Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
New Very Scared Person.... (Read 18816 times)
UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Re: New Very Scared Person....
Reply #100 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 1:37am

Please please please don't let the depression beast get you!  When you feel it, just keep telling yourself that it is a chemical reaction in your brain, and when it balances out again, you will not feel this way.  I've been having terrible lows, too- just do whatever you have to to push on through!  And let us know how you're doing!

PS  where the hell did you get that avatar?!? it's HYSTERICAL!!!  Grin

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

laura
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Illinois
Reply #101 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 10:18am

Hello Scott!!!

I'm new to the site to but not to CH.  I'm sorry you are not getting any help from your neuro.  Keep at him.  Don't ever let any doctor tell you that they can't help you.  That's what they pay the big bucks for!!!  If your doc insists he can't help, find someone else or educate him yourself.  Bring in a headache diary and all the information you find on the internet. 

As for the Red Bull, I do find it knocks the shadows out and really helps with the O2.  On good days, I slam 1/2 a can before I start the O2 and within 5 minutes on O2, the CH is gone.  I then down the other 1/2 of the can.

I, too, get very hot at the start of a bad attack.  It feels like I am a turkey roasting in the oven.  Ice helps.  I also get a bad knot in my neck at the area where the neck and the head meet.  When my CH is subsiding, I get very cold, it can take me upto 20 minutes to warm up.

I hope you are doing better!!!

Laura

IP Logged

mrs mac
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|tobermory|Scotland||0|0|
Reply #102 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 6:11pm

Scott Lawrence wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 at 2:12pm:
Just an update.

Been diagnosed with depression? had a few good days, followed by what can only be described as sheer hell, I swear if I had a gun.

O2 eventually turned up today, yes today, 08/12/08, and guess what, turned up all wrong, wrong mask, wrong regulator, and the tiniest cannister I have ever seen in my life, I laughed when the guy turned up, then cried, then told him to fuck off with all the gear.

I'm not sure if you guys are brave or stupid, don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at you, I just don't know if I want to live with this shit for the rest of my life

scott please give the UK Helpline a call, i promise you they can help

01646 651 979

or pm  me your number and i will personally phone you back!!!

don't let this get you down, there is help out there!!!!!!

Sandra

IP Logged

darknight
CH.com Veteran

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight?

x0|Manchester|Great_Britain||0|0|
Reply #103 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 8:38am

Scott,

As you have read by now your not alone even though it may feel like it YOU ARE NOT ALONE, everyone on here has been through or gone through similar incidents and at some point have all felt that way regarding CH and the way it inpacts on our lives, i know from my own experience nothing is ever as bad as the begining and finding the help, meds, support you need but once one comes into place everything soon follows some sooner than others.

Good Luck PFD to all and keep fighting!!!

SI

This is My Gift My Curse!!

IP Logged

Scott Lawrence
CH.com Junior

Full Time Fighter Since
Nov 5th 2008

Mitcham, London
Reply #104 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 3:19pm

Right.....feeling slightly better today.....sorry if I went off on one the other day....I feel like a bit of an ass.....

O2 now sorted, 3 cannisters delivered. All correct. 12 litres per minute, 10/15 mins, all clear....although might need another mask, the one I've got is a bit crap....talk about flimsy....I think they got it from toys r us....

Topamax now at 100mg daily, no more 'nasty' side effects eg. pins and needles etc, getting a little forgetful, some may say stupid.....some may say I have always been like it.....

Melatonin ordered, should arrive 2/3 days, going to try 5mg 20 mins before bed for 1 week and see how I get on.

GP wants me to go on anti-depressants, that ain't happening.....

I think most of my mood swings are due to the amount of time I'm spending on my own, and therefore spending far too much time thinking bout these bloody hits......therefore I don't see the point of sticking more chemicals in more my body.....do I make sense?

Sandra, thanks for the offer, but now is not a good time for me to be speaking to people, Christmas is a really hard time for me without all this, I really do just need to be on my own until after all the festivities...

Thanks for all your help and support guys/girls.

I could really kill a beer..... Cry

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
“I enjoy convalescence. It is the part that makes the illness worth while.”
Scott Lawrence 652942399  
IP Logged

mrs mac
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #105 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Scott no worries, but the offer will still stand should you ever need it!!

10 - 15 mins on the oxygen may not be long enough to keep your attacks from coming back!!

the usual advice is to stay on it full blast for 10 mins then reduce (if you want) and stay on a further 10 mins, then when the attack has gone, stay on another 10 mins, and hopefully you shouldn't get any rebound attacks!!!

what kind of mask are you using???  it should be a non rebreather!!!

good luck

Sandra xxx

IP Logged

Scott Lawrence
CH.com Junior

Full Time Fighter Since
Nov 5th 2008

Mitcham, London
Reply #106 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:08pm

Its is a non-rebreather, it has a bag hanging from it....
It's just like....well really crap....just really flimsy, I have to cup it to my face as it doesn't 'grip to it, if you know what I mean, it's almost like the material is too thin/flexible around the edges, I'm not moaning though, I haven't had to inject all day!!!!! Smiley

Let me get this right, when I feel the beast coming on, whack the mask on, wait for the pain to go, which is about 10 mins, then leave it on another 10 mins? is that right?

x

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
Scott Lawrence 652942399  
IP Logged

mrs mac
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #107 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:25pm

you should aim to be on the O2 for about 25-30 mins!!

as i said, get on the O2 asap  after the attack starts, 10 mins will prob take away the severe pain, then another 10 for the attack to completely go, and once it's gone another 5 - 10 mins should kill it completely and stop any rebounds!!

but, Scott, after you have been using it a few times you should be able to work out what's the best way for you!!!

any more probs give me your no and i'll phone you and talk you through it!!!!

sandra xx

IP Logged

Scott Lawrence
CH.com Junior

Full Time Fighter Since
Nov 5th 2008

Mitcham, London
Reply #108 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:55pm

I honestly found that after 10/15 minutes I had no pain at all.....?????
Then again the pain hadn't hit full whack when I started.
I get a sensation in the back of my throat/neck and a really weird 'popping' like thing going on behind my right eye, as soon as I got that, I put the mask on and hit it., the pain then started to come, but never came on full whack, but after 10/15 mins, and after getting a slight head rush, it was all gone....

Next time though, I'll keep it on for 20mins in total and see how I get on.

Sandra, no matter how hard you try....your not getting my number!!!!!!!  lol  Wink  I'll gladly pass it on after the next few tough weeks have passed though. Thanks once again!

Scott
x

Scott Lawrence 652942399  
IP Logged

mrs mac
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #109 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:58pm

no probs Scott!!!

honestly I'm not a stalker!!!  Embarrassed Cheesy Roll Eyes

just want to make sure you are using the O2 the best way to help you mate!!!

good luck

Sandra xx

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #110 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 5:56pm

If you start getting headaches within 10-30 minutes of quitting the 02, try slamming an energy drink as soon as you start the 02. That works for many to prevent the "come backers!" Glad to hear oxygen's working for you, it's a beautiful thing aint it????   Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #111 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 7:04pm

Scott Lawrence wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:55pm:
I honestly found that after 10/15 minutes I had no pain at all.....?????
Then again the pain hadn't hit full whack when I started.
I get a sensation in the back of my throat/neck and a really weird 'popping' like thing going on behind my right eye, as soon as I got that, I put the mask on and hit it., the pain then started to come, but never came on full whack, but after 10/15 mins, and after getting a slight head rush, it was all gone....

You have no idea how it warms my heart to hear of success with O2.

My DH (Brewcrew) gets great relief from it and it's such an easy relatively side-effect-free way to abort these dastardly hits.

Glad to hear you're one of the lucky ones!!   Smiley Smiley

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

darknight
CH.com Veteran

Ever danced with the devil
by the pale moonlight?

x0|Manchester|Great_Britain||0|0|
Reply #112 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 8:13am

Hi Scott,

Ive been using 02 since Feb and Sandra is right, the more you use it the more you are able to judge what is best for you.
My main point is that if i feel one starting jump on the 02 immediately after that i sit with the mask on for at least 15 mins (timed) if i still have some pain i stay on for a further 5mins and usually im pain free. Worst thing to do is not to jump on the 02 when you first feel the beast start, if i do that i can be on longer and it rises up the kip scale.

Good Luck Scott

PFD to all!!

This is My Gift My Curse!!

IP Logged

Em
CH.com Alumnus

I wanna go...

St Peter Port, Guernsey.
Reply #113 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 5:46pm

Hey Scott,

Glad to see the o2 is working for you. My mask was really flimsy too and I had to put tape over the holes on the sides, but if it works, it works right?

Keep smiling. This damn thing hasn't killed any of us yet and it's not going to either. We win by staying strong.

Em
x

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Em emily.wensink 655755088  
IP Logged

Sixpack
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Honey Brook, PA
Reply #114 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 7:00pm

My old man always drank coffee in the afternoon on a hot summer day.  I never understood that.  Later, I learned that if you drink a hot liquid your body has to cool it down, thus cooling your body.  Much the same that they say not to drink a cold liquid when you are hot because your body will heat up to warm the drink to body temperature. 

When I was in boot camp we drank room temperature to warm water in the summer in South Carolina.  (Good ol' Parris Island)  It seemed to hydrate and cool better than cold water.  I would assume that drinking warm or hot coffee for you would provide more of a cooling effect than you would normally think.

Bud

IP Logged

Scott Lawrence
CH.com Junior

Full Time Fighter Since
Nov 5th 2008

Mitcham, London
Reply #115 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 3:54pm

Update...

O2 still kinda working, took 2 hits over the weekend it didn't touch and was forced to inject, finding it hard at night to get back to sleep after 20 mins with the mask on......any ideas?

Still not going out though, managing to go to work and back, only because I have tanks at both places, manage to go shops and stuff to get food early Sat before gets busy, find being around people stresses me out which in turn bring one on.....again any ideas??

Feel like I'm living just for the sake of living if you know what I mean, don't mean to bitch, but spend my time either at work or in my flat....not exactly a life....could it be that the paranoia of having an attack while out is bringing them on while out? If so, any ideas???

Thanks people.

Scott Lawrence 652942399  
IP Logged

Scott Lawrence
CH.com Junior

Full Time Fighter Since
Nov 5th 2008

Mitcham, London
Reply #116 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:15pm

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help.

I've decided that this isn't for me.

Your braveness amazes me and I applaud you for it, but please do not judge, what fits one, doesn't fit another.

Scott Lawrence 652942399  
IP Logged

BlueDog
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

SoCAL, USA
Reply #117 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 6:28pm

New Head Required...  I'm Bluedog, got ch's for the first time within weeks of when you did...  i am praying that the last 3 days will continue with no ch's and that the shadow's i've gotten in the mornings will go away also.  Dude... over 1700 times there have been people at this site reading this thread and I have been following your story also.  I'm sorry you haven't gotten the relief you desire as of yet.  I have taken to solitude myself during the past couple of months, it DOES make you anxious to know you could be somewhere without your abortive or medications.  I just wanted to comment on your last post and remind you of the quote you have in your profile...

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” “I enjoy convalescence. It is the part that makes the illness worth while.”

Don't let the beast control your life...  I am trying not to either and it is one of the most difficult battles I have had to endure.  I actually quit my job during this battle and have to find a new one real soon because I'm completely broke now.  I am just hoping that you don't give up on this site because it really does help to sound off when you need to and to receive input from others who share the pain.  No harm in lurking and chiming in when you want to.... just know that everyone here including myself is wishing you the best and we hope that you hang out a long time...  there's a place for all of us here.

Best of Luck to you for PFDAN's.

Bluedog

I'm surviving it all!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!