Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Obama/ Clinton Ticket for the democratic Race? (Read 15881 times)

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

St. Maarten/Neth. Antilles
Re: Obama/ Clinton Ticket for the democratic Race?
Reply #75 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:24pm

If he was born of one U.S. citzen he is entitled to U.S. citzenship with all rights to contest the presidency. This is not the same as becoming a U.S. citizen like Aaarnold for instance.
should I write a bit slower?

had to make that a bit clearer.
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:27pm by karma »  

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:28pm

karma wrote on Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:24pm:
If he was born of one U.S. citezen he is entitled to U.S. citzenship.
should I write a bit slower?

You may want to check with the constitution of this country that you dont live in!

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #77 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:31pm

come on dude how many times are we going to have to go over that?
Just got my passport renewed and at 46 I beleive it is my fifth one.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #78 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:33pm

You have to be a natural born citizen, not born here. He is since his mother is a US citizen.

Jonny, I bet you think he's muslim, don't you?

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #79 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:37pm

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

I'll give you time to read it. I copied it reeeeeel slow

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #80 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:37pm

The guy was born in Hawaii the last I heard. Not much of a problem there. It's been a state since 1959 and Obama is younger than that.

Of course this is the kind of crap we'll be getting when they go after Obama. Democrats should never never respond to this but if they do, they should always turn it around by saying that they are too busy on health care to worry about such nonsense. Karl Rove beat them to death with this kind of thing and Kerry Fell for it.

It's going to be fun to watch them go after Obama because they have to really dance around the elephant in the corner: Race.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:43pm by Charlie »  

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:49pm

karma wrote on Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:37pm:
I'll give you time to read it. I copied it reeeeeel slow

Thank you for copying it slow.  Kiss

The question stands....where is his birth certificate and why wont he produce it?

Why?.....got an answer for that?

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #82 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 9:54pm

I think charlie answered that pretty well. A little more refined than I put it before but the reason is pretty much the same. (Thanks charlie, you da man)
Now that we have established that he is eligable to run for president, why does it bother you so?

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:00pm

What does he have to hide?

I have to show my BC to get a passport and this guy cant show one to be my president?

How worried would you be?  Wink

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #84 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:09pm

Not at all. Think about what you are saying.
Don't you think that if his BC was a legitmate issue then someone with more credibility than a mickey mouse website would have made an issue of it?
Do you have any idea of the scrutiny Senatorial, and Presidential candidates get from the folks with black suits and dark shades?
come on dude give it up it's not an issue.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #85 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:09pm

It took 40 years for me to actually need a birth certificate. Local hospital records were all my lawyer said he needed. I got tired of it though after I inherited this place so I had one done.

Of course if this were really something to worry about, it would have come up in Senatorial races even though it isn't necessary. Those that are doing it now wouldn't have missed it. It's their style

GOD!

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:18pm

karma wrote on Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:09pm:
Not at all. Think about what you are saying.
Don't you think that if his BC was a legitmate issue then someone with more credibility than a mickey mouse website would have made an issue of it?
Do you have any idea of the scrutiny Senatorial, and Presidential candidates get from the folks with black suits and dark shades?
come on dude give it up it's not an issue.

Then why wont he show it if its not an issue?

Your arguement is weak.

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #87 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:22pm

I'm done. You figure it out.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:24pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I give a fuck because I live in this country....YOU DONT!!!!

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #89 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 10:37pm

temper, temper, Carefull you don't blow a gasket.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #90 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 12:02am

I confess that I'm as guilty as the rest of you. I fell for responding to this lunacy too.
Charlie Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
Reply #91 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 5:53am

Wink, is this it in a nutshell ? Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register the politicians should remember ' utopia ' does not exist !, only the quest - fight the good fight. by the people, for the people. andrew.

IP Logged

monty
CH.com Hall of Famer

The Swamp, Florida
Reply #92 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:51am

Quote:
Imply?.....why nothing, but why wont he give up his birth certificate?

Same attack-dog strategy we are seeing pop up all over the place ...  make a silly charge, and when Obama doesn't personally respond, it is used as 'proof' that the charges must be true.

If you have real evidence that any candidate is not a citizen, smokes crack, molests children, or shreds US currency for kicks, then come forward with it.  But to simply imply that something might be true since the candidate hasn't yet disproven them is muck.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:53am by monty »  

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #93 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 7:35pm

Simply, when 80% of the people hate the guy in charge, it's hard to find something safe to debate so staying away from debate is the answer. This is how it's done and it can be effective. I don't think it will work with the people on Obama's campaign staff. They can be tough to deal with.

Nice site Jonny. Nothing like a blog with Ann Coulter's insanity. That thing is beyond conservative or Republican. As I say, it's okay to be a conservative but it's not okay to be nuts. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #94 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 7:44pm

Charlie wrote on Jun 12th, 2008 at 7:35pm:
Simply, when 80% of the people hate the guy in charge, it's hard to find something safe to debate so staying away from debate is the answer.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Charlie

There you liberals go spouting insane numbers to prove your point.
Its only 76%. 

Grin

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 7:45pm

Remember, Charlie, even politics has become all about one thing: entertainment. If it sells (or grabs votes), it leads. Right, left, up, down, whatever. Wherever the sheeple will follow, they will lead.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #96 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:08pm

Obama now has a website to combat smear stuff.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Good, more objective U.S. news is usually in the Canadian news.   Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:10pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #97 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:31pm

Back in 1959 we had a back-stabbing contest kinda like this one - there was this guy who was a CATHOLIC that thought he wanted to be President -- Imagine a CATHOLIC being President... why goodness gracious - we'd have the Pope running the country... 

Of course we didn't have 24 hour TV back then -- we had to read all this stuff in the papers and listen to it on the radio.... but the country was in a dither about it...

But when the smoke cleared - that guy got elected to spite everything and the "presumptive nominee" of that day came out VP at convention. Go figure..... And the Pope didn't take over we all lived happily ever after (at least for the next three years).

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #98 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:37pm

Thanks for that link, Kevin. Look... here's Obama's birth certificate.  Roll Eyes

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #99 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 8:51pm

Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!