Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache CURE (Read 24446 times)
Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Cluster Headache CURE
Reply #50 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:57am

Hi Jerry Well as you can see I was doing research that’s where I was. Like I said; I have come across this site before but it only offered advice and compassion in dealing or living with CH and wanted results. End of chat.

In the interest of disclosure I am and always will be in a debt of gratitude to Dr. Shevel and my loyalty is to you, I know how you feel and live and try hide from the beast, I Absolutely have no affiliation to the headache clinic except been a patient. I have not received anything from the headache clinic except a some phone calls to hear how I am feeling post my op. Watch my video on you tube.... You guessed it the title is... “Cluster headache cure by Dr. Shevel” watch it and weep tears of joy! 
Ryan

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #51 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 1:14pm

Ryan meet Sam.  Sam meet Ryan.  You two got alot in common.

Potter

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #52 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 1:51pm

Thank you for the reply. Could you answer my other questions:
Quote:
Is there any difference between treating someone with left or right sided pain? Similarly for their CH pain location which can be in the temple or around the eye? How long is the treatment effective for (i.e. does the process need to be redone every few years)?

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:54am:
Your Question on the placebo is experimental surgery and it involves putting a gene pill inside your brain. No thanks.

No, this is not correct. For it to be an effective placebo the process must be as close to the "real" process as possible but for the artery not to be touched. The result would be that the patient would not know if they had the real or placebo process done. This would be done for say 40 patients with half getting the real and half getting the placebo. Then the patients would be monitored for a period to see how many CH they get, how severe, etc. If the process is effective then there should be clear differences between the two groups to a level that is statistically significant.

It is also possible to do a crossover where at a later point the patients undergo a second process. For this patients who had the placebo process are given the real one. Again CHs are monitored.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #53 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:02pm

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:54am:
@ Mike NZ Well what did come first the chicken or the egg. (none it was the rooster) So Is the abnormal function that is happening in our normal hypothalamus while we are been attacked, is it a result or a cause...? Doctors don’t know whether the hyperactivity in the hypothalamus is a reaction from the irritated trigeminal nerve or if the reaction or the irritation of the nerve causing the abnormal brain function well you decide...

Thinking further, it should be possible to determine this scientifically. For most people with CH a CH can be triggered by various chemicals including alcohol. This could be verified pre-surgey whilst undergoing a PET scan to observe the hypothalamus activity. Then the surgical procedure is carried out and the person can be exposed to the trigger whilst being PET scanned. If the blood vessel / nerve is the cause then there should be no hypothalamus activity of the kind associated with a CH. If so, this could be classed as a cure. However if there is CH like hypothalamus activity then it is not a cure but a way to stop the CH pain.

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #54 - Nov 24th, 2012 at 4:57am

I would say you are correct.
Alternative thought: Is the hypothalamus activity in the brain a result of over stimulation of a nerve that the brain cannot accept or override, (like being sea sick) or is the hyperactivity in the Hypothalamus causing our trigeminal nerve on only one side of our head to become hyperactive, if so then why aren’t any other nerves our body being affected and get hyperactive? 
The trigger like alcohol may be the problem, as far as my research goes the dilating arteries are natural and a common every day action that happens to all of us including non cluster head people, (why is it that we get pain from it and the other 98% of the world do not!?) Like when our brains go into Theta brain wave state when rapid eye movement occurs? Like when we exercises our arteries dilate, when our body runs low on oxygen our arteries dilate, The neurons that control vascular vasodilatation originate in the hypothalamus. So is it a double edged sward. A Cluster attack could be a vicious cycle, a hyperactive nerve can irritate the Hypothalamus and the neurons in the hypothalamus controls vascular dilation.      
When the CH pain is left sided the ligation is done on the left, I guess I had the arteries on both sides of my face ligated because I was in the early stages of developing CH on the right side of my face/head after 6 years of only having them on my left side only, It would make sense to have both sides ligated I would. My ligation is done to the internal maxillary; access to this artery was gained from inside my mouth. (It’s kind of like going to the dentist after the first prick of the injection nothing else is felt, I must say though I had swollen jaws for few days after but otherwise relatively painless especially when you compare it to the Ch pain) there is a ligation that is performed in the temple area, this is for Migraines. However I do remember Dr.Shevel saying to me originally that the CH pain could be caused by any one of our four main facial arteries on the one side of our face (total 8 on both sides), and that he would do the Internal Maxillaries first he did also mention that when people come from overseas to have their ligation done that he ligates all four to make sure. I suppose because I live here it would be possible to could go back for more ligations if necessary. 
No the treatment never needs to be redone and as far as Dr. Shevel told me, the ligation lasts forever. 

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #55 - Nov 24th, 2012 at 10:30am

If This is a bullshit story then DAM YOU!! If it is not then we will see because i'm going to find out if your telling the truth!! If it is true then that's great it will be a wonderful day for CH and all that suffer but again if its not and this is a bullshit story you will burn in hell 10 fold.......Johnny
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2012 at 10:33am by Clusterman59 »  

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #56 - Nov 24th, 2012 at 3:40pm

Its not shit Jonny, I dont know how else I can prove it to you all... Ive opened my home to you all.. Its pretty disheartening for me to be so happy that Im cured and the people I most want to tell think that I am a fake, I dont know what more you want from me. but I feel your anger, everything Ive said is true. My contact number is +27813567961 call me any time to chat, I do care.

Ryan

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #57 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:29am

Why don't we here this strait from the clinic?? If this was a "Cure" then the cluster headache community would know by the person that created that cure and not from a patient.
I am going to talk directly to Dr. Shevel and see what he says about this and my guess is this may only help some patients and is not "The Cure" but we will see. You have to be dam careful how you throw around the word CURE here as you will be scrutinized to the max so don't feel that this was unexpected..... Huh

Gaining knowledge and obtaining an education about cluster headaches is the key to success to shutting down the beast. The Vitamin D3 Anti inflammatory Regimen is one of the best treatments ever!
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #58 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 1:00pm

Clusterman59 wrote on Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:29am:
You have to be dam careful how you throw around the word CURE here as you will be scrutinized to the max so don't feel that this was unexpected.....

Well said.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #59 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:34am

Why don't we here this strait from the clinic?? If this was a "Cure" then the cluster headache community would know by the person that created that cure and not from a patient.
I am going to talk directly to Dr. Shevel and see what he says about this... You have to be dam careful how you throw around the word CURE here as you will be scrutinized to the max so don't feel that this was unexpected..... Huh

Go for it, Funny yesterday morning they were talking about Dr. Shevel the clinic on the radio. The topic arose when a University student wrote into the radio station asking for help with her migraines... a few people called in with their ‘Vanilla’ advise but a few other people called in and suggested she goes and sees Dr. Shevel, And one guy called in saying he had Clusters and was cured by Dr. Shevel almost ten years ago his name was Quinton or Clinton. Dr. Shevel said I must give you his direct email address if you require info about the people he has helped cure in the past, he will oblige, however I doubt if he will put up with any abuse, as I have. He is a respected elder in our community, and a pioneer in this field. He has dedicated his life to help people like us. So watch your attitude dude!

Are you seriously asking “That Question” on why you haven’t heard straight from the clinic, I YOU HAVE...... blinker boy, It was Danny who told you about it, but you all rejected his statements, because you wanted to hear it from someone who had CH’s and has been cured. How many more people are going to tell you how to get cured via Dr. Shevel's Arterial ligation before you stop, shut up and listen?

Been sceptical and reject all and any new information that you all haven’t carved in stone or documented at OUCH. It’s like you all waiting for the CURE to come from something or someone familiar. Trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Do you honestly think that a cure will NEVER EVER be found ?! That CH is here to stay forever? Or is it simply impossible for you to grasp the fact that someone at the tip of Africa knows more than you?  Bring on your arrogance, scrutinized me to the max if you must, I will still assist you as and where I can.

Ryan

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #60 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 9:59am

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:34am:
I am going to talk directly to Dr. Shevel and see what he says about this... You have to be dam careful how you throw around the word CURE here as you will be scrutinized to the max so don't feel that this was unexpected..... Huh

Go for it, Funny yesterday morning they were talking about Dr. Shevel the clinic on the radio. The topic arose when a University student wrote into the radio station asking for help with her migraines... a few people called in with their ‘Vanilla’ advise but a few other people called in and suggested she goes and sees Dr. Shevel, And one guy called in saying he had Clusters and was cured by Dr. Shevel almost ten years ago his name was Quinton or Clinton. Dr. Shevel said I must give you his direct email address if you require info about the people he has helped cure in the past, he will oblige, however I doubt if he will put up with any abuse, as I have. He is a respected elder in our community, and a pioneer in this field. He has dedicated his life to help people like us. So watch your attitude dude!

Are you seriously asking “That Question” on why you haven’t heard straight from the clinic, I YOU HAVE...... blinker boy, It was Danny who told you about it, but you all rejected his statements, because you wanted to hear it from someone who had CH’s and has been cured. How many more people are going to tell you how to get cured via Dr. Shevel's Arterial ligation before you stop, shut up and listen?

Been sceptical and reject all and any new information that you all haven’t carved in stone or documented at OUCH. It’s like you all waiting for the CURE to come from something or someone familiar. Trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Do you honestly think that a cure will NEVER EVER be found ?! That CH is here to stay forever? Or is it simply impossible for you to grasp the fact that someone at the tip of Africa knows more than you?  Bring on your arrogance, scrutinized me to the max if you must, I will still assist you as and where I can.

Ryan

Now that's arrogant.

Potter

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #61 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:31am

No NHL hockey this year. Bummer.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #62 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:44am

seaworthy wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:31am:

None whatsoever?

Good God, is nothing sacred anymore?

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #63 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:46am

Brew wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:44am:
seaworthy wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:31am:

None whatsoever?

Good God, is nothing sacred anymore?

Who said no hockey?

Potter

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #64 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:49am

The Federal mediator already got fired. I said Go Bruins not Go Away Bruins

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #65 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:02am

seaworthy wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 10:49am:
The Federal mediator already got fired. I said Go Bruins not Go Away Bruins

Why would the Feds get involved in a hockey dispute?

Potter

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #66 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:09am

Here's the latest I could find:

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #67 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:18am

Do you think that just because you say that you were cured and that the "CURE" is now here that were just going to take your word for it??? Nobody knows who you are! We would all be fools if that were the case! So are you speaking for Dr. Shevel now???? Somehow i don't think he would appreciate it!! We haven't heard from the medical community or even a word from Dr. Shevel himself and NOBODY is knocking Dr. Shevel!!! So knock off the arrogant BS and take your medicine!.....  Angry
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:35am by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #68 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:29am

Quote:
Why would the Feds get involved in a hockey dispute?

Because they can and the league couldn't get it done. I've been enjoying the AHL Games at a fraction of the price.

Go Manchester Monarchs !
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:29am by seaworthy »  

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #69 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 11:52am

IP Logged

Clusterman59
CH.com Veteran

Pain free is AWESOME!!

San Diego, California
Reply #70 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:46pm

Ryan....How would you know what Danny said????? Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:17pm by Clusterman59 »  

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #71 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:29pm

The Patriots are doing well this year. Super Bowl caliber.
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:30pm by seaworthy »  

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #72 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:29pm

Quote:
I've been enjoying the AHL Games at a fraction of the price.

Go Manchester Monarchs !

seaworthy wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:29pm:
The Patriots are doing well this year. Super Bowl caliber.

The NFL's not on strike, why are you watching minor league football, too?

Wink

Lions are on their way.   In my next life time.

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #73 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 9:00pm

Quote:
The NFL's not on strike, why are you watching minor league football, too?

Vince Wilfork has you address.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #74 - Nov 28th, 2012 at 10:53am

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:34am:

Ryan

Only Danny would know that.  Hi Danny.

Potter

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!