Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 107
Send Topic Print
123 Days PF And I Think I know Why (Read 445044 times)
Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Re: 123 Days PF And I Think I know Why
Reply #2450 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 5:21am

Judy, All,

Sorry for not letting you know I was in Pelican, Alaska fishing since the 26th of August...  I drafted a post to announce my absence, but must have closed the laptop too soon after hitting the send button as it was still unsent when I returned home this evening...  Mea culpa.

Fishing at Pelican is the ultimate "getaway" for me... It's a small fish camp town an hour West of Juneau by Beaver float plane... There's no phone and no Internet access at our house, just a lot of 12 hour days fishing with dear friends, great food (fresh King Salmon, Halibut, Lingcod, Yellow Eye, deep water shrimp and a chop or two) while enjoying one of the most spectacular locations Alaska has to offer...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in Austin, TX next week.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2016 at 5:31am by Batch »  

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #2451 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:04am

Wow...just wow! What a perfect place to re-charge. I was just worried someone had kidnapped you! ha ha

Judy
You are forgiven..

IP Logged

Can
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

NYC
Reply #2452 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 8:18am

My husband has been on d3 with all cofactors since April of this year, but has reached a point where he is at his wits end. Unbeknownst to me the vitamin make him incredibly sick to his stomach for the remainder of the evening (they are taken with dinner). Is there a best way to break them down into an am dose and a pm dose? Hoping that will be enough to aid his stomach...

IP Logged

Rumeke
CH.com Veteran

Westfield, NC
Reply #2453 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:50am

Until Batch chimes in..

Why not drop 1 of the co-factors each night to see if you can pin-point which is the culprit? I know for myself the multi-vitamin tore my tummy up so I dropped it.

Judy

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2454 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:38am

Great pics, Batch.  Looks like an amazing place.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2455 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 2:16pm

Hey Can,

Sorry to be so slow in responding.  I'm still decompressing from the Clusterbusters conference in Austin, TX this weekend.

Judy has already given you a good start.  That said, there may be too many moving parts to your husband's problems to solve in a timely manner so please check your PM InBox.  I've left you a message.  Your PM InBox is located under the date in the upper left corner of this screen.  Click on the bold font saying "You have
1 new message
"

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2456 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 7:44pm

slacker032 wrote on Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:38am:
Great pics, Batch.  Looks like an amazing place.

It IS...and note the "shine" on these fish...when they come right out of the water...that's what they look like. Look for it in the stores/fish markets...

Also note the "hole" in the head of the Halibut (large flat white one)...that be a cheek...it is the fillet mignon of any fish... compared to the quite excellent "NY Stk" of the flesh. Seek but be careful...
a sautéed cheek...with garlic, butter, mushies, and onions will SPOIL you...my favorites are King Salmon cheeks...alas...to find them now is like winning the lottery.....rare and treasured...

I also applaud the pics Batch...and I vicariously enjoy your trips to God's country......and
the rejuvenation it must give you to continue your tireless efforts on behalf of clusterheads everywhere................

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2457 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:49am

Judy, Slacker, Jon,

Thanks for the kind words about my getaway fishing trip to Pelican, Alaska...  It's clear Jon knows his seafood being a Puget Sounder from Seattle holding up a rack of Opilio crab legs in his screen photo...

It wasn't all fishing...  One day after limiting out on halibut, we cruised to the Northern shore of Cross Sound and into Taylor Bay for a closer look at Brady Glacier with Mt Fairweather in the background.
No evidence of global warming there...  The water in Taylor Bay looked more like milk with all the glacial silt...

We also took a day to frame a new shed on the side of the house to cover the deck and a second day to add the metal roof.

The day before we flew South, we pulled the Susan K out for the winter, gave her a good freshwater scrub, cleaned the hull, serviced the outboards and hauled the batteries back to the house.

The morning of our final day was spent winterizing the house... cutting the 220 to the hot water heater, draining all the pipes, adding RV Antifreeze, and wrapping up the golf cart that we use to make the quarter mile trek to floats where the Susan K is moored.

I'm already counting the days until next May when we fly North to Pelican to start the 2017 fishing season...  At 72, there is an expiration date somewhere ahead... so I plan to do this as long as I'm able...

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #2458 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 10:50am

Hey Batch,

Great post & pics.

72 is young. Dad was 84 and played golf every week up to a couple of weeks before he passed.

So rock on !!!!!!

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2459 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 12:39pm

Batch, Jon - Looks and sounds awesome.  Alaska is definitely on the bucket list for me.

IP Logged

Ilndguy
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Michigan
Reply #2460 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 6:45am

Thanks for sharing these great pictures. It looks awesome.

Jealous

Ilndguy

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2461 - Sep 21st, 2016 at 7:44am

WOW Batch, that trip sounds and looks amazing.
Is there room for 1 more next year?
All the best Smiley

IP Logged

theydontunderstand
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2462 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 7:36pm

It's been a little over a year since I posted here and had to come back to say thank you Batch. The information you have provided here has made an immeasurable difference in the quality of my life.

I am about 10 days into cycle but this time it's different. I no longer have the fear, dread and depression that is associated with this affliction. I now have the tools to deal with it.

Again, thank you.

IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #2463 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 3:41am

Wow Batch, that makes my fishing trips look pretty lame!!

Anyway, question for you all.

I was recently recommended by my Chiropractor that I take Turmeric to help with some back/muscle pain. I did some research and made up some 'Golden Paste'. The only thing is that it is also an anti-inflammatory and I don't want it to cause any issues with the D3 regimen.

There is this list of contraindications Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Anyone else have any experience of this at all?

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2464 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 11:32am

Hey Chuffy,

Go for it!  Curcumin is the anti-inflammatory component of Turmeric so given the choice, I'd pickup and use curcumin.

Curcumin is also one of my hole card supplements to suggest when CHers are still having problems preventing their CH with serum 25(OH)D up around 80 ng/mL and above and a week of Benadryl (Diphenhydramine HCL) has no effect. 

You can read this as curcumin can be added to the anti-inflammatory regimen to help increase the anti-inflammatory effect without any problems. 

I've a long time friend who battled with prostate cancer.  He's been taking curcumin for the last 5 years and claims it has helped keep him cancer free.   He did a lot of research on curcumin doses and found 400 mg/day was optimum for him and further added he takes it with a spoonful of extra virgin coconut oil to aid in absorption.  He also suggests taking it with a meal as that much curcumin is equal to a couple curry dinners.

I just checked clinicaltrials.gov and there are 131 studies listed with curcumin listed as the intervention since 2000.  58 of these studies have been completed.  I've check a number of the completed studies and found that curcumin therapy was well tolerated with no problems noted at doses up to 12,000 mg/day (12 grams/day). 

The results in terms of primary and secondary outcome measures are good across a wide variety of medical conditions including cancers where it was listed as promising and very good for autoimmune disorders like Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2465 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:13pm

Hey Chuffy,
I am taking Turmeric for years, half teaspoon every evening in a bit of warm milk, i make sure it is organic turmeric powder. I' m getting it from UK from buywholefoodsonline.co.uk. In that warm milk I also put in a teaspoon of an indian herb called Ashwaganda and 1 teaspoon of Organic red maca powder.
Turmeric is a great anti inflamatory and has lots of benefits, it is suppose to help the guts and the digetive system, some people say it has cancer prevention properties. Try read up about it, you'll soon be convinced.
All the best.
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:13pm by thierry »  

IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #2466 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 2:52pm

Thanks Batch and Thierry,

Yes I have read loads about it and am making what they call 'Golden Paste', which is basically Turmeric, Raw Coconut Oil and Black Pepper. I just wanted to check I wasn't going to over 'de-flame' as it were  Grin

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2467 - Oct 5th, 2016 at 2:01am

that's great Chuffy.
My partner is an Ayurvedic practioner, she recommends 5% black pepper mixed in to the turmeric to aid the body absorb the turmeric.
All the best

IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #2468 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 4:10pm

By the way, are any of you folks on Facebook and if so what is it with OUCH??

The reason I ask is I was on there and joined the Ouch group and was surprised to see no mention of the D3 regimen.So I have brought the subject up a few times but usually get people that have never heard of it which is fair enough but then when I try to tell them about it I get shot down or worse still the post gets locked. It's quite frustrating when you get responses like this when you are trying to help people but unless Big Pharma are involved they are not interested. There are just endless posts of people saying the nasty stuff the Doc has put them on but as you know no-one ever gets proper relief from, I find it very frustrating.

Here is an example of two responses from a chap who just totally ignored someone else saying the regimen stopped their attacks in two weeks and just continued to berate me, the post was locked before i could reply:

Is there any science based study into the efficacy and safety of the D3 treatment regime? Has any science based study been able to replicate the claims made by 'Batch'? I'm very wary of the 'lone genius' although sometimes their discoveries are quite legitimate

I don't dispute that it has worked for you and others Rob but from a science perspective that isn't acceptable as evidence. If this regime is as effective as it is claimed to be why are there no clinical trials? Why hasn't a medical researcher picked up Batch's work and set up a funded double blind trial and submitted the results for peer review? I just don't get that at all.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2469 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 7:51pm

That has info where a neurologist is using D3 with her patients for CH and other health issues.

Batch has worked with her.

This should help answer questions around Batch being a "lone genius". He has also presented info on D3 to neurologists, including some leading ones in the CH field.

The last time I saw my neuro, she was very eager to make sure I was using D3 until I reminded her that I'd been using it for a few years and I'd been telling her all about it.

As for a trial, what is no doubt stopping this is the usual issue around CH trials, not many people get CH and a good trial costs a serious amount to do.

IP Logged

Chuffy
CH.com Veteran

It's just a ride.

x0||United_Kingdom||||
Reply #2470 - Oct 27th, 2016 at 7:36am

Thanks Mike, I have fired that back at them, see what happens.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2471 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 2:45am

Mornin Batch,

How are you?

I am wondering if i could have your opinion on these magnesiums.
It is time i stock up again.

I usually got the large tub of magnesium citrate and they work well. I take 2 tablets for 400mg

I also sometimes get this magnesium malate but having to take 3 tablets for 425mg means that they are full of fillers

I have seen this one from life extension and am wondering whether or not to get it

What do you think?

All the best to you and yours  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2016 at 2:51am by thierry »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2472 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 4:01pm

Hey Thierry,

They all look good.  As long as you're not troubled by osmotic diarrhea, I'd go for the best bang for the buck or pop for the pound.  In your case, it appears the Life Extension magnesium is the better buy.   It's also formulated with a blend of different magnesium salts, oxide, citrate, succinate, TRAACS magnesium lysyl glycinate chelate. 

I've been taking magnesium oxide liquid softgels since I switched off the calcium citrate to get more magnesium.  The brand I've used is Nature Made High Potency Magnesium 400 mg Liquid Softgel, 150 Ct

I buy it at Costco when it's on sale to get the best price.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

slacker032
CH.com Old Timer

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #2473 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 4:07pm

Life Extension is what I'm currently taking based on Labdoor.com's review.

IP Logged

thierry
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Galway, Ireland
Reply #2474 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 5:32pm

Hey Batch,
Thanks for your helpful and detailed reply.
I'll give the Life extension Magnesium a shot and see how i react to them.
I haven't yet suffered from osmotic diarrhea from Magnesium.
I'm feeling very healthy at the moment, am grateful for that.
Taking turmeric and probiotic every day on top of the regimen.
Thanks for everything.
All the best
Kind regards

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 107
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!