Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print
What's your good news? (Read 101157 times)
Lenny
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Los Angeles,CA
Re: What's your good news?
Reply #125 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 12:12pm

Guiseppi wrote on Oct 17th, 2012 at 9:50am:
My good news starts Sunday! I leave Friday for a bicyling trip through Big Bend National Park in that little teeny state they call Texas. Would appreciate it if y'all would hold the rain off until we leave. Tents in the rain suck.......will let you know when I get back if was  ACTUALLY  good news. Grin

Joe

Linda...Zion is still one of the most breathtakingly, beautiful, incredibly colorful places we have ever visited.

That sounds like a blast...be safe Joe.....Lenny

yes a newbie,unfortunately not to the beast!!!Chronic - Clusterhead

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #126 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 6:38pm

My good news is that today I got called about a job!!!  It is a 29% paycut from what I'm accustomed to, but it beats what I've been getting the last few months, nothing.  I sure hope this election turns the economy around!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #127 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:02pm

Not personal good news, but the Tigers are going to the World Series after a convincing door slam on a sweep of the Yankees. 

The electricity flows when it happens, it does a lot for everyone around here.

St. Louis Cardinals would be great to play, we beat them in '68, they us in '06.  This would be a great rubber match in my lifetime and for those in both towns with the memories.  Another CatBird championship this year. 

The Tigers vs Giants sounds like a big brawl, too.       Smiley

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #128 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 8:19pm

I had a gastric bypass done this month and have lost 45 pounds so far this year.  5 pounds since the bypass last week.  I want to loose 100 more additional pounds at least if not a little more.  On the road to a new me and healthier lifestyle.  Dr says I can go off my blood pressure meds and cpap after 50 pounds lost from surgery and diet change.  I am also hoping this means I can avoid a 4th back surgery.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #129 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 12:00am

i made it to Monterey, and it is totally alien here.

i am used to doing a job i dont particularly like, working with people i have nothing in common with, and dealing with a schedule that i could NEVER plan anything around, usually being at work for about three out of every four hours every day.  oh yeah, and doing it all with cluster headaches.

since the move however, i have been doing a job i love, working with people who i have a lot in common with, and working on a very regimented schedule that has me home about half of the day.  and since i started on the lithium/verap combo, no headaches.

and they tell me that DLI is supposed to be hard...  Roll Eyes

the area out here is beautiful. 

the strangest thing is the wildlife.  its like a petting zoo.  if it were legal, i could hunt the deer out here with a sledge hammer...

oh, and somebody should have told me the water was that cold... Shocked

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #130 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 7:38am

Thanks for bumping this up Linda!

Congrats to everyone for the good things happening in your lives.  I know it happens to us all, but some need to really think to realize all things aren't bad.  This thread helps that a lot!

My good news is that this week we walked away from a deer accident with my husbands Corolla even though the bucks antlers went through the windshield.  I now have about 30 quarts of venison to can and my husband will still be able to drive his car after cleaning it up and replacing the windshield, which gives us more time to save up the money for a newer work car.

Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #131 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 12:01pm

Quote:
the area out here is beautiful.

I told you that you would love it in that area, didn't I?  The fact that you have a job you love just puts the cherry on the cake.   Yeah..the Pacific ocean IS cold, but that's what wet suits are for.  I'm so happy you have such good news to report.   Smiley

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #132 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 7:58pm

There is so much in this thread I enjoy reading from each person finding and doing special things in their lives, I don't post saying so because it's just too many, but we've got some GOOD stuff going on here.   Happy for too many!   Smiley

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #133 - Oct 19th, 2012 at 8:38pm

Nice going everybody!

Nothing like you people for me. I got news from the docs that a lot of testing that I worried about turned out fine. Also my "Bad" cholesteral was 169.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Akina
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

BFE, NC
Reply #134 - Oct 20th, 2012 at 12:16am

My good news is the reason I haven't been around for a little bit...we moved out to Cali and I have been having a blast with a VERY happy Auban.  Cheesy

It's been a fun time getting settled in and used to the new area.  Our house is FANTASTIC, and you simply can't bet a fenced in yard (that they provided to us!), so all in all, good...no GREAT news all around!

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #135 - Nov 15th, 2012 at 2:41am

Just got back from an amazing holiday cruising around Australia and a bit of Indonesia with my wonderful supporter.  We had a simply amazing time, really appreciating being together after having worked away from home almost every week for the last two years.

There were some amazing sights, including crocodiles and Komodo dragons.

We also got to share a few cold ones with AussieBrian and his supporter whilst in Cairns. It really was good to meet up, especially for our supporters and we also enjoyed bush poetry reading.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #136 - Nov 15th, 2012 at 5:54am

Great company, beer, and bush poetry.

Highly reccommended.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #137 - Nov 15th, 2012 at 7:31pm

I'm widja! Brian

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #138 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 8:50pm

Mike, i sure hope the picture of the croc was taken with a long range lens on that camera.  Wow.

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #139 - Nov 16th, 2012 at 10:47pm

I got a paycheck!!!!!  First one in a year!   Smiley  Now to start trying to get back to where I ought to be financially.  Not there yet, but it is a good start.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #140 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 3:15am

Linda_Howell wrote on Nov 16th, 2012 at 8:50pm:
Mike, i sure hope the picture of the croc was taken with a long range lens on that camera.  Wow.

The crocodile was about 3 metres away at the time and yes, I was using a zoom lens too to get the picture I wanted. The photo was taken from a boot which takes people to see jumping crocodiles - Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - near Darwin. They jump about 2 metres out of the water!

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #141 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:28am

i have been kinda busy lately.  every day i spend about 8-10 hours studying arabic and most of the remaining hours silently practicing my arabic, talking to myself and such.  so what do i do to keep myself from going insane? 

Hobbies of course!  lately, i got a wild hair up my backside and decided that it would be cool to find a way to use algae in a fish tank and make it look attractive.  i didnt want to grow algae though, i wanted to create a completely new approach to the way algae is viewed in a tank.  i searched the internet for anything that might help me achieve that goal.  i found nothing, so i decided to wing it and develop a method to create an attractive algae you can easily aquascape with, something it seems nobody has ever done before.  here is the good news;  it worked.

step 1)  develope way to gow out an algae pad/mat/sheet that met my criteria for use; easy to use and looks good in a tank.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

step 2)  cut it into thin strips that are easy to attach to driftwood and such.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

step 3)  tie it to something to and put it in the tank to see how it does

step 4)  enjoy the fruits of my eccentricity!
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:29am by AubanBird »  

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #142 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:20am

AubanBird wrote on Dec 6th, 2012 at 4:28am:
i have been kinda busy lately.  every day i spend about 8-10 hours studying arabic and most of the remaining hours silently practicing my arabic, talking to myself and such.  so what do i do to keep myself from going insane? 

Hobbies of course!  lately, i got a wild hair up my backside and decided that it would be cool to find a way to use algae in a fish tank and make it look attractive.  i didnt want to grow algae though, i wanted to create a completely new approach to the way algae is viewed in a tank.  i searched the internet for anything that might help me achieve that goal.  i found nothing, so i decided to wing it and develop a method to create an attractive algae you can easily aquascape with, something it seems nobody has ever done before.  here is the good news;  it worked.

Wow, great job, it looks fantastic and not icky and gross!  Congratulations!! Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #143 - Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:27pm

Quote:
enjoy the fruits of my eccentricity!

Everyone on this site is eccentric to some degree.  lol

WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #144 - May 31st, 2013 at 6:59pm

my good news as of late:

there will be another little chick joining the aubanbird clan, presumably around january or february.

IP Logged

idorko
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Central Maine
Reply #145 - May 31st, 2013 at 8:19pm

My AP US history test went well. I'll post my score in July. Taking the SATs tomorrow, wish me luck.

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #146 - May 31st, 2013 at 9:16pm

What a great thread! My good news is that I am still in remission after 5 years! I believe I owe this to clusterbusters!

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #147 - Jun 1st, 2013 at 7:56am

My good news: I've been out of cycle officially for 2 years! Thank you, Batch & D3. One-off hits do arrive, and I've had shadows, but I can handle them.

I got to help out a fellow clusterhead, I send him email today. I'm hoping I had some new info for him and hopefully that will help him with ch.

My baby girl is beginning to understand that when she needs help, calling mom is wise. This morning she cried "momyyyyy" (well, its Finnish version) instead of standard "wyaaaah". She has not said her official first word yet, but it's getting closer. Smiley

Pf days to all,
Sanna

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #148 - Jun 1st, 2013 at 9:16am

Another vote for D-3....going on 3 years myself, love your good news Sannie.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Akina
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

BFE, NC
Reply #149 - Jun 13th, 2013 at 9:57am

Greetings everyone!

Oh my goodness...I started this thread a while ago and it's amazing to see all the good stories that have popped up while I've been busy getting Auban settled into the new job and working one myself.

My good news is that you guys are fantastic and it was SUCH a great way to start the morning by seeing this thread reach to others like it has.  Please keep them coming in!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!