Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache CURE (Read 24444 times)
Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Cluster Headache CURE
Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:23am

Yes there is now a permanent a cure it is simple, painless, and absolutely risk free!

My15 year old son was sent to detention at school for sleeping in class, this was because he would wake up with me 3 to 4 times a night and help me load my injection, fill my hot water bottle, microwave my heat pack, crush ice for inside my mouth, pour me a glass of ice water, I'll never forget that frightened panic stricken look on his face as he watched me been attacked.... That’s when I knew I had to do something about this headache it was impinge on my loved ones and that was not going to happen anymore.

I had tried acupuncture, physiotherapy, homeopathy, anti-epileptic pills that make your fingers tingle, impotent, and walking up a flight of stairs feels you've just run a marathon, I used to inject the maximum daily dose of Imagran, I sucked 25 litres of pure oxygen per minute I used hot water bottles, ice packs I even used to stand in a bucket of ice if nothing else but to distract my mind away from focusing on the pain, crying pacing swearing shouting grunting rubbing running nothing kept this headache at bay. I learnt that breathing slowly and trying to relax as a mind over matter effort helped.

I had them on both sides of my face for 7yrs the cause is an dilating artery in your upper jaw that runs alongside the trigeminal nerve (under your gum in your jaw) and when that artery dilates it exerts pressure on the trigeminal nerve. An arterial ligation is all that is needed and I'm now permanently cured thanks to Dr. Shevel, at the  headache clinic  who performed the arterial ligation. it was  safe, painless (much like going to the dentist but without a drill) and risk-free as the ligation is done nowhere near the nerve and it is done outside the scull and away from your brain. (I would never trust deep brain stimulation.) All the ligation does is restrict the blood flow in that artery preventing the artery from expanding out of peroration and irritating the trigeminal nerve. It was quick and simple. Dr shevel has been performing this procedure since 1995 and he has been published in 30 medical journals.
FYI: Dr.Shevel can also cure Migraines as well by also conducting an arterial ligation to another artery that is situated in the temple.

The relief i feel post the operation is indescribably good, I feel fantastic and i can now live my life again, even drink beer hahaha, i can eat a full slab of chocolate and engulf my popcorn with MSG at the movies without having that demon headache hovering over me, this headache is evil  because it comes in the dead of night, and at any time, you never know for how long it will last or how painful the attack will get.

The attacks occur when this artery dilate this happens during rapid eye movement or when the brain goes into delta brain wave, and or when we over indulge in sugar, yeast, carbonated drinks, MSG, Preservatives, smoking. even high and low altitude can trigger it.

When this artery in our upper jaw dilates a pressure is exerted on the trigeminal nerve, this should not usually be a problem but, eventually the myelin sheath is damaged or irritated so it short circuits the nerve and sends a signal back to the brain telling the brain that your face is been slowly crushed and peeled off. Its at that stage that you'll do/say/try anything at to stop the pain. So put crushed ice in your mouth and cool your upper jaw, I also used the oxygen to cool my upper gum as well, you can try putting your finger in your mouth and applying pressure to the gum at the upper jaw right at the back (above and behind your back teeth) this, if you can locate the artery under your gum may give you relief. this is a lot easier said than done as it is very difficult to keep still long enough to get it right when you been attacked.

I also think that the link to smokers plays a big part as nicotine causes inflammation on the gums, inflammation breaks down bone and in turn altering the bone formation under the gums, in combination with the vacuum that is created when pulling the smoke into ones mouth causes the artery to over elongate work and squeeze the trigeminal nerve...

Good luck get cured and take your life back
Ryan

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Cluster Headache CURE
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 8:27am

Good luck to you too.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 9:30am

This is interesting. While I'm happy that you found something that helped you, we're really careful with the word "cure" around here. I find it somewhat hard to believe that all of us CH'ers can be cured by somehting as simple as cauterizing a single vessel in our jaw.

Glad you are pain free, I remain skeptical at best as to this being the final "cure" for CH. Thank you for sharing your unique experience.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 3:02pm

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:23am:
Dr shevel has been performing this procedure since 1995 and he has been published in 30 medical journals.

Very interesting claims. Can you provide details of these papers which show how this procedure cures cluster headaches?

I'm also interested in how this work compares to the work done by Goadsby et al around the hypothalamus being involved in CHs (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).

The illustration (from Wikipedia) shows how the trigeminal nerve has multiple branches. I am curious how restricting the blood flow near one branch would impact all the branches. There is a strong correlation between each branch and either a pain location or where symptoms are seen, e.g. ipsilateral conjunctival injection and/or lacrimation, ipsilateral nasal congestion and/or rhinorrhoea, ipsilateral eyelid oedema, ipsilateral forehead and facial sweating, ipsilateral miosis and/or ptosis (from the IHS diagnostic criteria).

Please tell us more.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2012 at 3:04pm by Mike NZ »  

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #4 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 6:30pm

whats every ones take on this? because ive been told my tmj aggravates my cluster cycles. i see an oral surgeon to see if injecting botox in to those muscles might make the headaches less severe.

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #5 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 6:45pm

Mike NZ above has given the best answer so far.......I don't understand how addressing a minute portion of the trigeminal nerve complex could stop the entire thing from generating pain.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

dougW
CH.com Veteran

pain is inevitable.  
suffering is optional

Canada  'eh.
Reply #6 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:36pm

Is Dannyboy back again?

Some of the oldtimers will remember him, his Dad runs this clinic in SA:
headclin.com

If it's not Danny, my apologies.

Out beyond wrong doing and right doing there is a field of luminous consciousness.  I'll meet you there.   (Rumi)
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #7 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:50pm

You got it Doug, although it doesn't appear to be Dannyboy.  Cluster cured signed off on a post:

Quote:
all the way from Africa.
Ryan

Dr. Shevel goes back to the old string board around here.  Always the promoting tone.

« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:55pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #8 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 11:24pm

dougW wrote on Nov 17th, 2012 at 7:36pm:
Is Dannyboy back again?

Some of the oldtimers will remember him, his Dad runs this clinic in SA:
headclin.com

If it's not Danny, my apologies.

There seems to be a strong connection between Dr Shevel and Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
  • Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - Dr Shevel linked and a YouTube video
  • Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - His publications, although all seem to be migraine / tension headache related, not CH

However I'd still like to see the answers to the questions in my first post.

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #9 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 1:58am

Cluster cured has been driven to the point of undergoing surgery in the hope of beating this beast. He's getting fantastic results and is happy to post his experience in the hope it may help others.

I for one look forward to hearing much more from him, cos just right now I could handle a bit of good news.

Bring it on, CC. I can promise you I'm all ears!

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #10 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 3:35pm

Mike NZ wrote on Nov 17th, 2012 at 11:24pm:
His publications, although all seem to be migraine / tension headache related, not CH

NZMike makes a point.  There might be a little to overcome if we also take into account a couple of replies from the past:

Quote:
Dr Elliot Shevel is the daddy of our good friend Dannyboy.

For years Dannyboy tried to muddle the issue and was mixing up clusters and migraines, in an attempt to lure some desperate clusterheads to his daddy's clinic. Dr Shevel himself wrote on this message board that his treatment was not proven for clusterheadaches. But even that did not impress junior, he continued with his scam until he was fired from the public relations department.

Ol' Ali made reference also:

Quote:
Here's the real funny part.  The last video Ali lists is the doctor who stole his proceedure.  It's Dr. Shevel, who some of you will remember as Danny's dad who runs the clinic in So. Africa.

I'd guess with this in rememberance, and a new ten post promotion venue plastered to assorted recent threads, a stigma may be attached that might not change views so quickly.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #11 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 6:00pm

Cure paired with cluster kind of makes me flip the switch, mentally. I can handle the word remission, though.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2012 at 6:01pm by Charlotte »  

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #12 - Nov 18th, 2012 at 7:46pm

Yeah.....I think it was a fly by.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #13 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 7:53am

My old friend Danny Boy!  Way back when, his Pop was curing CH with some kind of bite apperatus.

I miss Danny.

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #14 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:45am

Here ya go.

Potter

IP Logged

CH Keith
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #15 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:11pm

My perspective is from someone relatively new to the site. 

Let's see, it took almost 10 years for anyone to figure out what I was going through was cluster headaches.  Another 4 years for me to find this site as a support option.  I am embarrassed to admit that when I'm in remission, I rarely think about coming to the site as I generally come to the site for advice and support, which I generally only need when I'm suffering.  I personally find it difficult to believe that someone who has never been to the site before seeks out the site only to tell us all that they are cured.  I'm going to continue to be skeptical until I'm seeing "cures" from the "regulars" on the site.

I remain hopeful that that day comes soon.

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:38pm

Hi all
sorry for the late reply I didn’t see this page, All I had from CH.com was negativity, all from Potter’s private messages, he was sending me including some fowl language from him????

Firstly I don’t know who Danny is But my Name is Ryan, I own a roofing company called the Roofproofers in Johannesburg South Africa. I have made a video on you tube for you all, search (“cluster headache cure by Dr. Shevel”) I was like you sceptical at first too, it was a girlfriend of mine that eventually forced me to go see him, why I never went to see him earlier was, firstly that it never saw the pain I was feeling during an assault as a normal or type of general headache (in my mind, why would I go to a headache clinic (Hine sight, probably because English is not my first language). I assumed that a headache was inside the brain, or inside the skull to position it, that plus secondly the fact that it cost almost US $400 to see him on the first consultation. At a risk like... I’m sure all of you have had difficulty trying to describe what we feel as headache to people... what pissed me off most was the typical “Joe public” who knows-it-all (like potter) would give me some bullshit advice on how he or she deals with their vanilla headaches like, “take Aspirin and milk” or “acupuncture is the safest, oldest and most trusted treatment” or “physiotherapy is the way”, “chiropractors help relax the nerve in the neck and spine” etc. YAWN! and then imigran and then oxygen and then Topamax (that made me impotent...) no one got it and they still don’t!
My first appointment at the Headache clinic was like I was put on a production line to be processed in “The Headache clinic” as I entered the place I thought to myself that if I was wasting my time and money that if they sent me home with an aspirin I’d punch the shit out of the place. (now that’s more like potter’s attitude), from first tests conducted by a neurologist, then I had a brain scan to rule out tumours, then I had x-rays done to my neck to check the muscle flexibility, then I had probes stuck to the muscles in my face, neck and head (to check their rest tension) then I had the tension headache test/talk (that was like. “relax your tongue and take it off the roof of your mouth because that forces an underbite and applies tension to your jaw muscles and that has a ripple effect to the muscles in your temple, and intern tenses up your neck and muscles and with all these tensed muscles unnecessary stress is exerted to ones sinuses”. aka as a tension headache and that’s where the pain comes from. There are over a dozen caring specialized nurses, that really understand your pain and suffering because they seen so many of us. I but when I arrived a Dr. Shevel’s clinic I was gob smacked by the amount of thank you and testimonial letters, on the waiting room tables, and the waiting room had THOUSANDS of thank you letters filed in arch leaver files that littered the waiting room tables plus all the letters that were stuck on the walls by all kinds of patents he has helped, from migraines, clusters, tension, tinnitus headaches plus. He has a state of the art medical/surgical facility, and cures headaches for people that come especially to see him from all around the world. Please do yourself a favour and watch some of the testimonial videos on his web site. Watch my video on you tube. The cluster cure was born from his migraine cure,... it’s the same cause (a dilating artery except it’s in the temple near the optical nerve)

So why am I, as a random person making such a fuss.... Well it’s simple... What he did to me was take away the shadow hovering over my head and gave me back my life of beer instantly... My outlook on life has done a 180 degree turn, I’m chilled, I’m relaxed (the stress is gone) and everyone around me has noticed and commented, the Butterfly effect from the smallest movements of his hands has had a ripple effect on you. So there must be something there. To the people that commented above my pledge to you that if you want to be free from the demon that ruins your life come to sunny South Africa, or find a day clinic that can do a n arterial ligation for you there but if you cant and if you need you can stay in my home for free while you here, and I’ll even take you walking with lions.
As a final note there are many ways to look at skinning this cluster cat... do we fight the cause but how, we are all get triggered by different things like beer the smell or cigarette  smoke, or curry, carbonated drinks, sugar, MSG, modified starch or do we stimulate the brain as in DBS, or do we fight symptoms with painkillers thats a joke, or do we fight the nerve... that’s risky because no one wants to lose the feeling on the one side of our face.... no all we need to do is reduce the flow of the artery that squeezes the nerve. I know the intelligence here is saying, "reduce blood flow..." no way, you’d think, not prepared to stop any blood flowing, but our blood vessel and artery system is so integrated it’s like saying roads. The answer is similar to saying if block the motorway... could you still get home, yup id just take the back roads!

Seriously @ Potter you need a safari (with Beer&fishing in Africa, as my guest, you will always be welcome in my home, you sad sack of shit.
@Joe i feel you that you don’t want to be let down, I went from 7 attacks a day to zero in 1 day. I was not let down.
@Mike NZ I will get the ifo you need Just give me time, Inflammation is a painful bitch though.
@Chefchris.. what is CFM.. I believe Botox relaxes the muscles the artery supplies, will never receve the message and will not work as hard but botox its temporary!
@Dougw: sorry as i said my name is Ryan, I own the Roofproofers email me to prove  info2@herooofproofers.co.za 
@AussieBrian  : Thank you, my brother in beer. I really do want to help you. 

Regards
Ryan. Use the info I’ve shared with you or don’t use it, it’s your all your call my brothers in pain.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #17 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:49pm

Quote:
I had tried...

Quote:
I was like you sceptical at first too, it was a girlfriend of mine that eventually forced me to go see him,

instantly... My outlook on life has done a 180 degree turn,

Why is this such a familiar patented form.

1. I tried everything      

2. Then a friend told me about...

3. Of course I was sceptical like you

4. My life has been transformed

Quote:
@Mike NZ I will get the ifo you need Just give me time, Inflammation is a painful bitch though.

This wouldn't be from a painless procedure I hope.

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:54pm by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #18 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:56pm

Sorry DougW The correct email address to my company is info@theroofproofers.co.za sorry about the type error

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #19 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 5:08pm

Quote:
Seriously @ Potter you need a safari (with Beer&fishing in Africa, as my guest, you will always be welcome in my home, you sad sack of shit.

I will "seriously" remind YOU that our web-master won't tolerate name-calling on this site.  I don't know what he said to you in a PM and I don't care.  That is between the two of you...but unless I missed something in all of your many posts about the same exact thing in all the forums here..the only thing Potter said to you here... was "stop" 

We haven't had any nastiness around here in a very long time and we'd all like to keep it that way.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 5:09pm

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 19th, 2012 at 3:38pm:
Hi all
sorry for the late reply I didn’t see this page, All I had from CH.com was negativity, all from Potter’s private messages, he was sending me including some fowl language from him????

Firstly I don’t know who Danny is But my Name is Ryan, I own a roofing company called the Roofproofers in Johannesburg South Africa. I have made a video on you tube for you all, search (“cluster headache cure by Dr. Shevel”) I was like you sceptical at first too, it was a girlfriend of mine that eventually forced me to go see him, why I never went to see him earlier was, firstly that it never saw the pain I was feeling during an assault as a normal or type of general headache (in my mind, why would I go to a headache clinic (Hine sight, probably because English is not my first language). I assumed that a headache was inside the brain, or inside the skull to position it, that plus secondly the fact that it cost almost US $400 to see him on the first consultation. At a risk like... I’m sure all of you have had difficulty trying to describe what we feel as headache to people... what pissed me off most was the typical “Joe public” who knows-it-all (like potter) would give me some bullshit advice on how he or she deals with their vanilla headaches like, “take Aspirin and milk” or “acupuncture is the safest, oldest and most trusted treatment” or “physiotherapy is the way”, “chiropractors help relax the nerve in the neck and spine” etc. YAWN! and then imigran and then oxygen and then Topamax (that made me impotent...) no one got it and they still don’t!
My first appointment at the Headache clinic was like I was put on a production line to be processed in “The Headache clinic” as I entered the place I thought to myself that if I was wasting my time and money that if they sent me home with an aspirin I’d punch the shit out of the place. (now that’s more like potter’s attitude), from first tests conducted by a neurologist, then I had a brain scan to rule out tumours, then I had x-rays done to my neck to check the muscle flexibility, then I had probes stuck to the muscles in my face, neck and head (to check their rest tension) then I had the tension headache test/talk (that was like. “relax your tongue and take it off the roof of your mouth because that forces an underbite and applies tension to your jaw muscles and that has a ripple effect to the muscles in your temple, and intern tenses up your neck and muscles and with all these tensed muscles unnecessary stress is exerted to ones sinuses”. aka as a tension headache and that’s where the pain comes from. There are over a dozen caring specialized nurses, that really understand your pain and suffering because they seen so many of us. I but when I arrived a Dr. Shevel’s clinic I was gob smacked by the amount of thank you and testimonial letters, on the waiting room tables, and the waiting room had THOUSANDS of thank you letters filed in arch leaver files that littered the waiting room tables plus all the letters that were stuck on the walls by all kinds of patents he has helped, from migraines, clusters, tension, tinnitus headaches plus. He has a state of the art medical/surgical facility, and cures headaches for people that come especially to see him from all around the world. Please do yourself a favour and watch some of the testimonial videos on his web site. Watch my video on you tube. The cluster cure was born from his migraine cure,... it’s the same cause (a dilating artery except it’s in the temple near the optical nerve)

So why am I, as a random person making such a fuss.... Well it’s simple... What he did to me was take away the shadow hovering over my head and gave me back my life of beer instantly... My outlook on life has done a 180 degree turn, I’m chilled, I’m relaxed (the stress is gone) and everyone around me has noticed and commented, the Butterfly effect from the smallest movements of his hands has had a ripple effect on you. So there must be something there. To the people that commented above my pledge to you that if you want to be free from the demon that ruins your life come to sunny South Africa, or find a day clinic that can do a n arterial ligation for you there but if you cant and if you need you can stay in my home for free while you here, and I’ll even take you walking with lions.
As a final note there are many ways to look at skinning this cluster cat... do we fight the cause but how, we are all get triggered by different things like beer the smell or cigarette  smoke, or curry, carbonated drinks, sugar, MSG, modified starch or do we stimulate the brain as in DBS, or do we fight symptoms with painkillers thats a joke, or do we fight the nerve... that’s risky because no one wants to lose the feeling on the one side of our face.... no all we need to do is reduce the flow of the artery that squeezes the nerve. I know the intelligence here is saying, "reduce blood flow..." no way, you’d think, not prepared to stop any blood flowing, but our blood vessel and artery system is so integrated it’s like saying roads. The answer is similar to saying if block the motorway... could you still get home, yup id just take the back roads!

@Joe i feel you that you don’t want to be let down, I went from 7 attacks a day to zero in 1 day. I was not let down.
@Chefchris.. what is CFM.. I believe Botox relaxes the muscles the artery supplies, will never receve the message and will not work as hard but botox its temporary!
@Dougw: sorry as i said my name is Ryan, I own the Roofproofers email me to prove  info2@herooofproofers.co.za 
@AussieBrian  : Thank you, my brother in beer. I really do want to help you. 

Regards
Ryan. Use the info I’ve shared with you or don’t use it, it’s your all your call my brothers in pain.

Not really if I wanted to kill something I'd go out my back door. 

Potter

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 6:28pm

"Potter’s private messages, he was sending me including some fowl language from him????"

Potter - you talking chicken again? Grin

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #22 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 6:38am

Cluster cured bears an unfortunate resemblance to a bad guy from the past, but does  anyone know they're one and the same person?

Will we bash newbies again because their thoughts differ from what we've carved in stone?

This sort of conduct saddens me.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #23 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:50am

Quote:
I will "seriously" remind YOU...

We haven't had any nastiness around here in a very long time and we'd all like to keep it that way.

The personal bashing done was appropriately warned.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:53am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #24 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 3:32pm

I’ve sent my details to prove that I’m not Danny, I am sorry I did not know who or about Danny until you all brought him to my attention, I do know now who he is and some of you may be right about him. I’m no fly boy though I’ve walked the cluster mile plenty... read on and you will see. I must say that It saddens me that most of you have to be so negative, I really do understand that, I too was like that, arrogant and even losing my temper at times until my jugular vein swelled and the vein on my forehead protruded trough my skin. Perhaps having a bad attitude is a cluster headache syndrome and in this case is a inhibiting symptom, but otherwise you have to be strong and hard to cope with CH. I had the anger too, for me a time was when I was in a cycle.. (I will never refer to it as my-headache) I acted like any pacing caged wild animal, ready and willing to bash, snap and bite at anything in the hope it might lead to an escape. And that was when I wasn’t having an attack. I suppose my reasoning for my anger was that; if I had to live with this CH shadow over my head and have no choice but to let the pain come and have its way with me and steal my freedom. I felt I had a self acclaimed right to scrutinise, control all things new and old as well as approach people without compassion (compassion: that’s a word you all haven’t heard in a while) you have reminded me of the old me. But that was restricting me, It was killing me from the inside out and never stopped there, it just carried on infiltrating itself into all aspects of my life. I turn people down if I knew an attack was imminent, they felt bad, because if you tell them about your private CH life, then... so I just keept quiet.
However I was willing to learn about and really get to know my enemy and to commit to beating this beast even at its own game if I had to, whatever that was, and even if I had to change to do it.
Looking back I remember getting angry with a very religious friend of mine for something he said after he witnessed me being attacked by the CH demon once while we were out on bike riding, he literally thought I was being possessed by the devil and that at first pissed me off, but I only realized what he saw a few weeks later when I watched a youtube for video for myself of someone having an cluster attack. I looks like a scene in a horror movie complete with all the swearing, grunting, shaking and hitting. It still takes an emotional toll when is see a video, even now. Even more so when I see it through my son’s eyes.
Ridding myself of these CH’s was the only option I saw, I couldn’t carry on living with this CH black cloud hovering above my head, and that’s why I have to help others like me who are actually the very same people reading this, AKA you, us living with this disease every day.  Except this site is run by a select few that cant/won’t accept that an arterial ligation may just be the cure and that the end of CH shadow over all of your heads could be gone, as it was THE END to my “type” of cluster attacks. At least looking forward to the way considering the way ch.com is run... misery likes company.
@ the commentators: It’s come to my reasoning that you all will never find the CURE because you all not open for it and you won’t accept anything outside your tight loop perception, THE CURE is going to be something NEW because that what happens when a new cure to any disease is found, its generally going to be nothing you all have never tried nor seen before. But trust me with the crushed ice though, humour me just one attack, when you all have your next attack, do it as fast as you can and before your temperature rises, as your mood changes, coz Ice is not as effective once your temperature has risen, aim for brain freeze, eat ice cream (I screamed for Ice cream), place the crushed ice as far back into your upper jaw cavity. When that works then you all will realize that the ice is cooling down your mouth and constricting your artery. You can also put a hot water bottle on your face, head and neck, because heat lowers the viscosity of our blood and helps the blood move away from the affected area easier and faster. I’m selling nothing I Just owe Dr. Shevel a debt of gratitude, so I called him today, with some of your concerns and he asked me to give you all his personal email address and you may request the details of the cluster patients that he has helped DrShevel@headclin.co.za he said I shouldn’t help people that don’t want help, asked me not to bother with the people that give trouble I must “just help where I can and with the ones who want help, because that’s all we can do even in life anyway”.  And help is really all I set out to initially do.
@kevin m still treading the same old ground rules hey
@ ch Kieth I been to this site before years ago but it told me nothing I did not Know, so I moved on... now I’m here again,  (maybe also briefly, that’s if I still get the arrogant input from people who are not even facing CH on a day to day basis) I came back to see that you all still in the same place so I thought I’d help... but sad sack of S  t for me.
@ch Kieth more worried at what the older members repeat then stick with what the old timers say... even if they keep saying the same thing over and over and block any new input that they have NOT come up with, I wasn’t looking for a web site that only gave comfort ...I wanted results, end of chat.
@Newbie and newbie Be careful you don’t get sucked into a web doctrine type pattern of thought!
@charlotte Thats because you don’t have all the facts...yet.
@ Mike NZ the answers to your question I will NOT answer in ANY detail, the bottom line to your silly question, (that was made to look complicated) is that; if one part of the trigeminal nerve is irritated the entire nerve gets inflamed, irritated  and reacts, (like CH.com per say) In other words it’s EXACTLY like if I prick you with a blunt pin in your toe,... your body and eyes will be the first to react first by sight then later by tears, your ENTIRE body will jump up and your mood will change in a slit second, your heart beat will increase,  your breathing becomes defined, your eyes will cry... as you look for the Injection or the oxygen or the ICE!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!