Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thought provoking (Read 2767 times)
Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Thought provoking
Jan 12th, 2019 at 11:14am

Hello all,

A friend in the European CH group I am involved with sent the following message.

I think this is a subject that we should not shy away from, difficult as it is to deal with.

“Best friends,

First of all, my very best wishes for the new year.

I also want to report that a CH companion that I personally know has chosen to stop his suffering in a controlled manner yesterday. 20 years of CH without hope of further treatment made him make that decision. We can only wish this man the eternal best wishes.......

......To my knowledge this is the first CH patient in Belgium where euthanasia is permitted. This man also got neurostimulator but in vain.

For privacy reasons I do not publish his name

Let us hope that this should not happen to anyone”.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: Thought provoking
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 6:08pm

That's very sensitively handled, Peter. 

Well done.

Brian.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 8:02pm

Total agreement with what Brian said.

Only those who know CH first hand can understand the impact of CH, especially uncontrolled CH.

IP Logged

John2
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 9:46pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Cry

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 12:06am

John2 wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 9:46pm:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Cry

The above URL didn't work for me - try this one:
  • Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Very hard to watch, morally complex and there are no simple answers around this subject.

I couldn't watch it all.

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 7:43am

It saddens me deeply.

It is proof, if proof were needed, that the value of peer support from places like Clusterheadaches.com and others, should not be underestimated.

Also, it emphasizes the need for much more research to be done into the condition, both cause and effect.

I have said it time and time again, to anyone who will listen in my little corner of the world, that the psychological impact of CH is seriously neglected.

Peter.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 9:03am

So tragic - that poor young man.  I don't know what to say.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2019 at 11:33pm

I came to tears when reading this. It is not about suicide, it's about ending this pain forever. I've been there. 30 years and it is still unacceptable. Finding ways to keep going is our most important action.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

ErnestBol
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 7:04am

I've got shivers all over my body after reading that. God bless his soul. I agree, an open discussion is necessary about this on a global society level imo.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2019 at 7:23am

G'day Ernest,  welcome,  and I agree with you completely.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!