More on the psi-tx (shroom treatment)...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]

Posted by Q ( on October 03, 2000 at 01:30:21:

In Reply to: Shrooms! posted by Graham on October 02, 2000 at 19:46:28:

...Graham is correct in his statements. I too am (was) chronic before the psi-tx. It took many months to become comfortable with the idea. The results, so far, have been absolutely positive.

I did note in my research that some species of mushrooms act their poison by destroying the liver on a three day delayed fuse. No symptoms of the poisoning appear for three days and then *pow* the liver shuts down and you're dead in a matter of hours. That is a pretty sobering toxicology, and a near perfect murder weapon if anyone needs to hide their tracks. .

I had some experience in picking the psi-type shrooms from 20 years before, while in college. When we found the one's growing in the pasture, the sight and smell at once identified the species. There was quite a bit of "junk" mushroom harvested by those who did not know exactly what they were looking for. To the untrained eye, all shrooms look alike. To the untrained eye it is hard to tell where the cow patty stops and the shroom begins, so there was a lot of cow dung to sort out as well. After you have done it once or twice you will easily be able to spot the right ones.

The thing about the toxic effects on the liver was an eye-opener. I'm not recommending that this is a reason not to persue to psi-tx, just be careful.

Also, as I stated in one of the previous progress reports, the risk of being chased down by an irate cow, bull or rancher is probably equal to that of ingesting a toxic mushroom. Both risks are easily mitigated by keeping your eyes open and having a clear head when you go into the field. Both these risks are completely mitigated if you grow your own.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Cluster Headaches Messages ]



Click Here!