Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Send Topic Print
What's your good news? (Read 100464 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Re: What's your good news?
Reply #300 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 7:53pm

Just returned to Sin City from 13 nights of sleeping in a 2 man tent, backpacking over 1200 miles all over Alaska, with my son celebrating his 14th birthday and my 46th birthday. 

Anchorage, Denali National Park, Kenai Fjords National Park-Seward, Cooper Landing-Chugach National Forest, and the Halibut Capital of the World-Homer Alaska.

Some highlights included a very unique 8 hour double decker glass roof/dome train ride on the 1 and only Alaska Railroad....

Deep sea fishing in 300 ft ocean waters 40 miles from land catching plenty of Halibut, salmon, cod, pollock and a trophy size Yellow Eyed Rockfish,,,,

Wildlife viewing-grizzly bear, bald eagles, moose, caribou, humpback whales, sea otters, sea lions, seals, seabird rookeries, listening to the beautiful howl of wolves but did not see any, etc,,,,

Hiking through the dense spruce/willow/alder/birch/aspen forests and also the high elevation tundra with the pretty flowers/lichens/moss in sight of the tallest peak in North America-Mt McKinley 20320 ft.

...Amazing 10 hour tidewater glacier tour by boat and another glacier exploration on a different day by foot after several miles of climbing up a small mountain....

Average day was 19 hours of sunlight....well needed cool temperatures in the 30s at night/50s during the day, surprisingly minimal rain....

Met many wonderful people from all over the world...etc.  Lots of wild adventures and unforgettable memories of our 8th annual father/son birthday camping trip!  Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #301 - Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:45am

Wow gregg, That sounds wonderful. I do love wild, rugged places where I can imagine I'm the only person on earth, but sadly have not had the chance to see many of them.
You and your son have made some fantastic memories there, which you will have for the rest of your lives. Got any pics you can share with us.
Where are you going next year?
Maz.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014 at 2:46am by maz »  

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #302 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 12:11am

Wonderful Gregg...this just makes my heart sing...priceless memories for you and your boy..

I lived/travelled In Ak for 4+ yrs....the beauty is nearly unmatched and the people are...welll..just so different...and not in a bad way.

May I suggest several future trips....Yosemite (before it ALL burns) and outside high season is breathtaking...and the San Juan Islands in Wa state...very similar to Southeastern AK...and another unique set of warm hearted people

Best

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #303 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 2:51am

Five years PF today. Five. Freakin'. Years.

I'll take it. Smiley

Hope everyone here has an anniversary like this one, one day.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #304 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 2:56am

That's fantastic George. Hope it continues for ever for you. What's the trick?
Maz

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #305 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 3:32am

Getting old, I think, maz. Wink

I've been on the D3 regimen for two years, though, and that may have something to do with it.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #306 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 8:50am

Great news George!  Smiley SmileyI know I sound like a broken record but 4 years pain free for me, thanks to the D-3 regimen.....give it a shot people, it's cheap, good for you even without CH, and the 4 years of no headaches has certainly been pleasant!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #307 - Aug 3rd, 2014 at 2:20pm

8 days back to this dirty hot desert Sin City and consistently fantasizing of how I can't wait to move to Alaska.

Maz...As for next year, probably back to Alaska to scout a place to move for at least 4 months of the year.  We do have several other places in the USA that we have yet to explore together, but we both agreed after these past two weeks that Alaska is where our hearts are and no where on Earth quite compares.

Jon...Yosemite is on our list, great suggestion!  But the only time we do our annual trips is in July when it's packed with tourists in RVs so probably will wait for a 4 day weekend in the Spring or Fall to check out Yosemite.

Jon...As for San Juan Islands, absolutely!  These are also on our list, but most likely the focus for at least a week of backpacking will be 60 miles south in the Olympic National Forest. 

Pics to follow in the next week or so...way behind on day to day stuff to download and edit pics from camera sitting in closet next to unopened backpacks.

-Gregg in Las Vegas

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #308 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 9:43pm

George wrote on Aug 2nd, 2014 at 3:32am:
Getting old, I think, maz. Wink

Your PFDAN are just delightful news George...I've been smiling for days. SOMEday folks will say....can you believe ch used to be big deal...they even had a website for the 'heads"???....now those folks just talk about the good stuff in life.......

Why...I remember..back in the day 30+ yrs ago when my ONLY hope was to age out of this s@3$t...can't remember where I heard it or who said it...but "supposedly" it went away when you got "old" (whatever that is Roll Eyes)

My brother and I have an aversion to getting old (though it DOES beat the alternative) and we commiserate about the annoyances...but we ALWAYS get back to the "yeah, but it means Jon's just getting closer to no more ch!!!!"...and we smile...and quit feeling sorry for ourselves. It's a dang strange positive....but I'll take it...

BTW...don't spread this around...keep it on the hush-hush...no jinxes please...I'm going on yr two myself of really low cycle.............................................

BEST

Jon

PS Pls give the cats a noogie for me...they need it....and El too...she probably REALLY needs it...tho I would love to hear a report on her adventures (you stopped updating but I didn't stop caring!!!!)

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #309 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 10:53pm

Thanks, Jon. Smiley

Glad to hear your cycles have been low these past two years, and it's good to hear that you're doing ok. We think about you, often, and it's always a huge pleasure to hear from you. Smiley

El's in her senior year at ISU as a biology major, but she's still writing and drawing. She often asks about you, and I've been passing along the things you say.

I'll be sure to put some stuff up for you to see when I get permission to do so. Wink She's been working on a major writing/art project for several years, but she's not ready to show anyone yet. (Including me, it seems. I've only seen dribs and drabs). Suffice it to say that it blows my mind. It may only be a father talking here, but when she wants to put it out there, we may ALL hear about it.

Always the best to you, my friend.

George

IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #310 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 3:45am

Hi George,
I didn't age out. I aged in.  Sad
I was 57 when it started and with the droopy eyelid and slight numbness that came with it I thought I'd had a stroke. Will it go by the time I'm 150.   Grin

IP Logged

shortstraw
CH.com Junior

02 blows - thankfully

Perth Western Australia
Reply #311 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 4:15am

I was a 'late bloomer' too Maz
I guess I can add the hypothalamus to the long list of things that are breaking down in my body as I get older.
Everyone told me about the greying, wrinkles and going bald but forgot about all the other stuff  Undecided

There are things worse than clusters .... just

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #312 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 10:37am

I have an appt with a local Neuro today!  The past month has been hell.  Worst cycle of my life.  No sleep, hit keep coming day and night.  Yesterday my hubby was fed up and said he was going to get me in to see a Dr.  He sat at his desk and started calling.  4 hours later he had me an appt with a local Neuro!  YAY!!  He is young and I am keeping my fingers crossed he will be open to working with me to manage my ch.

Other good news!  Through all the pain, I have been counting my blessings.  My family, friends and fellow clusterheads have been awesome with their support, understanding, calls and messages!  All of you are how I was able to keep going in between the hits.  Each and every one are appreciated more than you can imagine.  I don't know how I would have been able to make it without all the advice, encouragement, understanding and love.  You all went above and beyond!

I haven't posted much lately, but do pop in from time to time.  I'll never forget this board and how it changed my life for the better!

Beth

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Reply #313 - Aug 5th, 2014 at 6:02pm

More good news!  I liked the Neuro.  I did get hit as soon as I walked in the office.  Thank God the place was empty.  Only the office lady and nurse saw.  It was bad and quite a show, but only last about 20 minutes.  The Dr is going to try me on Depakote.  I go back in November and was told to call if I needed to be seen sooner.  I have an arsenal of tools to fight this.  Hoping for the best.

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #314 - Aug 6th, 2014 at 7:00pm

Hope the new neuro helps you get on top of your current cycle as it sure sounds like you could do with a break.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #315 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 4:16am

Praying the Depakote works for you, Beth.  You've been high on my prayer list since I saw you were were having troubles on FB.  Hang in there!

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #316 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 4:24am

My good news is August 6 marked 37 years of marriage for Linda and me.  It's hard to believe it's been that long and neither of us has killed the other, but I'm very grateful for her.  She's been there for me through all of the ups and downs of CH, besides life in general, and has never complained that I was not able to provide for her the way I wanted to.  Then when I got sick Jan of last year she has stuck with me and encouraged me to stick with it, even though it has been hard for her trying to keep me going.  We make quite a sight going into the Dr's office sometimes!  She pushing me in a wheelchair ( up until about three months ago) while carrying her cane! 

I have been blessed indeed!  I thank God everyday for leading me to the woman He blessed me with, and God willing, I would like to spend the next 37 years with her, too.

jc

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

maz
CH.com Hall of Famer

I Love CH.com!

Hampshire, England
Reply #317 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 5:00am

Congratulations Callico. It's called LOVE. Smiley

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #318 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 5:16am

37 years?

Callico, here in Oz, you don't get 37 years even for murder!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Hoppy
CH.com Alumnus

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

Perth WA
Reply #319 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 6:14pm

It's been 37yrs for me tooooooooo must be a lucky number.

Hoppy.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #320 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 11:21pm

DAMN Calico...at this rate I'll never catch you! Congratulations to both of you, I'd be hard pressed to find a couple I'd be any less surprised to see they're married for 37 years! A pleasure and an honor to have met both of you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #321 - Aug 9th, 2014 at 11:44pm

Hi Jerry,
It is often said that nowadays one could flip a coin on wedding day and the odds are less than 50% that the marriage will last 7 years. 

+ 30 and wow,  = 37 years:)

May you enjoy many more blessed years together!Wink

-Gregg in Las Vegas

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #322 - Aug 10th, 2014 at 12:45am

I promised her I'd stay for the first 100 years.  After that I'm a free man!   Cheesy

Thanks for the kind words, all!  Brian, I got a life sentence.   Roll Eyes

I count myself very fortunate.  Through all the years with CH for me, and the last 10+ with MS for her (fortunately stable), and now with my new whatever it is I have we have been there for each other.  We promised in sickness and in health, and that vow was made to God, not to each other, so I don't plan to break it.  I did faithfully promise my mother-in-law one thing as we were preparing for the wedding though.  I promised the next time I get married I'm eloping!  Oh well, 63 years to go. . .

Hoppy, congrats on 37 years to you, too!

jc

If I'm not mistaken, August 6 was 38 years for George and Ellen.  Haven't seen him on here in a while.  If you know him give them a shout.

Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #323 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 3:12am

midwestbeth wrote on Aug 5th, 2014 at 10:37am:
I haven't posted much lately, but do pop in from time to time.  I'll never forget this board and how it changed my life for the better!
Beth

...and I am so glad to hear from you....you have been one of the supporters from way back that changed my life too...I don' forget...best wishes....kick some beast butt...OK?

Best

Jon

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #324 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 3:20am

Jer'...thanks so much for your good news....the beauty of this thread is that we get to hear the GOOD stuff that happens to GOOD people like you and Linda...I think of you often and pray that the boulders in your way become pebbles to be kicked aside...

Best...ALWAYS

Jon

PS...there be somethin' magic about that #37...after your post and Hoppy's I started to think....turns out my working career was....yup....37 years. You guys were walking down the aisle when I was climbing down into shrimp boat holds...YIKES....I'm thinking you got the better deal  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2014 at 3:20am by jon019 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!