Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 11:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  25 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Texas Meet and Greet Feb. 28 Dallas  (Read 4268 times)
rumplestiltskin

Email

fuckin bookeepers
« Reply #75 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Lemme guess

Y'all are also impressed by those stars under yer names and the # of posts listed...actually think Jonny is "king" of something...and think singing "100 bottles of beer on the wall" is a great way to wile away the afternoon.

Who says we Southerners don't know how to have a good time. I can make a torch outta belly button lint and farts...watch this y'all !

Good grief
den
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Texas Meet and Greet
« Reply #76 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 5:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Kiss 51 days now......
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #77 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 9:40am »

Embassy Suites on  I-40?? Road names would be helpful for me. We know roads better than Hiways lol. Let me rephrase...hubby knows roads. I know nothing.  

I am really excited about this. Can't wait! Really hope DJ can make it. It would be an honor to meet him. As it will be to meet all of the rest of you.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #78 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 10:15am »

Grin Hay guys I grow up in Plano just north of Dallas.
My brother and mother still live there.
I know I can't make it in feb but I will be there for a week in July. Maybe we can have a small get togeather then?

I would love to meet ya'll
IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #79 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 11:51am »

Embassy suites is by the Galleria Mall.  The Galleria Mall is on 635, aka LBJ Freeway.  This would be north of downtown dallas between i35 (aka stemmons frwy) and i75 (aka i45 or central expwy). confused yet  Huh Huh Huh

I believe it is the Dallas pkwy. exit off of 635.  Rick_K can elaborate more.

Renee and my CH supporter  
Txbasslady  
Donna D  
Roxy  
BarbaraD  
Rick_K & wife
Miklos  
Jadedgazer & Mike (hubby)  
rumplestiltskin & Georgia  
brad267  
jflynn  

updated list above!  15 and many more to go!!

Have a pf day
renee
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

jadedgazer  

« Reply #80 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:15pm »

OK cool! I know exactly where that is! We can get off I-30 in Rowlett and get there thru Garland with out getting back on the freeway, which makes us very  Grin. We hate the freeways there! Especially 635, the worlds largest parking lot! Hehehe.

We used to live down there. So getting around that part of town is no problemo. Keep us up on the details.  

Hubby is still a little aprehesive but willing. I think it will be good for him. He is a fabulous supporter! He has been reading the boards with me and wonders sometimes if we are all insane, hehe. But at least he understands my psycho moments a little better. He also thinks we can glean more info about how to better treat me from this meet, as I do too. I know I am looking forward to it.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #81 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:49pm »

on Jan 8th, 2004, 12:15pm, jadedgazer wrote:

Hubby is still a little aprehesive but willing. I think it will be good for him.  

Your hubby needs to read one of the best posts I have ever read here.  It was written by Buddy, Elaine's hubby, after going to our get together down in South Carolina.

Edit .. Putting the link in did not work, but here is Buddy's post:
I now understand!
« on: Nov 9th, 2003, 10:41am »  Quote  Modify  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
I am married to Elaine, I think Elaine was the first to take the chance and go on a 3000 mile drive to met people who had clusters. I thought then she had lost her mind and was against her trip. Every time she went on a trip I worried. I would tell her you don’t know these people. You are nuts. Her answer was always, she knew them.  
I have met a few of her cluster friends on a one to one base. I enjoyed the visits but still did not understand. Yesterday I went with my wife to Nancy’s.  I watched Nancy run up to the truck her face glowing with excitement and watching that same excited look on Elaine’s face. I watched as she met and hugged each person that arrived. Each one of them had that same excited look on their face. I listen as they all talked.  I heard the different stories. The more I listen the more I watched each of them and saw that glow in their eyes. I realized that you all need each other, that you all have a bond that is wonderful and unbreakable. I felt connected to these people as a supporter. I never thought I needed that connection until yesterday.  
For four long years I have not understood, why my wife worked so hard on O.U.C.H., why each one of you mean so much to her.  The people I have met I could not walk away from. I see now that the work she has sat at this computer and done and the phone calls and the chats are much more important to her than I could of thought. Elaine is not only devoted to helping herself but all of you to. I think each one of you learn from each other how to deal with the pain. It kills you that you can’t take the pain from each other. I saw my wife’s face and others when Chuck and Mike were being hit. I saw sadness; I watched the fear in my wife’s eyes. I felt her hand as she took mine and I knew how bad she wanted to help and how helpless she felt.  
A Cluster to me was my wife waking in the middle of the night screaming to the top of her voice, me watching her cry and think she was going to die because the pain was too bad to live. Me feeling lost cause I couldn’t stop it. Until yesterday I realized not only was my wife not alone but neither was I.  I know now why all of you are important to Elaine. Now it’s important to me also. I want to get to know each of you and if I can help please let me. I will help anyway I can. I will back my wife and give her more time to do what ever she can to help. I will also be more understanding on her trips, because I will now be with her. If you support someone and you have never been to any of the gatherings, and you don’t understand their need for each other and what the important  
Of  O.U.C.H. means, then go to one. It will touch your heart and you will realize not only does your husband or wife need these people but you as a supporter need them also.  

« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:55pm by ClusterChuck » IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

jadedgazer  

« Reply #82 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 1:05pm »

Wow, I am so close to tears by that one Chuck. I will have him read it. Mike (my hubby) knows that this is important to me and therefore he is behind me. I couldn't ask for better support than him. I know that I would have done something drastic to end the pain long ago had it not been for the support of my husband. He is my lifeline during the darkest moments.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #83 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 1:48pm »

I just read Buddy's post outloud to my husband.  It could not have come at a better time.  Between work, the kids and the newsletter he tends to get a litttle neglected.

Thanks Chuck for posting that bit of information.  It reinterates what I have been saying all along.  I need you guys.

Donna D.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2004, 1:51pm by Donna_D. » IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #84 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:34pm »

tell your hubby that this will be the first meet and greet for many, including myself.

am i nervous?  you bet!
am i skeptical?  you bet!
am i worried that i'll be the only sober one in the group?  YEP
am i looking forward to meeting those that have helped me and given me support?   YOU BETCHA!

will i miss out on it!!  NOPE  Wink  
IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.

jflynn
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #85 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:37pm »

That Embassy Suites is by the Galleria.  I-635 and North Dallas Parkway are more commonly called LBJ and the Tollroad.
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:40pm »

on Jan 8th, 2004, 3:34pm, Renee wrote:
am i nervous?  you bet!

Don't be so nervous!  Of the list that you have going, I only saw one that is an axe murderer, and one a rapist.  No PROBLEMO!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #87 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:43pm »

gee....thanks chuck

i feel much better now!   laugh
IP Logged

Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:46pm »

if they take the tollway, not tollroad, they will miss the hotel thus they need to stay on svc. road which is dallas pkwy.

besides, there are several tollways in the metroplex.

just trying to not confuse anyone since each major road here has 2 different names.   Cool

IP Logged

Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #89 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 6:30pm »

The Embassy by the Galleria is at:

14021 Noel Road  
Dallas, TX
(just south of Spring Valley)

If you put this address into Mapquest it will find it.

There is an exit off the tollway for Spring Valley and Noel is one block east of the tollway.
IP Logged

episodic since 1969........damn
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #90 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 11:10pm »

Having possible problems with La Hacienda reservations.  I will talk to the G.M. on Saturday but they do not typically allow reservations for Saturday nights.  I told the asst. manager we would be coming earlier in the day on Saturday but would be staying thru the dinner hour also.

Can everyone make it say around 2-3 pm, earlier or later?

If La Hacienda doesn't work...I'll find another place!
Renee
IP Logged

Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Re: Texas Meet & Greet
« Reply #91 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 12:38am »

on Jan 8th, 2004, 3:27am, rumplestiltskin wrote:
...and think singing "100 bottles of beer on the wall" is a great way to wile away the afternoon

Isn't it a 1000 bottles of beer......
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2004, 12:39am by Rick_K » IP Logged

jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

jadedgazer  

« Reply #92 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 10:01am »

We stayed at the La Hacienda once and had a terrible experience. We made reservations for a downstairs/smoking room (hubby doesn't do stairs very well at times), I was very specific in my request when I made the reservation. They put us on the top floor in a non-smoking room and when we complained they finally changed it, but we were charged more and the room had lousy AC. Not good if you have MS and it is August. They didn't have very good customer service. We were just very unhappy with the overall experience there, the management was not very cooperative at all. I recall something about finally having to show proof of some sort that he was disabled so that we could be moved downstairs even though he was walking with a cane at the time. I was quite furious.

Just my 2 cents.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #93 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 10:39am »

Jadedgazer,

La Hacienda is only a restaurant, single floor only.  

You must have stayed at a hotel/motel named La Hacienda?

The hotel we are using in embassy suites...read above posts.

Hope this clarifies things for you.  Wink
renee
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2004, 10:39am by Renee » IP Logged

jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

jadedgazer  

« Reply #94 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 11:04am »

Yes it was a hotel off 635...not a good place...had a blonde moment there sorry. LOL

I got it now. {snicker}

I really have to learn to control those blonde spells... too much dye over the years, went to my brains...Hey! maybe that is why I have CH! You know us women aren't supposed to have CH, it is all the hair dye girls. LMAO
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #95 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 4:26pm »

i used to have blonde hair but it all grew out!  don't know what happened to it?  lol  

no, actually i'm a brunette with more and more gray popping thru every damn day!   Cry

bump for texas meet and greet!
IP Logged

Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #96 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 8:44pm »

Friday night, sitting at home and on the computer...must be getting old.

Here's a bump for Texas    Grin

Only 4 pages...whats up with that  Huh
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #97 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 8:53pm »

We can always stay at the Embassy if the LaHacinda doesn't want us. They have food there also. And we wouldn't have to drive ... Why don't we just meet there and decide what to do after we get started visiting.  

In NO we never moved off the couch in the bar. They brought us food which we ate off the coffee table and it was a great meal (I think). We were so busy talking that I don't think anyone knows what the heck they ate or cared.  

Anyhow, just tell me where and I'll find it - with Donna's help (BTW Donna, you HAVE to go with me - I get lost in my driveway - Dallas is BIG!!)

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Rick_K
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #98 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 9:02pm »

on Jan 9th, 2004, 8:53pm, BarbaraD wrote:
I get lost in my driveway - Dallas is BIG!!)

No problem, just call me and I'll meet ya'll at the city limits.   Grin Grin

IP Logged

Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #99 on: Jan 9th, 2004, 10:58pm »

Just meeting at the Embassy Suites sounds like a good idea!  I was told today they will cater things like snack trays, etc. for groups but have not called on it.

Could someone holding reservations call and inquire into this, please?

100 posts, 5 pages.....AND.....many more to go!
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2004, 10:59pm by Renee » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ...  25 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss