Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Muslum / Christian head butting »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Muslum / Christian head butting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Muslum / Christian head butting  (Read 4603 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Muslum / Christian head butting
« Reply #50 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 12:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok boys enough already.  Since I've been here longer than any of you (Except Bob G) I can safely say, I've seen people come, go, come back, get their feelings hurt over nothing and some make a big to do over nothing. I don't take things personally and neither should anyone else. That's what starts most of the big to do's around here.  

We've always been able to say what we think and how we think it and that part has never been censored.  

A lot of people come here (and for the life of me I can't figure it out) to JUST BELONG. Sometimes they contribute and sometimes they're just trolls. No one has ever told me I don't have CH (except maybe Bob P - jokingly and I took it that way).  

Flo if your sense of right and wrong is so strong, go ahead a vent, but most of us will keep telling our "ethitnic" jokes and laughing at the ones that hit us. We have been since this board was put up. Like I said before -- everyone needs to lighten up  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

DonnaHar

Email

« Reply #51 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The cursing and swearing here are hurting my eyes, ears. nose and throat.  It is not religiously correct.
IP Logged
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life like a froward child must be humored a little

Email

« Reply #52 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 1:21pm »

1.  Flo- Don't you dare call the idiots who protest the funerals of fallens soldiers Christians.  No matter what they call themselves, they are completely anti-Christian in their theology.  God is love (see the Bible) and they preach that God hates (and so do they).

2.  I am PC and proud of it.  I don't expect others to be PC but my feeling is that it isn't any trouble to try and avoid offending other people.. Why shouldn't I give it a try.  If Johnny wants to be called a King of the Pricks instaed of King of the Dicks, why not?  (I hope you all know Im kidding about calling jonny either of these)

3.  To me the person telling the joke defines whether I am offended by it.  If a man ina white sheet says he "jewed him down", I am offended.  When my wife's grandmother said the same thing, it didn't bother me a bit.  Intent is when offends to me, not words.

4.  In my mind it would kill people to be more PC but they have every right to be whatever way they wish to be.  It also wouldn't hurt people to get a thicker skin and learn to  laugh at themselves a little more.

5. Any Christian that says anyone is going to hell is NOT following the Bible.  In the Bible it makes it clear that we will be surprised when we get to heaven at who is there.  We should be less interested in telling others where they are going and more interested in making sure we are going ourself.  We are not to judge but to love.

6.  Did I ever tell you the joke about the black man, the mexican, and Muslim?

IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 1:40pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 1:21pm, FramCire wrote:

6.  Did I ever tell you the joke about the Nigg.er, the Spic, and Towelhead?

Fixed it for ya....LOL Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #54 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 1:41pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 12:31pm, DonnaHar wrote:
The cursing and swearing here are hurting my eyes, ears. nose and throat.  It is not religiously correct.

Damn I'm sorry Donna... you KNOW I wouldn't offend you for the world.  Hey, did the Hurricaine blow away my pink thingy?? Wink
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

DonnaHar

Email

« Reply #55 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 2:42pm »

I do know that Barbara.

I thought we agreed not to talk about what went on down here....HurriCaine or FastEddie...I don't remember.  I'm just anxious for you all to come back.

The Tiki Hut is still packing 'em in.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #56 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 4:51pm »

Actually, in its purist sense, Islam is as tolerant as you can get with its respect for other faiths. It's a basic tenent. Of course nothing is easy and religions are at the mercy of those that say they speak for Gods and prophets. Islam has had more than its share. Christianity:....yikes!

Just about all religions derive for a form of the golden rule. You'd never know it from listening to nothing but TV. They have to have groups of people to point to as enemies. Satan is pretty handy as an excuse to keep the faith......on edge...and very politically incorrect. God will get them for that.

Western countries, because of geography and economics.... some of them anyway, have allowed a lot of people a little spare time to deal with their faith. That examination isn't always fun or very enlightening. Political correctness just ain't much of problem there.

It's a good thing for which to strive so long as we don't flog ourselves when we make small mistakes. A little common sense is good enough for me so long as we have a social conscience as well. Give it shot.

God will get us for the big stuff.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
jimmers
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hello GOD! The gene pool needs some chlorine!

« Reply #57 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 5:08pm »

Maybe I'll start a new Ch website, I'll call it, um, lets see, I think I'll call it ITCH.

Intellectuals
Targeting
Cluster
Headaches

Probably only have one, maybe two members. Grin

Go scratch,

Jimmers
IP Logged

I don't suffer from INSANITY; I'm enjoying every minute of it!
floridian

Email

« Reply #58 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:15pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 1:21pm, FramCire wrote:
1.  Flo- Don't you dare call the idiots who protest the funerals of fallens soldiers Christians.  No matter what they call themselves, they are completely anti-Christian in their theology.  God is love (see the Bible) and they preach that God hates (and so do they).

So, like, we just redefine anyone who says they are Christian but acts bad or disagrees with our theology - now they are non-Christian?  Do other religions get to do that - like was the Rabinical student that assassinated an Israeli Prime Minister a Jew, or was the Hindu that assasinated Gandhi really a Hindu?  And if millions of Muslims denounce Al Qaeda as un-muslim, does that mean that they are not.  

I would suggest that there are hateful people in all religions.  People in all religions that just don't get it.  But if you want to give us the power to define who is really a member of a religion, that is just as well.  

Seems like people here want to have it both ways - we get to purge the klan and Reverend Phelps and the people that carried out genocide against the American Indian and enslaved Africans in the name of the church.  But when 19 killers say that they Islamic and kill Americans, they really are Islamic, and no distinction can be made between those that derrive peace and tolerance from their religion, and those that are out to 'slit our throats.'      

IP Logged
Paul98

Email

« Reply #59 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:58pm »

Flo-

When have you ever seen a hatefull Amsh?  Or modern Quaker?  Menonite?  Budist?  

-P.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #60 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:05pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:58pm, Paul98 wrote:
Flo-

-P.

I have one who comes in and pays buukuu bucks in political endorcement ads for his favorite local candidate, sometimes funding their entire campaigns.  

Sheriff's race this fall this guy spent over 5 grand for the candidate.  Candidate spent zero on his own race.

Yes he IS a quaker.  Just very politicaly active.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #61 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:13pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:15pm, floridian wrote:
And if millions of Muslims denounce Al Qaeda as un-muslim, does that mean that they are not.  

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THIS IS HAPPNENING......PLEASE!!!!!

I FUCKING BEG OF YOU>>>>PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

floridian

Email

« Reply #62 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:16pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:58pm, Paul98 wrote:
Flo-

-P.

Can't  say I have, with the exception of Budhism - eg, the military dicatorship of Burma, previoius Budhist kingdoms that have launched wars, tortured, etc.  

But the three Chrisitan denominations you mentioned were small, self-organizing minorities that never represented the religion as a whole.  They started with intentional policies, and people who didn't agree didn't sign on.

Oh, wait.  Nixon. 'Quaker' sorta, except he never went to Friends Meetings, and he wanted the religion spied on and disrupted because they spoke out against his lies and war.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:24pm »

Where are the Muslims that denounce Al Qaeda, Flo?

Dont see none over here.....opps, none here....Hell, Ive never heard of one!

FooL!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

floridian

Email

« Reply #64 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:26pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:13pm, Jonny wrote:

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THIS IS HAPPNENING......PLEASE!!!!!

I FUCKING BEG OF YOU>>>>PLEASE TELL ME!!!!

Here you go, hater ...  
http://www.juancole.com/2005/07/friedman-wrong-about-muslims-again-and.h tml#

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #65 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:29pm »

Please enlighten me how you came up with "hater", Flo

Please!!!!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

floridian

Email

« Reply #66 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:39pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:29pm, Jonny wrote:
Please enlighten me how you came up with "hater", Flo

Please!!!!

Because this is not the first time here that you have made this claim, and not the first time that it has shown to be false.  Yet you still paint an innacurate picture to tarnish all people in that group. Add to that various deragotory remarks you have made in the past, and it is clear to me that you are bigot.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #67 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:51pm »

Ok, are you saying that Im not only a fucking moron......Im a bigot to boot?

Now who is rude?......this goes against your earlier post...LOL Grin
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #68 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 9:53pm »

Somebody please tell Flo to use my PM.....Im done with this  Wink
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #69 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:00pm »

I think you are both better than what is being "slung"

Tolerance brothers.........

The only one I have a beef with albeit a respected member did not reply to my post.

PM PM PM.

Night
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
floridian

Email

« Reply #70 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:15pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 9:51pm, Jonny wrote:
Ok, are you saying that Im not only a fucking moron......Im a bigot to boot?

Now who is rude?......this goes against your earlier post...LOL Grin

When you post links to a game about shooting wetbacks, which are portrayed as breeders, drug dealers, and have targets on them, then I will call that dehumanizing and bigoted, even if you say its for good natured fun.  Even if you say it was only targeted against illegals. It reveals something about the depth of your character, or lack there of.  

And when you make deragotory remarks against people that wear turbans and pretend it was only directed against the terrorists, you dont fool anyone.  Any reasonable person would see that those remarks were directed at a larger target.  

Sorry, I don't think labeling bigotry for what it is makes me the prime source of rudeness here.  

IP Logged
KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #71 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:31pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 8:09am, floridian wrote:

I know for a fact that some sufferers rarely come to this board, or no longer come at all, because of the intolerance and intentional disrespect.

on Dec 17th, 2006, 10:33am, floridian wrote:

I stand by my position - people are being driven away from pain-reducing information because other people have equated tact and self-restraint with PC. Others who have walked away were knowledgable and would have otherwise made valuable contributions to board.  Extreme ideas about free speech and the right to offend trumps the idea that this should be a board where all sufferers are welcome.  Those people aren't anti-PC, they are plain rude.  

IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #72 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:52pm »

First, STOP FIGHTING...PLEASE.  Or take it to PMs if you must continue.

Around Thanksgiving, I was at a physical therapy appointment, and I have gotten to know one of the PT aides pretty well.  I wouldn't call him a friend of mine or anything, but I end up seeing him a lot since I've been going to physical therapy for the better part of this entire year, plus or minus a few months.  So at that appt a few days before Thanksgiving, I asked him if he celebrates Thanksgiving in his family.  He said he doesn't - He is a Jehovah's Witness.  Then he went on to say something about how he doesn't tell many people that (when I said I never knew that he was...) because of how people will then say a bunch of derogatory things to him, including yelling at him for Jehovah's Witness's going door to door (which he does not).

I said, "I'm not that person..."  (And told him he should know that about me by now!)  I then asked him why it is that Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in celebrating holidays at all - I truly was curious.  He explained his reasoning behind it.  I did not agree with it, but I didn't say anything rude, derogatory, or mean to him.  I simply said, "Oh okay - thanks for sharing that with me.  I am truly interested in knowing how other cultures/religions/etc view different things.  I don't have to agree with it, but I am tolerant and interested in learning about it."  I think he was rather surprised by that.....

Even if he had personally condemned me for worshipping false idols because I celebrate Thanksgiving, I wouldn't have come back at him with some rude remark...because it's just not my way.  Why respond to hate with more hate?  (Oh and I want to make it very clear that I am not saying that Helen should not have defended Jasper from that woman - I'm talking about the random time when two adults get into a pissing match about beliefs and so on).  

My next door neighbors are muslim (from India), and they're quite lovely people.  I respect their traditions when I visit - and they respect ours when they come to our house.  My parents were invited to their oldest daughter's wedding.  Just because they are Muslim does not make them evil people.  

I agree with so much of what Framcire has said in this thread - THANK YOU!  I'm a Christian, and I do not believe in condemning people to hell.  Only God can decide that - not man.  God is the only one who can judge another person.....and I really don't think we can just read the Bible and "KNOW" what God is going to decide about another human being.  I do believe the Bible is the Word of God (although my upbringing probably has my beliefs not quite the same as the next), but I don't think that gives me the authority to tell another person that they are going to hell.  I try to live my life with tolerance and love for others as best I can.  I know I fail miserably at it sometimes, but I'm only human....

In this holiday season, can't we all just try to be a little more tolerant, a little more loving?  What good does it do to breed hatred?  Then we're just as bad as the terrorists and other fundamentalists who hate us so much....

My .02.  I don't think I'm better than anybody else here - just a person trying to get by.  I just personally believe in striving for kindness always....

PF Wishes,
Carrie Smiley
IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #73 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:28pm »

Flo - Jesus Christ ate and hung out with sinners and preached loving your enemies.  If someone steals from you, he said give him more.  If someone strikes you, he said turn the other cheek.  While all christians have their sins and flaws, those who preach that God hates anyone is not teaching CHRISTIAN theology, PERIOD.  Read the Bible and tell me where it tells you to hate anyone (including your enemy - which I posted the link to where ti says to love them).

To me being a Christian lies in believing in Christ's  teachings  (See Websters 1a definition of Christian).  Those who hate others and preach that God hates ANY PERSON are COMPLETELY contrary to what Jesus taught.  So no, I am not asking you to redefine anything, I am asking you to use the exsisting definition.

Jonny-  There are plenty (most liekly a vast majority of muslims) of Muslims who denounce Al queda but they also are not that vocal.  Also, the media wont get nearly the ratings if they put them on TV as they will by putting radicals on.  

IP Logged

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you. No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do
FramCire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #74 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 11:37pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 10:52pm, Lizzie2 wrote:
I do believe the Bible is the Word of God (although my upbringing probably has my beliefs not quite the same as the next),

Carrie.  I feel this way as well.  I loved your post.  It reminded me of a coversation I had witha Jehovah's witness on a plane ride once.  She was reading her Bible and I commented about it and we got to talking.  She was a lovely woman who also had some interesting things to say (at least 1 thing she said has stuck with me to this day).

Anyway, it is a season that means a lot to me and the main focus (outside of the religious aspect) for me is my family.  You all are family to me and I am glad to you guys my brothers and sisters.  Have a great Holiday season.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss