you were taking calcium citrate.  This you need to do, but maybe you should really increase you dose of D3 to 10,000 IU per day for a couple of weeks.  Also are you drinking lemonade with lunch and diner?  Not to bore everyone with my questions, but I actually started with 20,000 IU of D3 per day for 3 weeks, along with 3,600 mg of Fish Oil and 3000 mg of Calcium Citrate.  I think it worked so now I am on a maintenance dosage of D3 which is 5,000 IU per day. 

Bottom line you are at best now just taking the maintenance dosage and not the the wham bam dosage of D3.

Good luck and I hope and pray you are PF and Shadow free soon
Wishbone

Just as I try daily to grow my Faith in God I try daily to learn how to cope with Cluster Headaches

IP Logged

stingynina
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #212 - May 11th, 2011 at 5:02pm

I am an in home care provider and I have a client who has been suffering this head pain for years, and just last week was diagnosed with CH.  After all this time....they kept saying it was sinus...blah blah blah....well...FINALLY this crackpot doctor sent him to a neurologist.....they put him on prednisone (sp) and vicodin.  He has these every few minutes all day long.  After reading up on CH, and finding this thread, I called him right away and told him about the Fish Oil and vitamin D3.  What does he have to lose except the crippling pain of CH?  He is 87 years old.  I will keep you posted on his results.  Thanks for the insight Batch!

IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #213 - May 11th, 2011 at 9:18pm

Stingynina

Thanks for taking the effort to help your patient.

The D3 & Omega3 regimen does look very promising and I believe it's responsible for my current (mostly) pf period.  Have been chronic since 1/01 and this place saved my life.  Take another step:

See if you can find a way to get him oxygen.  Is a miracle abortive for most of us . . . please read more about it's use/effectiveness.

Would you post another introduction (or copy your post and post it)  on this board (Meds/Therapies) . . . or the "Getting to Know ya" board? . . . more foks will see/read the thread and you'll get numerous suggestions .  .  . and here, they come from people who truly know his pain.

Be Safe.

Richard

lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #214 - May 12th, 2011 at 4:58pm

87 !!!  Yikes !!!  Shocked

Stingynina, at this point I thought my going into remission was either due to this regimen or I'd outgeezed the beast...   Looks like my age may not be a factor given your home care client's age with CH...

Please keep us posted on the results if he gives this regimen a try.

Thanks and take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

MoxieGirl
CH.com Junior

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Reply #215 - May 13th, 2011 at 6:52am

In addition to Batch's Omega3 Regimen, I'm also taking 250mg Topiramate each day (125 morning and night). The longest gap between attacks is about 9 days before starting on Omega3/D3, and since then I'd probably gotten to 12-13 days when I missed a couple morning doses of both Omega3 and Topiramate.

If you know anything about Topiramate, altering the dose (or missing a dose) messes with your equilibrium. I thought it a bit odd that I felt off balance this week. Just slightly, needing to put my hand on the desk to steady myself, or nearly walking into a filing cabinet at work. Not quite dizzy, just slightly off kilter. Wasn't till I went to take my evening dose that I realised I'd missed my mornings.

But, more than that, it also might explain the killer clusters of the last two evenings. I haven't been on the Omega3 regimen long enough to say for sure that it has made a difference, so this might all be premature. But since January, the longest I've gone is 9 days cluster free. And since being on Omega3 I've gone more than 12 (will need to check my calendar later to be sure of the numbers). But then when I miss a dose or two I get hit. Well, makes it interesting.

Granted, it could just be that the gap is getting a bit longer of its own accord and the Omega3/D3 is having no effect. Will know more in a month or two when I've had time to give it a proper test.

Oh, and just to add, I haven't yet added zinc to the mix. I know that is part of the regimen, and probably will one day. But seems to be effective for me without it, so far.

Renée

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #216 - May 13th, 2011 at 11:12pm

Good call stingynina about getting the 87 year old on the vitamin D3.

Those are some hellacious drugs to have been prescribed to an 87 year old. I hope O2, D3 etc. can provide relief instead.

I'd never heard of an 87 year old with CH before. A sit scary for those of us who've been hoping for a complete remission if we reach elderly status, as apparently is often the case.

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

scottr1966
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #217 - May 14th, 2011 at 3:06pm

Hey guys, I have not been here in a while and I have never posted much here. I have been actively engaged at cluster busters for about a year. On the vitamin regimen, I had started the D3, Fish Oil, Magnesium/Calcium a couple of weeks ago. Initially I took only 800iu of D3 along with 3600mg Fish Oil, and a Calcium/Mag/Zinc combo per day. I don't know if any one else has had this side effect but my tongue and throat became kind of raw so I stopped the whole regimen and it cleared up. I wonder which of these supplements caused that or was it the combo of them all? I may just re-start with the D3 and see what happens. Then begin to incorporate the others, any thoughts on this?

Also I was nauseous. Is this the D3?  Never mind. I took one 5000iu pill today and I am nauseous. Of course I take all this with food.

Thanks,
Scott

IP Logged

alleyoop
CH.com Hall of Famer

Am I self-centered or
is it just me?

Hiawassee, GA USA
Reply #218 - May 14th, 2011 at 3:13pm

OK, just for the record, here are my results:

I took the following for 10 days:

10,000 i.u. (2-5,000) D3 - Nature's Bounty

3600mg (3-1200mg) Fish Oil - Omega 3&6 - Nature's Bounty

2 Calcium Citrate tablets - Kroger store brand - containing
630mg calcium
500 i.u. vitamin D
10mg sodium

At least 2 20oz glasses of fresh squeezed lemonade

I am in high cycle and was averaging 2 to 4 hits daily.  After 3 days, my activity actually picked-up to 4 to 8 hits daily.  I also started having up to 4 wake-up hits per night.  Six days of this convinced me that the regimen was not only not working for me, but possibly making it worse.

As soon as I stopped, the hits started decreasing, but that may well be coincidental.  I busted with a half gram of psilocybin taken on my last bad night, and it seems to have done the trick.  It has now been 10 days post D3 regimen, and I am having more PF days than otherwise.  Also the wake-up hits have stopped.  This by no means means that this D3 regimen doesn't work; it just didn't work for me.  It could be that my cycle is winding down, and that it coincided with stopping the alkaline regimen.  At any rate, I am not complaining.  The meds that I take daily could also possibly be responsible for my lack of success (see Caveat).

Caveat:
The following meds are taken daily:

AM:
verapamil 240mg
clomiphene citrate 50mg
folic acid 800mcg
omeprazole 80mg

PM:
verapamil 240mg
melatonin 9mg
simvastatin 40mg
ambien prn

I am happy that there have been so many success stories with D3; it just didn't seem to work for me.  Undecided

bobb

P.S.
I don't know if the fact that I was using a calcium supplement that didn't include magnesium and zinc, had anything to do with it or not.

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
alleyoop_49  
IP Logged

nhs
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #219 - May 14th, 2011 at 4:04pm

Hi bobb

It took me 2 months to get pain free with 5000 IU vit-D3 and 500 mg magnesium. Now 2½ years later still no CH.  Smiley

IP Logged

alleyoop
CH.com Hall of Famer

Am I self-centered or
is it just me?

Hiawassee, GA USA
Reply #220 - May 14th, 2011 at 6:28pm

Thanks for the feedback nhs!  I'll definitely give it another go, and use the right calcium supplement this time.  I'll also give it a couple of months and report back here what happens.

bobb

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
alleyoop_49  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #221 - May 15th, 2011 at 5:39pm

Bobb,

alleyoop wrote on May 14th, 2011 at 3:13pm:
I don't know if the fact that I was using a calcium supplement that didn't include magnesium and zinc, had anything to do with it or not.

Magnesium and zinc both play a significant roll in this regimen.  Magnesium is involved in many of the cluster headache related processes and zinc is essential not only for for our immune systems, it's also a key element in carbonic anhydrases, an enzyme we need for hemoglobin to function effectively in releasing carbon dioxide into exhaled breath.

I've found the Kirkland brand of calcium citrate formulated with additional vitamin D3, magnesium and zinc works best for me.  I get it along with the rest of this regimen at Costco...  In a pinch you can also use Citracal Plus Bone Density Builder™ as it has a similar formulation of the above components.

Most of the CH'ers who have followed this regimen at the doses I take reported an improvement in 24 to 48 hours.

That you haven't responded to this regimen is not surprising.  It could be due to the missing magnesium and zinc, a low arterial pH or both.  It could also be due to an irritant or allergic reaction that's in your environment or food that's resulting in a level of  neurogenic inflammation that will take longer to overcome with this regimen.  Peanuts and gluten are two potential allergens you might want to avoid for a while to see what happens

alleyoop wrote on May 14th, 2011 at 3:13pm:
The following meds are taken daily:

AM:
verapamil 240mg
clomiphene citrate 50mg
folic acid 800mcg
omeprazole 80mg

PM:
verapamil 240mg
melatonin 9mg
simvastatin 40mg
ambien prn

I am happy that there have been so many success stories with D3; it just didn't seem to work for me.

You'll have to forgive me for laughing at the laundry list of med's you're taking a.m. and p.m.   I'm not making fun of you because many years ago when I was first diagnosed with ECH...  I did the same thing.  I had two pill caddies, an a.m. and p.m. caddy, both loaded for my week's supply laundry list of meds.

It didn't take long for me to discover the preventatives had too many adverse side effects...   Too little relief and too many onerous side effects...  In short the risk:reward ratio sucked...  and I was still getting hit.

I stopped taking all the prevents, accepted the fact that I was going to take hits, but was very confident that oxygen therapy at flow rates that support hyperventilation could abort my CH very reliably in an average of 3 to 7 minutes depending on the pain level.

I still kept imitrex (sumatriptan succinate) handy for the times I was trapped away from my oxygen therapy kit like during air travel where I would get nailed on every flight.  There were also times in the early years where I was taking the maximum daily dose of imitrex tablets for so long I developed angina.

I also see you're taking statins...  Your cardiologist or PCP must think that's the only way to keep your cholesterol in check... 

I went through a bout of elevated cholesterol and triglycerides during a clinical study for an unrelated condition at NIH.  Part of the study protocol called for sirolimus (rapamune), an immunosuppressant normally given to kidney transplant patients to prevent rejection.  It has a well known side effect of jacking up cholesterol and triglyceride levels...  and it did.  My total cholesterol jumped from 167 to over 250 and my triglycerides climbed well above the normal levels in one week on sirolimus.

The Principal investigator for this study gave me two options...  Go on statins (neither of us wanted to do that), or go on a low cholesterol diet with Omega 3 Fish Oil. I cut out sugars and limited intake of carbohydrates. 

I ate lots of green & yellow veggies lean meat, chicken, and fish.  I also started taking 3600 mg. Omega 3 Fish Oil and a natural plant sterol called Cholestoff.

In two weeks my total cholesterol was below 190 and my triglycerides were back in the normal range.  A month after starting this regimen, my total cholesterol was below 150...  and I was still taking sirolimus...  What I'm saying is there are other ways to reduce cholesterol levels...  you just need to discuss this with your cardiologist or PCP.

All that is history...  Since starting the anti-inflammatory regimen I no longer need to take any of the abortives...  and that includes oxygen. 

The light came on shortly after starting this regimen last October...  For over 16 years I'd been taking very potent and very expensive medications with all kinds of side effects because my neurologists and I though they were needed...  yet I was still getting hit...  What I wasn't doing was giving my body it needed.

The physicians who practice integrative medicine are clearly on to this as well.  They still treat with many of the same pharmaceuticals but only in moderation and only if the more holistic methods of diet, vitamins and mineral therapy are not achieving the desired therapeutic effect.

Accordingly, since last October I've taken only the anti-inflammatory regimen...  My goal was to come off all the invasive med's and control my CH through more holistic methods... 

It's working...  My wife takes it as well and she doesn't have CH.  Both of us feel great, we're loaded with energy and both of us have lost weight.  My guess is the weight loss is due to the increased activity made possible by this regimen.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2011 at 4:40am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #222 - May 15th, 2011 at 7:17pm

A bit of an update

I mentioned that I haven't had a real "dance" with the beast in over a year.  Friday, I called my pharmacist to ask when I got my script for D3 (I think 20,000 IU per day for a month) . . . 1/13/10 . . . fourteen months ago . . . have been taking 5,000 IU per day since.

What hits I am getting are all VERY low level and killed quickly with the 02  . . .  and can go a week or more without any sign of the beast.

So  . . . am going to alternate 5K & 10K IU daily and add the omega 3 fish oil (my druggist is going to order the smaller capsules for me . . . can't tolerate the big ones), and the calcium citrate.

You may have found a "magic bullet" for many Batch (especially for Auban Bird I hope).

Will keep you apprised.

Be Safe . . . CONTINUED PFDANs

Richard

lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

dewalt
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #223 - May 15th, 2011 at 9:15pm

This is my first post I've been having ch for 23 years I'm taking depakote 500 mg one in the morning and one at night and verapamil 240mg in the morning I started taking vitamin d3 10000iu and omega3 fish oil 3000mg last monday with no results still having 4 to 5 hits a day started the caltrate yesterday will let you know how it turns out

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #224 - May 15th, 2011 at 9:30pm

wow.   i just got done reading all nine pages.  i didnt do that before i started on the D3/fish oil.  i just saw vitamin D3 and fish oil was working for someone and remembered somebody talking about vitamin D and headaches on a family talk show adn though "why not?  cant hurt..."  i didnt expect for the headaches to completely go away!  i had no ideah it was working for so many people.  i guess its good i have an open mind...  then again, my opend mind lends me to trying things like capsaicin.  to be fair though, the incredible caughing and sneezing fits the first few times i squirted the stuff('chets gone made' from tiajuana flats) up my nose did seem to abort them...  anyway, im glad i landed at this site.  i do have a question though, does anyone know if kidney and liver damage would effect vitamin d levels?  i only ask because of my medical history, with my CH getting really bad after my kidneys and liver almost failed due to rhabdomyolisis.  i have no ideah how i recovered from that injury, as the doctors werent even sure i would live when they first wheeled me in.  just stubborn i guess.  i know the huge lactic acid buildup from that accident wreaked havoc on my arterial ph...  anyway, ill continue posting progress on my intro thread, in "getting to know ya"
Bird

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!