Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Vimovo/D3/melatonin - 100% effective for me (Read 44458 times)
blacklab
Ex Member

Re: Vimovo/D3/melatonin - 100% effective for me
Reply #75 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 3:16am

Anubis, Maybe, its a good time to try adding the rest of the regime ?   I say that, because I know that the magnesium, the fishoil and the calcium in the multi, all play a huge part in regards to absorbtion. The talk being that magnesium, calcium and fish oil all play a huge part in the Vit D3.
I mean, magnesium is a definite anti inflammatory along with fish oil and the talk in the town is that they all play a huge part collectively. Plus, this "may" help with your reduction in vimovo and would play a part in inflammation reduction.
I know you mentioned that you listened to batch with regard to K2 men. m7, as D3 draws calcium into the gut, and because we are taking large doses of d3 the natural K2 which lives in out gut cant cope, as it re directs the calcium to where its suppose to go, not to our vains and bad areas that can cause issues.
I hear you loud and clear about Vimovo helping to switch off things along with the D3,  but I would reconsider the rest of the regime now that your reducing the Vimovo level ?    It makes sense to me to take as many anti inflamatories as possible, especially ones that only have a positive reaction to our bodies and provide a huge range of other benefits,  it could help reduce the levels of vimovo even further that you need to take, which would be a positive ?????   thoughts ?
colin

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #76 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 3:26am

Oh HAY-SOOS, Daisy and Donald  ...Anubis.....your one trick pony rants are becoming tiresome...what works for you works for you...GREAT....there is not a single  clusterhead who begrudges YOUR success. Some of us happen to think its a dangerous option for others...are we allowed an opinion?

Insulting Hoppy is silly/stupid.... as he is one of the most supportive on this site...and he only asked for clarification of YOUR  muddled ramble...can you report your findings without insult?...can you answer questions?...I'm still waiting...tho I completely understand that avoiding answers IS an answer in and of itself........

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #77 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 2:24pm

jon019 wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 3:26am:
Oh HAY-SOOS, Daisy and Donald  ...Anubis.....your one trick pony rants are becoming tiresome...what works for you works for you...GREAT....there is not a single  clusterhead who begrudges YOUR success. Some of us happen to think its a dangerous option for others...are we allowed an opinion?

Insulting Hoppy is silly/stupid.... as he is one of the most supportive on this site...and he only asked for clarification of YOUR  muddled ramble...can you report your findings without insult?...can you answer questions?...I'm still waiting...tho I completely understand that avoiding answers IS an answer in and of itself........

Jon

And how many 'tricks' would you like my 'rants' to have?

You don't have to read them. I'm presenting information. If you don't like it, don't read it. Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of hearing people say that what I'm presenting is a 'dangerous' option. I've already provided evidence that even straight Naproxen is safer than Ibuprofen or aspirin in terms of the number of death attributed to it in the 10 years leading up to 2014. And I'm not even suggesting straight Naproxen, I'm suggesting something SAFER than that. If you really think it's unacceptably dangerous, that's your problem, not mine. Don't take any, and keep getting CHs. That's your prerogative.

I only responded to Hoppy's sniping, because it was insulting. Telling me that 'over the counter pain killers don't work', after I've written detailed explanation of why my variation on the D3 regimen is NOT just 'over the counter pain killers' by themselves was insulting. I went to a huge amount of trouble to explain why my routine is NOT just Ibuprofen or Vimovo by themselves. Furthermore, Vimovo is not an 'over the counter' medication, which only further demonstrated that Hoppy had not read what I had written. Then he went on to question whether I even suffer from CHs, yet another insult, after I had detailed exactly how I was diagnosed by a CH expert here in Ottawa. If people don't insult me first, i don't insult them back.

There is nothing 'muddled' in my responses. They are detailed, yes, so others can benefit as much as possible. I've already reported my findings without insult. The D3+vimovo works like a magic wand. I don't know exactly what else you're waiting for. Frankly, I'm getting to the point where I might just stop responding to this thread altogether. I've provided virtually all the information anybody who would want to try my variation would need to know, so really, there's not much more I can contribute, and I'm not going to sit here and respond to ridiculous accusations and criticisms for no reason. The only reason I'm STILL here is because I remember how life-affecting my CHs were, and I wanted to help as many people as possible get what I believe is a permanent respite from CHs.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:16pm by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #78 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 3:01pm

Quote:
Anubis, Maybe, its a good time to try adding the rest of the regime ?   I say that, because I know that the magnesium, the fishoil and the calcium in the multi, all play a huge part in regards to absorbtion. The talk being that magnesium, calcium and fish oil all play a huge part in the Vit D3.
I mean, magnesium is a definite anti inflammatory along with fish oil and the talk in the town is that they all play a huge part collectively. Plus, this "may" help with your reduction in vimovo and would play a part in inflammation reduction.
I know you mentioned that you listened to batch with regard to K2 men. m7, as D3 draws calcium into the gut, and because we are taking large doses of d3 the natural K2 which lives in out gut cant cope, as it re directs the calcium to where its suppose to go, not to our vains and bad areas that can cause issues.
I hear you loud and clear about Vimovo helping to switch off things along with the D3,  but I would reconsider the rest of the regime now that your reducing the Vimovo level ?    It makes sense to me to take as many anti inflamatories as possible, especially ones that only have a positive reaction to our bodies and provide a huge range of other benefits,  it could help reduce the levels of vimovo even further that you need to take, which would be a positive ?????   thoughts ?
colin

Colin,

Thanks for the suggestions. Hmmm. As I mentioned, I did try the whole Batch D3 regimen, religiously, for over a month, without a cessation in my CHs. Yes, it's possible resuming it now, when I'm CH-free, might prolong the periods between taking a maintenance Vimovo. However, it's already at the point where I'm able to take 1 Vimovo every few days without any hint of shadows or CHs, so I don't really feel the need to load myself up with vitamin supplements for this reason.

I'm a little concerned about taking calcium supplements, as Batch himself suggested I avoid them, as I also get some arthritis pain in my right hand from time to time (especially when I've burned down the Vimovo). As for the magnesium, there is some Esomeprazole magnesium in the Vimovo, albeit only 20mg per tablet, so I might take another magnesium supplement. As for the fish oil, I still take some from time to time, just not every single day without fail, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough. One thing I have started to experiment with is substituting 3x100mg 5-HTP every day instead of a 10mg melatonin before bed each night. I may alternate between the 5-HTP and the melatonin, depending on how my sleep goes, but so far, the 5-HTP does help me get to sleep, but it also makes it easier to wake up in the morning, too. Since 5-HTP is a serotonin precursor, my serotonin levels are probably higher now, too. Smiley

You are right that the objective is to keep inflammation levels down, but that's exactly what the D3+Vimovo does extremely well. It's so effective at this point, I really don't see the need to supplement it any further.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 3:05pm by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 3:21pm

anubis44 wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 2:24pm:

Jon

You don't have to read them. I'm presenting information. If you don't like it, don't read it. Frankly, I'm getting a little sick of hearing people say that what I'm presenting is a 'dangerous' option. I've already provided evidence that even straight Naproxen is safer than Ibuprofen or aspirin in terms of the number of death attributed to it in the 10 years leading up to 2014. And I'm not even suggesting straight Naproxen, I'm suggesting something SAFER than that. If you really think it's unacceptably dangerous, that's your problem, not mine. Don't take any, and keep getting CHs. That's your prerogative.

I only responded to Hoppy's sniping, because it was insulting. Telling me that 'over the counter pain killers don't work', after I've written detailed explanation of why my variation on the D3 regimen is NOT just 'over the counter pain killers' by themselves was insulting. I went to a huge amount of trouble to explain why my routine is NOT just Ibuprofen or Vimovo by themselves. Furthermore, Vimovo is not an 'over the counter' medication, which only further demonstrated that Hoppy had not read what I had written. Then he went on to question whether I even suffer from CHs, yet another insult, after I had detailed exactly how I was diagnosed by a CH expert here in Ottawa. If people don't insult me first, i don't insult them back.

There is nothing 'muddled' in my responses. They are detailed, yes, so others can benefit as much as possible. I've already reported my findings without insult. The D3+vimovo works like a magic wand. I don't know exactly what else you're waiting for. Frankly, I'm getting to the point where I might just stop responding to this thread altogether. I've provided virtually all the information anybody who would want to try my variation would need to know, so really, there's not much more I can contribute, and I'm not going to sit here and respond to ridiculous accusations and criticisms for no reason. The only reason I'm STILL here is because I remember how life-affecting my CHs were, and I wanted to help as many people as possible get what I believe is a permanent respite from CHs.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #80 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 4:21pm

I suggest you read what you have written and then edit it before posting it, then it wouldn't be  Questioning or as you put it "insulting you".

Hoppy

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #81 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:03pm

Hoppy wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 4:21pm:
I suggest you read what you have written and then edit it before posting it, then it wouldn't be  Questioning or as you put it "insulting you".

Hoppy

So because something I wrote wasn't clear to you, I >deserve< scorn and derision? It's all MY fault, eh?

I suggest you assume the best about people, instead of the worst and rushing to insult them. If something isn't clear, instead of discounting what I'm saying out of hand, you can politely ask me to clarify instead of making bold statements of criticism such as 'over the counter pain killers don't work!' and 'You DON'T sound like you get CHs to me!'. Manners will get you everywhere.

Blacklab and Aussiebrian also asked me challenging, clarifying questions without being accusatory or insulting, and I answered them in kind. You might want to try the same.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:29pm by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #82 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:12pm

If you don't like being  Questioning on your snake oil remedy then tough titty's.

Hoppy

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #83 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:24pm

Quote:

Jon

And what, pray-tell, was the point of re-posting what I said without a comment, just to highlight the fact that I'm getting annoyed with a couple of trouble-makers who are attacking me and my credibility?

When I first came to this site, I thought it was a forum for cluster headache sufferers to share their treatment experiences with other sufferers so we could all support each other. What I'm experiencing is a bastion of cult of personality, rabid defense of treatment 'fifedoms', and closed-mindedness. The pettiness on here is breath-taking. I've never seen people so in love with their own treatment routines that they'll completely reject a new, safe one, completely out of hand. Frankly, I'm quite disgusted, but of course, that's exactly what a few people sniping from the sidelines want me to feel, so I've decided I refuse to do that. I only posted my results because my routine is safe (my GP and my neurologist have both condoned the Vimovo as perfectly safe for me), and has been completely, 100% effective. If anybody who is still suffering wants to try it, for the sake of pity, let them ask their OWN doctor about D3+Vimovo, instead of YOU telling them not to take it.

If you have a question about it, please ask. If all you're here to do is rant "It's not safe! It's not safe! It's not safe!", when there are people taking things like Verapamil and Prednisone, and I KNOW it to be safe for most people beyond any doubt, you're not welcome here. Please provide evidence of what you're saying or bugger off.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:35pm by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #84 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:28pm

Hoppy wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:12pm:
If you don't like being  Questioning on your snake oil remedy then tough titty's.

Hoppy

How mature. I guess my GP and neurologist, and years of research proving Naproxen is safer than Ibuprofen or Aspirin are ALL WRONG, and YOU are right. Thank you for your input, Dr. Hoppy.

I don't mind being questioned, I just resent being mindlessly attacked. Just because you're in love with your oxygen tank, it doesn't mean everybody else has to be.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:30pm by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 7:26pm

anubis44 wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 6:24pm:
Quote:

Jon

And what, pray-tell, was the point of re-posting what I said without a comment, just to highlight the fact that I'm getting annoyed with a couple of trouble-makers who are attacking me and my credibility?

When I first came to this site, I thought it was a forum for cluster headache sufferers to share their treatment experiences with other sufferers so we could all support each other. What I'm experiencing is a bastion of cult of personality, rabid defense of treatment 'fifedoms', and closed-mindedness. The pettiness on here is breath-taking. I've never seen people so in love with their own treatment routines that they'll completely reject a new, safe one, completely out of hand. Frankly, I'm quite disgusted, but of course, that's exactly what a few people sniping from the sidelines want me to feel, so I've decided I refuse to do that. I only posted my results because my routine is safe (my GP and my neurologist have both condoned the Vimovo as perfectly safe for me), and has been completely, 100% effective. If anybody who is still suffering wants to try it, for the sake of pity, let them ask their OWN doctor about D3+Vimovo, instead of YOU telling them not to take it.

If you have a question about it, please ask. If all you're here to do is rant "It's not safe! It's not safe! It's not safe!", when there are people taking things like Verapamil and Prednisone, and I KNOW it to be safe for most people beyond any doubt, you're not welcome here. Please provide evidence of what you're saying or bugger off.

Like all medications that contain NSAIDs, Vimovo may increase the chance of a heart attack or stroke that can lead to death. This chance increases with longer use of NSAID medicines, in people who have heart disease. NSAID-containing medications, such as Vimovo, should never be used before or after a type of heart surgery called coronary artery bypass graft (CABG). As with all medications that contain NSAIDs, Vimovo may increase the chance of stomach and intestinal problems, such as bleeding or an ulcer, which can occur without warning and may cause death. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.

Want any more?

Potter

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #86 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:38pm

Hey, Anubis, don't feel as though you've been singled out. Newbie-bashing is a bit of a sport around here, especially if your thoughts and ideas are a little new or innovative.

Just yesterday a first-time poster mentioned he was getting some relief using cypress oil and the first post to greet him was "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa."

Only a fortnight back a brand-newbie replied to the Tryptomine DALT thread to say he was having a bit of success with it as an alternative therapy. He was immediately advised his post was difficult to read without para-breaks and when he bridled a little at the welcome the next post was, "Took [him] eight hundred days to make their first pissy post and prolly gonna wait eight hundred more to reply."

Haven't heard from either of them since and there's been so many more, including those whose 'stupid and dangerous' ideas are now mainstream CH therapies.

An interesting exercise is to click on someone's user-name to bring up their profile, scroll down, and you can click to see their last 40/80 posts. This will give you an idea about how they respond to others and how much they're here to help or otherwise.

Since putting my email address on the bottom of all my posts I've been contacted privately by four ClusterHeads and a Supporter who choose not to post here.

Two of them began posting but were pretty much driven away, two never even made a first post, and one didn't even join though we correspond regularly and she's thankful for my help.

This is an open forum which means everyone has the right to post their opinion or to howl down anyone with whom they disagree.

It's only airheads like myself who believe we're all here to help ClusterHeads and their Supporters deal with a horrible, horrible disease and to perhaps claim some of their life back.

Ah, well. Full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes,

Brian down under.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:51pm

AussieBrian wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:38pm:
Hey, Anubis, don't feel as though you've been singled out. Newbie-bashing is a bit of a sport around here, especially if your thoughts and ideas are a little new or innovative.

Just yesterday a first-time poster mentioned he was getting some relief using cypress oil and the first post to greet him was "Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa."

Only a fortnight back a brand-newbie replied to the Tryptomine DALT thread to say he was having a bit of success with it as an alternative therapy. He was immediately advised his post was difficult to read without para-breaks and when he bridled a little at the welcome the next post was, "Took [him] eight hundred days to make their first pissy post and prolly gonna wait eight hundred more to reply."

Haven't heard from either of them since and there's been so many more, including those whose 'stupid and dangerous' ideas are now mainstream CH therapies.

An interesting exercise is to click on someone's user-name to bring up their profile, scroll down, and you can click to see their last 40/80 posts. This will give you an idea about how they respond to others and how much they're here to help or otherwise.

Since putting my email address on the bottom of all my posts I've been contacted privately by four ClusterHeads and a Supporter who choose not to post here.

Two of them began posting but were pretty much driven away, two never even made a first post, and one didn't even join though we correspond regularly and she's thankful for my help.

This is an open forum which means everyone has the right to post their opinion or to howl down anyone with whom they disagree.

It's only airheads like myself who believe we're all here to help ClusterHeads and their Supporters deal with a horrible, horrible disease and to perhaps claim some of their life back.

Brian down under.

You've taken trolling to a whole nother level.  I salute you.
Edit: If you go back far enough you could read my first ridiculous post claiming I had found the magic bullet for taming clusters.  Jonny soon came along and gently set me straight.  Oxygen and more Oxygen.

Potter   

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:11pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #88 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:03pm

Quote:
Like all medications that contain NSAIDs, Vimovo may increase the chance of a heart attack or stroke that can lead to death. This chance increases with longer use of NSAID medicines, in people who have heart disease. NSAID-containing medications, such as Vimovo, should never be used before or after a type of heart surgery called coronary artery bypass graft (CABG). As with all medications that contain NSAIDs, Vimovo may increase the chance of stomach and intestinal problems, such as bleeding or an ulcer, which can occur without warning and may cause death. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events.

Want any more?

Potter

Oh yeah? I'll see your scare-mongering, cover-my-ass warning label and raise you a wikipedia entry:

"(Naproxen) is the preferred NSAID for long-term use in people with a high risk of cardiovascular (for example, heart attacks or strokes) complications,[3]:665 due to its relatively low risk of causing such complications. Naproxen has an intermediate risk of causing stomach ulcers as compared with ibuprofen, which is low-risk, and indometacin, which is high-risk.[4] In order to reduce the risk of stomach ulceration, it is often combined with a proton-pump inhibitor (a medication that reduces the production of stomach acid) during long-term treatment, in those with pre-existing stomach ulcers, or a history of developing stomach ulcers while on NSAIDs.[2][3]:665,673"

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

That last sentence in the quote is exactly what Vimovo is. This article seems to be implying that you can even take Vimovo if you HAVE a history of stomach ulcers or bleeds, as the protein pump inhibitor reduces the production of stomach acid during the dose.

You don't seem to get it. What you quoted is full of 'May... May... May...'. The manufacturer of Vimovo is COVERING THEIR LEGAL ASS. They are warning the heck out of people, JUST IN CASE somebody dies who shouldn't have been taking it. Drinking too much water can kill you, too. The United States is so litigious, of COURSE they have a scare-mongering warning in the fine print. But the RESEARCH is what I'm reading, NOT the 'cover my ass' legalese, and the research says Naproxen is proven to be the safest NSAID and with a protein pump inhibitor, it's even safer for long-term use.

If you'd stop being so thick-headed and stubborn when faced with real information on Vimovo, you might just be able to put away the damned oxygen tank for good.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:34am by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:17pm

I only push O2 and mooshies I like safe.

Potter

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #90 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:20pm

Quote:

Potter

Bully for you. Some of us want to be able to go out WITHOUT hauling around an oxygen tank. And better yet, not get any CHs in the first place.

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

Perth WA
Reply #91 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:27pm

Anubis wrote, I don't mind being questioned, I just resent being mindlessly attacked. Just because you're in love with your oxygen tank, it doesn't mean everybody else has to be.

Smiley I don't need to cuddle my oxygen bottle and if you read through my replies properly you wouldn't have to make such a stupid comment, instead, you pick out the bits that suit your ego and call them sniping, where as, I call them how it is.

This thread has been viewed 1695 times with 91 replies! I would like to hear from folk that are trying your remedy and their results?

Hoppy

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 11:43pm by Hoppy »  

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #92 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:51pm

anubis44 wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:20pm:
Quote:

Potter

Bully for you. Some of us want to be able to go out WITHOUT hauling around an oxygen tank. And better yet, not get any CHs in the first place.

In your fervor to post you missed the part where I said I'm ten years pain free.

Potter

IP Logged

Potter
Ex Member

Reply #93 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:51pm

Hoppy wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:46pm:
This thread has been viewed 1695 times with 91 replies! I would like to hear from folks that are trying your remedy and their results?

Hoppy

The number is gonna be zero.

Potter

IP Logged

blacklab
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 11:21pm

Yep,  This sounds really familiar  !

I'll give ya all some mail !
What has transpired here is friggen disgusting !
Everyone needs to take a damn good look at themselves !
If everyone wants a forum,  only for there own views to be gospel and anyones comments that differ from there's are to be berated, ridiculed and personally attacked, Well, this forum would then become useless !! as it seems to be heading.
Everyone, as I see it, has a right to express views, experiences and tribulations, with regard to our affliction, I don't think any one person, regardless of length of time or shortness of time contributing here has any special right of passage !!
Its unfortunate that Anubis and hoppy got off to a wrong footing ! I know Hoppy and respect his input and contribution both here and on other places, I also think Anubis is genuine in his approach with using Vimovo and his willingness to document his experience with it, which is with doctors supervision.....
How about we accept people with different views or approaches, all contributions, whether they be ill informed, or taking a new tact, should be at least given a fair crack at it.
So maybe a chill pill is in order,  those opposing have made their views known, which should be respected as well  !
... But enough is enough  !
  geeez
C

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #95 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 4:45am

Thank you AussieBrian & Colin.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #96 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 6:47am

AussieBrian wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:38pm:
Hey, Anubis, don't feel as though you've been singled out. Newbie-bashing is a bit of a sport around here, especially if your thoughts and ideas are a little new or innovative...

...This is an open forum which means everyone has the right to post their opinion or to howl down anyone with whom they disagree.

Brian down under.

Brian,

Thank you very much for your supportive words.

After mulling things over a bit, I've come to some conclusions. First of all, although I don't like to make generalizations about people, I had always known that America is a very litigious country. Just driving down the I-81 to Atlanta to visit some relatives, I noticed that practically every billboard was a lawyer's advertisement to help you sue the crap out of somebody for something. In Canada (where I live), Australia and the U.K., such 'legal cases' would often just be thrown out of court as baseless. Based on some of the responses to D3+Vimovo, I'm starting to realize just how confused, frightened, and frankly, paranoid, some Americans can be. Apparently, it's cultural, so I don't blame anybody personally. Apparently, nobody can trust anybody or anything in that country, and so, even if the overwhelming consensus of medical research has demonstrated that Naproxen is safer than aspirin or Advil, and Vimovo, being a Naproxen+protein pump inhibitor, is even safe enough for people with a history of stomach ulcers to use long-term, that's still not going to be good enough. The mistrust in these people is epic.

So, in the spirit of goodwill, in spite of some hostile and bitter replies, because I want CH'ers to try what has worked for me, (especially chronic CH'ers!) I'm going to recap, since I know some people might only read the latest posts in an active thread.

I'm going to reiterate that I, a chronic CH'er, still haven't had a single CH since I was 18 days on the D3+max dose Vimovo back on Nov. 2nd, 2015. (Yes, for that initial loading dose period, you will still need your usual abortive in the event you still get a CH, until they've stopped altogether). Not ONE SINGLE CH. Not even a little, tiny one. Only the vaguest hint of a shadow whenever I burned down the Vimovo a little too much.

I'm going to reiterate that this is not an abortive treatment. I don't take D3+Vimovo only when I sense an actual CH coming on. This is a preventative treatment. That means that once you have stopped your CHs with daily D3+Vimovo doses, you should not get any more CHs. Since I was chronic at the time I started this regimen, I don't know what the implications are for an episodic sufferer. It may be that you can break a cycle with this regimen, and not need to take the Vimovo again unless/until you sense another cycle coming on. I don't know. My belief is that you may be able to avoid a cycle entirely if you are able to resume the D3+Vimovo regimen at the earliest sensation of a shadow.

I'm going to reiterate that this treatment dropped my inflammation levels (meaning prostaglandin levels) down to the point that I have been able to cut down the Vimovo to a single 500/20mg tablet every few days (while still taking one and sometimes two 10,000iu D3 daily). At this point, I'm basing it on how I feel, as I've become quite attuned to my inflammation levels by now. For example, if I start to get arthritic soreness in my right hand joints, I know my inflammation levels in general are rising, and it's time for another Vimovo. So far, once I got past the 3 week loading dose period, I have been able to take no more than 1 Vimovo/day. I haven't had to take 2 in a day.

I'm going to reiterate that Naproxen, the main ingredient in Vimovo, is listed in wikipedia (wikipedia, for crying out loud!) as "the preferred NSAID for long-term use in people with a high risk of cardiovascular (for example, heart attacks or strokes) complications,[3]:665 due to its relatively low risk of causing such complications," and "In order to reduce the risk of stomach ulceration, it is often combined with a proton-pump inhibitor (a medication that reduces the production of stomach acid) during long-term treatment, in those with pre-existing stomach ulcers, or a history of developing stomach ulcers while on NSAIDs.[2][3]:665,673" I'm going to reiterate that Vimovo is just such a Naproxen/protein pump inhibitor-class of drug.

Best wishes to all, even to you, Hoppy & Potter! Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:17am by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #97 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 6:58am

Quote:
Hoppy wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:46pm:
This thread has been viewed 1695 times with 91 replies! I would like to hear from folks that are trying your remedy and their results?

Hoppy

The number is gonna be zero.

Potter

I would have thought that a curmudgeon such as yourself would have preferred several people to try my regimen and have it fail? Or are you that afraid that it really does work that you feel the dire need to ward off any takers? Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:18am by anubis44 »  

IP Logged

Peter510
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give out... But
don't give in.

Wexford. Ireland
Reply #98 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 6:59am

All,

If we can't show each other a bit of respect and hold a reasoned debate (on any proposed treatment), then how in God's name can we expect the rest of the population to take us seriously ??????

P.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old....You grow old because you stop laughing.

IP Logged

anubis44
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #99 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 7:01am

Hoppy wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 10:27pm:
Anubis wrote, I don't mind being questioned, I just resent being mindlessly attacked. Just because you're in love with your oxygen tank, it doesn't mean everybody else has to be.

Smiley I don't need to cuddle my oxygen bottle and if you read through my replies properly you wouldn't have to make such a stupid comment, instead, you pick out the bits that suit your ego and call them sniping, where as, I call them how it is.

This thread has been viewed 1695 times with 91 replies! I would like to hear from folk that are trying your remedy and their results?

Hoppy

For once, something we both can agree on. I, too, am curious to hear from someone else who is trying this to see what their results are!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!