Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 4:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 5-HT activity in Kudzu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   5-HT activity in Kudzu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21  ...  27 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5-HT activity in Kudzu  (Read 32696 times)
john_d

Email

Re: 5-HT activity in Kudzu
« Reply #450 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 3:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hey folks,  

Quick question- Anybody experiencing any dizziness or lightheadness related to using Kudzu?

Thanks,  John
IP Logged
Major
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #451 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Yes - my husband had some dizziness at the beginning, and occassionally now.  It wasn't too severe though.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #452 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 3:24pm »

If you're experiencing dizziness, you should check your blood pressure. Spacing the doses may help, also.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
cj
New Board Newbie
USA 

glad to find support

« Reply #453 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 8:57pm »

IWent today and picked up the Kudzu at a natural food store.  What should this really look like? I've seen the capsules on web sites.  They sold it only in bulk and it looks like white chunks of chalk. This man told me that this is the purest form of Kudzu.  I really have no idea if this is true or not.   He took his first dose already this evening.  In a glass of warm water.  I read that you should take 750 mg a day.  We can only take dose of 1tsp that should equal 1000mg a day.  He took it all at once.  I also got B and C complex dietary supplement.  Hope this all sounds right.  We have never purchased this before. Just how quick does this work if it does? hours, days?    help[color=Purple][/color]  Huh
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #454 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 10:52pm »

on Mar 21st, 2005, 8:57pm, cj wrote:
 They sold it only in bulk and it looks like white chunks of chalk. This man told me that this is the purest form of Kudzu.    help[color=Purple][/color]  Huh

It sounds like kudzu starch, which is used in cooking. From a post earlier in this thread, kudzu starch is washed and many of the medicinal properties are washed out. A supplement is your best bet. For some it has made a difference in 24 hours, others are still experimenting and getting varied results. Good luck and keep us posted.  Smiley
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #455 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 9:33am »

Flo, ozzy, somebody....This question came up on another thread. Any possible interactions between kudzu and prednisone? I know nothing about the 'roids, since I never have (or never will) use them.
IP Logged

Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #456 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:33am »

Update: Going on two weeks pain-free, now. Using nothing but Planetary Formulas kudzu and a multivitamin. Who's a happy boy? ME!!  Grin
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #457 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:20pm »

Judging from the past weeks cranial activity, looks like I'm going to be able to give the zu a real life trial under fire!

Luckily I ordered a couple of bottles last week so they should be here any day.

Is the routine to take the max dose on the bottle but spread it out over the day?

Incidently, tried the other alternative therapy on Sunday but it hasn't slowed the upward ramping.

I'll keep the research committee posted on my beta.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:45pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #458 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:40pm »

Sad  Sorry to hear that Bob. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works right away!!
IP Logged

jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #459 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:17pm »

Way to go Frank Grin I am taking the same thing and am on my 8th straight day myself. WOW!! laugh
Another happy boy........
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:18pm by jokrs2 » IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #460 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:18pm »

Bob, first of all, sorry to hear that you're getting hit.

The thing that has worked for me is to be very disciplined about when I take my doses. Planetary Formulas, 750mg capsules, 2 capsules/dose, three times a day.

First dose: As soon as I wake up in the morning, with one of my two-a-day multi-vitamins.

Second dose: When I get home in the evening. (Usually around 5-6 p.m., in conjunction with the second half of my multi-vitamin)

Final dose: Just before going to bed at night, around 11 p.m.

I hope this works for you, pal. Hang tough.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:19pm by Jeepgun » IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #461 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:33pm »

Quote:
Hang tough.

Thanks Frank and Nani.  Been at it, on and off, for 34 years and it ain't killed me yet.

Whether I take them or not, I'm gonna bleed my insurance for every medication I can get and then go into the mail order business!  I figure I'll sell them to the Canukians below their own prices and really mess with thier heads.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Flash

Email

« Reply #462 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:44pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:20pm, Bob P wrote:
Incidently, tried the other alternative therapy on Sunday but it hasn't slowed the upward ramping.

And this is uh... Tuesday.  So I guess that'll be that then!  *shrug*

BobP - how about you just focus on one of these treatments and do it properly.  That way we might at least gather some useable data.

A sensible approach would be to pick only one of the following options then stick with it:

A) Go with this Kudzu thing and follow the guidelines that these pioneers have established that appear to bring the best results.  But don't go mixing it with shrooms because they are only likely to fuck each other up.

OR  

B) Do this level 2 shroom thing once every 7 days with nothing other than O2 in between times.

OR

C) Do the shroom sip thing method which is similar to the Kudzu in that it involves dosing 2-3x per day (but with a very small dose typciallt 0.5g).

OR

D) 'The Magic Bullet'.  Yes there is one and it really does cure CH permanently.  Just take a real gun, put it either in your mouth, or under your chin and pull the trigger.

But please just pick one and stick with it.

PS  It HAS to be loaded with a live round.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:44pm by Flash » IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #463 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:54pm »

Quote:
BobP - how about you just focus on one of these treatments and do it properly.

O crap!  You mean I did it wrong, again!

Flasher - So far I have had zero, nada, no medications of any kind.  I grabbed a small dose out of the freezer and just chewed it up and swallowed.  This was Sunday.  A slightly larger fungi popsicle will meet it's demise tonight.  I have determined, after exstensive testing, that this is the correct way to do it because it fails to work better this way than the other ways I've tried!
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:16pm by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #464 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:36pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:44pm, Flash wrote:
D) 'The Magic Bullet'.  Yes there is one and it really does cure CH permanently.  Just take a real gun, put it either in your mouth, or under your chin and pull the trigger.

Man, that's not even remotely funny. What is the matter with you?
 Angry Huh
IP Logged

thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #465 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:51pm »

Damn, that is a little overboard.  As much as Bob P has pissed me off over the years, I would still NEVER EVER suggest that to some one with ch, you know damn well how tempting it can be, that was just a bit too strong of a comment.  Talk like that does not help any of us.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #466 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:53pm »

Quote:
Man, that's not even remotely funny.

No problem Frank.  Flash and I have a love / hate relationship;

I love making him look like an idiot

and

he hates me for it. Grin

Quote:
As much as Bob P has pissed me off over the years,

Looks like my work here is done!
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:55pm by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #467 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:53pm »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:36pm, Frank_W wrote:

Angry Huh

Scotch sense of dramatic irony.....?
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #468 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 3:12pm »

That way we might at least gather some useable data.

So, if he tries it again tonight and it fails him yet one more time - will it still be unusable data?  Just so I get this straight.....only the success stories are considered usable data?  Hmm...interesting math.  

Yeah, yeah, I know 'but Margi, he's doing it wrong.  Shut UP Margi.'

Alrighty then.   Lips Sealed

In other words, absolutely no need to respond, I already can predict your canned response.

oh and by the way - your "cure", Flash.   Tiny bit over the edge, Craig.  Dirty pool.

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
floridian

Email

Prednisone and Kudzu
« Reply #469 on: Mar 22nd, 2005, 8:54pm »

I don't know of any interactions with kudzu and corticosteroids. There are some interactions between soy isoflavones and corticosteroid production -  soy isoflavones in high dose may increase prednisone as it blocks the enzyme that breaks down prednisone and cortisone. I would think that if you are taking steroids, you would not need kudzu and might want to avoid it due to possible interactions.
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2005, 9:04pm by floridian » IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #470 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 4:43am »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:36pm, Frank_W wrote:

Angry Huh

Only having 10 weeks pain in 12 years (instead of 24 months pain) has resulted in a total loss of emphathy.
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #471 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 5:08am »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:54pm, Bob P wrote:

O crap!  You mean I did it wrong, again!

Flasher - So far I have had zero, nada, no medications of any kind.  I grabbed a small dose out of the freezer and just chewed it up and swallowed.  This was Sunday.  A slightly larger fungi popsicle will meet it's demise tonight.  I have determined, after exstensive testing, that this is the correct way to do it because it fails to work better this way than the other ways I've tried!

Several dozen people have been down this path and pretty much tried and tested every permutation of dose and dosing interval, so it might be worth taking our input on board.

There are proven 2 techniques and it's likely that either one OR the other will work:

A) Take 1.5g dried cubensis ONCE every 7 days until the episode terminates.  Most people require 2-3 doses... incurring 2 weeks of unmedicated pain.  Some people (like me get) relief after a single dose.

OR

B) Take between 0.25 and 0.5g dried cubensis first thing in the morning, and last thing at night.  Some people also take an in-between dose during the day.  Do this for 1-2 weeks (depending on how well things go), then take 1 week off and see how that goes.

With both methods the time off is as impotant as the dosing.  Things take a while to settle down - nobody knows why.  Hammering the condition with large doses spaced closely together is not recommended and tends to be counter productive.  

In your case I'd recommend method B), one reason being that you don't really like tripping, and also because it tends to incurr less attacks than the wider spaced larger doses do.

The good news is that once someone has got their optimum dosing regime figured out it seems to work for them on an on-going basis.

Keep a diary of your daily kip score totals to get some idea where you're at.

That's my advice.  

But if you're going to be a test pilot, whether with shrooms or kudzu, then give it a good proper go... then when they both fail we'll denounce you as a lying sack of shit and let that be the end of it.  <--- *joke* BTW.

« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2005, 5:10am by Flash » IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #472 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 5:12am »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 2:53pm, seasonalboomer wrote:

Scotch sense of dramatic irony.....?

Smiley well spotted!
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #473 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 7:49am »

on Mar 22nd, 2005, 1:54pm, Bob P wrote:

I grabbed a small dose out of the freezer and just chewed it up and swallowed.  This was Sunday.  A slightly larger fungi popsicle will meet it's demise tonight.

Bob --

I'm very interested in knowing the age of that particular batch and what potency it retained relative to its potency at the time it was stored. I'm presuming you dehydrated it completely before placing it in the freezer?

Did you weigh it out before consuming? What description would you say best suits the effects this time -- i.e. Level 1 dose, Level 2, etc.

Just a suggestion -- it might be better to start a new thread to detail the results (or lack thereof) of this test rather than continue in this particular thread.  

A couple more questions if you don't mind --

1) If I recall correctly, you were one for whom a session of vigorous exercise tends to stop an attack fairly rapidly. Is this still the case?

2) If I recall correctly, you are also one for whom cafergot has always worked. Will you be able to obtain a supply of that should both the mushrooms and kudzu prove unsatisfactory? I've heard it is becoming increasingly difficult to get ahold of in many parts of the US.
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #474 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 9:19am »

Pinky is your email address still the same?  I sent you an email a couple of weeks back.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21  ...  27 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss