Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Dale's Black Eye Palsy, a Cause of Cluster Headach (Read 18670 times)
dauber
Ex Member

Re: Dale's Black Eye Palsy, a Cause of Cluster Headach
Reply #25 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 10:57am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

lifer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com! We make
it great!

Reply #26 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 12:46pm

This is Page 2.

Go back one page.

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2017 at 7:02pm by lifer »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 1:15pm

lifer wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 12:46pm:
  Thanks for everyone’s interest in this idea.
  I’m sorry if I have made any of you uncomfortable.  If my idea is too far out there for you, I understand.
  What I would like is a discussion regarding the merits and shortcomings of my postulate.  Could this be possible?  Does anyone else find it fits their symptoms?  My made up title is just a way to identify this particular idea, which fits my symptoms.
  Whether my idea pans out or not, we will still be haunted.  We will still have cluster headaches, whether it’s primary or secondary.
  Even if what I claim is found true, no one will help.  There is no approved surgery for my suspected cause.  No one is trained to perform it.  You’re likely to be made worse in an attempt to fix it.  I find no comfort in that.  It’s just our situation.
  I have found ways to comfort my nerves, reduce my pain, reduce my dysfunction, and reduce my attacks.  This may not be your thing.  That’s okay.  I’m totally convinced it’s mine.
  I moved forward when I stopped focusing on the pain, and started paying attention to my dysfunction.  The pain is unreliable.  It can be too much and overwhelm you, or go numb and trick you.  The dysfunction is a lot easier to discern and provides a reliable indication of nerve distress.
  I consider nasal stuffiness to occur between open and plugged.
  To clear up any confusion, I suggest that you stay away from a chiropractor for this condition.  However, I have noticed we tend to hold our heads.  Head holding is good, especially in the right spots.
  I would hold my head for hours.  Now, I can use gravity to hold it instead.
  I realize I use lots of medical terms about our medical condition.  It’s just how I think about it.  If my words are giving any of you trouble, please have me try explaining myself a different way.  I am trying my best to clearly express this idea.

This thread was started to discuss a particular possible cause, Dale’s Black Eye palsy.  If you’re still interested in exploring this, thank you.

You use gravity to hold your head says it all.

Potter

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #28 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:14pm

OP didn't deserve that much bashing.

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:10pm

Scorpion wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:14pm:

Nor do we need his adamant bullshit.

Potter

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #30 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 5:31pm

Quote:

Potter

Speak for yourself, Potter, but don't speak for me. I'll read whatever I please.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 6:24pm

AussieBrian wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 5:31pm:
Quote:

Potter

Speak for yourself, Potter, but don't speak for me. I'll read whatever I please.

Knock yourself out.  Ten minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Potter

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #32 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 6:31pm

I thought I was beyond flabbergasted.....and had only guessed this.....

"My made up title is just a way to identify this particular idea, which fits my symptoms."

Holy shit....READ THAT!  Do you want to base ANY of your actions re CH on a thought process
like that!?  I stand by my so-called "bashing".................
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2017 at 6:35pm by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

lifer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com! We make
it great!

Reply #33 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 9:04pm

Thanks everyone for all your interest.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:27pm by lifer »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 12:43am

Lifer wrote, Head Holding
  We’ve all done it at times.  How many times have you heard, “Are you okay?”?   I had a hard time understanding this compulsion of mine.
  Only now, armed with this new knowledge, I want to open my bad orbit.
  Most of us press the temple.  Pressing the temple acts to open the orbit.  We have figured out how to help ourselves.   
  Head holding helps to reduce one of the four orbit floor stressors.  The load of the forehead compresses the bone, and with it the nerves.  I feel we hold our heads to help support this load and maintain an ‘open’ orbit.
  A problem I have is being able to hold my head manually with a constant force.  Sometimes I push too hard, other times, not enough.  I have found the steady constant force of gravity to be much more soothing.
  Moving the head’s center of gravity will change the skull’s stress distribution.  Two beneficial movements for me are:  lift the nose slightly, until the head is just past balanced on the neck, and second, tilt the head slightly to the good side.  If it’s bad, I do both.  This is letting gravity do the work for me; gravity is ‘holding’ my head.  My earlier 'pillow talk' is also gravity helping/holding.
  I am still searching for a comfortable way to look directly down at the ground.  This posture adds the weight of the rearhead to the weight of the forehead, and cantilevers it out over the orbit.  I manually hold my head to look directly down.
  Dynamic loading is the worst for me.  That is, when my head moves around.  The moving load produces sudden spikes of force.  These load spikes cause me the greatest nerve distress, and thus build up distress the fastest.  I am very careful how I hold my head while I’m moving.
  Why do you think we hold our heads?  Sure, because of the pain, but I think there’s more to it than that.  I feel compelled to hold my head even before the pain begins and after it is gone.  This need to support the forehead explains to me why I am so compelled to hold my head.

I've never read so much bullshit in all my days as a clusterhead! If I had as many $$$$$$$$$$$$$ as I've spent holding my head, pushing and shoving my temple, groaning in agony, whilst trying to abort the beast, I would be a rich man now.

Anyways, time for me to go and wrap myself head to toe in bubble wrap to stop those nerves moving about and keep the beast at bay.

Hoppy
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2017 at 7:22am by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #35 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 1:05am

Every now and then I look to see if there are any new advances for cluster headache treatments.

I have offered my treatment of ketogenics, intermittent fasting, exercise and some meditation. I had a setback from a red meat allergy due to a tick bite, so I had to relearn my diet and I am less ketogenic now. Minus the fact that I get serotonin storms and  shadows during a cycle, it has been 100% effective for me. I feel like a million bucks using my treatment. It has worked for me for years. Get's bashed every time I bring it up.

I believe that if we read with the understanding that sometimes CHers haven't slept a night for weeks or even months. They can develop chemical imbalances that come and go. They are human, and may be having a bad day. There are a lot of things that effect us. Then maybe a little kindness is due to your brother or sister. No bigger waste of time and life than spending it angry and hurting others. I would use that energy to spend time with your friends and enjoy life a little.

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 1:30am

Every now and then I look to see if there are any new advances for cluster headache treatments.

Me too...

I have offered my treatment of ketogenics, intermittent fasting, exercise and some meditation. I had a setback from a red meat allergy due to a tick bite, so I had to relearn my diet and I am less ketogenic now. Minus the fact that I get serotonin storms and  shadows during a cycle, it has been 100% effective for me. I feel like a million bucks using my treatment. It has worked for me for years. Get's bashed every time I bring it up.

Good for you...red meat allergy...et al...some of us been there....re ch....??????

I believe that if we read with the understanding that sometimes CHers haven't slept a night for weeks or even months. They can develop chemical imbalances that come and go. They are human, and may be having a bad day. There are a lot of things that effect us. Then maybe a little kindness is due to your brother or sister. No bigger waste of time and life than spending it angry and hurting others. I would use that energy to spend time with your friends and enjoy life a little.

Now THAT is a cogent, concise and reasoned argument....placed in the WRONG place. The whole damn purpose of this site is to help fellow bros and sis fight this demon...nobody else understands.
BUT...it means that we must be diligent in our considerations.... and CAUTIOUS re some of the otherworldly opinions expressed on what seems like a constant basis. Me?...well...after 30+ yrs I can smell bullshit without a second thought......like THIS thread. Some new folks may NOT...I worry about them...How about YOU!?
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2017 at 1:31am by jon019 »  

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

lifer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com! We make
it great!

Reply #37 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 1:57pm

Thank you for hanging in there through all of this.  You’re already a champion and survivor.  We’ll make it.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:28pm by lifer »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 2:49pm

To paraphrase the OP.   Some folks are triggered by heat and others by cold.

Some abort with cold and others with heat.

Potter

IP Logged

lifer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com! We make
it great!

Reply #39 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 3:06pm

Quote:
To paraphrase the OP.   Some folks are triggered by heat and others by cold.

Some abort with cold and others with heat.

Potter

No, not at all.  I'm expressing how my dysfunction affects me, in regard to temperature.
  Triggers are a separate issue.  Although, triggers are affected by temperature.
  Heat and cold are NOT busters.  They help us maintain appropriate temperature.

Please feel free to express your own ideas.

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 3:15pm

You need to learn the lingo grasshopper.  Abort and bust are not the same.

Potter

IP Logged

lifer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com! We make
it great!

Reply #41 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:42pm

Let me know if you want more.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:28pm by lifer »  

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #42 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 6:29am

Quote:
You need to learn the lingo grasshopper.  Abort and bust are not the same.

Potter

What's the difference?

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #43 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:16am

You abort an individual attack and you bust a CH series of attacks.  Kinda like abortives and preventatives.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:35pm

lifer wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
  Let me know if you want more.

Nope.

Potter

IP Logged

Scorpion
CH.com Junior

lemons to lemonade

KCMO
Reply #45 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:56pm

Quote:
Good for you...red meat allergy...et al...some of us been there....re ch....??????

The ketogenic diet is my preventive.
The fasting is to bust a cycle. (cycles are shadows and serotonin only since keto)
The exercise (cardio) is to abort an attack. (haven't needed this since keto)
The meditation is for all three and me.

Because red meat is a big part of a standard keto diet, I must stay true to what I say.
So I offer the fact that red meat is not included.

Life's a garden, dig it.

IP Logged

CDog
CH.com Veteran

Rockies
Reply #46 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 1:09pm

I'll keep reading...

IP Logged

lifer
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com! We make
it great!

Reply #47 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 6:09pm

Take it easy on that noggin.

« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm by lifer »  

IP Logged

dauber
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 12:04am

TIL OP is scorpion is troll

IP Logged

dauber
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Jan 17th, 2017 at 12:20am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!