Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Dopiest responses to CH (Read 51046 times)
Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Re: Dopiest responses to CH
Reply #50 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 4:37pm

Izzy wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 5:04pm:
Wow. This is so happening to us right now! We don't say headaches or migraines. We're like "He has a brain disease." People shut up. It's just easier. We used to say "Wicked headaches" but people just think he is a sissy that can't handle a migraine. Whatever...the dopiest thing? "Keep taking Advil."

RIGHT...with the light dusting of hellfire on his brain that no amount of silly little "moderate pain reliever" will EVER be able to help, I'll be sure to follow up on that.

Yes, the word "headache" is the killer!

We've resorted to the "he has a brain disease" response too.  Gary finally had enough of the "Oh I've had ONE of those!"

Although one of his old neuros did write him a prescription for a vacation to Hawaii.   Smiley

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #51 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 6:57pm

Quote:
This one came from a neuro: "take an aspirin and drink a coke".
I dont see him anymore.
Horse doctor Angry
thebb

maybe he said coke and really meant pepsi Cheesy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Reply #52 - Nov 21st, 2008 at 7:08pm

"thats what you get for making all that money"

and more recently

" thats what you get for losing all that money"

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #53 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 2:39pm

It's not the dumbest thing anyone ever said to me, but it was a thread on these boards, years ago:

Topic was something about how do you cope, what do you do, where do you go, during a hit.  A response was, and I paraphrase,

I mentally go to the beach, where I sit in the hot sun wearing a string bikini, that I really can no longer fit in.  I just close my eyes and take in the heat.

That response received tons of replys, most of which were not very nice. The poster was called a troll.  The poster was called a Meegrainer, and the poster was so denigrated that he/she left the boards in humiiation.

I was that poster.  I posted that back in the summer of 1999 on these boards, prior to having a confirmed diagnosis.  I posted this during the first ever in my life Ch cycle.  I was uninformed, and very naive.  I asked stupid questions, and posted stupid posts.

With a firm diagnosis under my belt, I came back two years later  and two cycles later.  Now, I always give any newbie the benefit of the doubt no matter how uninformed or naive his post may be.

As to my responses now to people's comments,  I just say that I have a malformed hypothalmus that causes the constriction of the blood vessels in my brain.  The only things that can help alleviate the pain are vasoconstrictors, which dilate the blood vessels, etc, etc.

Once you hit the word hypothalmus, then go to vasoconstrictor, they quit listning.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Tanyana
CH.com Junior

What? Now???

Hayden id usa
Reply #54 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 6:36pm

One er doc told me to go on a walk and breath in the good idaho air its 20% oxygen.  When I told him that o2 would help my headache.
p

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!
Patricia Anderson Roth  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #55 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 8:53pm

You know I don't get comments of 'I've had one of those too'. But I think it's because we mention my other problems first, then clusters later on.

When you tell people all of the other crap you have first that IS life threatening, they don't make comments like that too often. They end up not wanting to say they might have anything remotely like what you have, because the thought freaks them out too bad.

Generally if I tell someone the pain is so bad that it makes me suicidal during the worst parts, they also don't want to think about it. Like I said, it's way too scary to think about something that painful.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Nov 23rd, 2008 at 9:06pm

I was a doing the Linda Blair at the nero’s office and the HA nurse clinician said "can I get you something"? I replied yes some O2 please and she said "we don’t have O2 here you will have to go down stairs to the ER if you need it that BAD"! Like I was complaining! I said it’s a dam hospital, and you don’t even have an O2 cart? It’s just how they treat us that really sucks…

Rolo. Sad
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2008 at 9:45pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

ninja mom
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #57 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 2:11am

Told to me by a "chiropractor"..."your headaches are caused by a past-life experience.  You were defending your home-during the Civil War, and were struck and killed by a blow to the right side of your face."
Shocked
And how did he know this? I asked. 
His angel-perched in the corner of his room-told him.  I saw no angel, and although I do believe in a spiritual plane not ordinarily visible to us, this was more the ramblings of a quack.

He charged me $50.

Gotta admit-I've gotten alot of milegae on this story though.
Roll Eyes

Words count, chose carefully.

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #58 - Nov 24th, 2008 at 9:09pm

So, my Mom just informed me that last week, when I was at the pharmacy and having a cluster headache, the pharmacists had no idea what was going on.

The next time she was in they were all asking her
"Was Mysti mad about something?"
"Why did she have that look on her face?"
"What was Mystina upset over?"

I nearly pissed myself laughing when I heard this... Seriously, one eye closed, pacing, and groaning = angry?! Mom was like "Uh no...What you were witnessing? Was her in a cluster. She was holding her head and groaning for a reason!"

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #59 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 7:47am

"As to my responses now to people's comments,  I just say that I have a malformed hypothalmus that causes the constriction of the blood vessels in my brain.  The only things that can help alleviate the pain are vasoconstrictors, which dilate the blood vessels, etc, etc.
"

Just so you know, it's the other way around; your blodvessels dilates and causes pressure on your trigeminal nerve. Vasoconstrictors helps constrict the vessels back to normal again, taking the pressure off the trigeminal nerve.

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #60 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 2:19pm

just dont think about it,  use mind over matter. you can do it, your mind is a powerful tool.  uh......go fuck yourself, until you have to walk 1 foot in my shoes dont tell me how to "deal with the pain"....thats just me.
chris

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

Rolomatic
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 2:26pm

Kind of makes you want to stomp on their toes until they cry for ya don't it Chris!

Rolo.. Grin

IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #62 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 12:15am

I had a boyfriend quoting from some book by that power of now guy tell me over and over that all pain is purely a manifestation of not living in the moment. The irritating thing was his moral superiority about it. I couldn't be honest about my day because he'd start quoting that stupid book.   Undecided

I got so frustrated from his condescension that I came to this board to ask for advice. Someone told me to tell him the next time he had diarrhea he needed to stop it by being in the moment. That if he would only control his mind he could control his body. As a confirmed curry lover, that finally shut him up. It turned out he'd been up all night the night before with diarrhea!

Grin

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
Katherinecm Katherinecm http://www.facebook.com/katym katycatcm katycatcm  
IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #63 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 12:20am

ninja mom wrote on Nov 24th, 2008 at 2:11am:
Told to me by a "chiropractor"..."your headaches are caused by a past-life experience.  You were defending your home-during the Civil War, and were struck and killed by a blow to the right side of your face."
Shocked
And how did he know this? I asked. 
His angel-perched in the corner of his room-told him.  I saw no angel, and although I do believe in a spiritual plane not ordinarily visible to us, this was more the ramblings of a quack.

He charged me $50.

Gotta admit-I've gotten alot of milegae on this story though.
Roll Eyes

LOL!  OMG!  I am totally going to go all Phoebe (from Friends) on the next condescending response to clusters and tell them that my headaches are caused by my past life!  The stupified response will be worth it!

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience."  Teilhard de Chardin
IP Logged

laura
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Illinois
Reply #64 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 2:34pm

"it's just a headache", "You act like you've never had a headache before"...

The above comments were from family and friends when I first started with CH. 

"You smoke too much, you are taking on too much and stressed out, you party too much" you know, the long speech that ER docs give you while they are holding the needle filled with Imitrex, Demoral, etc.  This ER doc never even listened to my symptoms and said it was migraine and it's my fault I get them because of my life style.

BUt I must say, my friends, famiy, and coworkers are more understanding now. 

Laura

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #65 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 6:33am

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA KATHERINE!!!11!!!1!!  Oh, boy howdy, I can't WAIT until my boyfriend gets diarrhea!!!!  Grin Grin Grin  Because yes, after being very supportive for so long, he went and said it- "Have you tried meditation?"   Shocked  I said, you try and meditate while I kick you in da nuts!!!

And my mom just won't get it....yesterday she gives me this epic speech about how I drink too much caffeine...I say, mom, they are PRESCRIBING ME CAFFEINE!!!!   Cheesy

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Snapper21
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Front Royal VA
Reply #66 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 7:32pm

sell your motorcycles and quit wearing that helmet all the time.
quit riding 2 strokes
take a hot shower

Sleep on your back   ???????????????????

IP Logged

bsic
CH.com Junior

Reply #67 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 7:46pm

Just Plain Carl wrote on Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:57am:
""yeah, I get headaches too""

LOL yes!  I had that response too.  And also "Wow those sound awful- well, if you feel them coming you can take a shot of something hard right?" 

DONT YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE TRIED THAT, GIVEN THE DESCRIPTION OF PAIN YOU JUST HEARD!?!?!

My hypothalamus is bigger than yours.
bsicaras  
IP Logged

Kirk
CH.com Alumnus

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

Harts Lake, WA
Reply #68 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 9:01pm

I just tell them that its a distant cousin to Epilepsy, and I'm having a siezure. That gets them off my back and stops the stupid questions.

Smiley

kirkevrrt 161860987 kirk_jones511 2607+395th+St+CT+S  
IP Logged

sheena.t
CH.com Newbie

If it aint broke why fix
it

SW England (UK)
Reply #69 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 8:00am

I once had to see a locum GP instead of my own doc to ask for a repeat prescription for O2. He stated to me that
"there is no medical evidence that O2 can treat the pain you say you are in"
I ended up in such a state that I couldn't speak!  AngryMy own GP was told the basics of what had happened and he sent a taxi to fetch me to him, he apologised and said that i was never to see another doctor again (what a SAINT) My O2 is now supplied without prescription direct from the gas supplier.
I don't know what happened to the locum doc... Roll Eyes

Maddoglady and proud   ! ! !

IP Logged

bsic
CH.com Junior

Reply #70 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 8:20am

Guys, this is a thread to earmark.  Im laughing just rereading the posts this morning.  Great theraputic value!!

My hypothalamus is bigger than yours.
bsicaras  
IP Logged

Katherinecm
CH.com Sponsor

Des Moines, IA, USA
Reply #71 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 2:52pm

Izzy wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 2:52am:
So I was talking with someone today & they go "Any chance he might be possessed?" I said "Why,  yes, of course, that makes perfect sense." (and laughed uncontrollably when alone in the bathroom...)

LOL.. I had something similar happen to me... I used to work in ministry and went into this "healing" prayer session at church and a woman who didn't know me told me that God told her that the reason I have headaches is because I allow the demon who causes them to stay in me. She then followed that up with a bunch of pseudo-spiritual babble taken out of context from the back of our senior pastor's most recent book. She didn't know that I had recently been on staff at his publishing company.  I told her she was wrong, she asked if my head hurt any more. Well, not at that minute it didn't but that's not the way it works!  She took it as proof that she was miss super-divine with a direct path to God.

When I later questioned that and the increasing amount of politics the church was involved in I was accused of losing my faith. I stopped going to that church.

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #72 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 11:13am

Just Plain Carl wrote on Oct 8th, 2008 at 4:57am:
""yeah, I get headaches too""
I have to reply to this response only to find out that the person who told me the same thing is indeed a clusterhead and has been diagnosed.  At first I was like yeah right (in my mind).  She is a co-worker and told me her symptoms and I was like, WOW, you do have CH.  This is the first time I have met a clusterhead in person and it's kind of cool (not that we get them) to be able to understand what another person is going through.  It's a small world.  I told her to get on this site ASAP.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #73 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 5:58pm

Which is why you gotta try and get to a meet and greet. Imagine meeting 30 of us!!! It's a mind blower. Good job on spreading the word! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Kim D
CH.com Junior

Nashville, TN
Reply #74 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 12:34am

1. "OH, It's just hormones."

2. "Oh, I get those all the time." (this one makes me most mad.)

3. "Take a multi-vitamin."

4. "Are you pregnant?"

Oh, how I love people that don't understand. Roll Eyes

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1.
kdyer89  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!