Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 1:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Suicide and CH/Migraine Patients »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Suicide and CH/Migraine Patients
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Suicide and CH/Migraine Patients  (Read 3160 times)
Sean_C

Email

Re: Suicide and CH/Migraine Patients
« Reply #50 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 4:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 24th, 2005, 4:01am, BobG wrote:

'Phantom' clusters have been dicussed here (a long time ago).

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/59810.html

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/1dc5ee.htm

Bob no offence but in my 26 years I've never had a "kip 10" phantom cluster. How can you call a cluster attack a "kip 10" if you didn't feel it? Maybe Toms "kip 10's" are my tiny shadows I guess. If thats the case do I say that "would've been a kip 10 if I felt it"?

I'm not buying it, I feel my own pain, and its without question unbearable to say the least. You will never hear me say I cannot feel my clusters because if I can't feel it I'm not getting one Grin  

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow because I have a really bad toothache but it doesn't hurt.

Tom might have CH, I'm no doc, but he definately has something else going on and its worth investigating if it were my head, maybe he has an opportunity to get some relief. Wish I could.

Sean.............................................
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 4:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sean with respect I've heard several people talking about phantom clusters, I do believe they do happen although they have never happend to me personally what I do not believe however is that you can assign a kiip rating to a phantom cluster. If all you are having is the autonomic symptoms and no pain then how the hell can it be a kip anything since kip ratings are based on PAIN?! That bit makes no sense not the rest of it for me.
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #52 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 5:01pm »

I want phantom clusters then Grin Hell, I've had more than my fair share of non phantom clusters thats for sure  Wink

A phantom cluster is a medical term for shadows then I'll take it. Those people in Bobs link skipped there cycle and were hampered by shadows. I have no other explanation. JMHO of course. Grin

Sean.....................
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 5:03pm »

on Aug 22nd, 2005, 5:58am, CHTom wrote:
If we are going to split hairs, yes, sometimes I do feel it for a few seconds when very distracted, sometimes even for a few minutes and sometimes I feel it very much no matter how distracted I am by other things, believe it or not.

Heres where he back peddles...hes a fucking troll

Makes an outrageous comment and then argues it, thats the troll MO

Anyone notice that he showed up as Hdildo stopped posting?, or that he posts JUST like Hdildo/John?.....and that he argues the same topics as Hdildo/John? (Go look at the Cindy Sheehan thread)

I told you all this in the above mentioned thread Roll Eyes

Keep feeding the troll, Christ!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #54 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 5:08pm »

I didn't read it bro but I knew something was fucked up.  

I was born during the day but it wasn't yesterday Grin

The King uncovers the plot again Grin

Thanks bud

Sean................................
IP Logged
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #55 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 6:35pm »

life sucks
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #56 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 6:57pm »

On Phantom Attacks..........I've had one in 28 years and it happened during my last cycle. The familiar pressure started at the base of my neck and radiated upward towards the side and top of my head along with the blocking of my sinus. Seemed like all the players for the cluster attack were there except the pain. This lasted about ten minutes and then the symptoms were gone.  Since the Kip scale is a measure of pain, I don't see how one could assign a Kip level to a Phantom Attack since no pain is involved.

Bob
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #57 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 7:25pm »

on Aug 24th, 2005, 6:57pm, Chillrmn1 wrote:
On Phantom Attacks..........I've had one in 28 years and it happened during my last cycle. The familiar pressure started at the base of my neck and radiated upward towards the side and top of my head along with the blocking of my sinus. Seemed like all the players for the cluster attack were there except the pain. This lasted about ten minutes and then the symptoms were gone.  Since the Kip scale is a measure of pain, I don't see how one could assign a Kip level to a Phantom Attack since no pain is involved.

Bob  

Shadow, add a nuicence pain to the equasion and now you have a pain in the asss shadow Wink
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #58 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 7:42pm »

on Aug 24th, 2005, 6:57pm, Chillrmn1 wrote:
I don't see how one could assign a Kip level to a Phantom Attack since no pain is involved.

This is the key, Bob is dead on!.......How can you Kip it if theres on pain?

Fucking Troll
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 8:13pm »

Psssst....here he comes Grin
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #60 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 8:14pm »

When I started kudzu, I had incidents where I had all the autonomic symptoms of a high kip, but none of the pain. In that case it wasn't that I was distracted from any pain...it was the kudzu blocking the pain receptors.
I knew they were high kips because of the amount of change in my facial features. The excessively runny nose, eye drooping to the point of almost closing, swelling and tearing. On the kudzu thread I mentioned looking into the mirror and seeing a k9 face. Someone asked me what breed I looked like. LOL
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #61 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 8:27pm »

on Aug 24th, 2005, 8:13pm, Jonny wrote:
Psssst....here he comes Grin

ROTFLMMFAO you fucking kill me  crackup crackup crackup
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #62 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 8:31pm »

Quote:
I don't usually feel my CH pain, even if it is at a kip 10; I think that the reason is that our brain is distracted from the pain by the stress and taskings

Get those taxes out, consolidate those loans, close on that contract, or ask the boss for a raise.  Maybe that'll help.    

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2005, 10:18pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #63 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 5:01am »

on Aug 23rd, 2005, 8:31pm, Sean_C wrote:

painless clusterheadaches do not excist.

We are talking about 2 separate things here.
Thing 1....Clusters with pain and measurable on the Kip Scale.
Thing 2....Cluster without pain, aka Phantom. No pain but the symptoms are present.

You are correct Sean. A Kip 10 cannot be a painless cluster.
I was refering to your statement that "painless clusterheadaches do not excist."
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2005, 5:27am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #64 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 6:06am »

Thank you, BobG.  We're talking about separate issues, comparing apples with oranges, and coming up with motor cars.

I've had "attacks" with no pain at all and thought, 'My God. If this one was real it would blow the Kip scale off the map!'

Just wish they were all like that.  I'd wear the hang-dog eye as a badge of pride and accomplishment.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #65 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 6:36am »

"Just wish they were all like that.  I'd wear the hang-dog eye as a badge of pride and accomplishment."

Me too Brian, me too.

Bob

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #66 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 4:06pm »

on Aug 25th, 2005, 6:06am, AussieBrian wrote:
I've had "attacks" with no pain at all and thought, 'My God. If this one was real it would blow the Kip scale off the map!'  

How in the hell can you say that if you had no pain?

I like you and love your humor, Brian, but, that statement is "Off the map" all on its own!

There is NO possible way to tell Kip anything if theres no pain......If someone thinks im wrong on this...please tell me why.
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #67 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 4:52pm »

I remember when Todd brought that subject to the board, so I started paying attention.  Mike gets the phantom (we call them "silent"Wink attacks, usually when in remission.

But...he doesn't always realize he's getting them, because he doesn't feel any pain.  So how could he assign it a pain value?  I always see it though, his pupils become different sizes.  It's usually right around the time he gets home from work too (i.e. relaxation time).  He does stuff up a bit on his cluster side, but if he's in remission he usually doesn't make the cluster connection (he has allergies) - either that or he just doesn't WANT to go there.  But they are definitely cluster activity of some kind, because the pupils revert to normal after 45 minutes.    

Interestingly, there is also a painless migraine variation out there.  Just the aura phase but the pain phase doesn't develop.  Occular migraine.  Still freaks the hell out of a migrainer but it's over quick and the pain just doesn't come.  

We're a lot of fun at parties, Mike and me, if we're in this painless state.  Mike gets the "monkey eyes" and me, I'm just a little more stupid than usual, but neither one of us is in pain, so we're still smilin.  Scares the crap outta most folks.  Smiley
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #68 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:08pm »

Quote:
I don't usually feel my CH pain, even if it is at a kip 10; I think that the reason is that our brain is distracted from the pain by the stress and taskings, but, like you said, once the stress is over, the CH pain returns  

I DO feel the pain and get hit 4-6 times a day, usually starting when I wake up or about an hour later; but there are times when the mind can be distracted from the pain for short periods of time

You're not wrong Jonny.  He is not referring to phantom hits.  There is pain involved in these hits, as high as a Kip 10, but he is able to be distracted from the pain, even a Kip 10.   Sometimes.  

Not when it's beyond what you can endure  = Kip 10  
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #69 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:44pm »

on Aug 25th, 2005, 5:01am, BobG wrote:

We are talking about 2 separate things here.
Thing 1....Clusters with pain and measurable on the Kip Scale.
Thing 2....Cluster without pain, aka Phantom. No pain but the symptoms are present.

Bob,

Thing 1 is obvious, we all know all to well what a clusterheadache feels like.

Thing 2 is in my observations of my own perspective a "shadow" rather than a "phantom" cluster. I think we're talking about the same thing. Its a "cluster attack" just not the debilitating kind. We all suffer from shadows or at least most of us, should we begin to call them phantom clusters now instead? As for painless clusters I don't suffer from that syndrome, I only get the painful ones.

PFDAN to all

Sean................................................
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:59pm by Sean_C » IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #70 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:50pm »

OK, Im going to say it and I want everyone to fucking read it!!!

IF THERES NO PAIN, ITS NOT A FUCKING CLUSTERHEADACHE!

You have a fucking Meegraine Damn it!!!!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #71 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:50pm »

Sean, I've only experienced "phantom hits" when on kudzu and now psilocybin. Since both have an effect on the pain receptors, I have to think the pain was "blocked" in some way. The attack was happening while the pain receptors were out of order, so to speak.  Not the same as saying I didn't feel it because I was able to distract myself. Shadows are different for me. There's nothing "phantom" about them, just less pain than a full blown attack.
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:57pm »

on Aug 25th, 2005, 7:50pm, nani wrote:
Sean, I've only experienced "phantom hits" when on kudzu and now psilocybin. Since both have an effect on the pain receptors, I have to think the pain was "blocked" in some way. The attack was happening while the pain receptors were out of order, so to speak.  Not the same as saying I didn't feel it because I was able to distract myself. Shadows are different for me. There's nothing "phantom" about them, just less pain than a full blown attack.

Hello!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #73 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 8:00pm »

on Aug 25th, 2005, 7:57pm, Jonny wrote:

Hello!

Hellooo...
 Tongue
Go read the original kudzu thread. The reason we know it's a CH is because you can "see" it happening on your face. I don't know about you, but, I do not normally have a swollen, droopy, teary eye and a runny, snotty nose when I'm not having a CH.
IP Logged

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #74 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 8:01pm »

Nuff said I'm with the King, next thread I'm moving on laugh
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  6 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss