Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The best 15 dollars I ever spent (Read 27079 times)
AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Re: The best 15 dollars I ever spent
Reply #50 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 6:34pm

SamR wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 6:24pm:
...just wish I knew of some way to get my hands on the stuff that is known to work...

Look to the bottom left of your screen and you'll see a button for ClusterBusters. There's a lot of information there that may help.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #51 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:49pm

This is the link Sam....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #52 - Feb 17th, 2012 at 9:16pm

SamR wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 6:24pm:
But for some ridiculous unknown reason, it is illegal...

Rivea Corymbosa seeds are perfectly legal to buy, sell, and plant. It would serve you well to find out where you can obtain some.

Here's a good place to start:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

SamR
CH.com Newbie

Pennsylvania
Reply #53 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:41pm

Thanks for the recommendation!  I did just that and I'm on my way (hopefully) to busting these beasts...
Will let you know -

Sam

You can act like a man...

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #54 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 3:24pm

You're welcome.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Kristie
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Los Angeles
Reply #55 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 5:15am

Okay, now I feel SO stupid.  On one of my very first posts, I did mention Sinus Busters and I now read that maybe this site has been abused by people hawking the stuff and especially by newbies (I'm proud to say in one week, I've gone from being a "newbie" to being a "junior"; I'm assuming "junkie" is my next level?).  I have found this group to be incredibly supportive and informative and I hope I didn't come across as a snake oil hawker.  LOL!  But as I stated, maybe not clearly enough, Sinus Busters did help bring down the pain a bit for me.  It DID NOT abort or prevent the attacks just so I'm clear.  Possibly this was due to El Nino acting up and I had a bit of a sinus thing going in addition to the Cluster attack and it relieved some of that sinus pressure.  And yes, in order to try to deal with the pain during an attack I've also stuck my head over a warm mist humidifier and burnt my face.  And shoved a whole sprig of lavender up my nose which got partially stuck.  And slammed my head on a floor.  And on a wall.  And screamed at the cat for trying to play with the oxygen mask strap.  All of which made me feel better for a minute (okay, not the screaming at the cat).  Maybe it was just that I took my mind off the CH pain for a split second to deal with another pain.  And God knows, when you snort pepper up your nose, you're focusing on that pain.  All to say, maybe there are people who have clusters and sinus conditions going at the same time and so the SB helps alleviate a little of that pressure which feels like relief or an amelioration of the CH.  But in my experience, it certainly isn't a "remedy" nor a preventative.  Having said all that, I have some SB stock I'm willing to sell for $50 a share.  Any takers?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #56 - Mar 4th, 2012 at 8:56am

There is something to the pain relieving qualities of capsium. Just google it and you'll find hundreds of medical studies showing its effectiveness in various forms. In my humble opinion,  Wink I think they will eventually come up with a form that may prove effective for a larger percentage of CH'ers. Many of us have snorted Lidocaine, (under doctors direction no less) and obtained varying degrees of pain relief from our attacks. Capsium is just another form of a topical anisthetic. For me, Lidoacine would ratchet the pain level of an attack down one or two clicks.

But using Sinus Busters in its current form, seems roughly the equivalent of eating lots of moldy bread hoping to accidentally ingest some pennicyllin! It's still in its early research stages. No one will call you a snake oil salesman for saying you tried various things and obtained small levels of relief. Lordy the things I've tried in the throes of a KIP 8 or higher! Roll Eyes

Joe

IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Reply #57 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:39pm

I think a doctor sprayed some of that stuff up my nose once. Or some kind of pepper spray. He wanted to demonstrate how I should use it. I layed down on the table & just before he did it he said "Do you have a headache now?" When I said "No, of course not", he did it anyway. Holy hell, it burned the crap out of me. I remember driving home & crying, not from the spray, but because he actually had the nerve to ask me if I had a headache. After I had been explaining to him for months how severe my pain was, the fact that he thought I could casually lay on a table & carry on a conversation with him during a CH left me feeling like I would never be understood & I would never get help. My goodness, I forgot all about that. So many years ago. It took so long just for me to be taken seriously.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #58 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 1:26pm

My goodness, I forgot all about that. So many years ago. It took so long just for me to be taken seriously.

Sadly this is STILL too common of an experience around here. Sad

Joe

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #59 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:10pm

Guiseppi wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 1:26pm:
My goodness, I forgot all about that. So many years ago. It took so long just for me to be taken seriously.

Sadly this is STILL too common of an experience around here. Sad

Joe

Guiseppi's right. There's still many who don't take him seriously to this day.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

ariel
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Long Island new York
Reply #60 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:55pm

I'm really sorry to hear that.  Sad

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!