Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print
What's your good news? (Read 100742 times)
DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Re: What's your good news?
Reply #75 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:40pm

Some of you will remember a certain teenage daughter that we almost lost a few years ago.  Well she's 21 now and last week I helped her move into her own appartment.  After a long twisty road she is handling life quite well and has found someone that makes her happy.  The bonus is I actually like the guy.  But I'll never tell her that Wink

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #76 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:14pm

That's great news Dennis! Always nice when you like your children's friends & partners!

Joe and I had a nice trip to MA, sorry we didn't get to see you this time. Joe did alot of peddling about on a friend's bike while I worked. We got to go to Woodstock CT to visit my brother there too. He brought together some other family members for a small reunion. Great time.

We're heading out tomorrow to volunteer at Camp Connect, a 4-day camping trip that reunites siblings seperated in the foster-care system. Should be exhausting but rewarding.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #77 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 1:46am

DennisM1045 wrote on Jul 31st, 2012 at 2:40pm:
Some of you will remember a certain teenage daughter

A particular rememberance, and a persevering dear Aidan.  Thank you, Dennis.   Smiley

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #78 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:24pm

after 18 years of trying to find the tiny aquatic worm i fed to my betta when i was 8 years old, i finaly managed to isolate a culture.  i now have a couple teaspoons worth of them and will soon be ready to sell them to other aquarists as a relatively new live food.

yeah im a strange one   Cheesy

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #79 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 9:55pm

QnHeartMM wrote on Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:14pm:
That's great news Dennis! Always nice when you like your children's friends & partners!

Joe and I had a nice trip to MA, sorry we didn't get to see you this time. Joe did alot of peddling about on a friend's bike while I worked. We got to go to Woodstock CT to visit my brother there too. He brought together some other family members for a small reunion. Great time.

We're heading out tomorrow to volunteer at Camp Connect, a 4-day camping trip that reunites siblings seperated in the foster-care system. Should be exhausting but rewarding.

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Sorry we missed you. Maybe next time!

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #80 - Aug 5th, 2012 at 12:55am

Just did seared Tasmanian salmon basted in sherry, soy and ginger along with flash-fried king prawns (shrimp) all served on warm avacado with lemon pepper.

Got a kiss for me troubles.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #81 - Aug 5th, 2012 at 6:58am

Everything is ready for the baby; we got the last things we'll need yesterday. Smiley

It looks like that our baby is not in any hurry to here, but her grandmas are getting restless! Grin My mother mentioned only five times on Friday that she would love the baby to arrive this weekend. Grin

We'll see... the expected due date is next Saturday, August 11th. Although I'm excited to meet our precious baby, I am a bit nervous about the pain involved. I know it's funny... a clusterhead who is a bit worried about pain, but this is different pain. At least I know that there are pain management methods which actually can work just like that and the reward for it all will be well worth it. Smiley

Any quesses when she'll be here...? Wink

Sanna & Little Rascal 39+1

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

metoo
CH.com Junior

ann arbor mi usa
Reply #82 - Aug 5th, 2012 at 11:28am

OK, first...pain free night's sleep.  How cool is that?  I think it's because my sweetheart and I had Skyhawk5 and his best side over last night to kibbitz and have a bite to eat.  Neither one of us had a hit in several hours.  This guy has been a real treasure.  I'm happy to have had the opportunity to know him.  It sort of feels like one of those deja vu things.  BTW, it's fun to watch him work over a guitar. 

Take care of yourselves,

TJ

#4 - Avoid annoying people who don't deserve it.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #83 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 4:50pm

Quote:
Any quesses when she'll be here...?

August 17th. 

Brian, I'm salivating here.  You should have gotten more than just a kiss for that dinner.  Wink

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #84 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:41pm

I admit it, Linda.  I got a beer as well.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #85 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 8:49pm

Not exactly what i had in mind...but what the hell.  A beer with that delicious dinner is perfect, and i dont even drink the stuff.   I would make a horrid Aussie, Canadian or Wisconsinite, wouldnt I?

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #86 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 9:28pm

Today marks 35 years with the best thing that ever happened to me other than my relationship with Jesus Christ.  On Augst 6, 1977 I married my best friend and greatest supporter.  She has stuck with me through some very trying times and has always been patient when I've lost jobs due to my CH or back injuries, has encouraged me when I've had to make job choices I didn't want to make or tried sales (at which I can starve to death!)  She gives me space when I'm getting hit, comfort when it is over, and puts up with my selfish, grouchy, critical attitude when the beast is giving me grief.  Even though she has MS and stuggles with fatigue and has to use a cane to get around she keeps a positive image and works harder than she should.  All of this and she still loves me! 

Some of you have been priviliged to meet her.  She is not one who likes the limelight or to have attention drawn to her, but she could not be a better supporter!  35 years of putting up with my CH, of which about 31 were diagnosed, and now over 10 years chronic.  I could not ask for more.  I really have no idea how I would make it without her.  I know I got more than I deserved when I married her, and I know I love her so much more now than I had any idea of when we married.  I can say I am truly blessed!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #87 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 11:00pm

sandie99 wrote on Aug 5th, 2012 at 6:58am:

Horoscope for those born in Finland -- soon.

You will begin a journey carried in footprints of those closest to you and then rascally exploring alongside before bounding a distance further to your own path, which will be very rewarding.  Along the way among blossoms of imagination may be a tea party with guinea pigs.  One may be late looking through the mirror.

Any name ideas?        Smiley

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #88 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 3:41am

Betting on the time and date is one thing, Kevin, but is it right that  we name the rascal as well?

(Edith Pieffe)

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #89 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 3:43am

I just got back home from a week long trip to Grand Rapids MI.  This was so my husband could go for training there.  His company paid for the whole thing and I got to go along for free.  That was the best part.  We golfed a couple of nights there.  I got to watch the olympics all day long for the week.  It was nice since we don't have a tv at home.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #90 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:11am

AussieBrian wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 3:41am:
Betting on the time and date is one thing, Kevin, but is it right that  we name the rascal as well?

(Edith Pieffe)

Had wondered if Sanna might give us the choice of thought that has struck most dear.

I'd not trust myself to the task.  Sometimes the inspriration of the moment would be better suited to name a new Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #91 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:13pm

Yay, baby's first horoscope, thank you, Kevin!  Smiley

Linda, August 17th was Little Rascal's original expected due date. Smiley That was altered during the first ultrasound check up. If our baby will arrive that day, I sure hope that she will start her great entrance during my friend's party - that would make a great story... Grin

Names... Here in Finland most parents keep their baby's names as a secret until the christening day. We're planning to do the very same. Of course, part of this secrecy is the fact that back in here, people want to see the baby first before naming him or her; they want to be sure that the name will be the perfect match for the baby. We have decided that our baby will get 3 first names, just like I have. At this point, we're planning to give her the same third name than I have, but that can change if we end up changing the first two names we are currently thinking.

I can tell you, however, that we had a hard time deciding the perfect first name for our daughter, because we disagreed on so many of them. It took us a long time to find these 3 on our list for now, so let's hope that they will suit our daughter. Then again, if we're getting a boy after all, we do have 3 nice names in mind for a boy, too. That process was much, much easier for some reason.

I will reveal all the names once our baby is officially christened, which will happen within 2 months after her birth.

My mother does want to know the name badly. She has been asking for it for months now, but we have been firm. So she can pick up the calendar and say out loud all the names she finds, but we won't reveal our picks just yet. Wink

Sanna & Little Rascal 39+3

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #92 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:24pm

sandie99 wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:13pm:
baby will get 3 first names

Same as I was thinking, except Apple Poptart Sundae is stuck in my head.  Swirl added at the end gives it that rascally flavor. 

'Tis not my place.     Ok, I'll wait.

Best to you Sanna.     Smiley

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #93 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:39pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 4:50pm:
Quote:

August 17th. 

That'd be AWESOME.  Just sayin... Cool

Let's see, my good news is my eldest has picked a profession and will be attending the Technical College next year after she graduates High School.  This year I will have one a Senior, one a Fourth grader and one a Pre-Schooler.  Going to be interesting!
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 8:40pm by Melissa »  

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #94 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 10:45pm

August 17 would be a good day, Sanna.  It is both my wife's and my sister's b'day.  My sister was born about 4 hours before my wife.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Akina
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

BFE, NC
Reply #95 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 5:55pm

So, after a LONG discussion period, of a couple of months, Auban and I finally decided to take the plunge and get a second vehicle...a 2008 Chevy Equinox.

This allows me to not HAVE to wake up with him every morning (though I still enjoy it some mornings), and allow us a little extra room when it comes to transporting his gear and his hobby.

Price was good for us to be able to afford payments each month, and still be able to pay off 'hopefully' within one year's time.

Sooo happy!!

And sandie...I'm partial to August 18th...that's our anniversary.  Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2012 at 5:57pm by Akina »  

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #96 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 5:40am

I love reading this thread, so much good news all around! Smiley

Thank you for your guesses, I'll keep August 17th and 18th in mind. Wink

Our baby surprised her docs and midwives and proved them wrong. She is still happily growing - PAST HER EXPECTED DUE DATE. Smiley They were so sure that she will be here long before her EDD, but nope. I know my baby, she's not in any hurry! Grin If I'll be induced, I'll be meeting the very same docs and midwives at the hospital and I can show them that this time they were wrong. Perhaps they can use us as an example and give a little hope to other mothers at the same ward; it is possible that baby can stay until EDD and after that, too. Smiley

Other good news: I decided to play it safe and quit taking omega3s for a while. It's been two weeks tomorrow, and so far, so good. Smiley My head has been fine without them, just one morning (after a sleepless night) my head felt odd, but no hit, no shadows. I plan to get back to omega3s right after giving birth, so I'll be without them for around 3 weeks more at the maximum.

Lots of good & great news to everyone & PF days,
Sanna & Little Rascal 40+1 Smiley

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #97 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 2:37pm

Had a great weekend!  My son helped us drive home from NC overnight Friday night so we could make a wedding near Chicago Saturday at 1.  We got to meet the young lady he is interested in on Sat night.  Very sharp girl!

My elder daughter and her husband and my new granddaughter came and spent the night with us Sat and then went to church with us on Sun.   So at lunch we had my son from SC, my daughter, her husband, and daughter, and my son who lives about 45 minutes away came with his wife and two sons.  Great weekend!

I love playing Grandpa!

Jerry

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #98 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 2:08am

Ellen had a great day working in the field for the museum...  Can't be too specific, unfortunately, since she'd have my head Wink but suffice it to say that she was very happy. 

She gets to go out again next week, which she's excited about.  Makes a nice change from working with previously collected material (although she loves doing that).

The new semester starts for her in a couple of weeks.  Among other things, she'll be taking a class in sedimentation and stratigraphy for the Geology side of her double major--probably the one she's looking forward to the most in this go-around.

EJ has been very busy lately as well.  She just finished a reconnaissance-level survey for the city, and is working on a Historic Site nomination.  She'll soon be starting on a traveling exhibit, not to mention the normal highway mitigation work, and so forth.  She's probably working sixty or seventy hours a week.

Good to see both the women in my life so happy, busy, and engaged.  Smiley

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Joshua
CH.com Alumnus

x0|New York|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #99 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:00am

Going to Connecticut to spend some time with my family, specifically my grandfather.  I'm very fortunate to have this time off before I start a new job next week!!

Joshua

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!