Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The best 15 dollars I ever spent (Read 27077 times)
airchairn
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

The best 15 dollars I ever spent
May 28th, 2009 at 11:11am

I have suffer for the last 5 years after a few thousand dollars and many night banging my head on the wall I tried Sinus Buster it is the only thing that has ever stopped my CH in it's tracks, I have as well found the benfits of cayenne pepper. I am 13 months with out the Beast

Airchairn

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Re: The best 15 dollars I ever spent
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2009 at 11:53am

You do realise that studies have been done on capsaicin to find if it was effective and showed no benefit? It's more likely your cycle ended by itself than that sinus buster worked.

We have suffered for years with their sales people hawking this site making outlandish claims about the efficacy of their product. There are more people here who have tried it to no avail than would concur with you I'm afraid.

It may "only" be $15 - but hawking fake claims and snake oil is very much against the ethos of this site and we strive to protect readers and members from being duped.

People in this kind of pain are very vulnerable. We will always listen readily but not in regard to this particular product because of it's offensive marketing and lack of effective beneficial relief.

If people wish to try sinus buster then I wish them luck. I would however be failing in my duty of telling both sides of the tale.

This isn't intended as anything personal against you, I hope you're pain free forever!

Regards
Helen

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2009 at 1:03pm

I'm with Helen. There has been a great deal of research into capsaicin and its pain relieving benefits. I have no doubt in a few years there will be various forms of it that will prove beneficial to many different pain types, including ours! It's current form is just annoying enough to take your mind off of the pain in your head. Smashing your toe with a ball peen hammer will have similar effects!! Wink

Hoping your remission lasts forever. Headache pain, of any type, sucks! If they do come back, I'd strongly suggest you check out the oxygen info link on the left. It's enjoying an incredible success rate on the board. It's cheap, no side effects, and can abort attacks in under 10 minutes. Certainly worth a shot!

Sending pain free wishes your way.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #3 - May 29th, 2009 at 4:33am

i used sinus buster and it didn't do anything except make me $15 poorer. Sad

perhaps it works for sinus headaches but i've never used it for that. i know 4way nasal spray helps but not by itself.
« Last Edit: May 29th, 2009 at 4:37am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 1:04am

If anyone is checking this chain I have some updated info:
I have tried sinus buster and it's very affective (for now).  I was reluctant to try, based on this post and my own feelings that it was too general to work on our exclusive pain.
Well I am glad I tried it.  I actually had a bottle from my last episode in 2007.  By the time I bought the spray my cycle had ended so I never had a chance to try until now.

The first beast attack was completely aborted a few days ago (I am at the beginning of a 3-4 month bi-annual cycle).  It seems that more is needed to keep the beast at bay, and time may prove it inaffective.  But for now it works and I have dealt with this horrible pain for 2 decades.
My advice is to try it and be thankful it's only 10 - 20 bucks-__

You can act like a man...

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 2:56pm

SamR wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 1:04am:
If anyone is checking this chain I have some updated info:
I have tried sinus buster and it's very affective (for now).  I was reluctant to try, based on this post and my own feelings that it was too general to work on our exclusive pain.
Well I am glad I tried it.  I actually had a bottle from my last episode in 2007.  By the time I bought the spray my cycle had ended so I never had a chance to try until now.

The first beast attack was completely aborted a few days ago (I am at the beginning of a 3-4 month bi-annual cycle).  It seems that more is needed to keep the beast at bay, and time may prove it inaffective.  But for now it works and I have dealt with this horrible pain for 2 decades.
My advice is to try it and be thankful it's only 10 - 20 bucks-__

Might as well poke a twenty up yer butt.  You'll get the same effect cept ya get yer money back no questions asked.

potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 3:32pm

Potter wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 2:56pm:
Might as well poke a twenty up yer butt.  You'll get the same effect cept ya get yer money back no questions asked.

potter

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 9:24am

Potter  DOES have a way with words, don't he Brew?

Smiley

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 12:32am

Too bad you poke fun at real posts which could actually help people.  That is what I thought this site was for..

I doubt any of you have ever actually tried it.

You can act like a man...

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 1:16am

SamR wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 12:32am:
Too bad you poke fun at real posts which could actually help people.  That is what I thought this site was for..

This site contains YEARS of combined knowledge, experience, and attempts at every "treatment" from blue cheese to tin foil hats.....check the archives for this one brother...............AND, Potters $20 poke was the FUNNIEST thing I have seen in months, well.... there was Kevs ninja joke....and then, there was.....oh damn, there's too many to mention....lighten up....life's a joke....if ya can't laugh ya gotta cry.......

WRONG!!!!!!

BTW...welcome aboard...grab an oar and row...aint no passengers on this bucket....we need all hands (per Bean Wink.)

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:37am

Sam, you'll find 98% of the people on this board are exactly that. People interested in sharing what has and hasn't worked for them, and trying to help people who are hurting.  In that regard, this board is a priceless gem that saves many people a lot of pain.

There is a small percentage of people here...as anywhere else on the planet...who always seem to find a way to upset people with their posts. You can write off this board based on that 2%, or stick around for the help from the other 98%. Hope you stick around.

Joe

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:59am

Guiseppi wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 10:37am:
Sam, you'll find 98% of the people on this board are exactly that. People interested in sharing what has and hasn't worked for them, and trying to help people who are hurting.  In that regard, this board is a priceless gem that saves many people a lot of pain.

There is a small percentage of people here...as anywhere else on the planet...who always seem to find a way to upset people with their posts. You can write off this board based on that 2%, or stick around for the help from the other 98%. Hope you stick around.

Joe

I'm thinkin Joe directed this at me.  One of our beloved members was out to visit a while back, after all the huggin, handshakin, backslappin,  and welome backs were over we went outside for a smoke.  Well we had our smoke and decided to stumble around the back forty and look at the hopper damage. We hadn't gone too far and right in our path was a  giant pile of Bovine shit. So now what do I do?  Do I call Bullshit and save my friend or do I quibble over whether it's heifer, steer, calf or bull shit or do I keep quiet and let him find it for himself?  Of course I call  Bullshit  and save my short buddy the hassle of cleanin shit off his boots and that's the cowboy way.

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 2:37pm

SamR wrote on Nov 7th, 2009 at 12:32am:

There's enough anecdotal evidence on here over the past few years that, when I weigh it against a newbie (still one post as of this writing) who may have a financial stake in its sales, it's not much of a choice.

Have you tried it?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #13 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 7:19pm

sam, potter may seem a little bit cynical but keep this in mind. for years we've seen people jump on the the board and 1st post ever talk about the wonders of "sinusbuster". i saw a guy on the old board  go so far as to post bar graphs and charts. 1st post. one sentence said his age and how long he had been a sufferer and then 2 paragraphs about the inter workings of "sinusbuster". many of them only post 1 or 2 times.  i'm not saying thats your intention but it has been with several newbees in the past.

i bought some in desperation when i was new to the board and it didn't help me at all

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Nov 8th, 2009 at 8:23pm

Potter wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:59am:

Joe

I'm thinkin Joe directed this at me.  One of our beloved members was out to visit a while back, after all the huggin, handshakin, backslappin,  and welome backs were over we went outside for a smoke.  Well we had our smoke and decided to stumble around the back forty and look at the hopper damage. We hadn't gone too far and right in our path was a  giant pile of Bovine shit. So now what do I do?  Do I call Bullshit and save my friend or do I quibble over whether it's heifer, steer, calf or bull shit or do I keep quiet and let him find it for himself?  Of course I call  Bullshit  and save my short buddy the hassle of cleanin shit off his boots and that's the cowboy way.

Potter

Now why in the world would you assume something like that????? Wink

Joe

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 10:00am

Guiseppi wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 8:23pm:
Potter wrote on Nov 8th, 2009 at 10:59am:

Joe

Potter

Now why in the world would you assume something like that????? Wink

Joe

I watch Dragnet.  Just a hunch Joe.........Just a hunch.

Potter
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2009 at 10:08am by Potter »  

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:01am

well ole airchairn had pretty good luck with sinusbuster didn't cha  buddy? remember airchairn the guy that started this thread? come-on airchairn tell us some more about how you suffered all those years and how sinus buster changed your life for ever..........

airchairn?

hello?
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2009 at 11:02am by -johnny- »  

IP Logged

Jrcox
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

FARMINGTON, MN
Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 12:24am

I'll stick with o2
Cheesy

Jrcox

Jrcox jasonandmason jasonandmason@me.com jasonandmason  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 11:56am

Sheep-dog,  I know you're new but saying this:

Quote:
Just gimme a shout when your ready.  Jack$&!   

goes against our webmasters rules of conduct. just reminding you is all.  Wink

Quote:
CH.com Standard of Conduct
Feb 2nd, 2009 at 8:09pm     ClusterHeadaches.com is going to live by a new set of "standards" that involve integrity and respect.  These standards have been added to the registration agreement so every new member who joins from now on will know what the expectations are when they create their profile.

This message board is not a democracy, at best it is a benevolent dictatorship.  As such, users of this site will be held to a prominent standard of integrity and respect.

Debate is welcome (and encouraged), but attack ideas and opinions; not personalities.  Note that putting an "in my opinion" type of qualifier on a violating statement does not change the fact that the statement violates these standards.

Personal attacks or threats against other board members will NOT be tolerated. Racist, sexist, Anti-Semitic remarks, or hate speech will not be allowed. Calling a member 'troll' or using 'troll' or similar emoticons is considered a personal attack.  Abuse of the Private Message (PM) privileges, harassment, stalking, etc... will not be tolerated.

As a general guideline, the first instance of a member violating these standards will result in a “lock down” of one week during which the member will not be allowed to post on the message board or send/receive PM’s.  A second instance will result in a “lock down” of one month.  A third instance will result in immediate and permanent banning.

In order to protect and preserve the overall health and well-being of the site, the owners/administrators reserve the right to remove any post or user from our community at our sole discretion and without explanation.

YOUR FREEDOM TO LEAVE – All visitors to the ClusterHeadaches.com Message Board are here voluntarily.  Nobody is forcing you to post here.  The Administrators and Moderators try their best to be fair, and to make the ClusterHeadaches.com Message Board a welcoming place to participate in a lively exchange of ideas about living life with cluster headaches.  If you don't like the Members/Moderators/Administrators of the ClusterHeadaches.com Message Board, or the way the ClusterHeadaches.com Message Board is run, then we strongly suggest that you exercise your freedom to leave.

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

joesf
CH.com Junior

x1|San francisco|USA|usa|18|156|
Reply #19 - Feb 2nd, 2010 at 9:07pm

When I was in my 20s I used to take Sine-Off sinus pills which I thought worked at first. (That was when I thought I had sinus headaches.)
They didn't.

But if this worked or you. That's great. Just be sure the next time (hopefully never) you dont put yourself in a bad situation (like an airline flight) cause you are counting on this remedy. (Like I did once enduring 5 hours sitting still San Francisco-  Hawaii with a CH  all the way. )
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2010 at 9:17pm by joesf »  

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #20 - Feb 3rd, 2010 at 8:17pm

Why is it that sinusbusters only works for people with under 10 posts?  I think someone should study that little phenomenon . . . .

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2010 at 8:59pm

Mosaicwench wrote on Feb 3rd, 2010 at 8:17pm:
Why is it that sinusbusters only works for people with under 10 posts?  I think someone should study that little phenomenon . . . .

DANG!...if only y'all had told me to STFU sooner!!!!

Made my day dear.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #22 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 11:38am

Mosaicwench wrote on Feb 3rd, 2010 at 8:17pm:

That's funny.

Potter

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #23 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 12:23pm

NO...actually that's hilarious, Pat.    Grin

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

koctail
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #24 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 6:18pm

of all the desperate things i did this was one of the stupidest. i remember shooting that crap up my nose and it burned like hell. i think i made my headache worse actually. this threat reminded me i still have that bottle in my medicine cabinet. im throwint it away when i get home. damn snake oil salesman.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!