Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 
Send Topic Print
Anti-Inflammatory Vitamin D3 Regimen and Survey (Read 109552 times)
shokaveli
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Anti-Inflammatory Vitamin D3 Regimen and Survey
Reply #850 - Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:05pm

Batch,

Thanks for the info and I read around a bit before going in and saw that you recommended the Bio-Tech D3 instead so I went with that one.† Very interested as well on your response to Pattik above.

Lastly, I posted about this on a different thread but was hoping to get your input on it regarding O2 therapy.† In short, I tried O2 and the HV method (@ 15lpm then upped to 25lpm) for the first time last night for 10-12 minutes and my KP4 CH did not seem to go away fully although it seemed to get better.† I stopped the O2 and the pain started to get worse but I waited for about 5 minutes and it just suddenly aborted completely without a shadow.† I'm wondering if you have ever seen this before and if you think the O2 was a contributing factor for the abortion or if it was just some (super) weird coincidence as my CH's NEVER go away just like that without meds (and even those take at least 30 mins to kick in). TIA!

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2019 at 5:06pm by shokaveli »  

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #851 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 10:09am

Shockaveli,

Interesting topic - daily vs weekly vitamin D3 dosing.  This has also been a hot topic at the Vitamin D3 Workshops.  If you go over my posts here at clusterbusters and over at clusterheadaches.com you'll see that I've been an advocate of daily vitamin D3 dosing from the very beginning starting in December of 2010.

I've studied vitamin D3 pharmacokinetics (what the body does to vitamin D3) and its pharmacodyamics (what vitamin D3 does to the body) extensively so know the enzymes needed to hydroxylate vitamin D3 to its genetically active metabolite 1,25(OH)2D3 are expressed at the cellular level throughout the body.  This was proof enough to say daily dosing was the best. 

1,25(OH)2D3 is the vitamin D3 metabolite that triggers genetic expression of peptides that do the autocrine and paracrine signaling that down-regulates the expression of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and substance P (SP) and this helps prevent our CH.

That said, I've found weekly dosing with the Bio-Tech D3-50 is just as effective in preventing my CH. My labs for 25(OH)2D3, calcium and PTH confirm that weekly dosing with the Bio-Tech D3-50 water soluble vitamin D3 is very effective in maintaining my 25(OH)D serum concentration at 150 Ī2 ng/mL.  That indicates a bioequvalence two to three times greater than the oil-based liquid softgel vitamin D3 formulations at the same dose.

In addition, data from the online survey of CHers taking this regimen indicate for the first six months of 2019, 90% of CHers reporting in this time frame have experienced a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH.  I suspect this increase in efficacy above the year-over-year average of 82% is due in part to some CHers taking the Bio-Tech D3-50.

For now, I think its safe to say the jury is still out on which method of dosing is best.  We need more data. 

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, thatís as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #852 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 8:02pm

Shockaveli,

Regarding your strange CH pattern after using oxygen therapy.  If you've been on the accelerated vitamin D3 loading schedule for even one day... I'll opine your CH pattern change was due to the vitamin D3... and I'll double down if you were taking the Bio-Tech D3-50.

Take care,
V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, thatís as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

shokaveli
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #853 - Aug 18th, 2019 at 7:12pm

Batch,

So I now have been getting consistent success with the O2, aborts it every time.  So this last time I used it around 15 min in @ 15 lpm, I started to feel some intense tingling of my arms and fingers and slight numbing.  Luckily I stopped and the tingling went away.  Have you ever experienced something similar to that?  I have only been getting on the O2 for 15-20 minutes at a time maybe 1-2 times a day.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #854 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 4:15am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Quote:
When you're overbreathing, you might not be aware you're breathing fast and deep. But you'll likely be aware of the other symptoms, including:
Feeling lightheaded, dizzy, weak, or not able to think straight
Feeling as if you can't catch your breath
Chest pain or fast and pounding heartbeat
Belching or bloating
Dry mouth
Muscle spasms in the hands and feet
Numbness and tingling in the arms or around the mouth
Problems sleeping

Perfectly normal symptoms when you hyperventilate.

The symptoms should go away once you stop, as you've experienced, when the CH is also gone.

If you have any questions, do consult your medical doctor.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #855 - Aug 19th, 2019 at 11:04am

Hey Shokaveli,

Good question and Mike's response is spot on.† The tingling and numbness sensations you experienced during oxygen therapy is called paresthesia.† It's a very normal side effect during oxygen therapy at flow rates that support hyperventilation.† It's not only harmless as it dissipates rapidly when returning to normal respiration rages, it's also your friend as it indicates you're using oxygen therapy effectively as a CH abortive.†

During hyperventilation, we blow off CO2 faster than our bodies generate it through normal metabolism.† †This lowers arterial CO2 content causing an upward shift in arterial pH towards the alkaline side of neutral.† This is condition is called respiratory alkalosis, a medical term you may have heard in the movie The Andromeda Strain.† Respiratory alkalosis has two beneficial side effects where the elevated pH causes blood hemoglobin to have a greater affinity for oxygen and it also triggers vasoconstriction.†

The tingling sensation, paresthesia, is caused by vasoconstriction of the capillaries and microvasculature in the dermis and subcutaneous layers of your skin.† The same thing is happening in the trigeminovascular complex.† This is part of the CH abortive process as during a CH, vasculature in the trigeminovascular system dilates rapidly.

In addition, the hyper-oxygenated blood flow to the brain made possible by the elevated arterial pH, causes a more rapid breakdown of the neruoactive peptides, Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP) and Substance P (SP) in the trigeminal ganglia.† As CGRP and SP are responsible for the neurogenic inflammation and pain we know as CH, breaking them down rapidly is also part of the CH abort mechanism.

So, to my way of thinking, paresthesia during oxygen therapy as a CH abortive is a very good sign.† If you're not experiencing it, you're not doing it right.

I'm still looking for the answer to my question, did oxygen therapy become more effective after starting the vitamin D3?

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2019 at 11:08am by Batch »  

pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!