Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 1:14pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 5-HT activity in Kudzu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   5-HT activity in Kudzu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22  ...  27 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5-HT activity in Kudzu  (Read 32682 times)
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: 5-HT activity in Kudzu
« Reply #475 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 9:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I received my 2 jars of zu yesterday in the mail.  So:

fungi
zu
O2 & vasso-constrictors

in that order.  Let the games begin!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #476 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:47pm »

Very best wishes, Bob. Sorry to hear that you're getting slammed. Hopefully, the kudzu will help... Hang in there, pal.
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #477 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:56pm »

Frank,
No slams yet.  Maybe some less than gentle nudges.

Who knows.  Maybe they won't get any worse than this.  Normally I'd be getting 3  K10s a day by now.  Maybe an upside to getting old and gnarley.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #478 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 1:14pm »

I hear ya'. In the eight/nine years that I've had CH, this is the first mild cycle I've had. In past years, I would awaken one night with a real whopper, and then for the next 6-8 weeks, everyday, getting hit hard, 4-5 times each day/night.

This year, for whatever reason, I've had several mini-hits, and nothing above a single Kip-7. Not that I'm complaining! LOL!  Lips Sealed
IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #479 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 1:18pm »

on Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:56pm, Bob P wrote:
Frank,
No slams yet.  Maybe some less than gentle nudges.

Who knows.  Maybe they won't get any worse than this.  Normally I'd be getting 3  K10s a day by now.  Maybe an upside to getting old and gnarley.

Or maybe them frozen fungi? Grin

Sorry, couldn't resist Lips Sealed

-Lee
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #480 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 2:30pm »

Hey, could be Lee.  Note that so far I dosed Sun and Tues and the Mon and Wed morning hits were mild.

So you kudzu crew.  I got the SolRay which has like 165mg zu and 150mg zu extract.  Label says 2 tabs a day.  Is that what you been using?  Do you go any higher than that and if so, how long do you try the recommended dose before upping?

Just want to be ready in case Plan A should not work well.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2005, 2:33pm by Bob P » IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
sundancer
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #481 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 2:58pm »

I know you didn't ask me however just putting in my two cents worth.. starting taking zu 8 days ago the Solaray brand, started out taking two a day,  then three a day, now I'm taking one in the morning before I eat, one before dinner and two 30 minutes before bed.  The first five nights when taking zu I was ready to throw in the towel.  The last three nights since taking two zu's before bed and adding melatonin I've been PF at night, had a few shadows during the day but I'm not complaining.  I'm afraid to cheer too loudly, don't want to wake up the angry beast but, something seems to be working.  

Best of luck to you.
IP Logged
sundancer
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #482 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 3:14pm »

Forgot to mention....added 1 magnesium tab three times a day also.  I have a feeling it's not one thing that has brought about the PF nights but the cocktail itself.

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #483 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 3:49pm »

I'm so glad you're finally getting some relief, sundancer.  Smiley I added magnesium at the same time as kudzu also. Hope you have continued success!
Bob...I am taking 4, 750mg tabs a day. 2 in the morning (days are worst for me) one in the afternoon and one at bedtime. According to the bottle I can take up to 2 more tabs a day. It seems like you can take over 2500 mgs a day. Most folks have had the most success by taking their biggest dose before their worst "hit" time. Sort of like the lithium "pulsing" method.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #484 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 6:20pm »

ALL RIGHT Sundancer!! Grin Oh, what a relief it is.....

Bob. I am taking the same product as Nani, only I am taking 2 750mg pills 3x daily for a total of 4500mg/day with out any side effects and it is keeping me k3 or below with mostly just shadow. 9 days without a severe hit and I am a chronic. BTW anyone know where I can get (legal shroom spores to create mycelium)? Joe
Always wanted to be a farmer Wink
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #485 on: Mar 23rd, 2005, 6:32pm »

Reminder

If you've been 'zuing for more than a week please fill out the first week survey. Thank you for your cooperation.  Smiley
IP Logged

Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #486 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 11:59am »

Another discovery: Yesterday, half-bleary-eyed and in a hurry to get out the door and get to work, I forgot to take my morning dose of kudzu. I took the evening dose and the dose just prior to bedtime. At midnight, I got hit. It didn't last more than about 20 minutes, and didn't get above a Kip-6, but after nearly two weeks 100% pain-free, it was a rude shock. This further supports my theory that with kudzu, being disciplined with timing and dosages is essential to success.
IP Logged

clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #487 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 12:03pm »

on Mar 23rd, 2005, 2:30pm, Bob P wrote:

So you kudzu crew.  I got the SolRay which has like 165mg zu and 150mg zu extract.  Label says 2 tabs a day.  Is that what you been using?  Do you go any higher than that and if so, how long do you try the recommended dose before upping?

Bob - I am on the Solaray.  I like it.  I take 3 a day, one in the morning, one at about noon, and one before bed.  This seems to be working well for me.  I started with 2 a day, but increased as I dropped the Verapimil, and hits slightly increased.  I feel that the hits are now managable.  I also take a multivitamin in the morning, and a b-complex at night.

What I mean I guess is that I notice daily CH hits, with definite CH characteristics, but they are very mild, and don't last terribly long.  These are different from shadows, which have decreased as this somewhat regular pattern of muted hits has taken shape.  I know that I am not in remission.  But, I also know that things are many times better than before the kudzu.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #488 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 12:10pm »

Funny....it seems kudzu helps stop episodes, but only makes life a lot easier for chronics. I'm not in remission, either...but still about 98% PF. Still calling myself a chronic (albeit a very happy one), nani
IP Logged

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #489 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 2:54pm »

ok all,  Here is my question.  I have always been one to get hot as hell and bad sweats with my CH.  The hotter I get the harder I will get hit.  Since being on the kudzu, I seem to be getting the sweats more oftern.  The massive hit / pain that usually accompanes it, does not always come, but I did not know if anyone else notices this.  Is this just my bodies reathion tot he added starch, any ideas?
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #490 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 2:59pm »

I get "phantom" hits, Tia. My body will have all the autonomic responses that I would have with a hit, with very little or no pain. I wonder if it's the same kind of thing?
IP Logged

sundancer
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #491 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 3:27pm »

After 9 days on zu, I too get phantom hits which I immediately think oh dear here it comes...but the HA doesn't materialize.

Don't get any of the other symptoms you describe, sweating hot, however getting hot, or sweating a lot will trigger my HAs.
IP Logged
Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #492 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 3:57pm »

This cycle, I haven't had any symptom, other than pain. I haven't had the hanging eyelid, "melting" face, the sweats, or anything like that. I don't know how much is attributable to the kudzu and how much is because this has been a comparatively mild cycle... I also wonder if the kudzu would be as effective as it is, if I were having the full-on rock'n'roll cycle that I usually get.

In any case, the kudzu is working and I'm a happy camper. Smiley
IP Logged

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #493 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 4:10pm »

on Mar 24th, 2005, 3:57pm, Frank_W wrote:

In any case, the kudzu is working and I'm a happy camper. Smiley

The kudzu is giving me some relief.  I keep trying to figure out my dosage and tiems that will work the best.  I am so happy for you Frank.  And everyone else that is finding relief.  

PFDaN, Blessed Be
-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Groove
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Then, one day...

groove2306  
Email

« Reply #494 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 12:10pm »

I started taking the zu yesterday.  At this point I haven't felt any benefits (obviously), but I can already say that one of the GREAT benefits will be an end to my fighting with the damn pharmacist over how much trex I'm taking (assuming the zu actually DOES work).

To be continued in the survey....
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #495 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 12:19pm »

That's one of the joys of clusters Groove.

I didn't want to hassle the insurance over the triptans so I asked my doc for cafergot.  He wrote a script for 50 tabs, 2 refills and then the "not more than 10/week" statement on the dosing.  Well my insurance only covers 1 months supply per prescription so they cut it back to 40 tabs

Then the O2 dude comes by and wants to leave me 2 little E tanks for a whole week.  I made him up it to 4 tanks.  Then he pulls out 2 nose canulas.  Told him to keep them since I had a couple of non-rebreather masks from last time.

It souldn't be so hard to get the right stuff!
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #496 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 12:51pm »

Think positive, Groove!! I'm hoping you have swift and positive results!  Smiley
IP Logged

ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #497 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 1:36pm »

As I have said it before, and Frank recently mentioned as well, the importance of timing and consistency with the Kudzu can not be over emphasized. I forgot to take my dose at noon, and had heavy shodows all afternoon. The shadows soon resolved when I took a my dose.

This also leads me to another point. This is not a "cure" it at most keeps the beast at bay (for chronics at least). I will be intersted to see what happens with episodics after they taper off (I suggest tapering off and even suffering through afew hits to truly see if it ended the episode)

Ozzy
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #498 on: Mar 26th, 2005, 5:43pm »

on Mar 25th, 2005, 1:36pm, ozzy wrote:

This also leads me to another point. This is not a "cure" it at most keeps the beast at bay (for chronics at least).  

Ozzy

Yup. I have really good days and not too good days. Still much better than before.  Smiley  
The other day was kind of bad and my husband mentioned that I was looking like "the old days, before kudzu."  
Observation: I'm not a big drinker, but like to drink when I go out. My husband and I were out last night and I had absolutely no desire to have a drink. It just didn't sound good. I take the Planetary Formula Kudzu Recovery, which is a blend formulated for alcohol recovery. Hmmm...
IP Logged

clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #499 on: Mar 27th, 2005, 8:21pm »

I agree with the "keeping the beast aat bay" assessment.  My cycle is not broken, but I am finding considerable relief.  i would say that Kudzu is a great prevent, better than any other I have tried.  I still get hit, but mostly lightly and for shoet periods.  

Like Frank, I am realizing that timing is everything.  If I forget to take a dose, I get hit or get shadows.  

As for alcohol, I have been drinking a little bit more, 2 pints on St. Patty's day, a couple since.  But, now I usually don't feel too terrible of side effects from it.  When I feel the shadows, or get a few light hits, I definately stay away from the beer and wine as I don't want to tempt fate.

Love the zu,

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22  ...  27 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss