Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Muslum / Christian head butting »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Muslum / Christian head butting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Muslum / Christian head butting  (Read 4599 times)
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

Re: Muslum / Christian head butting
« Reply #75 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 7:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I must be a bigot.
I have little use for those people, or their apologists.
Which makes me as much a xenophobe as they. So be it. They have earned it. Many times over.
The sooner we finish draining their natural resources. And no longer have an economic interest in them. The better.
Jonny:
As for waiting to hear from the moderates in that society. Remember that when you are dealing with a death culture. The suicide bombers ARE the moderates. The rest of them want to kill all of us.
They have stated that many times, over the generations. As personal, religious and state policy.
Love and forgive them all you wish. They want you dead.
 smokin
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #76 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 8:12am »

Quote:

Just about in my backyard we have a sort of small province of Arab-Americans living in the Detroit area, the largest in the U.S. and about 350,000.  The cross section of religious mix shows Muslim faction with Muslim faction and Muslim with Christians all living together peacefully and without noticable controversy

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2006, 8:31am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #77 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have you bought your rug yet? Nekid twister with baby oil still sounds like fun.............
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #78 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:35am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 10:36am, Maffumatt wrote:
Have you bought your rug yet? Nekid twister with baby oil still sounds like fun.............

Too much stuff going on with Christmas - rug shopping in the New Year!
IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #79 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 5:06pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 11:35am, floridian wrote:

Too much stuff going on with Christmas - rug shopping in the New Year!

Don't forget to buy the baby oil............and to invite Jonny and Chewy over for an evening of slippery fun.
IP Logged
Mrs Deej
CH.com Administrator
USA 

My life is what I make it....and it's beautiful!

« Reply #80 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:45pm »

on Dec 17th, 2006, 10:33am, floridian wrote:
I stand by my position - people are being driven away from pain-reducing information because other people have equated tact and self-restraint with PC. Others who have walked away were knowledgable and would have otherwise made valuable contributions to board.  Extreme ideas about free speech and the right to offend trumps the idea that this should be a board where all sufferers are welcome.  Those people aren't anti-PC, they are plain rude.

So what the hell do you suggest we do...you want free speech on a free public forum or do you want a website to censor EVERYTHING you have to say.

Flo, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you have a problem exercising your first admendment right everytime you get on here and post.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!  We are now on page 4 and have gotten NO WHERE!!!!

Who gives a shit if you hang from the chandeliers naked chanting or dance around a campfire wearing undies on your head.  Who cares!!  As long as you don't kill something or someone...you're good.  Now, I do have to say that it was rather rude of the individual to say something about an innocent child singing something that she believes in...I would have kicked some ass...you don't fuck with someone's kid!!

Why did everyone flee to the US way back when...religious oppression...how many years ago was that?  ....we have accomplished nothing... Undecided  

...exhausted... Cool
IP Logged

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!

pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #81 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 11:25pm »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 10:45pm, Mrs Deej wrote:

So what the hell do you suggest we do...you want free speech on a free public forum or do you want a website to censor EVERYTHING you have to say.

Steph, why should it be all or nothing?  I know this is a general board on a medical site.  But don't kid yourself into thinking that newbies looking for pain relief read only the med boards.  And if threads like this one and countless similar threads in the archives turn not only the newbies away in disgust, but also seasoned veterans who can give good advice, this once admirable site will quickly slip into mediocrity.  Then nobody wins.

patk
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #82 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 12:24am »

Pattik:
As long as this site has all its free flow of rants, raves, ideas, help, discussion and what not. It will not slip into mediocrity. No matter how hard you try.
 smokin
IP Logged

George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #83 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:44am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 11:25pm, pattik wrote:

Steph, why should it be all or nothing?  I know this is a general board on a medical site.  But don't kid yourself into thinking that newbies looking for pain relief read only the med boards.  And if threads like this one and countless similar threads in the archives turn not only the newbies away in disgust, but also seasoned veterans who can give good advice, this once admirable site will quickly slip into mediocrity.  Then nobody wins.

patk

I dunno, Patti.  Clusterheads are pretty tough--newbies, veterans, whomever.  I can't speak for anyone else, of course, but I don't think I'd leave because there are a few squabbles about politics, religion, who goes to which potty, whether perfume is PC, or other vitally important issues.  

Actually, compared to a lot of places, I think ch.com is remarkably civil.  It always puzzles me when people assert that there's an inordinate amount of strife here.  People are people, after all, and whenever there's more than one, particularly if the mix is full of strong-minded people, there's going to be a fight eventually.  No big deal.  

I don't get involved in the political/religious kerfluffles here as a general rule.  It's not because I don't have opinions--I certainly do--and they'd probably be thoroughly offensive to some (I would hope so), but it's not what I'm here for.  I can argue about politics in plenty of other places.  Persuasion is always more interesting than assertions, finger-pointing, and who called who a bad name, anyway.          

Besides--I think it's valuable to know who's an anarchist, a liberal, a republican, a madman, or a neanderthal.  That way you know just where to stick the knife in if the necessity or the opportunity ever arises.   Wink

Best wishes,

George
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:45am by George_J » IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #84 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 3:03am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 10:36am, Maffumatt wrote:
Grin
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #85 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 8:25am »

threads like this one and countless similar threads in the archives turn not only the newbies away in disgust, but also seasoned veterans who can give good advice, this once admirable site will quickly slip into mediocrity.  Then nobody wins.

in contrast, borrowing from jon019's thread

on Dec 18th, 2006, 11:58pm, jon019 wrote:
"It is a singular anxiety which some people have that we should all think alike. Would the world be more beautiful were all our faces alike? were our tempers, our talents, our tastes, our forms, our wishes, aversions and pursuits cast exactly in the same mould? If no varieties existed in the animal, vegetable or mineral creation, but all moved strictly uniform, catholic and orthodox, what a world of physical and moral monotony would it be!"

IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #86 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 8:53am »

Message boards and Internet converstaions give people the feeling thet they can say things that they would never say in public or face to face with anyone. It should be called the drunken Gibson syndrome since only alchohol has the same affect.
I stopped getting involved in debates because they inevitably degrade into name calling and personal attacks because people feel they have the freedom to get personal. Its easy, just type, press send and its out there for the world to see without any consequences.
 Whats more interesting is that the same debates play out over and over again. Just change the names and the time and they are carbon copies. It gets old
 This whole religion vs. religion and PC crap has got to be the stupidest debate yet. Everyone is arguing about the righteousness of their way when their way is nothing more than cults based on words written by men, not gods but men.  If religion helps you to get through your life good for you. Most people need some help. If I need a crutch I'll go to the pharmacy and buy one but don'ty crticize me if you don't like the color or shape of it. You shouldn't even be aware of it unless I stick it out to trip you.  

IP Logged
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #87 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 9:24am »

Steph, why should it be all or nothing?  I know this is a general board on a medical site.  But don't kid yourself into thinking that newbies looking for pain relief read only the med boards.  And if threads like this one and countless similar threads in the archives turn not only the newbies away in disgust, but also seasoned veterans who can give good advice, this once admirable site will quickly slip into mediocrity.  Then nobody wins. patk

I have to agree with patk here.  For *me*, the debates/discussions/arguments, themselves, don't bother me.  It's the vituperative comments that they tend to engender.  I love a good debate, as long as it doesn't deteriorate into name calling or *you're a ___________ because you believe _____________."  Last time I looked, bashing someone over the head with your ideas/beliefs DOES NOT make them any more likely to believe the way you want them to believe, it just sours them on the whole discussion.

Look at the cluster headache support sections where there is a bit of traffic.  How many *newbies* are coming to the main board?  

I was an administrator on a board for 6 years (over 5,000 members) and I'm currently an admin on another board and neither of them allow any type of personal attack for any reason.

'darlin

IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

« Reply #88 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 11:16am »

If you don't like whats written then don't read. I thought this was a great topic and even though it got a bit heated I still respect the opinion of everyone here, including Flo. This board is full of people from all kinds of backgrounds with different views and it would be a disgrace to not let people express themselves in a place like this. To all those who feel hurt....get over it! just my 2 pennies. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

« Reply #89 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 11:27am »

Who gives a shit if you hang from the chandeliers naked chanting or dance around a campfire wearing undies on your head.  

...exhausted... Cool

Have you been talking to Helen about me again   Grin

Dape  Grin
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #90 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 11:31am »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 11:27am, davyp wrote:

Have you been talking to Helen about me again   Grin

Dape  Grin

You cheeky monkey! Grin
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #91 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 11:53am »

An issue like global warming, new theories, and other topics have books written and conferences on highly professional levels that wind into surprising turmoil also.  Discussing any such issue will have polarity, anywhere.  

IP Logged
Josh W
New Board Newbie
USA 

Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Email

« Reply #92 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 11:56am »

Variety is the spice of life.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #93 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:08pm »

What do I suggest?  As I have said previously, I think it would be nice if there were some policy that said something along the lines of 'racism and religious bigotry is not welcome'

Its a false dilemma to assume that Either there are no rules, Or Else there is no freedom. Most patient forums, medical BBS and what-not have some policy or rule to this effect.  

For example, something on one board states:  

"When using this site, please do not post material that:

·  contains hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.  

Are you saying that anything goes here?  That people can post vicioius anti-Jewish tripe and advertise for the KKK?  That obscene anti-Christian 'art' would not be removed?   I don't think so - that crap obviously has no place here.  But when a regular posts something racist that defames Mexicans, Hindus, Muslims, or other groups, that is defended as just 'free speech.'  

Quote:

Flo, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you have a problem exercising your first admendment right everytime you get on here and post.

One argument against any rules, and standard response here, is that 'good speech drives out bad.'  Not sure that is correct as bad speech can also drive away good people, but speech is the only recourse here.  So rather than remain silent or ignore some things, I will object to them.  

Quote:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!  We are now on page 4 and have gotten NO WHERE!!!!

Who gives a shit if you hang from the chandeliers naked chanting or dance around a campfire wearing undies on your head.  Who cares!!  As long as you don't kill something or someone...you're good.  Now, I do have to say that it was rather rude of the individual to say something about an innocent child singing something that she believes in...I would have kicked some ass...you don't fuck with someone's kid!!

Why did everyone flee to the US way back when...religious oppression...how many years ago was that?  ....we have accomplished nothing... Undecided  

...exhausted... Cool

You would kick someone's ass because they fucked with  your kid asked you as a parent if your child could make less noise in a confined public place?  Maybe the woman on the train didn't want to listen for religious reasons. Maybe it was because she had a migraine. I don't know, and it really doesnt matter. As much as I like Christmas music, I don't imagine it to be inalienable right to sing to strangers in all public settings.  

Not sure about your statement that everyone fled to the US for religious freedom, only to accomplish nothing.  For one thing, LeLimey missed the boat. Wink - the story took place in England, me thinks.  And I'm pretty sure that people ARE able to worship as they please in the US - no evidence that churches and synagogues are being closed by an oppressive government. Some people are upset because they can't take over government buildings and use that to promote their particular brand of religion, or because other religions want to put up Menorahs or other non-Christian symbols, and they think that would make their symbols less special. But real freedom of religion isn't under threat.  

I also find it kinda puzzling that you create a thread called 'got compassion?' and pin it to the top, yet outside of that abstract space, you seem to be defending the right to engage in incompassionate behavior.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:21pm by floridian » IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #94 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:13pm »

on Dec 19th, 2006, 11:16am, JeffB wrote:

If you don't like whats written then don't read.

I still respect the opinion of everyone here, including Flo.

To all those who feel hurt....get over it! just my 2 pennies. Roll Eyes

I hope you get a dictionary that contains the "R" words for Christmas.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #95 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:19pm »

Whatever dude!

Go take your shrooms and stare at a wall.
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #96 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:26pm »

Flo it didn't happen on a train, it happend on a very empty concourse at 2:30pm in the afternoon while waiting to see what platform my train would come in on.
Jasper wasn't being noisy, he isn't a flamboyant kid at all, he was just singing very quietly and she could have just as easily moved away. There were only about 30 people on the whole damn concourse. If she had been praying I would have made sure to stand well away with Jasper so as not to disturb her so why are double standards allowed from her? She set out to cause an incident.
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #97 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:29pm »

Hey JeffB,
With all due respect, after you have spent years helping countless thousands of people to deal with a life changing malady, with no expectations of gaining anything for it and after you have personally advised many more thousnads on the best way to alleviate pain and suffering from this malady will you have the right to degrade a man whom many consider an exceptional humane being.  
But then again if you had 1/10 of the compassion that Bob W has you would never have made a statment like that.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #98 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:43pm »

Ok, so from the perspective of a single standard based on free speech, your son has the right to sing, and anyone has the right to ask you have him stop for any reason. If there is a disagreement, call in the conductor or a bobby.  ??

IP Logged
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #99 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 1:43pm »

Thanks for your opinion, Karma.  
I know what Bob has done here and I respect him for that. Unfortunatley he has also ripped apart a young lady who was trying to do the same. When he questioned someone and then thought it right to have that person prove herself and her credentials I had an issue. Guess I still do. Kisses and hugs, dear! Kiss
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss