Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache CURE (Read 24443 times)
Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Cluster Headache CURE
Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 4:50pm

Your condescension and arrogance are breathtaking.

You have no idea about the difference between the word "cure" and and the word "treatment." The word "cure" is not taken lightly around here.

You also do not seem to appreciate that a successful treatment for one person can be a complete waste of time for another.

Until you do a little soul searching and a LOT of apologizing, I, for one, am done with you. May your days and nights be pain-free.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Reply #26 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 4:57pm

Breathtaking was not the first word that came to me . Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #27 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 5:01pm

I was trying my hardest not to get banned.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #28 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:53pm

Quote:
including some fowl language from him????

Hey Potter! Can you teach me to talk Rooster. This Rosetta Stone shit just aint working.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #29 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:20am

seaworthy wrote on Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:53pm:
Quote:

Hey Potter! Can you teach me to talk Rooster. This Rosetta Stone shit just aint working.

Mooooooooooooooooo.

Potter

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #30 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:02am

Potter wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:20am:
Quote:

Mooooooooooooooooo.

Potter

Didn't you know Potter was multi-lingual?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #31 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:16am

Quote:

Hey Potter! Can you teach me to talk Rooster.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hey, whatcha making there boy? ... "Nice kid but doesn't listen to a word you say.  I say there boy, have ya gone off the farm.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #32 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:40am

Kevin_M wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 10:16am:
Quote:

Hey Potter! Can you teach me to talk Rooster.

melaman2.com/cartoons/looney/0-foghorn-cards/card-01.jpg

melaman2.com/cartoons/looney/0-foghorn/foghorn-a.jpg
Hey, whatcha making there boy? ... "Nice kid but doesn't listen to a word you say.  I say there boy, have ya gone off the farm.

Not often but I did spend the night at the Rio.

Potter

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #33 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 12:26pm

Boy! I say boy! That ain't no chicken. Thats a dawg with a rubber glove on his head.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #34 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 1:33pm

I apologize. I am too jaded to be of help to anyone here.

IP Logged

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #35 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 1:37pm

Hmmm, bare, I say bare as a cooch dancers midriff

Rock beats Scissors.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #36 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:01pm

I'm too tough, son. No white meat, just gristle. Feel my wing. I used to be young and tender once - Feel my wing like I toldya, boy! - but that was a long time ago. Now if you - I say, if you want something tender, nothing beats a good old pheasant. Pheasant under glass, that's good eatin'! Any of this getting through, son?

IP Logged

Design_by_Cluster
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #37 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 3:05pm

Nice...I say nice kid. About as sharp as a bowling ball.

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #38 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 5:11pm

Do you all have to type like you acting a scene from a movie?

Is the word fowl so funy, or is it just all the intellegance that you all can cope with at one time... Yawn,

Is this pace a big fat pitty party? harry

@ brew...?!?!  are you drnuk? or you still stoend? tyipng like you think we are ALL in your head, sober up and cmoe jion the caht, how abuot that? and lerns smome fcats, or msut I spoon feed you?

@ charlotte... dont be, these guys have to be tough or morons to still be alive.

@potter how is that emotional maturity coming on at 64? thanks for sending me that picture of yourself with a pretty little bow in your hair,... I see you had some difficulty figuring out what felt better in your ear the gun or your finger.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #39 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 5:18pm

"You're doing a lot of choppin', but no chips are flyin'."

"That boy couldn't hit the side of a barn with the side of a barn!"

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #40 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 5:54pm

IP Logged

Lobster
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #41 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 7:21pm

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 5:11pm:
Do you all have to type like you acting a scene from a movie?
Is the word fowl so funy, or is it just all the intellegance that you all can cope with at one time...

At this point we are all just enjoying each others company.  Join in.  Google 'foghorn leghorn'. 

That dog's as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

Rock beats Scissors.

IP Logged

seaworthy
CH.com Hall of Famer

Reply #42 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:16pm

Quote:
potter how is that emotional maturity coming on at 64? thanks for sending me that picture of yourself with a pretty little bow in your hair

Could someone, and I mean anyone, please forward me that pic.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #43 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:33pm

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 5:11pm:
@ brew...?!?!  are you drnuk? or you still stoend? tyipng like you think we are ALL in your head, sober up and cmoe jion the caht, how abuot that? and lerns smome fcats, or msut I spoon feed you?

Dude. Buy a clue and stop embarrassing yourself.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #44 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 2:50am

seaworthy wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:16pm:
Quote:
potter how is that emotional maturity coming on at 64? thanks for sending me that picture of yourself with a pretty little bow in your hair

Could someone, and I mean anyone, please forward me that pic.

Page one Rosie the riveter.

Potter

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #45 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 4:09am

Cluster cured wrote on Nov 20th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
@ Mike NZ the answers to your question I will NOT answer in ANY detail, the bottom line to your silly question, (that was made to look complicated) is that; if one part of the trigeminal nerve is irritated the entire nerve gets inflamed, irritated  and reacts

I'm sorry you considered my question to be silly. However it is only by asking questions that I can understand things.

Hopefully my other question (below) is not a silly question. Could you also answer this? Or at least explain why this is a silly question?

Quote:
I'm also interested in how this work compares to the work done by Goadsby et al around the hypothalamus being involved in CHs (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register).

IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #46 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 1:13pm

Hi Mike NZ : I’m sorry for calling your question silly. I should have said that the way you asked was a complicated way of asking, “to interpret you question correctly was... “Why is it that if a small part or section of the TG nerve is irritated why does the entire nerve react?” in other words he was asking why is it that just by putting a restriction around a blood vessel in my upper jaw stop my entire trigeminal nerve from reacting?!!? And to answer nicely, “the trigeminal nerve is more than very sensitive and delicate, So when the trigeminal nerve is irritated or over stimulated, (even by blood pressure) the entire branch of the nerve reacts, It is similar to that of a tree in that, if the trunk of a tree is damaged all the leaves on the tree will be affected.  And that is why the arterial ligation is so effective; it prevents pressure and inflammation around the TG nerve or the trunk of the tree in this analogy. And as far as procedures goes, its much safer and, risk free when compared to Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). The arterial ligation restricts the blood flow around the TG nerve and to make things worse this artery is tiny, only 1mm in diameter. Keep your eye open for the release of a document soon to be public from The American Journal of Maxillo Facial Surgery re: cluster headaches.

The answer to your second question regarding the Deep Brain Stimulation DBS is just another type/method to aborting, treating or coping with an attack by installing a pace maker probe into a part of the brain called the Hypothalamus region.
The aim in this is to stop/prevent an attack and ultimately Cure the cluster headache. (sorry Brew for using those two words together), they do this by stimulating or treating the area of the brain that reacts when we have an attack that results in the arteries to dilate of arteries . To put it simply, it’s a way of approaching the issue in the part of the brain that demonstrates an unrecognized activity when we are been assaulted by CH itself). It is currently the accepted view that when a Ch attack occurs, an abnormal brain function within a normal brain structure is evident Cluster headaches are idiopathic type headaches with many similarities to migraine, (doctors don’t know why the brain functions abnormally in normal structured brain tissue called the hypothalamic grey matter. all they know is it does. ( on a spiritual level The place in the brain where the activity happens is next to the penile gland AKA the third eye)

They figured this out by  identifying and observing brain function of CH patients of a range of sexes and ages,  using a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) Using a radiographic technique (called a positron emission tomography) they were able to measure and replica the frequency of energy in the Hypothalamus, obviously when we were not having an attack. Then by installing a probe into that region of our brain that can imitate the frequency Hypothalamus area in rest state using a device that is similar in nature to a (heart) pace maker except it is installed into the centre of our brain, just like a pace maker maintains the rhythm of someone with heart problems, a “Cluster-headache-Pacemaker” maintains and even brainwave rhythm. But they have to drill a hole 3/4 “ inch diameter hole through your scull in the top of your fore head to get the probe in, then they run a wire under your scull towards the back of your neck, then under your neck skin into your chest where the pace maker is installed in you forever. The DBS pacemaker monitors the energy in your brain, and emulates a stable frequency through its probe into the Hypothalamus region of the brain, It comes with risk of infection and disabilities of its own like sensitivity to magnetic machines, arc welders and has been known to set off security equipment like when leaving a shop, get ready with your story as they cavity search you and as a suspected shop lifter. Plus the batteries need changing every once in a while.

@brew maybe there isn’t 1 pill that cures all... but what if 10 pills has cured 10 headaches!?! for me that was a good enough start. Especially when I was willing to try anything. And all Ligation surgery happed just under my skin and most importantly outside my scull. So I did I took a chance, and here I am eating lots of chocolate (not apologies) and drinking loads beer, I’m completely cluster free nearly five months later. And I don’t have to worry about a machine implanted in my chest nor the batteries, or a ¾ inch hole drilled in my scull. That’s why Dr. Shevel’s course of action called an arterial ligation was the safest bet to getting cured.  Watch my video on you tube.... You guessed it the title is... “Cluster headache cure by Dr. Shevel” watch it and weep tears of joy!  My Chickens. Bwahahaha.

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #47 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 9:53pm

Thank you for the interesting response that gave a lot more detail that enabled me to better understand what is happening.

I'd not class this as being a cure as the person will still have the underlying CH mechanism which seems to start in the hypothalamus. Instead it is a mechanism by which the CH pain can be avoided by removing or minimising the stimulation of the trigeminal nerve. I suspect that when the appropriate trigger for a CH, e.g. alchohol, is present a CH will happen but no pain will be felt.

Has there been any research where there is a double blind procedure where people undergo a process, so get the treatment and some have a placebo? This is the normal gold standard for medical treatments to determine if the results are statistically significant.

Is there any difference between treating someone with left or right sided pain? Similarly for their CH pain location which can be in the temple or around the eye? How long is the treatment effective for (i.e. does the process need to be redone every few years)?

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #48 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 11:28pm

Good questions, Mike.

I confess I'm one who is put off by the word "Cure" also.  I don't believe it is a cure, as Mike pointed out.  I will be interested in seeing if there is anything that shows up in medical literature other than that put out by the Dr himself.  Forgive me if I'm a skeptic, but I've been around this beast for to long to be overwhelmed by a one post wonder.  Where were you before this miracle occurred? In the interests of full disclosure, what is your relationship to the clinic other than as a patient?  (Don't take offense.  That is not an attack, just a request for information on which to base a decision.)

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Cluster cured
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #49 - Nov 23rd, 2012 at 2:54am

@ Mike NZ Well what did come first the chicken or the egg. (none it was the rooster) So Is the abnormal function that is happening in our normal hypothalamus while we are been attacked, is it a result or a cause...? Doctors don’t know whether the hyperactivity in the hypothalamus is a reaction from the irritated trigeminal nerve or if the reaction or the irritation of the nerve causing the abnormal brain function well you decide... here are some facts....

the hypothalamus has the highest density of receptors, is actually a cluster of brain cells that acts as a go-between the brain and the pituitary gland in that it receives and transmits messages to and from the pituitary gland, and the Brain, the pituitary gland is the main hub that receives all the stimuli from our Trigeminal Nerve it is basically a main connection hub including (in fact all nerves in our body originate from our pituitary gland.) The pituitary gland has two main sections to it a top and a bottom opening that secret hormones, feed our glands, and regulate activity of our nervous system which includes the trigeminal nerve. So in a normal process; when a nerve is stimulated the information is received in the pituitary gland, the information from there is then sorted, like if you feel cold the pituitary gland will release the chemical to the gland that will make you get goose bumps as well as other things like reduce blood flow in that areas to prevent heat loss, without you being aware of it. But when a nerve stimulation that is received from a nerve let’s say Your stomach; for instance like been sea sick, your stomach nerves are telling your brain that you are been thrown around but your eyes are telling your brain everything is fine on brain’s side so the stimuli is ignored by the brain and stopped in the hypothalamus area, and therefore the hypothalamus cant cope and so it sends a message back to the pituitary gland for an automated solution required for the stomach to deal with it itself because the brain has over ridden the stimuli received from the stomach, so the stomach nerve is set into a hyperactivity mode for the stomach to deal with and so the stomach thinks it must be something inside the stomach so you keep vomiting even when there is nothing left in your stomach. The brain has our five main senses to rely on, like sight sound touch and smell, and makes a decision on that. So the same happens when our Trigeminal nerve is irritated by blood pressure due to the dilation of an artery, pain is thought to be result from a process called neurovascular compression and in turn hyperactivity of the trigeminal nerve is experienced AKA A CLUSTER HEADACHE ATTACK.

Your Question on the placebo is experimental surgery and it involves putting a gene pill inside your brain. No thanks.
another couple of reasons why I accepted that an artery was responsible was when I first noticed my Cluster headaches when I was training for a motor cycle race in the mountains of Lesotho, where I was travelling through high and low altitude and an attack would always happen when I reached high altitudes. I live 5500Ft (-+ 1700meters) above sea level. I had once been on my way out of a cycle and I went to Cape town at sea level and my headaches stopped for a week while I was there but started back when I returned home. I have also had an attack while boarding a aeroplane and as soon as the plane was pressurised the attack aborted. Another time when I went to South America to a place called Puno, next to lake Titicaca in Peru, where the it is 4000 meters above sea level, and I had attacks every night for a week while I was there. Has anyone else experienced these altitude triggers ?
Ryan 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!