Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The best 15 dollars I ever spent (Read 27074 times)
NancyB
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Re: The best 15 dollars I ever spent
Reply #25 - Feb 5th, 2010 at 1:30pm

This explains alot. Glad I read this thread!

IP Logged

angela40
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #26 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 3:35pm

Mosaicwench wrote on Feb 3rd, 2010 at 8:17pm:
Why is it that sinusbusters only works for people with under 10 posts?  I think someone should study that little phenomenon . . . .

I have less than 10 posts and it did NOT work for me. I think I will actually throw my bottle away. It didnt seem to make my headache any worse but it certainly didnt help.

IP Logged

Pfunk
CH.com Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Summerville,South_Carolina
Reply #27 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 5:23am

So, um yeah. During my last cycle, which was a little over 2 years ago, my son was about to be born so I was at that point where I wanted to try anything and everything to get the beast to stop or go away. My mother got me a bottle of this stuff. I tried it and burned like hell(which I probably would have learned to deal with, had it worked). "...had it worked" Gave me bad bloody nose and mad the beast very angry.  Cry:'(

http:facebook.com/ptcimino  
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #28 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 9:21am

Mosaicwench wrote on Feb 3rd, 2010 at 8:17pm:
Why is it that sinusbusters only works for people with under 10 posts?  I think someone should study that little phenomenon . . . .

What's funny is that I was just about to post the same exact thing!

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #29 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 11:11pm

Best use of 15 bucks instead? Press the paypal button on the bottom of this or the CB page.

IP Logged

Mat
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #30 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 9:33am

Yeah, not the sinus buster ad at the top though.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #31 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 4:39pm

Just so all are aware of it, the ad at the top of the page is put there by Google, NOT DJ.  He has no control over who advertises there, and the scumbuckets advertising that rip-off take advantage of it and of newbies who are desperate for anything that will help, especially if it is "only" $15.  Personally I would like to apply the product to a portion of the seller's anatomy where it will do the MOST good!  Maybe he can cure his hemorhoids with it.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 1:28pm

Thanks for those who posted supportive replies to this chain. 
I quit responding last year because I felt like I was being attacked and accused for offering a tip.  The posts were getting stupid and it felt like arguing with 5 year-old (pointless).

These headaches have been destroying my life for 13 years and I've tried just about every med combo out there.
I will continue to offer info on what i have found to work and try to ignore the ignorance. 
I will say - The beast does have a way of bringing the worst outta us.

For those interested - -
Update on pepper spray:

I found a recipe online and I made my own batch
Cayenne Pepper - 1.29
Distilled water - .59
unbleached coffee filters - .99

Basically, you boil the distilled water & cayenne pepper and filter the mix.  Add to any intranasal spray container.  Store in the fridge.
The batch I made was far superior to the Sinus Buster product.  (I also made a 1/2 gallon for under 3 bucks).

I will never go without it again during my 4 month bouts with CH.  Sometimes they knock out the beast and other times it's more of a coping mechanism.
But one thing is clear; While the pain is not completely gone, I can leave the house with a bottle of homeade spray and no other meds.  This is the first time in my life I can say that. 
I have had many 3 AM sessions on the kitchen floor, sobbing like a baby, lying on top of a busted vile of imitrex becuase the pain was too severe to steady my hand and give myself a shot(manual dosing of imitrex). 

So go ahead and make fun - have a blast.
Anyone else who may try this - please let me know if it helps.  Try to have a open-mind.

Shadows are coming more often each day so i know I am close to my quarterly hell.

Sam

You can act like a man...

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #33 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 1:30pm

Knock yourself out, dude.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #34 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 1:35pm

Thanks dude - you too!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #35 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 1:38pm

Thanks!

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #36 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 5:27pm

sam maybe it possible you have sinus headaches instead of CH. sincerely man i really did try it. it didnt help me in the least. + its $20 for a little tiny bottle  +S&H

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #37 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:09pm

Quote:
The posts were getting stupid and it felt like arguing with 5 year-old (pointless).

I will continue to offer info on what i have found to work and try to ignore the ignorance

So go ahead and make fun - have a blast.

After reading the replies, for some reason yours doesn't seem to be a response reciprocating an example of an open-mind you've desired from others with this appeal.

Quote:
Try to have a open-mind.

I've noticed an open-minded atmosphere here that has an array of suggested helpfulness sufficient for the vast majority who have Cluster Headaches.  We're here if need be in any event.
  In fact I've felt one coming at work and downed a double shot of espresso that seemed to disintegrate the inevitable oncoming breaking through the verapamil, although verbally LIT UP for the next couple hours, but I would never depend on it alone.  Yeah sparked up, I'm then annoying to those around me, co-workers have their remarks and ribbing, not pointless, not stupid, not ignorant.  The drinks less caffinated with taurine, also suggested here, don't go with verap, but they work, based on the many noticeably agreeable responses in those threads.  It took an open mind to catch on and discover energy drinks work.  Smiley

Tried and true is the big clue, but that doesn't seem to flow through this thread.  Be happy you have what works for your pain instead of an opinion remarked to be ignorance.     Smiley

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #38 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:43pm

im sure mr wold had the same problem back years ago

IP Logged

Lettucehead
CH.com Old Timer

I am very blessed...

Iowa
Reply #39 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 8:03pm

SamR wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 1:28pm:
These headaches have been destroying my life for 13 years and I've tried just about every med combo out there.
I will continue to offer info on what i have found to work and try to ignore the ignorance. 
Sam

I do hope you stick around - someone who has such a history of CH does have a lot to offer other sufferers.  You have no need to justify what works for you and what doesn't.  Just thank heaven that something does...

Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear... 'The Terminator' AKA CH

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #40 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 10:37pm

-johnny- wrote on Aug 10th, 2010 at 6:43pm:
im sure mr wold had the same problem back years ago

Mr Wold did have somewhat of the same problem a few years ago, but he also had more than ten posts behind him when he started discussing the values of shrooms.  He also had some data to back up what he was saying.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #41 - Aug 10th, 2010 at 10:54pm

Quote:
but he also had more than ten posts behind him when he started discussing the values of shrooms.  He also had some data to back up what he was saying.

He most certainly did do that Jerry!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you for pointing that  VERY important fact out.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #42 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 8:49pm

10 posts 10 posts 10 posts - an interesting phenomenon . . . . .

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #43 - Aug 11th, 2010 at 9:00pm

LMOA Pat.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Champaign, IL
Reply #44 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 10:59am

Potter wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 2:56pm:
SamR wrote on Oct 19th, 2009 at 1:04am:
If anyone is checking this chain I have some updated info:
I have tried sinus buster and it's very affective (for now).  I was reluctant to try, based on this post and my own feelings that it was too general to work on our exclusive pain.
Well I am glad I tried it.  I actually had a bottle from my last episode in 2007.  By the time I bought the spray my cycle had ended so I never had a chance to try until now.

The first beast attack was completely aborted a few days ago (I am at the beginning of a 3-4 month bi-annual cycle).  It seems that more is needed to keep the beast at bay, and time may prove it inaffective.  But for now it works and I have dealt with this horrible pain for 2 decades.
My advice is to try it and be thankful it's only 10 - 20 bucks-__

Might as well poke a twenty up yer butt.  You'll get the same effect cept ya get yer money back no questions asked.

potter

You Go Potter... 

if you tried it and it works.. than you better rethink what you're treating.. probably a Sinus Headache...

LadyLuv

Ruthie Harper Ruthie Harper  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #45 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 7:58pm

aircharn?

hello?

IP Logged

DEREK
CH.com Newbie

I am an Alien

South Africa
Reply #46 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 7:17am

Hey ya all,if the man found relief with his 15 dollars,then lets just wish him well,i think the main thing to remember is that what works for one person,might not work for the next......
Derek
South Africa

IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #47 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 11:37am

SO here's an update (would hate to leave it at the conspiratorial 10 posts-):
The pepper spray has only helped to eleviate the symptoms during an attack.  I have found that overtime, the spray greatly diminishes in its effectiveness.
Last night I had 5 attacks and the spray helped but by no means stopped the pain.
So go ahead and bash me more and tell me you told me so.  Then maybe you can flush yourself down the toilet!

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #48 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 12:04pm

Sam - sorry to hear that what you thought would be your best treatment did not work out for you. Hope that some of the information here will be of help to you.

Peace and Painfree days and nights to you....

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #49 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 6:24pm

Thank you kindly Qn -
I frankly just wish I knew of some way to get my hands on the stuff that is known to work (National Geographic documentary explains this well).
But for some ridiculous unknown reason, it is illegal...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!