Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 1:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 5-HT activity in Kudzu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   5-HT activity in Kudzu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  27 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5-HT activity in Kudzu  (Read 32684 times)
ErikY
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: 5-HT activity in Kudzu
« Reply #125 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 3:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 21st, 2005, 3:20pm, nani wrote:
Eric...how many mgs are you taking? I'm taking 750 mgs twice a day (1500mgs total)  

I am taking the Natures Way which I believe to be 150mg per dosage (I dont have the bottle in front of me), of which I am taking 3 times per day.  If I am right, I am only taking 450mg per day, may not be enough.

I way over 210 so I may need much much more.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #126 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 3:34pm »

You may want to increase....
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Shiraj
New Board Newbie
USA 

ow

king0fsnake

« Reply #127 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:55pm »

ErikY: yeah try upping your dose.I weigh around 175 and I was taking only 1 750 mg dose for the first 2 days and it didnt do much. I pound down 2 of those stinky bad boys now every day and night  and i feel great. Forget those 150 mg pills get the big ones from planetary formulas.
IP Logged
ErikY
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #128 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 4:57pm »

I think I was mistaken, I think they are actually 613 mg.  I looked at the post someone else had put up about the natures way and it says 613.

If so, That is a lot to take 3 times per day.

Have to check out the other brand.
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #129 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 5:03pm »

Nature's WayTM has "certified" 613 mg/cap. The jar recommends 2 caps 3X daily...... 3678 mg/ 6 mg Daidzin per day. Not sure how they mix this stuff. That may be the equivalent of gnawing 4 lbs of root hourly, or 1 tablespoon gnawed twice daily, or something. This is all still pretty much a crap shoot.
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
pam s
New Board Veteran
USA 

I feel ... special!

« Reply #130 on: Feb 21st, 2005, 11:28pm »

on Feb 17th, 2005, 3:46pm, floridian wrote:

Read the article: http://tinyurl.com/4tfwd  ... it won't enlighten you, but may help you on your journey.  

Wow, floridian, thanks for your efforts! I am touched when people use the internet for unselfish humanitarian purposes such as this. I do have a lot of notes on CH but I've always wished there was something more comprehensive, all in one place.
IP Logged

Pam

Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #131 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:21am »

I am Floridian's new biggest fan. His research has always been helpful...but now....
well, I'm still giddy.    Grin   Day 17: only 1, yes 1, easy shadow this afternoon.
IP Logged

clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #132 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 6:20am »

Well, what can I say?  I got greedy.  My own fault.  Had a beer last night.  It was good.  But I woke up this morning with a hit.  It hurt.  Couldn't sleep.  Why couldn't I leave well enough alone?  I had to tempt the Kudzu...

Hopeful I will get back on track very soon.

Casey
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2005, 6:21am by clarence » IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #133 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:04am »

Interesting thread.

Been shadowing lots lately, so ordered two bottles of Natures Way brand from vitacost.com for $16.45 shipped.

Vig already has his car loaded up with a shipment for the frozen north...
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #134 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:20am »

crackup

It even stripped off the blue paint...that be some strong medicine..

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #135 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:49am »

ROTFL Rock!    laugh
I woke up with a K4 shadow this morning and started thinking it was all too good to be true.  Sad
It lasted 5 minutes!  Smiley  
Sorry, Casey... Sad   I hope you're relief gets back on track ASAP.
IP Logged

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #136 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 9:22am »

on Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:04am, Rock_Lobster wrote:
Been shadowing lots lately, so ordered two bottles of Natures Way brand from vitacost.com for $16.45 shipped.

Wow thanks for that site Rock...ordered from there much cheaper than UK rates even including shipping! (You can be my hero for today!!  Wink  Wink
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Ellick
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

ET found here.

Email

« Reply #137 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 8:00am »

I'd really like to try this out at the moment. Trouble is I am using 2 to 3 Imigran 20mg nasal sprays a day and 160mg per verapimil. If can get on to O2 then I guess I could give it a go. We have Chinese herbalists locally so I am sure I could obtain it relatively easily.

Ellick.
IP Logged

ET
godsjoy777
New Board Veteran
USA 

HIS name is above clusters

godsjoy777  
Email

« Reply #138 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 9:19am »

I had been only on O2 and my prevents (Zonegran at night) and I got some Kudzu and got to try it for only one full day and night before I had to go for the Maxalt....It was my own fault....my O2 ran out and my 3 nightly hits were too much for me to handle with showers and ice......so I took a Maxalt....crap.....I want to keep trying the Kudzu.....BUT.....Can I??????
I had just one Maxalt at around 3:30am.....

Help...
Karen
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #139 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 9:52am »

Karen and Ellick, I think the advice to not use kudzu and triptans is based on the fact that kudzu has triptan like effects on your body (and brain). I still would not suggest that you do that. If you could tough it out long enough to get the triptans out of your system and start kudzu as a prevent, I think you would find it helpful. I have no idea what the half life of the triptan drugs are, or how long before they're gone...perhaps a call to the pharmacy would tell you?  

I'm still cruising....day 19
Yesterday I had a "regular" headache. Probably a tension one. It bugged the crap out of me...because I think I've finally gotten used to very little discomfort. I took two ibuprofen and was back to my almost PF self in 30 minutes.  Smiley
Life is good.
IP Logged

ozzy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

As I Am

WWW Email

« Reply #140 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:42am »

This whole issue of standardization and some brands having more or less daidzen is a problem.

In my case with only 300 mg of concentrated root extract. Each capsule: 150 mg. / 1.5% Daizen, 0.95% Daidzen, I may be taking less than most.

The results so far, I think it is worth considering and that individuals may adjust their doses up or down until they get the desired results

Disclaimer: these statements are my personal opinion, I'm not a doctor, consult with your doctor before adding, reducing, or withdrawing from any medication.

Only shadows last night and this morning, but it may be due to change in weather, pressure (airplane) and sleep amount. I'm back from vacation, so my guess is that in a couple of days I should be back to "normal" .

It will be interesting to see late March when I go to Alaska....(may have to increase melatonin...or decrease it....hummmm)

Ozzy
IP Logged
Ellick
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

ET found here.

Email

« Reply #141 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 4:42pm »

Nanni,
Thanks for the advice, I will certainly follow it. I hope to get 02, if it works I will try Kudzu and I will remember to check out how long it takes triptans to vanish.

I am really happy for you that Kudzu looks like it is working for you. I think true bliss is when you get relief from agony in all it's forms.

My best wishes to you,

Ellick.x
IP Logged

ET
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #142 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 5:25pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2005, 4:42pm, Ellick wrote:
Nanni,
Thanks for the advice, I will certainly follow it. I hope to get 02, if it works I will try Kudzu and I will remember to check out how long it takes triptans to vanish.

I am really happy for you that Kudzu looks like it is working for you. I think true bliss is when you get relief from agony in all it's forms.

My best wishes to you,

Ellick.x

I think you worded that backwards.  02 is a great abortive that will not interfer with the efficacy of kudzu should it work for you.  Taking kudzu and the triptans at the same time is a no no.  Reason being both chemicals work on the same receptors in much the same way.  PLEASE don't get confused on what steps you should take.  Like any other medication or treatment course, you MUST use them correctly to gain the benifits.  Any other way you risk not only the failure of the medication, but could also risk your health.  

*I'm not a doctor or medical professional, but this is standard knowlege, and good advice*
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
godsjoy
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #143 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 5:40pm »

Ditto....thanks for the info....If I hadn't run out of O2....I'd still be ok for the Kudzu....I have it....I guess I'll ask the pharmacist asap.....'cause I want to get back started experimenting on the KUDZU!!!!!

Love y'all,
Karen
IP Logged

Think as one of action...
Act as one of thought
and pray...pray....pray...
Ellick
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

ET found here.

Email

« Reply #144 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 6:09pm »

I understand quite clearly not to take Triptan and Kudzu at the same time. I also understand that using 02 is ok with Kudzu.
I did not realise that I said this a way that looked opposite. I agreed with Nanni and said I would follow her advice.
Thankyou for checking it out with me. I know I have to be careful with the treatments and how they are mixed.

I currently use Sumatriptan nasal spray 2 to3 times a day and 160mg verapamil. I need to use the sumatriptan at the moment as I seem to be getting very quick onset and very intense pain within 10 minutes. I hope to replace the sumatritan with 0" (which I have'nt used before). I would only start using Kudzu if 02 gets me out of the deep pits and I am claer of any Triptans in my body.

I am grateful for your advice. Thankyou.

Ellick. x
IP Logged

ET
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #145 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 7:43pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2005, 5:25pm, Redd715 wrote:
Taking kudzu and the triptans at the same time is a no no.  

Actually, there is NO Proof of anything....just possibili-tittes. There may or may not be an interference connection. I have no problem walking on the wild side when seeking a PF solution. Ain't telling anybody what to do, just stating my preferences. I love Beta testing, and I love O2.

Me and my damned short ECH cycles,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #146 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 8:40pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2005, 7:43pm, Mr. Happy wrote:

Actually, there is NO Proof of anything....just possibili-tittes. There may or may not be an interference connection. I have no problem walking on the wild side when seeking a PF solution. Ain't telling anybody what to do, just stating my preferences. I love Beta testing, and I love O2.

Me and my damned short ECH cycles,
RJ

Ok RJ...possibili-whateveryousaids.  Still I would tend to err on the side of caution, as we all are aware of the pitfals of mixing triptans.  If the chemicals work the same receptors, the poskabilitees of adverse interaction would be my concern.  

Pegg (who's mighty patial to breathing thank you)
IP Logged

godsjoy777
New Board Veteran
USA 

HIS name is above clusters

godsjoy777  
Email

« Reply #147 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 12:19am »

OK.....It has been 20 hours since my last Maxalt......Maybe after a good night's sleep ......or not....at least aborting with O2.....I can start my Kudzu experiment again....

How many days before anyone noticed a difference????

Karen
IP Logged
Shiraj
New Board Newbie
USA 

ow

king0fsnake

« Reply #148 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 12:47am »

Im still pain freeee! Btw i mixed triptans. I got a bad hit on the third day of kudzu  so i took a 2mg shot of imitrex. I felt fine and i havent had a hit since then. I think this is day 8  laugh
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #149 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 12:53am »

That's great news Shiraj!! I was wondering about you today. Hope it keeps working!

Karen, I felt better the next day. I just shadowed some. The longer I've been on it, the shorter the shadows have been.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  27 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss