Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 11:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What I'm trying now »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   What I'm trying now
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What I'm trying now  (Read 16293 times)
Chillrmn1

Email

Re: What I'm trying now
« Reply #175 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nani,

I don't have all the words to describe my happiness for you....CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've always been here to welcome new people, offer help and advice, and support us all.

Of all people, you most certainly deserve this relief and PF time..........long may it continue! Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Sincerely,
Bob
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #176 on: Sep 19th, 2005, 10:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thank you all for the congrats and good wishes.  Smiley
I love you all. I've spent most of today floating around on cloud 9.  
I know the war isn't over, but I've won an important battle, and in the process, learned what my best weapon is. I won't update this thread unless things change for the worse, or I take a maintance dose.  
Thank you all.
hugs, nani the episodic...gosh I just LOVE saying that!  Grin
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #177 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 3:25pm »

Wahhh!   bigcry
Sorry, I had to indulge myself and let out a big whine. Well, I guess a new episode has started...   Undecided
I have to drive a 75 mile round trip most afternoons to pick up kids in Albuquerque. It's been hot. And stormy. And when the sun shines, it's really bright. 3 big triggers. On Wednesday, during that drive, I had a 15 minute, k2 shadow. I wasn't concerned and figured I'd
watch for more signs. Yesterday, I got hit. It was different, though. It took a full 30 minutes to ramp up to a k8, but it was that sharp, burning, unmistakable pain. It was as if I could feel the pain spreading by the millimeter. Which, in a way, made it much harder to deal with. But in a way, being that I was stuck in the middle lane of the Interstate during rush hour traffic, it made it possible for me to get home before it reached it's peak. The other kid in the carpool kept asking why my head was so close to the A/C, my 12 y.o. said..."OH, she must have a headache. Don't talk to her, she'll just grunt back." LOL When the hit started, I did a very tiny SPUT...more like a sliver, since I was driving. Perhaps that slowed it down?
Anyway, my eye was tearing and my nose was running, but in Slo-mo. When I got home I got my icepack and another SPUT and rocked for another 30 minutes. Then it started to SLOWLY ramp down. Total time:
2 hours 45 minutes. I don't recall ever having such a long one. I'm still sore. I continued to have heavy shadows into the evening and during the night. I probably woke up a dozen times.  
So, this morning I dosed with 4 HBWR seeds. Since 6 made my chest feel uncomfortable last time, I decided to stay with a low dose. As I expected, I have NO psychedelic (or other) effects, and I've been shadowing on and off through the treatment.  
Last October, I had a severe "cycle", so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. And...35 days PF is DAMN good!

I'll keep you posted.   hugs, nani
IP Logged

Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #178 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 3:41pm »

Hi Nani,

Sorry to hear you're gettin hit. Please keep us updated on your results and progress. Hope to see you're PF tomorrow!

Wishing you the best,
Bob
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #179 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 10:23pm »

I'm happy to report that my head is "empty" tonight.  Smiley
I shadowed until 7 PM and have been PF and clear since.
IP Logged

rextangle

Email

« Reply #180 on: Sep 25th, 2005, 2:17pm »

Dammit Nani! That sucks... I hope that it won't come back!
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #181 on: Sep 26th, 2005, 2:22pm »

Aw, Nani, sorry to hear about the random hit...i know about those LOL....seems like my biggest trigger rite now is stress...this causes my bulging discs in my neck to act up thus triggering my chs....but i can also relate to getting too much sun and heat and it triggering the chs....I am praying for you ....I wish I had the nerve to get off all meds and try the treatment again...with working `12 to 16 hours a day, all i can rely on is imitrex shots...that sucks bigtime...hang in there, sis...and know prayers are going up for you!  smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #182 on: Sep 26th, 2005, 10:30pm »

I know what you mean Nancy. The detox is the scariest part for most of us. I was lucky, I guess, since I haven't been able to use triptans for so long. When I got hit on Friday, I realized that if I'd had trex, I probably would have reached for it. SPUTS can help with detox hits, if you ever want to try again.
Meanwhile, I'm not worried. Since I dosed on Sat, I've only had very mild, "fluttery" shadows. I'm going to keep plugging away at this. It may fail me eventually, but because of the in-frequency (is that a word?) of the dosing, it could take a REALLY long time until the beast figures it out and morphs. Or...maybe it'll work forever... Smiley
Thanks all. hugs, nani
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

Re: What I'm trying nowI
« Reply #183 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 7:01am »

I'm so sorry the beast paid you a visit.  Let's just hope that was his way of saying goodbye forever to you.

Love you much.  

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #184 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 11:05am »

on Sep 26th, 2005, 10:30pm, nani wrote:
Or...maybe it'll work forever... Smiley
Thanks all. hugs, nani

Yep, keep battling nani, one never knows Smiley

-Lee
IP Logged
Brinkleigh
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #185 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 12:24pm »

I'm new to this site, but I've been reading about your "other" alternative ...  
my husband is a little like you, every med he is on he seems to get ammune to ... by "other" alternative can you be a little more specific ... I think we would like to try this also.  I think I know, but ...  

Thanks and good luck
Sheri
IP Logged
SteCo
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #186 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 4:32pm »

on Sep 27th, 2005, 12:24pm, Brinkleigh wrote:
 I think I know, but ...  

Hi Sheri.....look here --> www.clusterbusters.com  
Warning on the trex (I saw your other thread)..for some folks, the trex may cause rebounds. So keep an eye on that just in case.  

Try the O2 again..check out the oxygen button on the left of this screen to be sure your O2 setup is as recommended, this must be followed to a "T" for it to work quickly.....better to use that than the trex IMHO

Also....with the alt. therapy method, it is advised to detox/(taper down and off, if the med is as such) from all CH meds for about a week, easier said than done for sure, but some of those meds may actually block the good/healing effects of alt. therapy. Another item that may make detox more bearable; for some folks, the intensity and frequency of CH's may actually decrease YMMV. Again, the O2 may be of help with the detox period (and may start working again) and provide additional aid with the therapy treatments.  

Good luck on your research!
SteCo
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #187 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 6:30pm »

Thanks for getting that, Steve.  Smiley
Look into it Sheri. The best treatment I've tried so far!

Still experiencing teeny-tiny shadows.  
hugs, nani
IP Logged

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #188 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 8:12pm »

hug's  for you nani!

wow! 35 days was amazing..and so is evey PF moment now that you can start counting again! Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2005, 8:13pm by lionsound » IP Logged
Brinkleigh
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #189 on: Sep 28th, 2005, 11:56am »

Thank You for the great info, I just read the entire information on Clusterbusters ... It is so amazing and informative ... I'm going to talk to my husband about it, it may be a route that will have to consider.  We will just have to see.  He is an eposodic not chronic, so I'm not sure.  I know that he is willing to do anything, just seems scary to lose the Imitrex ...
I will tell you all that last night, he took melatonin for the first time and did not have 1 headache!  Yeah, he slept through the night ... What an awesome feeling!  We'll have to see how it goes - he has been 24 hours of pf, for now.  He still isn't up to par, but at least we've kept the beast out of control, for now.

Thanks for all of the info and great support!
Sheri
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #190 on: Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:35pm »

Let us know how things work out, Sheri.  Smiley

Update:
Well, after my last dose, I had a week of shadowing. Mostly easy, short shadows. On Sunday, I got hit twice. And today I got hit once. So, tonight I dosed with another 5 HBWR seeds, soaked for 3 hours.  
Again, no noticeable effects, and no pain or discomfort in my chest. I shadowed for about 15 minutes during the treatment, but have been clear and PF since. I'll let you know.  Smiley
hugs, nani
IP Logged

ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #191 on: Oct 4th, 2005, 8:36am »

I'm glad that this is working for you Nani. We *will* find a way to stay  PF

Ozzy
IP Logged
cjc68
New Board Newbie
USA 

The beast always looses in the end!

christopherjc68  

« Reply #192 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 3:35am »

Glad to see that your hanging in there Nani! One of these days I will make it back home and when I do we will have to visit! I have another cycle starting but at least I had 60 PFD's. This time around I am trying prednisone, verapamil, zyprexa and O2.
Good Luck Nani! Talk to you later!
Chris
IP Logged
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #193 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 4:22pm »

Nani,
I'm Prayin for ya, and all you clusterheads. Im going into 3rd yr chronic and am ready to try what your doing Can ya help? Please send me in the direction. had the worst night last night, gettin hard to deal with. best wishes to you
Jackie
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #194 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 6:25pm »

Check your messages, Jackie.  Smiley

Update:
Tuesday was tough. I had post-dose hits and shadows. Yesterday was 98% PF and today I only shadowed a little. There's a huge storm system parked over my head, LOL... so it should be much worse.  
I've decided to "tough out" any hits for now. I have no O2 and I don't want to SPUT. (and I just can't get that Red Bull down, but I heard it may be bad for my heart, too.) I think I'll go back to shrooms if I have to dose again anytime soon, just to change things up a little. I figure the longer it's been since I've used psilocybin, the better it will work.  
Am I right? LOL  
hugs, nani
IP Logged

unsolved1

Email

« Reply #195 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:09pm »

Go Nani Go !! Woop the beast's ass !!

Best Wishes

Michael
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #196 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 11:55pm »

Thanks, ozzy, Chris and Michael.  Smiley
I am determined to whoop it's ass. I will beat it down to a bloody pulp someday... or die trying.  Wink
I've had enough.  Smiley
~nani...who can get really MEAN when pushed too far. LOL
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #197 on: Oct 7th, 2005, 12:21am »

on Oct 6th, 2005, 6:25pm, nani wrote:
I figure the longer it's been since I've used psilocybin, the better it will work.  
Am I right? LOL  
hugs, nani

For the most part, I would agree. In your case, at this point, I agree.

The only time I would disagree would be if you waited so long that the cycle regained a solid foothold, the shrooms might not "work" as well as if you'd used them sooner. But, in this scenario, its more a matter of the strength of the cluster cycle than the strength (read:effectiveness) of the psilocybin.

Let me try this analogy..( I love analogies LOL)
Most of us are old enough to remember the days of vinyl records and turntables.
Consider a cluster cycle as a turntable that has been turned on and has reached full speed (78 rpm for you really old people).
Consider your finger and the force it can apply, as psilocybin.
Press your finger down on the record and it will slow down. Press your finger down again (2nd dose) with an equal or even slightly less force as the first time, and it will stop completely.
If you allow the turntable to regain full speed and force, the 2nd applied pressure (dose) will only slow it down again and not stop it.

If you haven't applied pressure in a while, you have regained all your strength once again. (not using psilocybin for a while) If you once again have regained your full strength, and apply it to the already slowed turntable, chances of stopping it have increased....IMHO.

Hope that was semi-clear.  Grin

Now....some of you seem to be playing your records backwards and some seem to be scatched more than others (additional complications).....but those are analogies for another day  Wink

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
rextangle

Email

« Reply #198 on: Oct 7th, 2005, 7:35pm »

Here's Bob explaining his theory! Wink

and me trying to understand.... LOL
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2005, 7:37pm by rextangle » IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #199 on: Oct 7th, 2005, 8:17pm »

on Oct 7th, 2005, 7:35pm, rextangle wrote:
Here's Bob explaining his theory! Wink

Quite playing that platter backwards looking for hidden meanings.....Paul is dead!!!

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss